Trials Of Fire!! IPKKND3 The Untold Saga of Adni_Chapter 19 to 50 - Page 14

Posted: 5 years ago
Hi Neha.  Happy holi to u dear.. may this festival bring colours of joy, happiness, success & good health for u & your family.. sry for being missing from past month.. i have read updates in hurry as there was a wedding in my sasural.. i got a devrani. but that means no time for reading or writingfinally wedding is over & i m going bk tomorrow to mumbai.. will b regular after reaching home.. cheers

Trials Of Fire Adni Untold Saga Chapter 45

IPK3 Season 1 Episode 115

A heavy stark silence hovered in the car as Advay and Chandu were returning home. Advay gazed at Chandni.....She stared out from the window looking into nothing, her eyes shimmering with unshed tears resolutely held within her lashes... The gloomy despair on her face gave Advay an eerie anguish. 

He had known his life risk even before the doc said it. If it mattered to him, then it was only because time had not been enough with Chandni. There was so much he wanted to do, so much he desired to live with her........And further, this total inability of Chandu to come to terms with it, made the whole thing simply unbearable.   

For a moment, he contemplated about distracting her with his mission topic...but discarded the thought; as it was a controversial topic and could put her in another rational altogether. His eyes on driving, yet his entire attention on her; he crooned a poignant rendition of his favourite kishor kumar song

Haan... Badal ,Bijli ,Chandan ,Pani Jaisa Apna Pyar
Lena Hoga Janam Humein Kayi Kayi Baar
Haan... Itna Madir Itna Madhur Tera Mera Pyar
Lena Hoga Janam Hameh Kayi Kayi Baar

(The way Lightning cannot exist without the clouds, the way Sandalwood mixes completely with water becoming homogeneous, our love is the same. And for this love, we will need to take birth again and again multiple times.

It's so inebriating, at the same time so pleasing honey sweet,our love, that we are bound to be born again and again to relive it and fulfil it.)

The beauty of the verse did touch Chandni; but the urge in his voice went further and touched her soul. She knew that nothing ever got past Advay Singh Raizada! And her beloved Dev, there was very little he would miss! 

The memory of Pooja Di's advice flashed in her mind. 

"Tale as old as time, song as old as rhyme." 

She had to cherish it! And then again, doctors had strictly warned that lots depended on her now. He had said it before and he was repeating it again that theirs was a stuff of legends and she had to make it so, for Him! 

Frantically dabbing at the incipient tears, she smiled and the smile touched Advay. Slowly, she reached out for his hand on gears and took it near her lips. She pressed her lips on his hand... a slow open-mouthed lingering kiss...her touch reached Advay's soul... He couldn't break that kiss ever! Single handed, he swerved the car to left and halted.

Their own love realm in the space of the car, separating them from the whole world!

In Allahabad Haveli, the air danced in merriment. Mamaji had invited Ammi Abbu of Miku and PP for a small party in celebration of Miku's success. Everybody was rejoicing, there was mirth in air as PP put on music and danced with Meghna.

Ammi Abbu were delighted having witnessed the unbelievable transformation in the Prankster Miku to hugely responsible and respected Mahant Veer.

Maamaji was happy that Advay Chandni were already happy and giving his approval, Advay had taken away a huge weight from Mamaji's chest about Meghna. Soon Meghna and Shikha both would be married. His prayer had been answered by the almighty. Once all three girls settled, he would go for ChaarDhaam yatra.

PP was happy because Meghna's earlier stance to not meet him had distressed him hugely. He was ready to fight with Advay, even go against him for his love but he could not fight Meghna herself. Somehow, his visit to Mumbai had yielded some result.

Meghna was hugely happy. From the moment she had known about her baby, her mind had been thinking of ways and means to unite with her own child. Life had shown her little hope with PP; but last week had been terrible with Advay jijaji going against them. She had had full faith in Jijaji and had stood by his side. Her preference would always be her baby. And she had known Jijaji would reunite her with the baby one way or the other; so she had stayed on Jijaji's side even though she dearly loved PP.

PP sang and danced.

Khwaab hai tu.. Neend hoon main..
Donon milein raat bane..
Roz yahi maangoon duaa..
Teri meri baat bane.. Baat bane..

You're the dream, I am the sleep,
When the two meet, it becomes a (complete)night..
Everyday I ask for this wish,
that we be together.

Main rang sharbaton ka..
Tu meethe ghaat ka paani..
Mujhe khud mein ghol de to..
Mere yaar baat ban jaani..

I am the color of sherbets,
and you're the sweet water of river-bank..
If you mix me in yourself,
My beloved, it will be a great story..

Meghna Joined him!

O yaara tujhe pyaar ki batiyaan kya samjhaavaan..
Jaagti ratiyaan roz bitaavaan..
Is se aage ab main kya kahoon..

O yaara tujhe dolti ankhiyaan sadke jaavaan.. 
Maang le pakiyaan aaj duvaavaan..
Is se aage ab main kya kahoon..

O dear, what do I tell you the things of love,
I pass every night up awake,
what more do I tell you..
O dear, my eyes look for you,
I sacrifice myself upon you,
Today I make true wishes (to get you)..
what more do I tell you..

