Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Fatima_Q thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 5 years ago

Originally posted by: mijanur

God saved Preet from the evil claws of Pinky.

Honesty,  I really enjoy this update. 
Update soon.

Thanks Shuridh. πŸ€—

Ah yes...the evil claws of Pinky Ji...that's a good way to put it.  πŸ˜†
Fatima_Q thumbnail

Originally posted by: Rhea_401

Preet wanted to ahem ahem with Meher...But got attacked by Pinky Ji instead...πŸ˜†

Killer...Imagine a bare chested Preet being smothered by a plump middle aged Punjaban..πŸ˜›πŸ˜›..
Ab kya karein...Preet hai hi itna hawwttt... even aunties can't control themselves...

A big MUAH to you you Fatima for the updateee...

Don't make us wait for too long for the next one...:)

Meet have been through a lot so I just wanted them to have some fun in this update. πŸ˜†

Thanks for the feedback Rhea πŸ€—

And an even bigger thanks for your update...I just read the 1st installment of Mujhse Shaadi Karogi πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ...absolutely fantastic!! πŸ‘πŸΌ
Fatima_Q thumbnail

Chapter 66 - Ups and Downs

With a towel wrapped around her wet hair, Meher walked over to the window and peeped outside the curtains to check the weather outside.  The sun was already beginning to shine brightly in the clear blue sky.  She took a deep breath and smiled to herself.  She loved bright sunny days.  Something about them made her feel like everything was going to go well.  She looked down and saw the vegetable vendors beginning to set up their carts.  Her landlady Mrs. Duggal was watering her plants, while Mr. Duggal was heading out with the morning paper tucked under his arm.  He and his small group of friends would sit at the tea stall nearby, discuss politics, and argue passionately over the state of the nation as if they were going to be running in the next general election.

It had been 3 weeks since she and Preet had moved to Ludhiana.  Mr. and Mrs. Duggal's son's company had recently moved him to their Mumbai office, leaving the upper portion of their small home vacant.  The place was tiny to say the least.  A bedroom, sitting area, bath, and a small kitchen, but it was enough for them, and more importantly, it suited their minimal budget.  The kindly old couple had agreed to let them move in with just the first month's rent. 

Preet had started working part-time in a nearby sari shop.  Flattering the ladies, and talking them into a sale seemed to come naturally to him.  The owner however, complained that his customers spent more time flirting with him than buying his merchandise.  In the evenings he'd work as a security guard at an office building.  In between, he would busy himself looking for a suitable job in his own field.  He hadn't found anything yet.  She would see so little of him.  It was hard, not to mention boring, so she had started tutoring children after school.  It was a lot of work but between the two of them, they were sure they would be able to make ends meet.

A dog barking on the street below brought Meher back from her thoughts.  Bansi the milkman was approaching the gate.  Mrs. Duggal would soon be embroiled in an argument with him over the rates for his water-downed milk.  Meher looked back towards Preet and smiled.  He was still sprawled out on the bed fast asleep.  She pulled the curtains back and let the sun's rays hit his eyes.  It was cruel, she knew, but he had to get ready for work.  Preet moaned and turned over to his side.  She came over to the bed and sat down next to him.

"Preet," said Meher as she ran her fingers through his tousled hair.  "Come on Preet.  Time to wake up now, else you'll be late for work."

"It seems like I just went to sleep.  How on earth did it become time to wake up already?" complained Preet.

"Well, I'm afraid it is," sighed Meher.  "I've already showered, so the bathroom is all yours."

"I'm willing to forgo the shower today Meher...just let me sleep for 5 more minutes...please...," groaned Preet.

"You'll do no such thing Preet Juneja," Meher nudged him.  When he tried to ignore her, she took hold of the ends of her wet hair and tickled his face with it.  "Beside...it's your own fault for keeping us both up late last night."   

"Ah yes...last night," Preet slowly opened his eyes and looked up at her with a soft smile.  "Last night was incredible.  I swear I saw stars."

"You and your stars," Meher shook her head.  "The sun is out.  It's the dawn of a new day...and..."  She gasped as he suddenly tugged her forward making her land on his chest. 

"We could have an incredible morning too," Preet whispered in her ear.

