Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Noor1234 thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

I love this whole conversation between them until arnav take that sheetal's name......ok from that piece i have doubt is by chance khushi is related to sheetal's family or is her mother is related to that family?????? Hey plz send me PM next time.....thnks for such amazing update.....

Ameyadiaz thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

I loved it, more than love actually, no words, I really liked ur imagination, never read anything similar to this garden and the pets, too good. More than that it all was apt, the stars and conversation abt their mother, perfect. And I liked khushi reminding rajeesh of probably his daughter who was mentioned earlier, u are weaving this story very intricately yet related. No loopholes. I don't have the patience now, hope arnav understands thAt khushi is leaving since she is reminded of arnav and sheethal's relationship, how it's not proper for her to be there.

Rosalinesak thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Short n cute update. 

Arnav's secret garden took Khushi's mind from other issues. Turtle pair was as cute as Arshi. They were having such nice convo and Arnav had spoil it by bringing Sheetal into it. I was enjoying the update and suddenly it came to an end,so sad.

Have a gut feeling that Khushi's mom is related to Sheetal's family.

Please give a long update next time. 

luvbug thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

finally caught up to the story... lovely update... im glad that had a normal moment and conversation with each other... oh and i loved arnav's garden... so beautiful i could picture it...awww and 2 turtles just perfect for the little lotus pond :)

oh no...sheetal showed her head again... 

who does khushi resemble? 

eagerly waiting for the next update!

abavi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 6

From the author's desk: Hello peeps! Here I am with another update, oh so soon that I couldn't believe it myself! but then, A few of you have requested for PM... But I have stopped giving PMs and I am not able to manage doing it all the time, I try updating the story atleast once in two weeks, If it is not too much of a trouble, please check this thread for updates... thanks for your ever wonderful comments đŸ¤—I cannot thank you people enough! I saw some new readers too  felt so happy!

And, did you think that I would let Sheetal's name spoil the magical moment? 

You can thank me later ;) happy reading!

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 14: new Beginnings

Part 2: Into the night

“Are you jealous Khushi?”

Khushi stopped momentarily, flustered and angry. The audacity of this man! 

“Are you leaving because I mentioned Sheetal?”

She turned back and looked at him. There he was standing coolly leaning by the parapet wall, crossing his hands and smirking at her, as if he knew very well that his comment will irk her and she will react to it, and she did! Exactly the way he had expected her to. Mentally kicking herself, she turned on her damage control mode. 

“No, why does your highness think so?” she fumed, but a voice inside her asked her if she was just miffed because he caught her at it. 

â€œI just asked” he shrugged at her question, still smirking. 

“No, I am feeling sleepy because its well past my bedtime” 

“oh, Ok then Good night”

“Good night” 

She started walking back into room for a quick exit, sliding open the glass door when her eyes fell on something that was kept on his study table inside. 

She then turned towards him and asked him the weirdest question that he would have ever encountered. 

“I have a doubt. Are you a robot?”

“What?” he asked wondering if she was referring to his insensitivity about his teasing her earlier about being jealous. 

“I mean, do you run on batteries?” 

“Excuse me?” he said. This was not on those lines of emotional atyachar. 

Khushi walked towards the table and opened the closed plate revealing his untouched dinner

“Because you don’t seem to need food to survive” 

“oh” Arnav rolled his eyes 

“Did you leave this to feed the birds that visit your garden”

“No, I was going to take it after my workout”

“You finished your workout 1 hour back”

“I wanted to shower before dinner, then you came and we were talking…I didn’t get a chance, I will eat it”

â€œwhen? In a few hours- it will be time for tomorrow’s breakfast”

“I will take it…don’t worry”

Khushi shook her head in exasperation

“You weren’t there for breakfast today”

“I had a meeting with a US counterpart”

“You missed your workout as well as breakfast. But you somehow find time to you complete your workout by night”

“Khushi…”

“Akaash was telling us that you didn’t have your lunch as well today”

“That moron didn’t know that I had some snacks by tea time”

“So Payal sent your dinner up as you didn’t show up for dinner as well”

“I was occupied… I was going to…”

“you know what? It really hurts to see that with all the effort someone puts into cooking and people don’t even care to touch it”

“Khushi calm down please”

“And here it lies, gone so cold that not even the birds that come here will touch it”

“give it here, I will heat it and eat it right away” 

“you wanted to shower before that?”

