This Brings In Disappointment!

Octothorpe thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Anniversary 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 5 years ago
Of course I know Amyra is Tevar's daughter and after knowing this truth it was natural for him to rush to her and meet her but disappointed me was the fact that he decided to go back to Kulfi because Amyra loved 'Sikandar' and not because he felt any connection with Kulfi. Of course, he will try to love her but he will always priorities Amyra and I know it because he said, "hum aapke liye kuch bhi kar sakte hain. Kuch bhi." This was a disappointment. Kulfi again is no one (or second priority) for everyone around her. Can't she have someone all for herself like her mom was. I know she isn't that selfish but I'm being selfish for her. I wish dhe just leaves everyone upon finding that Sikandar is her father and lives peacefully somewhere with foster parents maybe who love her to death.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

vandana1965 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Yeah it was sad to see tevar 's reaction,  but hopefully he will realize his folly and come around soon
Aslesha99 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
I was highly disappointed by Tevar's reaction hopefully he should realise his mistake and come back to claim Kulfi. I want Tevar to accept Kulfi as his daughter and begin loving her to a great extent. I want to watch the fear in his eyes of losing her just like Amyra when he finds out she is Sikander's daughter and Sikander doesn't know. 
ALUJNA21 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
It was really sad and shocking that a child can accept a person who's not her dad as one though she's aware of the truth means she knows how to use her mind...BUT why not Tevar who's an adult suddenly changed without doing any mathematics...of the whole situations, and happenings.
Sad and shocking because we keep praising Tevar as a good father too much...finally he's also a bit like Lovely.Oops his "Love"

nakhre_wali thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
It feels so random and out of character for Tevar to disappear... Up till this point in the narrative we could say Kulfi and Tevar were completely innocent - having been betrayed by their loved ones and battered around by fate. I liked this parallel and the idea of Kulfi & Tevar knowing half their heart belongs to someone else (Sikander & Amyra) yet finding support with each other. Hope this still happens and Tevar's been made to disappear by the plot temporarily only so events could build up like they have (Kulfi going to mandir so she can discover truth from her mama)
Octothorpe thumbnail

Originally posted by: parul2999

It feels so random and out of character for Tevar to disappear... Up till this point in the narrative we could say Kulfi and Tevar were completely innocent - having been betrayed by their loved ones and battered around by fate. I liked this parallel and the idea of Kulfi & Tevar knowing half their heart belongs to someone else (Sikander & Amyra) yet finding support with each other. Hope this still happens and Tevar's been made to disappear by the plot temporarily only so events could build up like they have (Kulfi going to mandir so she can discover truth from her mama)

Even if Tevar returns to embrace Kulfi back in his life, he'll never be the same loving father for me. I'll never be able to be that biased towards him like I was but It'll be great to see what happens when Tevar returns (if ever he returns). Btw off topic, love your siggy, mind telling which episode it is from? Kinda don't know.
nakhre_wali thumbnail

Originally posted by: Octothorpe

Even if Tevar returns to embrace Kulfi back in his life, he'll never be the same loving father for me. I'll never be able to be that biased towards him like I was but It'll be great to see what happens when Tevar returns (if ever he returns). Btw off topic, love your siggy, mind telling which episode it is from? Kinda don't know.

For me it depends on how they explain it. The problem with desi serials is they tend to disregard the POV of other characters. They had done well so far - we could all sympathise with Tevar because we had seen his struggle. Now suddenly they give us nothing but a letter. If they reveal in some flashback that he took a calculated decision to leave Kulfi in Sikka's care till he can arrange for funds for her school and their living then I may be able to buy it - because Tevar already saw the consequences of taking Kulfi away from Sikander's house into the streets: Kulfi almost lost her life, the worst thing that could happen. So doing that again would be repeating his mistake. Living on Sikander's funds himself I think he probably cannot stand any longer. Why he didn't tell Kulfi his plan - well they can explain how he knows Kulfi wants to leave immediately but he doesn't want her to live in shoddy conditions again, not expecting Sikander will be silly enough to traumatise Kulfi by telling her Tevar abandoned her knowing she wasn't his daughter.

Like I said, it all depends on what the narrative wants to do and what the makers want the audience to feel. Do they want Tevar to continue to appear as a sympathetic character or does that clash with the graph they want Sikander's character to take? Does the narrative want Kulfi to bond with someone else or not? Does the narrative want Amyra to feel secure with Sikander or not? Or does the narrative want to bring Tevar's character down a notch and on par with Sikander - ie like Sikka abandoned Nimrat but regretted it, they make Tevar abandon Kulfi momentarily then return. If so then they may have no flashback like I'm hoping for and instead will show Tevar regretting and returning, like Sikka regretted. Then we will have to live with another chaand who has a daagh (ie like Sikka has a sin to his name so will Tevar). The only "pure" jugnu remaining will be Kullfi. 