"Preet," giggled Meher.  "Chodo mujhe (leave me)."

"Uff!  Chodo mujhe...," whined Preet.  "Two words that need to be permanently eradicated from your dictionary."

"Preet...mazak karna bas karo (stop joking)," Meher squirmed out of his arms.  He tried to take hold of her again but she slid out of his reach and stood up.  "I'm serious.  You'll be late for work.  You know how stingy Mr. Rathi is.  He counts the time you put in at the sari shop down to the last minute.  And we can't afford to come up short on next month's rent."

"Alright, alright," sighed Preet.  He slowly sat up and watched her longingly as she headed for the kitchen.  As she walked back towards him with a cup of coffee, he noted how the front of her robe had come undone.  Probably from when he had pulled her into his arms.  His gaze edged up to her breasts, so nicely outlined by the lace of the nighty she wore underneath.  He had to leave all that and more, and go to work.  It was unfair.  Not just unfair...cruel. 

"What are you smiling about?" she asked as he took the cup of coffee she handed him.

"I don't think you want to know," he grinned sheepishly.

"Matlab (meaning)?" asked Meher.

"Matlab...," sighed Preet as he swung his legs off the side of the bed.  "I had better get ready."

A short while later...

Meher walked up to the dressing table, picked up her ring and slipped it onto her finger.  Her hand reached down again for her mangal sutar but found nothing except an empty space.  What the...?  She looked down, and began to move things around searching for the precious necklace.  Where was it?  She could swear she had put it right here.  She walked back to the washroom. 

"Aaj mausam bada bayiman hai...bada...bayiman hai...aaj mausam." Preet hummed to himself as he lathered up his face before shaving.  He moved to the side as Meher came up next to him and checked the medicine cabinet and the hooks next to it.  Shaking her head, she walked to her bed and checked under the pillow, then under the small pile of clothes on the chair next to the bed.  "Hey, I just remembered, I didn't get my good morning kiss yet," Preet complained as he came up from behind and hugged her.

"Not right now Preet," sighed Meher.  "You still have shaving cream on your face."

"So?" said Preet.

"So, I don't want to get it on mine," Meher worked her way out of his arms, and went back to searching the dressing table.

"What are you looking for?" asked Preet.

"My mangal sutar," said Meher.  "I took it off last night when we were..."

"When we were what?" grinned Preet.

"You know very well what," blushed Meher.  "You said it was too prickly remember, so I took it off, and now I can't find it."

"So what?" Preet shrugged his shoulders.  "It's just a necklace."

"Just a necklace?!" cried Meher.  "Preet, woh mere suhag ki nishani hai (It's a symbol of our marriage)."

"Hey Cinderella," Preet walked up to her again.  He slipped his arms around her waist, turned her around and looked longingly into her eyes.  "Tumhara suhag yahan hai (your spouse is right here), I don't mind if you hang me around your neck."

"Preet...no...not the shaving cream," giggled Meher as he leaned in and rubbed his cheek against hers.  He was about kiss her when someone called out her name.  "Oh my God!  Preet...I think that's Mrs. Duggal..."

"Yeh roz subah subah hamari good morning ko kharab karne ke liye kyun aa jati hain (Why does she show up every day to ruin our morning mood)?" sighed Preet.

"Meher!  Where are you child?" Mrs. Duggal called out again.

"I'm coming Aunty Ji," Meher called out.  "Preet...woh dekh lein gi (She'll see us)..."

"So what?  Biwi ho tum meri (you're my wife)," said Preet.

"Uff ho!  Chodo mujhe besharam (let me go, shameless)..." She smacked him on his arm, slipped out of his grip, then ran to meet their landlady at the door.

Preet waited until she left before taking the mangal sutar out from his pajama's pocket and smiling to himself.

Meanwhile...

"Good morning Aunty ji," Meher smiled.  "Did you need something?"

"Mr. Duggal just left," explained Mrs. Duggal.  "So, I thought I would come up and chat.  Have you made tea yet?"

"Uh...no...I was just about to...but...," said Meher.

"Good...I'll help you," offered Mrs. Duggal.  "We'll put in some ginger and cardamom, and make it nice and tasty.  Oh my!  Meher, my dear, what's that on your face?"