Maine to dheere se, neendon ke dhaage se..
Baandha hai khwaab ko tere..
Main na jahaan chahoon, na aasmaan chaahoon, 
aaja hisse mein tu mere..

I have slowly, with the thread of sleeps,
tied your dream (so that I dream of you always)
I don't want the world, nor the skies,
I just want you to be mine..

Tu dhang chahaton ka..
Main jaise koi naadaani..
Mujhe khud se jod de to
Mere yaar baat ban jani..

You're the way of love,
I am some immaturity..
If you attach me to yourself,
my beloved, it'll be great..

Ammi, Abbu and Mamaji stood clapping and joining with the dancing pair.

Miku stood a little away from the merry crowd, a happy smile lighting his face. He had been confident about his charming unpretentious ways which made people warm to him. His speech had been a huge success. His name was now admired by his contemporaries and respected by the young. He was undoubtedly the most famous inhabitant in Allahabad now with his Bhai's and people's backing. 

More than his own success and people's admiration, what made him most happy was his Bhai's admiration. Somehow, his Bhai praising him on the phone, had straight touched his heart and made it happy. And then further, Bhai had shown the confidence in him to make him the foremost warrior in their battle. He would soon fulfil his legacy as the cadet of that family which had name and fame in Allahabad through their deeds. He could support Bhai in avenging his parent's death.

Bhai had also mentioned about Shikha. He had to call her up as soon as this party ended. She would be free by then from her classes.

As Advay parked the car at Raizada mansion and both stepped out, Advay commented to Chandni, 

"I have said this before also.........Start learning to trust me, Chandu!"

"Oh, but I do, Dev! I do trust you!"

"Then, not a single word of anything that doctor said to the family!"

"But why Dev?" Chandni protested in angry defiance, "I was OK earlier about not telling...it was only the matter of your having donated the kidney... but now why not share this with them? Now it's about your health!"

"Because I say it! Not a word!"

Chandni was agitated. Dev was making her lonely in the battle against his ill health. She could have taken support from family...to keep him stress free, and also to ensure his routine hospital visit. After all, what was family for if not to support in such condition?...And if she faltered and something happened to Dev then???

Pooja had been waiting for the duo as they entered in.

"What happened? What did the doctor say?" Worry was written all over her face.

Advay put his arms around Pooja, "Doctor said, please don't waste my time from now on! Everything is perfect!"

Chandni gave him an angry glare.This was the only matter in which he lied to his family. Shaking her head in disapproval, she proceeded to kitchen. Pooja followed her.

"Bhabhi..." She turned Chandni around and held her chin up with her hand, "When you are there, I am sure nothing can happen to Bhaiyya! You are his lucky charm, his protective cover." 

Chandni smiled. She suddenly remembered Mata Shakti coming to take abode in Shiva's Kanth (throat) to restrict the Halahal (poison) from proceeding further. Shakti was Shiva's protector. She would become her Dev's protector, give up her life if needed.

"Bhabhi, the odd-jobs guys had come in. They repaired your wall.What happened to that wall?"

Advay had been watching the duo. He tensed suddenly fearing that Chandni would not be able to manage the question.

Chandni put up her innocent face."Voh Kya hai Na, Di! How we check whether the bulb is working or not by switching it on...I wanted to check whether the hammer works or not, so banged it on the wall."

Pooja laughed aloud throwing her head back, "You are incorrigible, truly!" 

She shook her head in mock disapproval as she remembered all previous Bhabhi's witty retorts.

Advay stared at his sister and his wife and smiled. The two had become such good friends.He thought of what Naani had told him about Pooja. The girl kept everybody happy; but who would make her heart happy?

A question he did not know the answer to! And time was going to be short!

Then he saw Maasi looking at him sharply through the kitchen window. Of course, it was reporting time! He would tell her about Miku's success today.

Chandni was extra-ordinary chirpy on dining table at dinner time. Everybody chatted happily, the news of Miku's success being the main topic of discussion. Advay was happy that Chandni had not let anyone know anything and also Shikha having learnt her lesson and joined on dinner table. Life was good!

Shikha excused herself happily as she received call from Miku.

"Hi!"

"Hi meri jaane tamanna! Where are you, girl?" Miku was so happy to hear her voice. His chirpy mood always returned  with her. (Oh My heart's desire!)

Shikha felt good at heart with his endearment, "I am right here! Where are you?"

"No call from you, my girl? I was hoping for call to wish me luck."

"My wishes are always with you. Now that work is over, why don't you come back. Things are not good without you." The earlier discussion with Jiju was lying heavy on her heart.

"Sorry girl! I can't, will have to wait here for few more days."

"But why?" Shikha's voice rose in angry protestation.

Miku could not disclose the responsibility Bhai had bestowed upon him. He chirped jovially, "Just like that, my friends are here. Just wanna spend time with them."

"You care about your friends and not care about me? Go, stay there! Don't talk to me!" 

Shikha hung the call and switched it off. She had boiled up. Not that Jiju had said anything, but somehow she was more comfortable with Veer around. She was not answerable to anybody then.

Miku was left dumbfounded as her violent reaction to his simple statement broke up an entire convo, he was so happily looking forward to!

