Safe-guarding one's dignity.

Hamlet53 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

SPM ~My Musings ~21.9.19  Safe- guarding one’s dignity,

A real man is one who protects a woman’s dignity rather than one who robs her of self-esteem. The episode addresses a commonplace social issue of  women’s freedom of dignity of movement,being thwarted by  some men. The issue of women as free citizens, appears threatened by unwanted wanton male attention, in public places.

Within the episode we also see the relationships between mothers and daughters.We see Kainat morally and psychological overpowering her infirm  mother Zainab,  diminishing  any respect for  Zainab ‘s maternal role, all over Saltanat’s issue. We also see Sneha and Indu ,daggers drawn,yet each others splitting images. Disputing each other’s importance within their roles. Sneha considers herself equal to her mother Indu, who demands a mothers respect from her daughter. Both Zainab and Indu seemingly, fail to safeguard their maternal self -worth over their daughters.

Kashish’s vulnerability on the outset, reduces her poise as a woman  before the  Sharma family ,when Madhav decides to exclude her from Krish’s fancy dress  competition. Krish dressed as a tiger, is bold enough to let his dost didi know that he shall miss her not being there.  Madhav has to force himself, to exclude Kashish from further bonding with Krish. Madhav also has to  make conscious efforts at showing his family that he is not turning soft over her. However, deep down, he regrets leaving her behind on her own in the house. Kashish too, fails to understand how Madhav’s claims to loving her can be true?Taking into account how he coldly leaves her behind, virtually under house arrest. 

But Madhav’s action, puts Kainat /Saltanat in an unexpected  scenario where her dignity comes under threat by some unknown predator in the house, who turns out to be none other than the low life lecherous  Jugal. How bravely Saltanat combats this man cum animal’s molestation, with the same intrepid  inherent spirit  within herself  when it came to standing  up in self- defence of her honour! In true Saltanat style! Where in the past, she would never let the perpetrator go off scot free! after  a wrong doing!

The scene  ties in with a complaint brought to Nadeem’sattention by an anxious father whose daughter is being harassed by some eve teasers.Zaroon gets a platform to present a strong argument which empowers a woman tosafeguard and protect her own dignity rather than look to others to come andrescue her in moments, whenever her self- respect is at stake. Zaroon  supports the anxious father by  supporting his victim daughter.Zaroon givespractical advice of fighting back with immediate, forceful retaliation! to the  offender. Teach him a  lesson publicly!

The highlight of the scene is where Zaroon proudly reminds  all present that it needs to be kept in mind how aggressive and intrepid Saltanat was when it came to standing up for the right thing! How  she fought weak men who believed that women were soft targets upon whom, they can publicly exhibit their fake masculinity by molestation. Rubina smiles dewy eyed at Zaroon’s applaud for Saltanat’s strength of character.

The real Saltanat, too proves Zaroon’s argument, when she undergoes undignified atrocities! at the hands of the savage Jugal. Only till she gathers her wits about her, and fights Jugal’s physical assaults,rather than give into his  evil moves! She turns into a banshee! and makes him feel that he will be the cowardly man! who is been beaten black and blue by a woman whose grace and poise he set out to defile!! Saltanat's memory may be lost, but who she was? still remains within her!

Manly pride bruised! Jugal gets a final slap from his wife Sneha ! I wondered if Kashish walked out of  Sharma house on her own accord? Or did Sneha  show her the door? In any case, a dishevelled Saltanat walks as if in a trance, on to those bazaars, that seem familiar to the soles of her feet... right to inner recesses of her soul. Her palms  press open a gate. The familiar air, somehow welcomes her. flashes of her past, shoot across her mind’s eye. She crosses the threshold  of  the Shah Manzil courtyard.

Nadeem warns Zaroon , Saltanat has begun a new job . He needs to look out for her, lest her job occupation may create a distance between him and Saltanat, Zaroon too leaves Shah Manzil, and takes a  long walk to clear his head. Kashish  feels part of this place, rather than thinking  of herself as  being a stranger.. 22.9.19 hamlet53.

She sees a figure in the distance..Zaroon! will they meet? Will he take her to be Kainat who killed his mother Ghazala?Will he try to keep her captive? Or hand her over to the law? Since he is prone to being a law abiding citizen. The episode once again shows Zaroon  involved in day to day issues around the dargah. Once more he is seen to be a sympathetic listener, and  problem solver of the masses..

