Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

nami2811 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: journalgirl321

I completely agree. Post remarriage, I thought that they may focus on more in-depth conversations between Kuhu and Kunal, but they're still kind of stuck in that awkward, kinda-sorta-honeymoon phase. I think it's because they simply don't have the time to develop more on Kunal's character at the moment, so they've kind of just sidelined him unfortunately. I really want the two of them to open up to each other a lot more, though. Even their scene today was really only about Abir and his Mahashivratri puja. I just hope that they do something about it before Ritvik grows disinterested. He has so much talent and potential, plus he's super young, so I really don't see him sticking around if Kunal starts to become a stagnant character. 

Hai na.. Today's conversation was about Abir and helping him. When will they talk about themselves? Burnt the divorce papers and that's the closure we get?

nami2811 thumbnail

By the way did anyone notice the dialogue in the scene where Kunal says he and Kuhu will help them? 

He asks Kuhu "Organize karne mein poori raat lag jaayegi. Is it okay?" That was SO sweet!! And not sure what he wanted to do in the night β˜ΊοΈπŸ˜† He made sure biwi didn't have any plans for him🀣

Samanalyse thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: nami2811

By the way did anyone notice the dialogue in the scene where Kunal says he and Kuhu will help them? 

He asks Kuhu "Organize karne mein poori raat lag jaayegi. Is it okay?" That was SO sweet!! And not sure what he wanted to do in the night β˜ΊοΈπŸ˜† He made sure biwi didn't have any plans for him🀣

OMG YES! This was such an adorable detail 

This is what gives me hope; he didn't get so carried away in helping his bhai that he assumed Kuhu would be on board. He's trying so hard not to take her for granted! 

Kunal's brain simultaneously being super-innocent and charging forward in a particular direction at super-speed is everything πŸ˜‰

journalgirl321 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Samanalyse

So for me, this is part of the problem. It all comes down to the fact that Mishti gets rewarded because she is better at lying than Kuhu is, better at switching the mahaanta act on and off at a moment's notice.  This has actually bothered me from very early on in the show, when Mishti outed Kuhu's feelings for Kunal even when Kuhu begged her not to, promised BP that they would not meet the RV boys and then continued to sneak out to meet Abir. Kuhu got pretty dire consequences while Mishti got off scott free simply because she chose not to tell BP about her own "friendship" with Abir, and framed it as her helping Kunal and Kuhu get their happy ending. Errr... sure. πŸ€”

Kuhu, in her natural state, wears her emotions on her sleeve. The only reason she found it easy to hide the divorce truth was because other than Kunal's indifference (which wasn't even very consistent), she was much happier in RVS than she had ever been in her maika. When she is happy, she spreads that easily to the people around her but when she is unhappy, she can be equally instinctive in spewing whatever bitterness bubbles up. That's why she seemed to blossom in her sasural -- she finally got to be happy which automatically made her better for everyone around her. Remember when she was so happy that Abir and Kunal made up that she hugged Meenu? πŸ˜²πŸ˜†

Kuhu also connects to people via emotion, and she has empathy (almost to a fault) for any emotion that is sincere, even if it's antagonistic. We need look no further than Kunal for this. She never managed to resent him the way she does Mishti because for all his efforts to shut her out, his anger only helped her see the pain that he was in. She got him because she could connect with his raw emotions, and when she did, he listened to her. Similarly with Abir, they first connected because they are both emotion-forward people and she never thought about the break-up in terms of taking sides because she could feel for both Mishti and Abir. 

In that sense, I think Mishti totally stumps and therefore frustrates Kuhu. She doesn't ever let her true emotions show (and it's on the rare occasion she does that Kuhu is totally there for her), and as a result, not only can Kuhu not connect with her, but Kuhu's emotion-forward approach to life gets panned as impulsive and immature because Mishti is so much better at and preoccipied with curating her image. It's when Kuhu tries to compete with Mishti in this method instead of embracing who she is that she becomes the worst version of herself. Unfortunately, it's going to take more than a few months of the RVs to undo the years of experience she has with Mishti's method being the only surefire way to attention and admiration. 

