Who is your favourite film director?
In my opinion, Bhansali and Hirani are overrated.
Who is your favourite film director?
In my opinion, Bhansali and Hirani are overrated.
Bigg Boss 20: Daily Discussion Thread- 27th Sept 2026 WKV
🐅 THE TIGER ASIF AT —***~~ Now Entering Legendary Territory***
Celebs at "15Yearsof Mijwan" - by Manish Malhotra - Alia & Vicky
Very partial
Mahabharat Challenge: The Mahayuddh (Live Slot 6: 11-12 AM IST Sat)
🏏West Indies tour of India 2026: 1st ODI - on 27/09/26 @2:00 PM IST🏏
Dar-e-Nijaat show Discussion
Happy Birthday Ranbir Kapoor 🎊
For Bluffmaster IF slots
🏏India vs Afghanistan, 2nd Quarter-Final, Asian Games 2026🏏
Sriram Raghavan and Shakun Batra right now. Bhansali is only good for the visual conceptualization. He is a horrible director.
mani ratnam ( expect his pro communist movies)
rakesh om prakash mehra
zoya akhtar
SLB (except black and guzarish)
Gulzar
Guru Dutt
Karan Johar (for Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham)
Basu Chatterjee (I love Rajnigandha)
Ram Gopal Verma
Kamal Amrohi (got to include his name for Pakeezah)
Sriram Raghavan
Anurag Kashyap
Bimal Roy
Vishal Bhardwaj
I'm yet to see all of their films, but loved whatever I have seen of their work, barring a couple here and there.. :)
Ayan Mukherjee. Apart from his personal life, he is a great director.
Ashutosh Gowarikar
Imtiaz Ali (for JWM and Rockstar)
Rajkumar Hirani, Zoya and Farhan Akhter etc. are also good for specific works.
Originally posted by: sherlockthor
mani ratnam ( expect his pro communist movies)
rakesh om prakash mehra
zoya akhtar
SLB (except black and guzarish)
Which of his movies are pro communist?
Bimal Roy
K Asif for Mughal e Azam
Mehboob
Guru Dutt
B. R. Chopra
Gulzaar
Hrishikesh Mukherjee
Chetan & Vijay Anand
Raj Kapoor
Kamal Amrohi
Manmohan Desai
Yash Chopra
Since my dad is a huge fan of 50s & 60s movies, I end up watching those multiple times. I will always be biased towards B&W movies. I can't sing enough praises for the music & lyrics from that time period.. Heavenly!!
Shimit Anand, Zoya, Kabir Khan, sriram and imtiaz
Manmohan Desai
Yash Chopra
Since my dad is a huge fan of 50s & 60s movies, I end up watching those multiple times. I will always be biased towards B&W movies. I can't sing enough praises for the music & lyrics from that time period.. Heavenly!!
Legendary filmmakers and two of my top three favourites. Some of my most favourite films have been directed by them.
Black and white films were simple and honest. I miss that beauty on screen. Wish we could have it back.
First and foremost :Satyajit Ray, Ritwik Ghatak, Mrinal Sen,Rituparno Ghosh( notably earlier movies)
Then Manmohan Desai, Hrishikesh Mukherjee,Mani Ratnam,Wong Kar Wai,Stanley Kubrick, Richard Linklater,Christopher Nolan,Greta Gerwig,Claire Denis,Ava DuVernay,Vikramaditya Motwane,Terrence Mallik and last but not the least Francis Ford Coppola.
2009 was a golden year for Bollywood music—arguably one of the last eras where albums (not just singles) truly mattered. A mix of soulful...
Pls post your favourite song of Asha Ji. Asha Bhosle was the sister of playback singer Lata Mangeshkar and belonged to the prominent Mangeshkar...
7