“Yeah, but that’s alright”

“Let’s do one thing- you go take shower, I will help you heat this”

“Khushi, you don’t have to do this, I was just going to go down before you came in”

“Don’t worry, I won’t steal from your plate, didn’t I tell you? Not even a bird will touch it- it’s gone stone cold”

Arnav chuckled 

“I will be back before you are out of the shower” she said walking towards the door. Arnav stood there smiling to himself, shaking his head walked into his room

When Arnav walked back into the garden, a strange sight greeted him. Khushi was standing on top of an wooden stool next to the white rose bush that his mom had planted holding her mobile on top of her head and standing on tip toe. 

“Khushi?”

The suddenness of his voice startled her, she lost her balance and toppled the stool and fell right into his arms.  Arnav caught her on time, but her phone slipped from her hand and fell down. The momentary proximity induced by the accident muddled her senses with waft of his cologne and smell fresh from the shower and time seemed to pause. 

“Khushi are you alright?” he asked her shaking her a bit, because she stood there in trance even after he put her down minutes before “Did you twist your ankle or something?”

“I... I am fine… my phone”

“Here it is” he said picking it up and putting it in order and switching it on 

“I was trying to capture … there is a nest…up there… with sparrows and eggs… I thought”

“You will get a better view from the terrace” he said nodding at her.

After a few seconds of awkward pause, Khushi gestured towards the glass table. 

“Your food”

There on the glass table was his plate of food and a bottle of water. 

“Ah... thanks” He walked towards the table, sat down and uncovered the plate. “Why don’t you join me?” he asked. 

“No, I am not going to help you finish your food” came a quirky reply. 

He chuckled. 

“Fine then, I will leave, it’s getting late, good night”

“Are you feeling sleepy?” he asked her

“Not really, maybe I will do some reading and then go to sleep” 

“You can do that here also” he said “at least give me company until I finish my food”

She stood there staring at him

“Someone I know used to say it is really sad to eat alone” he told her, earning a smile in return

“Talk about using my own dialogues against me”

“Some of your genius has to rub off on me”

“look who is talking” 

He smiled at her and she smiled back as she walked towards the swing and sat on it. It creaked a little but felt comfortable. She found a book under the cushions 

“Ravan” she read out the title of the book “You read Amish Tripathi too?”

He nodded 

“Give this to me after you complete it”

“I am done reading. You can take it” he said between his bites. 

“You finished it?” She was surprised “I mean, it was out a few days ago… how many days did you take to finish it?”

“2 days- I picked it up from the hospital bookshop when we had gone to see Sameer’s kid.”

“You are a fast reader- do you know that?”

“I have heard people say it”

“Do you even sleep?”

“of course I do”

“How do you manage to find time for everything?”

“Khushi, it isn’t a big deal… It’s just that I didn’t find anything interesting to watch on the television for the last two nights and just utilized it to read- and also, I skim a lot – it’s a technique that I picked up in a reading class that I used to go as a kid”

“It’s not only about that you know… I seriously wonder how you do it… you seem to handle everything that comes your way… you have the same 24 hours – but then you make sure that you manage to do everything that you want to do… You take care of the family business, and then mentor your brother – on top of it, you find time to get involved in your father’s case with a depth that is astounding – as if these are not enough- you make sure that you spend enough time for your family- you spend time with them- you take care of their needs, you don’t miss your workouts – and you don’t even miss out on your gardening or reading books”

“Khushi, did you get hit on the head or something when you fell?” 

“what! That was a genuine compliment” she said in a mock hurt tone. 

“you know what, I am starting to wonder what happened to my worst critique- she has suddenly started to give me good ratings”

“When you get a good rating from your worst critique you know you excelled at it”

“I am still waiting for the but part and the sarcasm that peppers it”

“The food- your score is trolling D grade”

He chuckled. 

“I am eating” 

“um-hmm. I am yet to see a poor eater like you. Were you like this in your childhood too?”

He shrugged. 

After a few moments of silence which comprised of Arnav eating his food, “Have I mentioned that this place is so beautiful” she asked him, folding her legs under her and skimming through the pages of the book in hand. 

“Upteen times”

“I can easily imagine spending my entire day here with a book in hand…perhaps, rains… cuppa coffee… add to it a beautiful sun set and some classic romance like Pride and Prejudice.”

He coughed into his plate that she got up to open the bottle of water and hand it to him. 

After he steadied, the first thing he asked was “Is that your idea of a romantic evening? Reading a Jane Austen book?”

“What’s wrong with that?”

He shrugged. 

“Nothing”

“What is your’s?” she asked

He didn’t answer her. But his smirk said it all 

“Do you have any?” she prompted.

“I am not going to answer that”

“Why? is it that pathetic that you don’t want to share?”