Regarding the signature, the show is Kya Qusoor Hai Amala Ka which used to air on Star Plus and is available on Hotstar. The scene is from episode 85 which aired on 10 July 2017. The show is quite a serious one and not very easy to watch tbh but they dealt with the main character's sense of trauma fairly well.
Octothorpe thumbnail

Originally posted by: parul2999

For me it depends on how they explain it. The problem with desi serials is they tend to disregard the POV of other characters. They had done well so far - we could all sympathise with Tevar because we had seen his struggle. Now suddenly they give us nothing but a letter. If they reveal in some flashback that he took a calculated decision to leave Kulfi in Sikka's care till he can arrange for funds for her school and their living then I may be able to buy it - because Tevar already saw the consequences of taking Kulfi away from Sikander's house into the streets: Kulfi almost lost her life, the worst thing that could happen. So doing that again would be repeating his mistake. Living on Sikander's funds himself I think he probably cannot stand any longer. Why he didn't tell Kulfi his plan - well they can explain how he knows Kulfi wants to leave immediately but he doesn't want her to live in shoddy conditions again, not expecting Sikander will be silly enough to traumatise Kulfi by telling her Tevar abandoned her knowing she wasn't his daughter.

Like I said, it all depends on what the narrative wants to do and what the makers want the audience to feel. Do they want Tevar to continue to appear as a sympathetic character or does that clash with the graph they want Sikander's character to take? Does the narrative want Kulfi to bond with someone else or not? Does the narrative want Amyra to feel secure with Sikander or not? Or does the narrative want to bring Tevar's character down a notch and on par with Sikander - ie like Sikka abandoned Nimrat but regretted it, they make Tevar abandon Kulfi momentarily then return. If so then they may have no flashback like I'm hoping for and instead will show Tevar regretting and returning, like Sikka regretted. Then we will have to live with another chaand who has a daagh (ie like Sikka has a sin to his name so will Tevar). The only "pure" jugnu remaining will be Kullfi.

Regarding the signature, the show is Kya Qusoor Hai Amala Ka which used to air on Star Plus and is available on Hotstar. The scene is from episode 85 which aired on 10 July 2017. The show is quite a serious one and not very easy to watch tbh but they dealt with the main character's sense of trauma fairly well.

I don't think Tevar left to get livelihood so he can raise Kulfi he used to but then you can't ever predict the ITV's writers' minds. Like you said, they probably want to bring that daagh to Tevar's character too which was very much flawless as a father (just as a father and not completely as human so that makes no one's perfect but still makes us love the awesome father that he was until he knew truth.) Anyway, let's see what's in store. I always wanted Kulfi's truth out firth to Sikandar and then Lovely killing Nimrit. But ! Never mind.

Saw Fatmagul on which KQHAK was based. Always dreaded if they killed the entire essence of it in indian version. Planning to watch but not getting time.
nakhre_wali thumbnail

Originally posted by: Octothorpe

I don't think Tevar left to get livelihood so he can raise Kulfi he used to but then you can't ever predict the ITV's writers' minds. Like you said, they probably want to bring that daagh to Tevar's character too which was very much flawless as a father (just as a father and not completely as human so that makes no one's perfect but still makes us love the awesome father that he was until he knew truth.) Anyway, let's see what's in store. I always wanted Kulfi's truth out firth to Sikandar and then Lovely killing Nimrit. But ! Never mind.

Saw Fatmagul on which KQHAK was based. Always dreaded if they killed the entire essence of it in indian version. Planning to watch but not getting time.

Totally agree that Tevar was not flawless, but till now he came across as an endearing adult who related well to children and treated them as such. The last song he sang on the show seemed to be about getting daughters everything they need hence wondered if he's off on a quest for better livelihood lol. On another note, Lovely and her family are terrible planners. Ofcourse if Tevar loses all his money Sikka is going to become Kulfi's guardian... didn't think that one through did they :P Guess they weren't counting on Sikka-Tevar reconnecting.

Yeah I wonder how much longer till Sikka realises Kulfi is his beti. 

Ah, if you've seen Fatmagul then ofcourse you know why KQHAK is a difficult watch. I haven't seen the Turkish original but I think having an original source to draw from helped KQHAK a lot. It came across as sensitively written. Towards the end though it was a rush for them to just complete as many threads as they could because the show got cancelled. So the ending, though fitting, wasn't as satisfying... or rather you were definitely left with a sense that things were rushed and character arcs left hanging. Such a shame the channel didn't let the show run its full course. :(
Edited by parul2999 - 5 years ago
soapwatcher1 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Do hope Tevar comes back loving Kulfi as much as he has loved her till now. One doesn't have to father a child to love her like his own, Sikandar loves Amyra as his own even after knowing she is not his biological daughter. But then again Tevar was so ecstatic to claim Kulfi as his own blood that he might feel the same now about Amyra. Poor Kulfi.