Meher suddenly remembered the shaving cream.  "Uh...actually Aunty ji...Preet was getting ready...and..."

As if on cue, Preet popped up behind her.  "Good morning Aunty ji," he grinned.

"Oh Preet...how are you son?" said Mrs. Duggal.   Meher watched her eyes go from the shaving cream on his partially shaven face to that on her's.  Her face turned red as the older woman mentally put two and two together.  "I didn't realize you were still home.  I'll come by later."  She was about to leave, when she turned back as if remembering something.  "I almost forgot to ask, did you enjoy yourselves last night?"

"Last night?" Preet asked in surprise as he wiped his face with a towel.  "Uh...yes, but how...how did you know?  Were we too loud?  Meher, I told you you were being too loud."

"Me?!" blushed Meher.  "What about you?!"

"What are you two talking about?" a bewildered Mrs. Duggal asked.

"What do you think we are talking about?" Preet asked cautiously.

"The ras malai I made last night," said Mrs. Duggal.  "I sent up a bowl for you two remember?  Did you enjoy it?"

"Oh that!" Meher sighed in relief.  "It was great."

"Yeah...we licked the bowl clean, right Meher?" said Preet.

"Completely," nodded Meher.  "Speaking of which, I'll go get your bowl for you."  She rushed back inside and was soon back with the small bowl.  "You'll have to give me the recipe."

"Sure," smiled Mrs. Duggal.  Just then she noticed something dangling from Preet's pocket.  "Meher, is that your mangal sutar?"

"What?" Meher asked in surprise.  She looked down to where Mrs. Duggal was pointing.

"See what I have to put up with Aunty ji," teased Preet.  "I've told her so many times...Meher...yeh hamari suhag ki nishani hai (this is a symbol of our marriage)...don't be so careless with it, but she continues to leave it here and there.  Toh maine socha main hi isko sambhal loon (So I decided to take care of it)."

"Hai Rabba!  Kitna sona munda hai (What a sweet boy)...tum isko itna kyun sata ti ho (why do you torture him so)?" Mrs. Duggal shook her head in disappointment.  "Tsk tsk, very bad.  I thought you were better than that my girl."

"Aunty Ji, I've been looking for it all morning.  I...," she looked at Preet.  He was smiling a little too much.  "Yeh sab iski shararat hai (This is all his doing).  He hid it from me on purpose."

"Why would I hide it?" asked Preet.  "On the contrary, I thought for a change I'd wear it.  I figured I should have something that shows I'm married too."  Mrs. Duggal laughed out loud.  "No I mean it," he insisted.  "You don't know how many ladies are constantly hitting on me at the sari shop.  It's the price I pay for being so smart, sexy, and handsome."

"Pagal (crazy)," chuckled Mrs. Duggal.  "I'll see you later Meher."

As soon as the older woman left, Meher chased Preet back inside their residence and around the small 2 seater sofa in the living room.  "Preet Juneja...how could you embarrass me like that in front of Mrs. Duggal?"

"Me?  What did I do?" teased Preet.

"You made her think I was careless about something as precious as my mangal sutar!" fumed Meher.  "And...what was all that talk about me being too loud last night?  Imagine if she had figured out what you were talking about!"

"Well you were...Oh Preet!  Oh Preet!" teased Preet.

"Hai Rabba Preet!  Tum...tum kitne besharam ho gaye ho (Good Lord Preet, you have no absolutely no shame)!  Just...give me back my mangal sutar!"  She tried to take it back from him, but he held it above her head out of her reach.

"Come on Meher...you'll have to do better than that," laughed Preet, as she tried to take it from him again but missed.

"Oh yeah!" cried Meher.  She caught him off guard by punching him lightly in the stomach.

On instinct, his arms came down to cover his stomach protectively.  He fell backwards onto the sofa with a dramatic flair.  "Ow!"  He whined.  "My poor ribs.  They just got done healing.  I think you may have bruised them again."

"Come on Preet," Meher rolled her eyes.  "I didn't hit you that hard."  He didn't answer.  Instead, he leaned forward, and held onto his stomach with his head lowered.  Was he just pretending to be in pain? She wondered.  She hadn't really hit him that hard.  Or had she?  She placed a cautionary hand on his shoulder.  "Preet?  Are you...?"