1000000000% agree with you. I used to wonder why Kuhu still stuck with Kunal even though he was so nasty to her at the beginning. And then I started to realize that she found her solace, not with Kunal, but with his family. She actually became the best version of herself, and her unseen talent of being able to effortlessly bring people together really shone. She never felt the need to compete with anyone, because she never felt compared to anyone in that house. She also didn't have anyone in that house to fill her mind with toxicity (*cough* Jasmeet *cough), because no one had an agenda regarding her. There is no way to put it other than this: Mishti brings out the absolute WORST in Kuhu. And Kuhu is fully aware of this. Which is why on the morning after the wedding when she was talking on the phone with Jasmeet, she emphasized that she was really only concerned with building a happy life with Kunal, and nothing else. 

I can definitely see why Kunal loves Kuhu, though. Minus Mishti, she is quite endearing and actually pretty likeable. She knows how to keep a family happy and drama free, and I wish that those same qualities that Kunal liked in her wouldn't go away with a drop of the hat just because of her insecurities regarding Mishti. 

nami2811 thumbnail

So for me, this is part of the problem. It all comes down to the fact that Mishti gets rewarded because she is better at lying than Kuhu is, better at switching the mahaanta act on and off at a moment's notice.  This has actually bothered me from very early on in the show, when Mishti outed Kuhu's feelings for Kunal even when Kuhu begged her not to, promised BP that they would not meet the RV boys and then continued to sneak out to meet Abir. Kuhu got pretty dire consequences while Mishti got off scott free simply because she chose not to tell BP about her own "friendship" with Abir, and framed it as her helping Kunal and Kuhu get their happy ending. Errr... sure. πŸ€”

Kuhu, in her natural state, wears her emotions on her sleeve. The only reason she found it easy to hide the divorce truth was because other than Kunal's indifference (which wasn't even very consistent), she was much happier in RVS than she had ever been in her maika. When she is happy, she spreads that easily to the people around her but when she is unhappy, she can be equally instinctive in spewing whatever bitterness bubbles up. That's why she seemed to blossom in her sasural -- she finally got to be happy which automatically made her better for everyone around her. Remember when she was so happy that Abir and Kunal made up that she hugged Meenu? πŸ˜²πŸ˜†

Kuhu also connects to people via emotion, and she has empathy (almost to a fault) for any emotion that is sincere, even if it's antagonistic. We need look no further than Kunal for this. She never managed to resent him the way she does Mishti because for all his efforts to shut her out, his anger only helped her see the pain that he was in. She got him because she could connect with his raw emotions, and when she did, he listened to her. Similarly with Abir, they first connected because they are both emotion-forward people and she never thought about the break-up in terms of taking sides because she could feel for both Mishti and Abir. 

In that sense, I think Mishti totally stumps and therefore frustrates Kuhu. She doesn't ever let her true emotions show (and it's on the rare occasion she does that Kuhu is totally there for her), and as a result, not only can Kuhu not connect with her, but Kuhu's emotion-forward approach to life gets panned as impulsive and immature because Mishti is so much better at and preoccipied with curating her image. It's when Kuhu tries to compete with Mishti in this method instead of embracing who she is that she becomes the worst version of herself. Unfortunately, it's going to take more than a few months of the RVs to undo the years of experience she has with Mishti's method being the only surefire way to attention and admiration. 

Sam, probably we think different here. Mishti is not a bad person or a liar. The primary intention of hers has always been to get noted as the perfect daughter or bahu. Kuhu doesn't strive to become a perfect example to anyone. She is more carefree and looks how she is. Mishti on the other hand looks really good in front of everyone but she does what she wants when no one is looking - meeting Abir secretly, chasing her dad, making plans with Nannu, etc. But BM and BP have always been supportive of her so she was fine. Now she's all on her own and is stuck with Kuhu who can't stand her. She's now becoming insecure at the thought of not being able to be the perfect bahu coz Kuhu has already established herself as one. Plus, everyone keeps praising Kuhu all the time so its double pressure. So if she thinks Kuhu has done something to sabotage her image in front of the in laws or Abir she wouldn't stay calm. That's where this outburst came from. 

