Monday’s episode

Del00 thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Once again beeji is showing herself to be a hypocrite. So she was abused herself as kid and gave a whole long speech yesterday about being silent and oppression etc. But when babita went to her and told her what lovely’s brother in law did to mini she kept it quiet because it was “lovely’s in-laws”. How can a woman who went through that herself and be traumatised by her mother not supporting her, go on to do the same to mini? Has it really taken her 2/3 generations for her to know that it’s wrong to be quiet about abuse? 

The school committee was so sad and disappointing to see. So sad to see a another woman being apart of it all and another woman being quiet about it. Having that committee meeting was all for show. To act like they’re taking action. Before the meeting even started the school board knew what the outcome of the meeting was going to be. 

What I don’t understand is where’s this police? Where’s the politicians? This story has reached the media and still no police or politician is involving themselves even thought there’s An issue about abuse in a school? 

I can’t help but feel if Neil was with mini in the room, the committee would have treated mini with more respect. They treated her as tho she was the one who was on trial. They treated her like a silly little child who had no right to be in the room as they grilled Arya and twisted her words and confused her. 

This story is turning out to be incredible and I really hope it’s giving women at home strength. Mini was fantastic yesterday, as was Neil 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Priya204 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Couldn't agree more with it I simply can't bring myself to forgive the elderly they have been throughthe same trauma but chose to keep quiet about it. The committee meeting was just for the media and nothing more the trial was unfair with no counselor and police involved.

What makes me really mad is neha's parents decision to send her to a boarding school this will add more to her trauma make her feel guilty.

Neil is actually being a true support to both the sisters he motivated arya as well as mini so that they don't give up ITV should have characters Neil.

Edited by Priya204 - 4 years ago
Del00 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Priya204

Couldn't agree more with it I simply can't bring myself to forgive the elderly they have been throughthe same trauma but chose to keep quiet about it. The committee meeting was just for the media and nothing more the trial was unfair with no counselor and police involved.

What makes me really mad is neha's parents decision to send her to a boarding school this will add more to her trauma make her feel guilty.

Neil is actually being a true support to both the sisters he motivated arya as well as mini so that they don't give up ITV should have characters Neil.

Agree about Neil. He’s been great through this all. I can’t wait for when we get to see his backstory. I think he’s also got a painful past and maybe that’s what will draw them together even more. He seems so affected by what mini went through and what Arya has gone through, almost as if he had personal experience with it? This might not be something people are wanting to see just yet but I’d love if they showed Male abuse. Male abuse is much rarer than female abuse but it does happen and it’s happening even more than it ever did before, and there’s more of a stigma attached to it than female abuse because men, just like women, are expected to be a certain way by society. Neil is being even more supportive than minis grandparents imo. I love how he believed mini without any questions. 

Nehas parents show perfectly the weak parents that exist out there. On the one hand it’s hard to be angry at them when they were threatened and probably worry about nehas reputation and future groom prospects and also taking on a rich school when they look like simple people but on the other hand it’s their child and they’re way too calm considering what’s happened. 

A school should not have this much power

Priya204 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: deefy89

Agree about Neil. He’s been great through this all. I can’t wait for when we get to see his backstory. I think he’s also got a painful past and maybe that’s what will draw them together even more. He seems so affected by what mini went through and what Arya has gone through, almost as if he had personal experience with it? This might not be something people are wanting to see just yet but I’d love if they showed Male abuse. Male abuse is much rarer than female abuse but it does happen and it’s happening even more than it ever did before, and there’s more of a stigma attached to it than female abuse because men, just like women, are expected to be a certain way by society. Neil is being even more supportive than minis grandparents imo. I love how he believed mini without any questions. 

Nehas parents show perfectly the weak parents that exist out there. On the one hand it’s hard to be angry at them when they were threatened and probably worry about nehas reputation and future groom prospects and also taking on a rich school when they look like simple people but on the other hand it’s their child and they’re way too calm considering what’s happened. 

A school should not have this much power

Yes I agree there is a painful backstory of Neil given how he relates to mini and arya I believe he is either a victim of male abuse or somebody has falsely accused him of MeToo and people simply declare a verdict of a man being a culprit without even giving him a fair chance of trial or listen to his side.

With neha's parents they are more concerned about their reputation and care less about its impact on their child, sending her to a boarding school will only make her feel guilty which is not the case, true they were pressurized by school but how can any parent put anything above their child? They are not even trying to get justice which is why mini's case has become weak.

Del00 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Priya204

Yes I agree there is a painful backstory of Neil given how he relates to mini and arya I believe he is either a victim of male abuse or somebody has falsely accused him of MeToo and people simply declare a verdict of a man being a culprit without even giving him a fair chance of trial or listen to his side.

With neha's parents they are more concerned about their reputation and care less about its impact on their child, sending her to a boarding school will only make her feel guilty which is not the case, true they were pressurized by school but how can any parent put anything above their child? They are not even trying to get justice which is why mini's case has become weak.

It is scary that parents like this exist. Just as scary as some parents who are the one responsible for abuse. Neha is probably going to feel scared of older men for years to come. And she’s only 5, not even old enough to understand what’s happened to her. I also don’t understand how any parent can not put their child first. It’s a parents job to protect their kids, they’ve got no1 else in the world. Why are so many women so weak and so afraid of their husbands? Babita used to be afraid of ashok before she divorced him, and I noticed neha mother was afraid of her husband even tho he looked and acted like a little mouse. 

What I noticed about this storyline is that it’s getting women talking about their own experience with abuse/assault. It people talking here on IF, it got mini talking then beeji and I hope it will get people talking about it at home. When people talk about, ppl get to see just how prevalent it is and how there’s nearly one in every family, sometimes more that this is happened to. That’s a lot of people who have had no justice and have just have to live silently with the trauma, while the men who did it are roaming free and able to do it to other girls.