"Gotcha!"  He grinned suddenly and pulled her to him making her fall in his lap.  Instantly his fingers were at her side tickling her mercilessly.

"No Preet!" she cried.  "Stop!  You know how I hate to be tickled!"

"And that's precisely why I'm doing it," said Preet.

"Ugh!  You evil evil man!" cried Meher.

"Hoo-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha!" Preet let out an evil laugh.  He tickled her some more and they were both soon rolling with laughter and out of breath.  "Well that was a fun way to start our day." 

Meher nodded and leaned against him as his arms came around her and held her in a tight embrace.

"You know I could hold you like this forever," sighed Preet.

"But you have to get to work right?" chuckled Meher.

"Right," said Preet.  He let her go reluctantly.  She stood up then offered him her hand and helped him up as well. 

"You still have my mangal sutar," she reminded him.

"Ah yes...," he smiled.  He held up the necklace.  "Here, allow me."  Meher turned her back to him and held her hair off her neck.  He gently settled the necklace around her neck and fastened the catch in the back, then kissed her on her neck and then at the curve of her shoulder.

"I thought you had to get ready for work," giggled Meher.

"Ugh!  Don't remind me," whined Preet. 

"Okay then...tell me what you'd like me to make you for lunch." said Meher.

"Actually, I won't be coming home for lunch today," said Preet.

"What?  Why not?" asked Meher.  "Do they have a shipment coming in at the shop?"

"No, it's not the shop I'll be busy with.  I have a job interview.  In fact, I have two lined up this week and another one early next week," grinned Preet.

"Really Preet?" Meher's eyes grew wide in surprise.  "That's wonderful."

"Yeah, I'll finally be able to do something in my own field," Preet said eagerly.  He checked the time on his watch.  "Listen Meher, I know we have to pay the rent soon, but I had to buy some business attire and get copies of my resume made.  I have to look presentable for the interviews.  Once I get the job, we'll have more than enough to pay off the rent and maybe even move out of here."

"Of course Preet," nodded Meher.  "Everything will turn out just fine."

Later...

"Let's see...I've got my wallet and my file," said Preet.  He picked up two ties and went to the kitchen.  "Meher...which one do you think goes better with this shirt?"

"Mmm...this one, definitely," Meher pointed to the blue one.  "Here, let me help you."  He stood still as she carefully knotted it around his neck.

"Thanks," smiled Preet.  "Now wish me luck."

"Just a minute Preet," said Meher.  She picked up a bowl of yogurt and held a spoonful of it up to his mouth.

"What's this?" asked Preet.

"Dahi shakar (yogurt with sugar), smiled Meher.  "It's supposed to be auspicious."

"Meher, you know I don't believe in all that," said Preet.

"I know, but I do, so just humor me okay," said Meher.

"Fine," chuckled Preet.  "But you know you're all the luck I really need."  He quickly downed the spoonful of the sweetened yogurt.

"All the best," smiled Meher.

"Thanks," said Preet.  He gave her a quick kiss on the cheek and headed down the stairs.  "Hey Meher!" he called out midway through his descent.

"What happened?" asked Meher as she looked down from the top of the stairs.

"Nothing," smiled Preet.  "I just wanted to see your face one more time."

Two weeks later...

Meher absentmindedly ran a finger against the gold chain around her neck as she scanned the notebook in her lap for errors.  A small group of children sat around her with their heads buried in their notebooks, their pencils scribbling out the answers to their homework.  She looked over at the clock on the wall.  Preet wouldn't be home for another two hours.  That meant another two hours before she found out how his latest interview went.  He had been to several interviews already, but nothing had panned out as of yet.  She silently prayed today would be different.    

"Knock knock!" smiled Mrs. Duggal.

"Aunty Ji?" Meher handed the notebook she had been checking back to a little girl, then went to meet her landlady at the door.

"I hope I'm not disturbing you, my dear," said Mrs. Duggal.  "But I made some kadi.  I thought you and that smart husband of yours would like some."

"That's very kind of you Aunty Ji," smiled Meher.  She gave out some instructions to the children, then turned back to her visitor.  "Would you like to come in for a cup of tea?"