As she returned back, Advay noticed the change in her mood but he chose to not say anything. He realized Chandni was acting extra happy to hide her anxiety from all; somehow he was not comfortable with her affected smile. He excused himself from the table.

Chandni showed Pooja that he was leaving, "Look Di, now he'll go and start his conference calls again. Never has time for family."

Pooja looked at him, "Once we go to Europe; just tie him to your pallu and then don't let him go anywhere." Everybody laughed.

"I heard that!" Advay exclaimed as he went out of sight.

"Chandni, tell me the truth, what did the doctor say?" Naani had sensed her extra chirpiness.

Chandni's smile crumpled suddenly,she got up to serve Maasi food avoiding Naani's gaze, "not much Naani. He has high blood pressure."

"That is natural, didi! He's always boiling angry, I wonder at times, how can his body sustain his pressure." Murli chipped in taking the bowl from Chandni, "you sit and eat, Didi. I'll serve."

"If it's only blood pressure, why are you so tensed? High Blood pressure is not so serious a matter." Naani persisted.

"OH Naani, where am I tensed? I am chatting happily. Looks like you have started seeing things which are not there." Chandni laughed happily.

"Maybe! I hope so. Time for my Jaap(chanting)" Naani left the table and Murli immediately went with her. 

Chandni felt hugely guilty for lying to Naani; but she was bound by Dev's word, she was helpless. Naani wanted to pray to let her fears be baseless.

It was after midnight, when Advay paced in his study, a restless prowling energy radiating from him ... He was in a hugely tense angry mood. He had the inexplicable sensation that time was running out quickly. There were so many mysteries surrounding his parent's murder, the man with the axe, one with the golden tooth, and one with the key chain... were all the signs of one single man or would he be required to trace three different people and discover their identity.

Another night of inquiries, that would yield few results, would conclude soon. Granted, one culprit was ensnared and soon become his prey, but it was a battle and things could go wrong  anytime. What if, trap did not yield result before he and Miku left for Europe? He would need an alternate plan in place then. Maybe returning back from honeymoon! He would hate it, but he would be required to do it!

What if, the plan failed totally somehow? Advay's lips thinned in an angry slit... 

'I will not let you go free, Gangaram! You'll face a worse destiny than my parents!...'

but alternate plans?... Not at the moment! Advay squelched his own serious misgivings! His meticulous ploy covered all risks and Miku would emerge winner soon. When it came to carrying out his labyrinthine schemes, he rarely reposed such complete confidence in anyone. But Miku was his own mirror image!

Chandni came searching for him and stood near the study door watching him. His gaze emanated sparks of anger like a fountain; yet the gaze seemed like coming from some concealed lair deep inside...the volcano he held within him; his eternal exertion in the journey of his half dark Advay to become his bright self... The cheerful, happy Dev.  He was like a fish pulled out of water and wanting to go back, wanting desperately to have his inner peace back again.

For a moment, she contemplated on the thought of reaching out and hugging him, soothing his anger; but then thought against it. He was like a red hot burning coal; anybody reaching to him would burn immediately. She looked into his eyes, there were no tears...they were dry but they burned!

He moved about the room with the restless energy of a caged lion. She risked to approach him and turned him around to face her. She almost stopped breathing in the vicinity of the savage anger that blazed in his eyes.

"Why are you here?" he growled at her.

She smiled, the question was quite insightful! But she chose to not respond,instead she adopted the policy of attack is the best defence. In her Swag Chandu avatar, she sweetly smiled at him asking her rueful questions.

"Are you born an Owl who turns into human in the morning?"

Before Advay could say a word, she scowled, "Why are you awake at this late hour?"

She took his hand and pulled him behind her. Advay struggled but she refused to let go. Chandni brought him to bed and without leaving his hand wrapped it around her for sleeping. 

Advay did not want to sleep, he could not sleep! Too many thoughts on his mind! He wanted to focus them into strategising his next plans.

He pulled away his hand, ordering her to sleep; but in the process, he pulled her hair and hurt her.

"Stay here in bed! Don't sleep if you don't want to! For once, share what's happening in your head." Chandni exploded.

Advay suddenly realized, she was a formidable woman when she glowered at him like that. He sat by her side contemplating for a moment whether this was right time to share his mission with her. Then he realized, she wouldn't let him go so he may as well share it now, as such, he wanted to! He sucked a deep breath in as if collecting all his resources and then released all air in a deep sigh, giving up all his resistance.

"I have embarked on my mission. I have waged war against Gangaram, my first target."

There was a short, shattering silence. Advay saw the grim comprehension on Chandni's face and knew that she accepted the idea. He was not alone anymore in his mission. He went on to explain his entire strategy to her.

"But why Miku? What about his safety? Miku is so young, so naive!" Her pitch became high with genuine concern written on her face.

"No Chandu, I know Miku and I trust him. Even as a child, he loved to leave his mark on everything. And after all, this is a legacy we have to both fulfil!..."

He spoke with a steely resolve,  "Regarding his safety, I have an army stationed there to protect him."

Raw panic jolted through her. "You should have gone, Dev!"

