Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: Marybarton

Coming soon - Epilogue

🥳

Marybarton thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 8

Epilogue 

Mr. Mehra was right, Rishab Bajaj was a great son and father. Prerna smiled to herself as she sipped her tea at the breakfast table. But even old Mehra could not have a guessed what a great husband Rishab was...only she knew that. 

Rishab had adopted her son with as much love as Prerna adopted Kukki and over the years, they had patched together their perfect little family. Now all that was needed to complete their life was a munchkin of their own. Prerna smiled and placed a hand on her tummy. When she looked up, he was heading in their direction. 

Rishab winked at her. 

Prerna blushed, but her enjoyment was short-lived. Something warm and gooey hit Prerna's cheek. 

There was fit of boyish giggles from across the table.

Prerna: Riyaan!!! Shaitan! Marungi mein tumhe! Porridge khane ke liye hota hai!

Masi: Riyaan, behave...

Prerna wiped the porridge off her face.

Rishab picked up Riyaan and sat down with him at the head of the table: Someone has become very naughty lately. Aab kya kiya jaye...saab toh Kukki jaise shaanth nehi honge na? (He pulled Kukki to his lap as well). 

Kukki's speech had improved dramatically over the years, much to her parents' joy and she was almost fluent in expressing herself now. 

Kukki explained: He called Mama a few times. He wanted to get her attention. 

Rishab: That was quite a way to get Mama's attention, beta. Now where did you learn such a perfect spoon slingshot?

Prerna horrified: Mr. Bajaj!

Rishab innocently: What? It was pretty good shot, you have to admit that at least.

Riyaan was all of four years old now and Rishab had successfully spoiled him rotten. In the eyes of the world, he was Rishab's only son and to Prerna's surprise, Rishab also thought so. She was clear with him that Riyaan should not take any part of Kukki's inheritance, but Rishab had set her straight, that's not how adoption worked. No child could be treated differently. Prerna was not quite easy about it, but that was a thought for later in life. 

Rishab was keenly learning the slingshot from Riyaan as Prerna, Kukki, and Masi watched. 

Masi remarked: You have gone and spoiled the child Rishab. 

Rishab: I think he was the makings of an engineer. Look at him at four, he learned that just by repetition from TV. 

Prerna: Aaj se uska TV baandth. 

Riyaan protested in his baby voice: Nooo...

Prerna: Yes! 

Riyaan was about to throw a tantrum: No! NO! NO! 

Rishab: Riyaan, Mama se argue nehi karte...

Rishab was also the only one Riyaan ever listened to, the kid pouted but stopped. Anurag's child or not, he had all of Rishab's mannerisms. 

Prerna: Now, take your own chairs and finish your breakfasts you two. Papa needs to have his too and he's running late. Come on, come on.

Kukki and Riyaan got off to finish their porridge. 

Prerna loved the peaceful silences between them now. Rishab and Prerna did not need to speak most of the time. All they did was make eye contact and that was enough. She served him some breakfast as he poured her some more tea.

Masi left the table with the kids a little later for school. Kukki remembered to hug and kiss Prerna goodbye, but Riyaan was distracted. Prerna pulled him aside and told him to behave in day-care. 

Rishab spoke only after they left: You worry too much. 

Prerna: Masi is right, he's spoiled. 

Rishab: He's just being a curious four-year-old, it's normal. Did he hit you hard? (He brushed his thumb softly over her cheek). Haha, it's still a bit sticky. 

Prerna: Very funny. 

He wrapped his fingers down her cheek, then into her luscious hair and tugged her over. 

Prerna: Mr. Bajaj, koi dekh lega!

Rishab: Yaha koi nehi hai.

Prerna: Phir bhi. What if Chandu comes by?

Rishab kissed her deeply: Then, he will lose his job. 

Prerna: You are not serious!

Rishab: I am seriously into my wife at the moment, but...don't know about her. 

Prerna smiled now: She is into you too. How else do you explain this little bun in the oven?

Rishab smirked: You are blooming. Do you know how beautiful you look this morning, Mrs. Bajaj?

Prerna teased: Even with sticky porridge face? 

Rishab playfully licked her cheek with the tip of his tongue: Especially with sticky porridge face. 

I needed to see Rishab and Prerna's happily ever after today. After what happened in the show, this was just wish fulfillment for me. Hope you all enjoyed it. Do let me know your thoughts.

Edited by Marybarton - 4 years ago
Shivi_forever thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Beautiful epilogue

Will miss this story

Waiting for your next story

oa2019 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

ah what a lovely ending to a great story.

MR21 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

I am very happy after reading the epilogue. This is the happy ending they need. Riyaan is so damn cute, fully spoilt by Bajaj. I loved the dynamics of this family. Prerna loves Kukki as her own daughter, and Rishabh loves Riyaan as his own son, and now they are ready to complete their family in some months. Life is good and I am happy for them. 

This has been a awesome story and a fantastic journey with a perfect ending. 

Edited by MR21 - 4 years ago