"Don't mind if I do," nodded Mrs. Duggal.  She followed Meher into the small kitchen area and sat down on a chair.  "You've got a nice little study group going here."

"Yes," smiled Meher.  "I used to tutor some of these children before while I lived in Ludhiana.  I'm happy to have them back."

"I suppose every little bit helps," remarked Mrs. Duggal.  "How's Preet doing with his job search?"

"Uh...he's still looking," said Meher.  She set the water to boil on the stove and took out the tea and sugar.  "I'm sure he'll find something soon."

"I hope so," sighed Mrs. Duggal.  "Look Meher, I hate to be the spoiled sport here, but you do realize that you guys are late with this month's rent.  Believe me child if it were up to me, I'd be more lenient, but Mr. Duggal...he's been nagging me to collect it from you."

"Aunty Ji, we had every intention to pay the rent on time," sighed Meher.  "We just had some unexpected expenditures come up.  One more week and I promise we'll have the rent money for you."

Two weeks later...

Preet sat outside his flat holding his file in his hand.  He glared angrily at the lock on the door.  Where the hell was Meher?  Just then he spotted her coming up the stairs.  "I've been sitting here for over an hour.  Where were you?!" he demanded.

Meher was taken aback at the tone of his voice.  "I'm sorry Preet.  I didn't realize you'd be home so soon.  I went to buy some vegetables for dinner."

"You could have left the key with someone," grumbled Preet.

"Who?  Mrs. Duggal?" asked Meher.  "And give her the opportunity to ask us for the rent again?" 

"Look I'm tired enough as it is," replied Preet.  "I don't want to argue with you.  Just open the door and let me in."

"Fine," said Meher.  She unlocked the door, stomped inside, then headed to the kitchen and began to empty her small sack of groceries.  What was the matter with Preet?  Why did he have to be such a sourpuss?  He had a bad day, but her day hadn't been so great either.  Let him sit and sulk.  She wasn't going to talk to him.  In fact, she wasn't going to make dinner either.  That would teach him a lesson.  She looked over at Preet and saw him rubbing his temples with his  hand.  Oh dear, things must really have not gone well.  "I thought you had an interview," she said quietly.  "I'm guessing it didn't go as you expected."

"Nothing is going as I expected," complained Preet.  He loosened his tie, took it off and tossed it to one side, then plopped down on the sofa and passed his hands over his face.

"So you decided to take it out on me?" Meher leaned against frame of the kitchen door with her arms folded in front of her.

Preet looked up at her apologetically.  "I'm sorry Meher.  I didn't mean to take out my frustration on you."

"Paani (water)," Meher walked over to him and handed him a glass of cold water.  "Want to talk about it?" she asked as she sat down next to him.

"That's the fifth interview I've been to," sighed Preet.  "I don't think it's going to work out here either."

"It's all right Preet," Meher reassured him.  "You've got another interview lined up don't you?"

"What's the point?" Preet shrugged his shoulder.  "Everyone has the same thing to say.  You've got an MBA?  Great!  You seem like the perfect candidate for the job.  Then they look at my previous experience, and an even closer look at my name...Preet...Juneja.  That turns on a tube light.  Wait a minute, are you by any chance one of the Junejas?  The Delhi Junejas?  The Juneja Enterprises Juneja?  When I tell them Lalit Juneja is my father, they become less interested in me and more interested in how I can secure some sort of connection or favor for them from my dad.  You know Meher, I've only ever worked for my dad's company before.  I'm only now beginning to realize how difficult it is for an ordinary person to get a good job without a bribe or connections.  Right now, I don't have either.  I feel like a complete failure."

"You're not a failure Preet," Meher placed a comforting hand on his arm.  "Be patient.  Something will turn up, I know it will."

"Yeah, well...I wouldn't hold my breath," sighed Preet. 

"Preet, remember you said you wanted to start your own consulting firm?" said Meher.  "You even showed me the perfect office space for rent.  Why don't you just go for that?"

"How?" said Preet.  "I'd need money to book that office space.  I'd also need to get a computer, a phone, a fax machine, and a secretary to begin with at least.  We don't have money to pay the rent, where would I get the capital for a startup?"  He looked down at his shirt and frowned.  "I've already thrown our entire budget out of whack by buying these stupid clothes to wear on these stupid job interviews and nothing panned out."