Sorry about two. back to back episodes.. enjoy Sunday! Love hammie

Edited by Hamlet53 - 4 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

eshasrk thumbnail

Read both your musings , but could not respond due to some unforeseen issues at home. Also havent watched and I hv decided not to watch this show anymore until Saltanats memory is back. Lets see if I can manage tht.

Madhav is really starting to piss me off big time with this revenge crap taking in consideration Kainaat was a kid at tht time. So whatever he is doing now is way too ridiculous for words.

On top of all, makers also piss me off with this memory loss drama, all these illogical hits and misses btw  SaRoon....no words for this as well. 

Only the makers know where they are heading with this nonsense. Either get SaRoon divorced or let them get united. Either way there is no progress in story. The drama keeps going into circles, with some issues get into limelight here and there and rest nothing useful is happening. And I am sure the coming week also will be full of Kainaat nautanki and nothing much will happen.

At least some truth should be out for the story to move forward. Either Zaroon gets a hint of his so called wife NOT being the one she claims to be, but makers have put Zaroons brains on zero OR Madhav gets to know tht the person he thinks is Kainaat is someone else, but makers seem to be in love with saddu , shouting Madhav OR Saltanat should regain her memory and start her fight against all injustice done to her, but makers seem to be in love with bechari, memoryless Saltanat.....phewww

If they keep going like this with Kainaat being at the forefront all the time, I will not be suprised if the Channel decides to get rid of this show. I personally feel tht at the moment they are trying to cash in all they can from VJs popularity and his hard core fans. Apart from this, they hv nothing to offer.

Edited : will be depending highly on ur musings from now on 😃

Edited by eshasrk - 4 years ago
Hamlet53 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail

originally posted by Esha,

helloo esha, erhhh thinking of you.. hope all is fine with you ? despite that makes me feel good to see your comment..

Read both your musings , but could not respond due to some unforeseen issues at home. Also havent watched and I hv decided not to watch this show anymore until Saltanats memory is back. Lets see if I can manage tht.

esha  I can understand, its discouraging to see that goodness is time and again suffering as  in saltanat, while the wickness flourishes  as in Kainat.. i think most viewers  are waiting impatiently  for Saltanat's memory to return..

Madhav is really starting to piss me off big time with this revenge crap taking in consideration Kainaat was a kid at tht time. So whatever he is doing now is way too ridiculous for words.

good point.. the wicked girl got away with it, and look what the girl has grown into?  a multiple murder.. waiting  for madhav  to come across her truth. 

On top of all, makers also piss me off with this memory loss drama, all these illogical hits and misses btw  SaRoon....no words for this as well. 

it gives more space for Kianat's  evilness to be seen.

Only the makers know where they are heading with this nonsense. Either get SaRoon divorced or let them get united. Either way there is no progress in story. The drama keeps going into circles, with some issues get into limelight here and there and rest nothing useful is happening. And I am sure the coming week also will be full of Kainaat nautanki and nothing much will happen.

for this i suppose saltanat and Zaroon have to meet first.. but the big one to get  over is Saltanat  memory revival.. only then the full scale of damage that Kainat has caused both of them will be seen!   and yes I too want to be spared of   Kainat!

At least some truth should be out for the story to move forward. Either Zaroon gets a hint of his so called wife NOT being the one she claims to be, but makers have put Zaroons brains on zero OR Madhav gets to know tht the person he thinks is Kainaat is someone else, but makers seem to be in love with saddu , shouting Madhav OR Saltanat should regain her memory and start her fight against all injustice done to her, but makers seem to be in love with bechari, memoryless Saltanat.....phewww

i think makers are slyly showing more of evil Kainat,, so viewers can see that getting one's lost memory back may take some time.. only they need to hear out the utter boredom  viewers feel!  Ideally i would like to see Madhav and Saltanat  working as a team to expose Kainat.. and who knows Zaroon too may assist them.. but yes, first let him be sure about the fakeness of Kainat

If they keep going like this with Kainaat being at the forefront all the time, I will not be suprised if the Channel decides to get rid of this show. I personally feel tht at the moment they are trying to cash in all they can from VJs popularity and his hard core fans. Apart from this, they hv nothing to offer.

you may be right .. only Vj 's input is also being checked to accmodate  more the  negative element in the show , to create more conflict.. which is become tiresome now..

Edited : will be depending highly on ur musings from now o

I can understand  your angst  esha.. but  lets hold hope for a befitting finale at least.. yes please, do check my musings, like always hammie would love yo hear from you regards the musings.. love hammie