Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sakurablossom thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Also those who are watching the new season, how is Geeta Kumari as a person? They made her a mystery woman, is she really interesting?

zehreeli.kheer thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

Babita belonged to a different school of thought.. married at 18 years, no strong maika, a kid and no career.. she could not be expected to walk out or even argue with Khuranas because that's the kind of upbringing she was given.. she did not know any better.. and she genuinely did believe that Ashok's return will make everything fine.. she lived in a very confined world

Thinking of these early episodes actually makes me more mad at the whitewashing of Khuranas and Lovely that writers.. i even have started disliking NB due to this

Edited by zehreeli.kheer - 4 years ago
divyadaya13 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: asmaanixx

Agreed.

Not just with the Khuranas, but everything else as well. She was dealing with a lot of stress from the days leading up to the wedding, and the CD  turned everything topsy turvy and then Lovely's stupid comment just made her flip the table. For 17 whole years she kept taunting and berating her and now she had the audacity to do the same to her and husband, that too ON her wedding day??

I still think Babita went too soft on her. If it was me, I would have said a lot more. Fck the rules and etiquette when you have this btch standing in your way.

main hoti toh lovely ka naam change hoke ugly ho jaata.aur mere bacche ki himmat na hoti mujhe selfish bulane ki chahe main apne bacche se kitna hi pyaar kyun na karoon.  But dadu piss gaye useless khurana auraton ki wajah se. 

naq5 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: NimbuMirchi

I understand what you are saying and that she never once tried. I am with you on the point that Babita should have acted more stronger against Lovely and Khuranas. I am personally against silently keep listening to taunts. 

But I also understand why she couldn’t. Here the power lies with Ashok and Senior Khuranas. Ashok should have been one to demand his rights as husband and Father which he failed to do. To me, Babita was not in a position to even speak calmly. Even if she would have, Lovely would have created ruckus and made Beeji flip. Dadu’s reasoning would fall on deaf ears. Beeji would have complained to Ashok that Babita is being unreasonable with them.

For all these years that Babita spent waiting for Ashok coz in her head she believed he loved her. Delusion yes. But that was her reality. (As accepted by her in front of HS after their honeymoon fight). In her head She and Ashok were fulfilling their duties. He by staying abroad, earning and sending them money, she by serving Khuranas and being good bahu. I for one strongly believe that her speaking and wanting to go with Ashok would have created more problems in her life. Babita was simply powerless in that household. And doesn’t help that she was very weak person coupled with delusions. She only gained confidence and strength with help of Mini. 

i dont think it would have created more problems if she tried saying it calmly and making them understand for minis sake that mini wants to go to her dad and its not fair to her to keep her away from him. Babita as a wife and DIL couldnt ask for it but as minis mother she had a way out. We cant really know untill we ask or talk about anything about how it would have gone. At the most they would have said no and convinced her. secondly if babita would have tried once or twice and her inlaws wouldnt have paid heed to her she would have at least made some peace that she atleast tried. She would have got more points against daadu to lash out on the marriage day and mini would not have been able to tell her that you dint ask for your rights in the first place. And who knows they may have understood her and sent her to Ashok. Beeji is selfish but she would have thought about mini at least. The thing is that Babita wasnt powerless she choose not to try because that aligned with her view of a good DIL & wife. Babita has a one dimensional track mind when she thinks it is the one way to do she will only follow that and not question or think of other ways even if someone asks her to. 

Rashmisingh9151 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

How many Women out their speak for themselves"? don't forget guys  B was shown to be lady of the time"! when women were said not known as vocal about their wish "! much even now many Women even educated one"! out there get harassed but they don't speak"! it wasn't based on how they were raised but how they're in person"! everyone aren't outspoken or Extrovert bold or daring"!

"It's so easy to blame them judge them or think"! why you or they stay Quiet"? why you or they didn't speak up for yourself"? but is that easy'? Of Course not 

"One minute the so called daughter of  house before your MIL blame you"! saying there might be some fault in her"! that brother didn't took her with himself"!

"next minute she herself say don't try to dress up much"! be in Limit there are elders in home"!

"get a Family photo to hang on wall "! but even when the GD speak about it"! then to the old head's doesn't seem to bother about her"!