“No, I don’t think you will understand”

She went back to the swing and sat there glaring at him and he couldn’t stop smirking. 

“I am done” he said after a few minutes of silence. 

She got up. 

“finally, I will go now”

“wait”

“what now?”

“I just finished my dinner… I can’t go to bed directly; I have to stay up for at least an hour”

“So? That’s not my problem”

“you made me eat so much! You are responsible if I get an upset stomach”

“I didn’t force feed you”

“Of course you did! You were sitting there glaring at me” he said 

“So what do you want me to do now?”

“help me spend the time”

“watch TV…or tend to your plants or sing a lullaby to Tony and Tina. I am leaving”

“Sit and talk with me” 

“What?” she gasped “why should I? as if I will understand your frequency… remember I won’t understand?” she said double quoting with her two hands

“Are you cross with me because I told you I won’t talk about my idea of romantic evening with you?” he asked smirking

Khushi stood there glaring at him again

“Why would I be bothered? Am I your girlfriend?”

“fine then” he said getting up, licking his fingers “by the way, thanks for the delicious food”

“I only heated it up. HP prepared it, I will pass on the compliments”

Arnav grabbed the bottle of water to wash his hands. 

“I know HP made the rotis and the dal tadka… but the bhindi masala was yours” he said walking towards the plants. “and the baingan bharta as well- It was perfectly smoky. HP usually either over burns it or leaves it a little raw.”

Thankfully for Khushi he was turning his back, washing his hands. Because, she was looking at him with an open mouthed expression. 

He turned to look at her raising his eyebrows, as if he was daring her to refute his claim. 

“Are you giving me a return compliment because I gave you one before?” she asked 

He chuckled.

“When have I not complimented you on your cooking skills?”

“almost every single time barring last week, you commented on my halwa.”

“I might have not mentioned it, but with my record with eating skills, finishing a dish itself is a great compliment”

Needless to say, her eyes quickly flicked through his plate and the bowls with baingan and Bhindi were wiped clean on his plate, while the dal was left out. 

“May be today you finished it with great difficulty because I was watching… But I have known of times when you even refused to taste what I prepared.”

“which one? The green drink you made? With mint and gulkhand?”

She nodded “Try giving me a reason for that now”

“Did you realize when you poured it out in the glasses that it was lesser in quantity than when you put it in the fridge?”

“yeah, but I was…” she stopped speaking realizing something “Did you drink it?”

“guilty as charged” he said settling himself into the recliner. “Was browsing through the fridge earlier in the day, saw this- I might have finished almost two full glasses- it was irresistible”

Khushi’s heart skipped a beat at this revelation and then went into a frenzy. 

“thanks” she said in a small tone. 

“But seriously Khushi, with skills like that, I am surprised that you are not an entrepreneur already”

“Such things are not only driven by interests and passions- there are so many other factors… priorities…”

“true that”

She looked at him, he was looking up at the ceiling. 

“Why? Is there some passion of yours that you haven’t pursued?”

“everyone has”

“What is yours?”

“Fashion designing”

“Oh yeah, I have heard Anjali and Payal mentioning about your dream job”

“It’s flattering to know that you girls discuss me in your talks”

“aren’t you obsessed with yourself?” she teased

He laughed. 

“but why haven’t you pursued it?”

“why haven’t you pursued yours?”

“Mine is because of an obvious reason, I don’t have enough money- but you have everything”

“I can sponsor you if want to start something”

“I was asking about you”

“you gave the answer yourself Khushi” he said turning to look at her “priorities – the family needs me to concentrate on the family business now”

“But, when you can find time for everything else, why is this alone taking a back seat? If it is your passion, then doing it even in bits can help with your stress levels… it will be a great stress buster and when Akash is ready to handle it on his own- then you don’t have to start it from scratch right… the start-up would be already functional for you to take it to the next level”

“that’s the problem”

“which?”

â€œthat I was intending to start it in UK and now my presence is needed here”

“why UK? Why not India”

“too many competitions”

“Who are you and what have you done with Arnav Singh Raizada?”

He laughed

“Don’t tell me that you are scared of competition, you are only joking right?”

He stood up facing the road. She went and stood with him. 

“Are you seriously worried about competition?”

“No, but I am human too, I know myself too well, I have my own inhibitions”

“Like?”

“Competition is something that fuels me, I put in all the effort to make sure I top it. But when it combines with my passion, I am scared that I might get too involved in it and start ignoring the ones that needs my attention”

“was that why you gave it up in the first place?”