Are we again discussing MishKu πŸ˜†

nami2811 thumbnail

OMG YES! This was such an adorable detail 

This is what gives me hope; he didn't get so carried away in helping his bhai that he assumed Kuhu would be on board. He's trying so hard not to take her for granted

Kunal's brain simultaneously being super-innocent and charging forward in a particular direction at super-speed is everything πŸ˜‰

@bold.. true that! 

Hope that super speed is in the right direction β˜ΊοΈπŸ˜† Kunal not bhai.. go to biwi πŸ˜†

nami2811 thumbnail

I think Kuhu stayed with Kunal despite all those rude remarks coz she didn't want to hurt her family which was already hurt during the Mishti Abir breakup. Plus, as time progressed she probably became so involved with everyone in the house that she thought just 3 more months and then I'll announce. I'm not sure she expected a second chance from Kunal as he was quite clear he didn't want one. But there was 1% hope in her which broke after the hospital scene. 

Samanalyse thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

@Meera: Yup, also what worked so well was that Kuhu in being herself was able to do a lot for the RVs at a very sensitive time. She held morale up when Mehul came back on the scene, made Kunal see sense, and repeatedly foiled Mehul's plans to manipulate him against Meenu. With her new business, she also became the family's major source of excitement and happiness after the Mishbir break-up. As Kunal pointed out, she forged a unique and meaningful bond with each member of the family. Kuhu's fear about Mishti is that she will come in with grand gestures and make all these relationships she has built up little by little look silly and irrelevant, just like Mishti's huge achievements and ambitions made her little accomplishments (like Ikebana) feel small.

@Nami: I don't think we disagree at all. I never said Mishti was a bad person and my problem is not with the outburst AT ALL. I am all for people expressinng their emotions, and that made total sense, The problem is with the concealment/deception. You want to be angry? Be angry. Also, you want to plan the pooja on your own? Plan it on your own. Don't exclude Kuhu/Kunal who offered but then ask Parul masi for help. That contradiction sends a very hostile message (which I think was intentional today). 

Re. Kuhu's feelings for Kunal: I am not talking about why she stayed in the marriage here, but rather why she never fell out of love, despite how hard he tried to push her away (and despite the fact that it made her feel like a fool on multiple occasions). I think it was because his raw emotions were always bared to her in a way that made it impossible for her not to understand/empathise with him. After the hospital incident, she convinced herself that he didn't love her and it wasn't worth hoping anymore, but she never stopped loving him. 

Edited by Samanalyse - 4 years ago
nami2811 thumbnail

@Meera: Yup, also what worked so well was that Kuhu in being herself was able to do a lot for the RVs at a very sensitive time. She held morale up when Mehul came back on the scene, made Kunal see sense, and repeatedly foiled Mehul's plans to manipulate him against Meenu. With her new business, she also became the family's major source of excitement and happiness after the Mishbir break-up. As Kunal pointed out, she forged a unique and meaningful bond with each member of the family. Kuhu's fear about Mishti is that she will come in with grand gestures and make all these relationships she has built up little by little look silly and irrelevant, just like Mishti's huge achievements and ambitions made her little accomplishments (like Ikebana) feel small.

@Nami: I don't think we disagree at all. I never said Mishti was a bad person and my problem is not with the outburst AT ALL. I am all for people expressinng their emotions, and that made total sense, The problem is with the concealment/deception. You want to be angry? Be angry. Also, you want to plan the pooja on your own? Plan it on your own. Don't exclude Kuhu/Kunal who offered but then ask Parul masi for help. That contradiction sends a very hostile message (which I think was intentional today). 

Re. Kuhu's feelings for Kunal: I am not talking about why she stayed in the marriage here, but rather why she never fell out of love, despite how hard he tried to push her away (and despite the fact that it made her feel like a fool on multiple occasions). I think it was because his raw emotions were always bared to her in a way that made it impossible for her not to understand/empathise with him. After the hospital incident, she convinced herself that he didn't love her and it wasn't worth hoping anymore, but she never stopped loving him. 

Ohhhh! Now I understand what your were trying to say. So basically you're saying that Mishti doesn't show her raw emotions to Kuhu and hence the connection is lost. I failed to notice that she declined Kuku's help but asked Maasi to helpπŸ€”

Totally makes sense now! *guruji saashtang pranam*

nami2811 thumbnail

What's the meaning of jalkudi?