Her voice was hard steel when she spoke, "You are the one who has lost his inner peace. You have felt nothing else but rage in your heart all these years...You do not have mercy for anyone but your family...You are hard! You are distant, walled off! You can bring to effect this revenge and not get affected by it. 

But Miku is different... He's a child... He'll make the mission successful; but he will not relish this revenge like you do...He might end up a disturbed person!"

A cold mist sleeted through Advay's veins with her words, he spoke in a chilled voice, "He was born for it. It is in his DNA."

A heavy, stark silence descended asChandni contemplated his words. "I trust you, Dev!" 

She heaved a deep, resigned sigh, "I fear the years of peace Miku has experienced in his life will be on hiatus."

She held his gaze with a stark question, "Is that why you insisted on my security? But then, why my security? What about Aadi's security?...you were taken away by Maasi to protect you from fire here. What about Aadi? This fire of this war must not touch my child. I would rather that he lived far away someplace, same as you."

Advay suddenly realized the stark difference between him and her as warrior. She was not involved just with her soul; but also with her heart. 

He had of course taken extra measure with Aadi and rest of the family security. Yet, the fear of danger to Aadi's physical and emotional safety gutted him, making him wonder for the first time whether this mission he'd embarked on might actually be harder to pull off than he thought.

Chandni held her breath, wondering if he thought that she had overstepped her bounds, in view of her limited intelligence in the matter. 

He laughed... first time in the night, the sound low and husky and warmed by happiness, "It's so satisfying to have you with me, Chandu!You care for our family more than me and you bring out every new aspect of this mission. At least for now, Aadi is coming with us to Europe. 

And in future, I will ensure one way or the other that this war does not affect his psyche in any way. In regards with the risk of counter attack on him, I shall see if some arrangement can be made for his being safe, far someplace...maybe back in London!"

The glowing admiration in his voice was oddly gratifying. Chandni smiled and pulled him back in bed, "By your staying awake, universe is not going to move faster. Tomorrow might turn out to be the big day. You need to be ready for it. Get some sleep!" She patted his head till finally sleep embraced him under her loving caress.

The next morning, Advay was rushing early to office, when Chandni walked forward to him with pooja plate in her hands. 

Advay knew the reason of her action yet he didn't like it. This way, other members would question the reason behind it. He glared silently at Chandni admonishing her for her silly act.

"Tilak ko kabhi na nahi kahate, Dev! Patni jab Pati katilak karati hai, voh duniya ka saara bhagya apne pati ke saath bhejati hai."

(Never say no to tilak! When wife applies the tilak, she bestows the entire world's luck on her husband.)

Advay took his hand behind his head as she applied tilak, "May you get success in every mission of yours. Go and say bye to Aadi before you leave."

"Why Aadi now? I have to rush, he's in his room."

"Just do as I say!"

Advay gestured at Naani watching them, "Naani..."

"Teri Chandu ko kab kya jhatka aa jaye nahi keh sakate. Do what she's saying" Naani was resigned in the matter.

(One cannot tell what attack your wife will suddenly get)

Chandni knew in her heart, Aadi was their Ganesha and even Shiva had got success in his Tripurasur battle only after getting Ganesha's blessing.

The success in this battle was assured, it was just the question of how?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A lots is happening just before the battle day! It's calm, but calm before the storm!

To kill Tarakasura, yogi Shiva's son Kartikeya had to arrive. To avenge the murder of Mahant couple, their sons have arrived! Let's see where the story takes us.

Even death cannot separate true lovers as the song says! Yet Advay has truly made Chandni lonely in her most important battle...against his life risk. 

When Shiva decided to drink poison during Amritmanthan, Parvati was worried. She took Shakti form to reside in Shiva's throat and stopped the poison in his throat without letting it spread to his entire body. That's the reason the poison turned his throat blue, accordingly he's called Neelkanth. 

Advay was shown with blue Shiva's in first episode. The reference of his Neelkanth I have used again when he visited Allahabad and saw the Shiva Idol. Now I am using the reference of Shakti who saved Shiva from poison. Advay's poison will be cured by Chandni. 

The show had started as  Inteha , Intezaar ya Ilzaam doon, iss pyaar ko kya naam doon? 

Inteha, that's limit/epitome ........will both show in exhibiting their emotions, anger love included

Intezaar, waiting....... both have waited for sixteen years and even now their destination has not arrived, it's going to be a long wait!

Ilzaam, the censure.......The story started with Ilzaam, the blame, even today, the blame game continues in the couple

Yet this is the Untold Saga which is after the Suhaag raat episode. The story is now turning into Imtehaan, the trial/ examination of both where both will have to go through Trials of Fire before they find their unified equilibrium!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SVL5Qzt1dc

The reference of fire was used again and again in promos..... The original story intended was perhaps different than what got shown. My effort is to bring justice to those original promos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRdhp0yS6iY

As naani said, with Chandni's impetuous nature, she might do just anything in future... keep reading!πŸ˜‰

Allahabad haveli is enjoying the bliss before the battle starts. As the lyrics say, Meghna has very little expectation from life, Just PP and her baby but will it happen so easily? Well, there's no gain without painπŸ˜‰...keep tracking.