“I am not giving up, perhaps delaying it”

“you should trust yourself a little more”

He simply looked at her

“I mean it” she told him “because apart from passion and competition there is another arm to it- its called talent- and you are so abundantly blessed with it”

“You speak as if you know my work”

“guilty as charged” 

“Khushi, now don’t start speaking as if…”

“I browsed through a notebook in the study the other day which was full of drawings… When I inquired Anjali and Payal about it, that was when they told me it was yours. Trust me, it was amazing- so innovative, so creative- I was so surprised that a man can bring in so much depth into designing dresses.I mean, who would have thought that a blouse could be so fashionable and modern and yet fit into the traditional outfit? And given that it was just lying there in the table, It was perhaps some of your rough works and if that was so good, I cannot wait to see what you can bring to this world”

He smiled at her. 

“So you will start it?”

“Let me see”

“hmmph! My ten minutes of valuable advise has gone waste” she huffed and he smiled again. 

“and what else have you been speaking about me?”

“Why would I tell you all that?”

“So you agree that I have been your topic of discussion”

“might have been, When I am stressed out, I need to crib about someone, so I might have picked you up”

He laughed. 

They settled down at the swing together. 

“jokes apart, I heard from Anjali that you haven’t been speaking to dadiji”

“Khushi let’s not speak about that” Arnav said adamantly. 

Khushi kept quiet, she didn’t want to press him if he was not interested. Silence fell over the two, they sat there quietly. Khushi looked the other way, not wanting to show him that she was disappointed that he refused to open up to her on this. Had he not told her about his mother? Had he not told her about his secret ambitions? She has tried her best to be there for him today, as a friend, as much as he was there for her. Yet he refused to speak to her about that one thing which she so wanted to speak about. That which was eating her insides, day in and day out, making her feel guilty about developing feelings for a man who might be interested in another. Today, she had hoped, she would know what she should do- but no, he wasn’t ready yet, he had drawn his lines clearly, he had decided that certain things were personal and he wouldn’t let anyone in- so be it, she decided. 

She was about to tell him that she should go, this time for real- nothing was going to keep her here anymore but, before she could open her mouth, She felt his hands on hers. He had slid his palm with hers and intertwined his fingers into hers. 

Shocked and surprised, she looked up at him, he was looking at the plants. A few seconds later, he turned to face her. 

“Make me speak Khushi” he told her in a tender voice “ask me what you want to know” 

To be continued… 

I gave you rabbaveys... and a tender moment  as well! Now, be good, stop throwing tantrums for stopping here 😈😛and give me comments please. Nice long ones! cheers, until next update!

Vi

Edited by abavi - 4 years ago
tinkertoesreads thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Oh no! How could you stop there?? My heart is 'Rabba Ve'-ing, and the episode ends :( A wonderful update, and that too so soon. But yeh dil mange more- that's how greedy I am for this story.

I'm glad you got that mention of Sheetal out of the way, and had Arnav and Khushi enjoy such a lovely evening together. We have a fall and catch leaving Khushi a little lost and muddled, and we have conversations, snarky, appreciative and insightful. They actually talk, about hopes and dreams and ambitions. They shore up each others strength, give that extra push to go after their dreams. They reveal a little more about themselves - Arnav's appreciation for Khushi's food, Khushi's admiration for Arnav's person as a whole. 

Khushi is well aware that she has some strong feelings for Arnav, but won't act on them because that's not the person she is - not while he's engaged or in a relationship with another woman. She realizes that there's something from Arnav's end as well, but again, she doesn't know what's going on in his head, and wishes he would share...

The end, ah the end. My heart was thudding right along with Khushi's as he held her hand. Please, please, please don't make us wait two weeks for an update!

p.s: Oh, and thank you for an absolutely fabulous, Arhilicious update🤗

Edited by just4coll - 4 years ago
shils28 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Eeeeeiiiii!! Ye kya kiya?? You stopped here 😢😢

Lovely update, full of our favorites!! ❤️❤️

nisha_mehta thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Wow... awesome update.

Loved their conversation and eagerly waiting to for the next part. Hope that khushi will get all her doubts cleared this time 

Abaszayer thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: shils28

Eeeeeiiiii!! Ye kya kiya?? You stopped here 😢😢

Lovely update, full of our favorites!! ❤️❤️

Oh dear you are awosome … treat to read just Arshi …  they are opening to each other and getting close without knowing that they have fallen for each other head over heels … last paragraph is too good hope next update will have rabba ve moments 

penny25 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Hayeee, itna pyaar and khumar. I just fell in love with the garden and their story.