"the so called daughter of house dare to badmouth B"! upbringing for her daughter Mini the so called MIL say nothing"! why it's need to B job to shush her daughter"! why not the MIL shutting up the so called Daughter of her own"!

And after watching these scenes do we really need to wonder "? why B did't speak up "?

she wasn't selfish, she wasn't stupid , she wasn't trying to be Mahan (Great) , she didn't had any ego she was just shy introvert Lady "! with very sensitive heart which was emotional.

In-fact she was aware of the so called personality of her in law's, they were insensitive do you guys think Mini talk about being with her dad just to her mom"? as much I saw her she wasn't one just to get silent , cause her mom told her to"! she was very much vocal and bold outspoken from start , she would have told her GP as well. or the so called elders were really dumb headed"! not to see her granddaughter desire to even though they claim to do anything for her love her so damn much"! yet they don't see it"! "how many of them said anything to AK when he even come back"! did any of neighbour it was just talk of day"! or two that's it still he had entire home by his side his sis his Bil his parents as well what great action they took against him"?

imagine if same was done by B they won't only kicked her out without delay but even shamed her badly seen the So called Beeji at time of Alimony"! the way she lashed out on her was so mean and low things go as her she is fine or else she can give competition to so called EK series Vamp as well"!

even Dadu wasn't to cool"! either then his stern tone angry look he hardly done anything"! but the way he Isolated himself from Mini"! when she dropped their name how many of you can forget that"?

even seeing how B is dressed any ready to go out with her husband the old lady can't stay back it's brought tears in my eyes to see her go back and cry the MIL FIL know they're wrong yet they did nothing"! they can't be little sensitive to her little comfort and wish you guys think it would be taken wisely if she ask to go"! 

"she wasn't 17 year old lady in 30 year old body, she just never given a chance to act much more"! 

"I seen a bold mother in her , when Meeta try to badmouth M . that time M didn't provoke her or anyone she herself did that"! she solved many of her problem on own as well"!

Edited by Rashmisingh9151 - 4 years ago
Rashmisingh9151 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Asmaanixx you had written so beautifully👏 I really like how you're putting effort to write about all this😳 even though you're more interested yourself to write on HS entry 😆 nevertheless it was awesome 👏

divyadaya13 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

I agree with you rashmi. If half the DIL start speaking up and standing up for their rights than most of the inlaws would have been on the streets today. But most of the time women compromise at inlaws place to maintain peace. It is easy to say should have done this should have done that. Just like all fingers are not same, it is same with humans. I m an outspoken DIL. But my jethani does things even when she dosent want to do it. I cannot force her to be like me. Neither i can be like her.

asmaanixx thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: _Reka_

You see, this is exactly what it takes írl often too to become a mistress (disclaimer: never been one and never plan to but I decline to judge them in general). No vampish behaviour just being there where the wife isn't (physically or emotionally) for whatever reason. It's very sad for both (wife and mistress) in different ways and the guy is often the jolly 3rd party. I also liked how HS wasn't really judging Meeta for getting involved with Ashok once her whole story was out, he had much more compassion for her than society (like the neighbours who wouldn't even go to the reception of the family breaker). It is a taboo thing all over the world that happy marriages often do not last a lifetime and all there is left how we as a society and as individuals deal with this fact.

I agree.

More than the women, I fault the man for creating such a horrible situation. If you're not happy in your marriage for whatever reason, then first address the issue. If that doesn't work out, then opt for divorce. It's going to be ugly no matter what but at least it'll be better than cheating / having an affair.

In regards to HS vs. the society, HS heard Meeta's story, everyone else didn't. If they had, they would have judged Meeta even harder than before.

asmaanixx thumbnail

There used to be something abt photos and arrangements of the same in PB before they had drowned in the love of mediocre photoshopping 😁😅

But yes, this is absolutely cringeworthy. As if Not-so-Lively tried to punish Babita for her own screwed up relations with her own in-laws.

Loll, this family photo was on par with the current quality of photoshopped pics. But at least there was a purpose to them. Now they just seem plastered all over the place as if it to remind the audience of what's missing.

asmaanixx thumbnail

I thought at first they tried to but than changed their minds for drama's sake.

I'm pretty sure this happened, especially when Imarti's track came along.