Shikha's frustrations are building slowly... now even Miku is getting worried. Take some action, boy!

Maata Aadi Shakti always protects her kids when demons attack. Chandni is taking that form now...Chandni is so right in thinking of Miku and Aadi. War always leaves scars and a young mind like aadi's should be saved from it completely...how will Advay manage it? he hasn't found yet the answer to Pooja's happiness.

The story of Shiva taking blessing of Ganesha comes during The Tripurasura killing in Shivpuraan. Shiva's chariot breaks and he fails in his mission when he leaves without taking Ganesha blessing. The boon to be Vighnharta (remover of obstacles) is given by Shiva to Ganesha, yet he himself has to abide by it.

That's the reason Chandni makes Advay talk to Aadi before leaving, Aadi is their Ganesha!

The songs in this episode are beautiful. do listen and enjoy the legendary voice of Kishor Kumar

https://www.you tube.com/watch?v=pfo7lMm4EJo

The clear voice of Atif Aslam in a meaningful song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXQA2gEX8CI

Edited by Loving2Missing2 - 4 years ago
Nice update. I think one reason for Sikha's behavior is her relationship with Chandini also messed up. She was close to Chandini before. If Chandini give advice, she will follow I guess. Poor Chandini. She is very stressed about Advay. Still I have doubt that is PP is acting or really he loves Meghan's? Because my impression of that characters from the serial is dominating. I am eager to know their battle and also that mystery friend of Advay. Thanks for update Neha
Originally posted by binc0802

Nice update. I think one reason for Sikha's behavior is her relationship with Chandini also messed up. She was close to Chandini before. If Chandini give advice, she will follow I guess. 

Maybe...maybe not! There are so many ifs and buts in life...and currently Chandni is not even aware about Shikha's agitation...Advay knows that something is affecting his bro and Shikha but he's unable to put finger on it...for that matter, even shikha is unable to put finger on it...let's see what happens nextπŸ˜ƒ

Poor Chandini. She is very stressed about Advay. Still I have doubt that is PP is acting or really he loves Meghan's? Because my impression of that characters from the serial is dominating. 

True! The serial portrayed him as all villain-ish later...but if you remember, when he was introduced, he was an innocent though exaggerating guy...but not cruel at heart... ipk3 writing lacked the maturity of IPK1 character portrayal, e.g. maami being vile but sometimes being good, she hated gupta daughters but loved arnav and anjali as her own children...nobody in the world is completely vile or completely good. I will paint PP as the slight gray, dominating character...let's see who he dominates on, now!πŸ˜†

I am eager to know their battle and also that mystery friend of Advay. 
Coming soon... hope you'll enjoy bothπŸ˜‰

Thanks for update Neha
Edited by Loving2Missing2 - 5 years ago
Thanks Neha) The episode with AdNi in car is my favorite.

❀️

I understand Chandni's concerns about Miku - I can hardly imagine him in the role of the avenger. Miku seems to me too soft person.
Originally posted by AnnDan

Thanks Neha) The episode with AdNi in car is my favorite.

❀️ 
Mine too, Ann😳 Such a sweet sequence isn't it? A man telling his wife that even if life is taken away, he'll be back to unify with her again.

I understand Chandni's concerns about Miku - I can hardly imagine him in the role of the avenger. Miku seems to me too soft person.

He was! But remember?  when his Ammi was arrested, he vowed to avenge against Shikha. As Advay said, it's in his DNA. 

In the show, the story was butchered up. We didn't get at all what happened further with his revenge. At least here, I'll show his revenge till the end.

Hope you'll enjoy it!πŸ˜ƒ

Very beautiful song and voice of Kishor Kumar 😳
Originally posted by AnnDan

Very beautiful song and voice of Kishor Kumar 😳

Yes and it's from the times when there was no digitalisation or technology, no filters to enhance the beauty...it's like hearing the person live.

it's from the beginning period of his career when he hadn't started his famous doodling.

Lingering Moments...The Untold Saga...Chapter46

The sun rose gently on eastern horizon and smiled happily on Allahabad. It was a beautiful morning with crisp, cool air. The air sang an eager belief tune to people saying that happy days were to come soon. People went around doing the morning chores, streets slowly crowding up to face the new day.

Malati shook her head in disapproval as she saw her husband Gangaram proceeding to his treasure room. It was his daily ritual. Before starting the day, he worshiped his wealth accumulated over years with what he believed as hard work and smart mind of his. Malati and all the villagers knew better. 

An avaricious smile spread broad on Gangaram's lips. He had completed the best deal of his life successfully. With the gold he held now, he was the richest person in Allahabad and territories around. He worried he would go mad in exhilaration.

Miku lazed on his bed as he was saved from temple rituals because priest community had advised that his Shuddhikaran (purification) would need to be done first before he started as mahant. Miku enjoyed his time till he had it. His mood had lightened up with Bhabhi having called him to congratulate him and wish him luck. She had said that she was doing all her prayers today for his success. He pondered over their Trio.

When Bhai first came to Allahabad, he was the first person to assist Bhai in his first mission, resurrection of the Shiva Idol. He had held Bhai's foot with all his strength thus preventing it from crushing the steps. In this new mission now, Bhai had taken a role of Krishna in Mahabharat, not participating individually but directing everything from top...almost like a mafia leader. Miku thrilled with the thought.

Bhabhi was like his mother, more like Mata aadishakti. She was the true power, the deep strength of both him and his Bhai. While he himself was like Laxman, with Bhai-Bhabhi being his Ram Seeta. A smile broke on his lips, at the unusual combination... like all divine forces joining together!

Malati was pouring tea in the cup on breakfast tray to serve her husband when she was startled by a loud shriek. She jerked her head in the direction and saw her husband with a ghastly, corpse-pale face materializing out of the depths of the fathomless darkness of the treasure room. His shriek of horror echoed endlessly off the eerie walls that enclosed him in a corridor of obscure shadows. 

Gangaram looked dreadful as if he was getting a seizure. His heart pounded. He was abruptly drenched in a chilling sweat. He stopped breathing and collapsed on the floor. Malati dropped the tea and rushed to hold him. His mouth was frothing... He couldn't utter a single word. His mouth twitched crookedly giving him a monster look. 

Malati ran and got a glass of water to place in his hands. But he was wobbling too badly to put it to his mouth. Reflexively, Malati took the glass and put to his lips like a dutiful wife. She hated his mercenary ways but he was her husband after all! Mercifully, he came back with the hasty gulp of water and managed to breathe again. He stared at the dark treasure room and howled loudly, "I have been cheated! All my wealth is looted.

An eerie silence descended. For a moment, Malati could not decide what to say. She had always known in her heart that avarice would bring his end one day but had prayed for it to be after her end. She had no idea whether this was an end or what was it?

"What happened?"

Gangaram started crying like a child with the caring love in her voice. He needed support now. Somehow he managed to speak, "the gold...the gold that I bought...it's fake, Malati, it's fake!"

"How come? You check everything when you buy."

"yes, I did!... I did check...it was all good then...I don't know what happened and how"

The entire transaction had been hushed, both parties not wanting villagers to know about it. Gangaram had met the man outside the village in an old temple to agree on terms. Gangaram had checked his credentials with his UAE passport and other official documents provided by the man. Gangaram had been very happy with himself as he had secured a further discount on price quoted by the man; which was already two thirds of his regular buying price.

The next day, they had met again in the temple. Gangaram had gone fully prepared to collect his stuff. The man had already kept the gold arranged in stacked up bricks. The whole lot could not be checked so both had agreed on checking random samples. All samples had been perfect. Only after thorough checking, Gangaram had handed over the cash as price of the gold. The entire deal had proceeded smoothly without any delays or hiccups. Then, how come?

As he recollected the memories of the entire dealing that day, a sudden thought struck Gangaram like a bolt of lightning. Rising panic bloomed in his gaze. He put his hand to his throat and made a small, frantic, squeaking sound not unlike a little bird that has fallen from its nest. 

In the flurry of the whole hushed up deal to be completed fast, it had just happened that the man had himself taken out samples at random and given to Gangaram for his thorough checking. All good samples had come in the man's hand, possibly by accident, although Gangaram now suspected more likely by design! It had all seemed very natural, very smoothly proceeding. Blood rushed from his face as he realized he had been royally screwed.

"What will I do now?" Gangaram was trembling violently.

"Go! Find the man! Go to panchayat. They will give you justice." Malati insisted encouraging her husband to fight the sudden calamity.

The family in Allahabad haveli sat at the table enjoying a happy meal.

Mamaji smiled broad addressing PP, "Pratham beta, you must introduce Meghna to your mother. Let everything be official."

"Yes Of course, Mamaji. I will! Very soon! Just want to enjoy this bliss of being in love before I get the marriage noose round my neck. After that, I'll be completely in clutches of Meghna." PP winked at Meghna teasing her.

"As if, now you are not?" Meghna laughed happily, sounding for the whole world like a young lady in the throes of her first great love affair. Maybe that was precisely the case!

Just then there was a knock on the door. A messenger came from the Panchaayat sarpanch inviting Veer Mahantji for an urgent meeting. Veer was surprised at the invitation. Priests had said, he would be official mahant only after the rituals were done; but it looked like unofficially he was Mahant already in people's heart.

The messenger informed that Gangaram had requested for an urgent meeting. Mamaji and Veer exchanged looks. The big day had arrived. An oddly exhilarating thrill of anticipation swept through Veer. Things were happening as per Bhai's plan.

"Mamaji, you please proceed with this messenger to the Panchaayat. I'll just make a call and be right after you. Let's not keep people waiting for us." 

Miku smiled at Mamaji. He wanted to be the first person to give Bhai the big news. Bhai would be pleased.

Gangaram was acting hugely obsequious while narrating his case to the judges. "Maay-baap, now only you can save me. All my life's worth, all my earnings are gone in this. Only you can help me find that brother in law of Pandeyji.

Panches(Jury) called Pandeyji to the meeting. "What brother-in-law? What is it that you are talking about Gangaramji?

"Why Pandeyji? Don't you remember you came to my place the other day and we spoke about the whole thing.

"Yes I came and we spoke about the possibility of giving me another loan while my previous two loans are still pending due. Pandeyji looked at the sarpanch, "After all Sarpanchji, before I agree to any bridegroom for my daughter, I have to know beforehand how much expense I can do in the wedding. So I went for that.

"No! He's lying. He spoke about his brother in law.

"Brother in law? What Brother in law? My wife is an orphan. Both her parents had died shortly after her birth and she was raised by her Uncle-aunt who don't have any child. You can enquire if you want, Sarpanchji. When I don't have a brother in law, how can I speak about him? Looks like Gangaramji has started hearing things. Everybody laughed along with Pandeyji.

Malati was watching from behind. She realized they had been duped but she could not give up on her husband. She had taken vows in front of god with this man. She would stand by him. She signaled to her husband to speak about deal done with Mamaji.

Advay was in a meeting explaining the importance of due diligence in their new project to his team when he received a call from home. It was Pooja.

"Bhaiyya, what's happened to Chandni since yesterday? She's all smiling otherwise; but suddenly sometimes I catch her looking absolutely desolate. I just passed the pooja room. She's been there since very long now praying desperately.

Advay knew the reason of Chandni's prayers. She was doing it all for the success of his mission. With her by his side, he was bound to win. The thought made Advay smile.

"Bhaiyya?Pooja chided, "Where are you lost now? What's happening? I saw tears in Chandni's eyes. She looked like earnestly asking God for something."

Tears? Chandni must be thinking of my ill health. I told her not to worry; but her heart won't listen. 

"Pooja, it's nothing! We had a small argument in the morning. She wanted me to spend time at home today also...must be crying for that!" 

Advay just hoped that his reason would placate Pooja's doubts.

"Arguments are your daily feed nowadays. You both can't survive without them. But then, why is she doing nirjali upaas? (Dry fast)"

Now, this was taking it too far! She was weak as such and she fainted always; if she did not take proper meal. Then why was she going to such extremes?

"That must be for Miku's success. She's worried about him. Do me a favour, Pooja. Tell her, Miku is all fine. Everything is proceeding smoothly." 

He had to do something to distract Chandni's mind from his ill health. "Or maybe send her to my office with Mohan. I'll take her to club and spend time with her."

Pooja found Bhaiyya's explanation involving Miku vague but she didn't want to dwell further on it.

"Yes Bhaiyya! Please do that! The universe finds its balance when the two of you together."

She laughed at her own exaggerated statement but Advay knew it was true.

Gangaram tried his all-time apple polishing technique he had always used with Indrani in haveli.

"Mamaji, you are known to be honest. People vouch on your name. You tell the truth to these people. Did I not give gold to you in exchange of cash and I gave you a huge discount, too. You have my gold with you. Tell them!" 

Mamaji came forward and gestured in what he hoped appeared to be blithe unconcern. Though inside he was tense, not due to fear of these people; but due to the concern whether he would successfully fulfill the Vizier role which Advay had assigned to him.

"Respected Panches, I am a poor man. You know already, I stay at the haveli only as a caretaker. The haveli actually belongs to the respected late mahant couple, parents of Advay Singh Raizada. Poor couple was brutally murdered in broad daylight right in the temple premises. 

After that Yash narayan ji had started living in the haveli with his wife, my sister, Indrani. Indrani's ways were such that in her extravagance and her greed for heavy jewelery the haveli was mortgaged."

"Why are you talking all that? Gangaram was panicking as his tale was taking an altogether different turn.

"Do not interrupt me!" Mamaji sneered and turned to Panches. "The Panches deserve to know the entire truth, don't they?"

Miku grinned. He knew already that behind all his innocuous conduct and polite demeanor, Mamaji enjoyed the viciousness of sweet revenge.

Innocently, Mamaji continued, "It was so very kind of Advayji that he not only saved Indrani from Landlord's wrath but also saved haveli and thereafter even allowed Indrani to live there. And what did he get in return? Beating from goons?"

As Mamaji continued the tale, people's anger against Indrani went on building more and more and the Mahant brothers had all their sympathy.

"Even today, I spite of all that Indrani has done, Advayji keeps these young girls Meghna and Shikha under his wings without any malice. I am in haveli only to give fatherly care and companionship to Meghna. So where will I have any gold or money to buy gold?"

"It's Advay Singh Raizada who has that gold of mine!" Gangaram raised his voice and his finger both pointing towards Miku who sat behind with Panches.

The battle had now moved to the foremost warrior of Advay, Miku! He fought the urge to massage the tension out of his temples and looked Gangaram dead in the eye.

"Be careful of your tone and your words! It's the respected Mahantji Advay Singh Raizada! And he has purchased gold with official receipts from you. So think proper before you say anything."

He had learned never to make a threat, his brother had taught him that, but Gangaram had gotten the message all right: he was a hair away from death with any uncareful statement.

"But I want my gold back!" Gangaram whined with fervency as life was at stake now.

"Excuse me? Your gold? You sold it! Perhaps the same way as you have sold your ethics since long." Miku countered.

The sound of his voice, dark, chilled, controlled and seemingly emanating from some halo behind him, unnerved Gangaram to such a degree that he very nearly collapsed on ground.

Malati came forward with folded hands to support her husband. "Mahantji, please do something. Please let us have the gold back otherwise how will we survive?" She spoke earnestly with solicitude.

Miku felt a distinct pang of pity for Gangaram's wife. He folded his hands at her addressing her politely, "Mai, anything feasible from my side, I will always do. But the gold has been transferred officially to temple trust fund. This gold was always originally the temple treasure and my Bhaaisahab is restoring it back to the temple by spending his own hard earned money."

Everybody was left agape at this wise declaration from Miku. The respect for the Mahant brothers increased multifold in people's minds.

"Orphan children, striving to fulfill their parent's legacy!" The murmur spread around in the gathering.

Miku turned to Gangaram very casually, "Has someone really cheated you in this way? Because it's quite unheard of... Gold turning out to be fake like this...doesn't happen generally like that..."

"Of course, it does! Gangaram rose in self-defense and roared loud, "I have myself exchanged the fake gold in temple treasure during your father's time on Indrani's saying. How can you have not heard of it?"

Suddenly, there was shattering, stark silence as comprehension dawned upon the crowd. So it was him and Indrani conspiring against the honest senior Mahant. The confession had come directly from horse's mouth.

Gangaram realized the folly of his words. He began to tremble so violently, he had to sit down with his legs squeezed together, his head hunched into his contracted shoulders, hands clasped together between his knees as if he were praying to the devil.

Veer smiled with what could only be described as cold triumph. This man had earlier conspired with Indrani and been an accomplice in the heinous murder of his parents. Sixteen years had passed but his deed would now get paid with complete due plus the interest. Veer gave a nod at Mamaji.    

Chandni stood in Advay's personal inner room in his office. Soniya had asked her to wait inside the office as Advay would join her soon. She had known that the side door led to another room which was his personal sanctum. Out of sheer curiosity, she had opened the door, walked in and got lost into everything that she saw.

Advay came in as she was studying his research plan, her brows knitted together in a concentrating frown. Her bosom heaved with her sigh, drawing his attention. Advay felt her call as the most intimate, most natural one. Like a cuckoo singing to call its mate. She was there, waiting for him, calling to him, her sexy-as-sin scent heavy in the small, too warm space.

Like a magnet Advay got pulled and circled his arms surreptitiously from behind her. She was startled from her reverie and jerked back.

"What happened?" He asked in a low, husky tone.

She wasn't sure whether it was OK for her to enter here, to be privy to his innermost core. Or was this his too private a sanctum, where maybe even her entry was like an invasion. Well, now she'd gone and done it. She'd entered his inner sanctum and he was questioning her. The awkwardness of that moment hung over her like a guillotine.

"What happened?" She asked in a faked innocent yet brave retort facing him in the eyes. For all her bravado, Chandni shivered inwardly as his chocolate brown eyes pierced through her soul clearly seeing her discomfiture.

"Nothing happened?" His eyes took a darker shade focusing a supercilious stare at her gamine face which scintillated every male nerve of his.

"Nothing happened!" She declared boldly; though his slow, sexy smile turned her insides to treacle, warm and viscous, dulling her common sense. 

He reached out and touched her arm, starting at her shoulder and trailing a fingertip slowly down to her wrist. Her breath hitching as he slipped his thumb into her palm and stroked it in lazy, concentric circles. 

It sent heat flowing through her. This man was her husband; they knew each other inch by inch, nerve by nerve. How could something as simple as this make her want to tear off his clothes and ravish him? How could a stroke convey an invitation?

"What are you doing?" She murmured, finding his invitation too bold and blatant. She couldn't admit her own lascivious thoughts. 

Then she made a mockery of her bold declaration when she let out an embarrassing yelp as he nuzzled her neck, nipping at the tender skin with small, precise bites designed to tease.

"The same that I am sent on earth to do!" 

Questions had been enough for the day.

He pressed into her firmly but gently, while his hands tenderly floated across her cheeks. He did not open his mouth. But Chandni's blood sang in her ears, and she felt herself flush and grow hot as she pressed forward against his chest, closing the gap between them and winding her arms around his back.

She could feel the muscles underneath his shirt. She could almost feel his heart beating against her own chest. But he was so gentle, so tender. His mouth left her wanting more much, much more.

She wasn't sure how long they kissed, but by the time he released her Chandni's head was spinning. It was transcendent. It enriched her entire being.

His emotions and his good judgment were in a raging battle. His eyes were shining, reluctance and need emanating from them.

"Come, let's go!" He turned abruptly, a turmoil in his heart.

"Wait a minute!" Chandni laid a restraining hand on his arm.

Well! Gangaram's lie has come out with Advay's mind game. 

What happens with Miku nodding to Maamaji... read further... the drama continues!

What's Chandni going to say to Advay? What's on her mind?

Hit Like

Edited by Loving2Missing2 - 5 years ago
Finally Gangaram truth came out. Poor Chandini is very sad and scared  about the things happening around her. Right now also, I am not able to understand PP is good or bad. I will wait and decide after reading next updates. Overall nice update Neha. I love how you write about Ganagaram in the starting of chapter. It's telling the character of Gangaram and how greedy he is😊 Thanks for early update.