"Maybe you could work from home for the time being," suggested Meher.

"I can't have client meetings here.  And what about the kids that come over for tuition?" Preet reminded her.  "How would it look if I make calls while children ask for homework help in the background?  Looks like I'll be stuck working at the sari shop until God knows when."

"You're just being pessimistic because you're tired and hungry," smiled Meher.  "Why don't you go freshen up and I'll get dinner started.  You'll feel a lot better after you eat."

"Maybe you're right," Preet gave her a weak smile.  "What's for dinner?"

"Tinday," said Meher.

"Again?" sighed Preet.

"I thought you liked tinday," said Meher.

"Yes, but not three nights in a row," complained Preet.

"Sorry, but...," began Meher.

"...they were in our budget," Preet finished her sentence.  He had just gotten up, when his phone rang.  "Hey PB, what's up?" he answered the call.  "Really?!  That's great!  How's Heer Bhabi doing?  Chahat must be over the moon.  Tell her I miss her too.  That's a great name.  I'm so happy for you guys.  Yes...Meher is fine.  I'll tell her too.  She'll be so happy.  I know.  I wish we could be there too.  Yes PB, we're both fine.  No no, we don't need anything.  Just give Heer Bhabi our love.  And give the little guy a big hug from his Preet Chachu."

"Did Heer Didi have the baby?" Meher asked excitedly as he put the phone away.

Preet nodded and gave her a small smile.  "It's a beautiful, healthy, baby boy.  Seven pounds six ounces."  Just then his phone beeped.  "Looks like PB just texted me the photos.  They've named him Prateek."  

"That's wonderful Preet," smiled Meher.  She took the phone from him and scanned through the photos.  "Look how happy Chahat looks holding the new baby."

"Yeah...everything is just wonderful," sighed Preet. 

Meher watched as he slowly turned and went to the bedroom to change.  He would never admit it to her, but he missed his family.  If only she could do something to make him feel better.

Hope you all enjoyed the update. πŸ˜›

Please do hit the like button and leave me some feedback.

Credit:  The morning mangal sutar scene is inspired by the movie Saathiya.

Chapter 67: Meher tries to cheer Preet up

Link to: Chapter 67

Link to Table of Contents: https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/136805557

Edited by Fatima_Q - 5 years ago
x.titli.x thumbnail
RES πŸ˜³πŸ˜†
UNRES
*doing SRK entry😎* 

Fatima! πŸ€—
So finally after a long break from IF I'm back with reading the 3 updates I've missed...I'll try my best to give you a detailed comment because you deserve it! πŸ˜³

Preet is seriously husband goals. He's honest caring and loyal. The thing I like about him is that I'll keep his promises no matter what. He has left everything behind for Meher, even his luxurious life and he dealt with Kuljeet's tantrums...I'm impressed by him even more! 

Loved the way Preet took Meher out only so that they could spend some time together...his life is for sure incomplete without his father being on his side but I'm glad he's with Meher. This boy is broken...his father has always put him apart because he thought heon't be able to succeed in life... but Preet has been through a lot  already! And he's dealing with things with class and maturity!  Meher is the only one who makes him feel alive at this moment of his life...her love knows no boundaries that's why she had guts to confront Kuljeet after the accident. It was too much for her...she couldn't accept it anymore...❀️

I'm glad that Meher took the decision of leaving the house, it showed another Meher not the one we used to know...she is sweet caring and innocent but she won't let anyone accusing HIS Preet. She wants to protect HIS Preet at any cost...I found it so beautiful! β€οΈ

Preet scene with Pinky Ji cracked me up big time like lol!🀣 I felt some KHNH vibes because it reminded of the scene where Rohit went accidently to the wrong house when he was invited for dinner by Aman at Naina's house! Like Sweetu's mom tried to seduce Rohit and Rohit was like hain what? Preet reminded me of Rohit in that scene lol! πŸ€£

Now Meet finally having their own home and dealing with the difficulties of life...I love how both take things though Preet is not that patient... Meher is the perfect match for him really... these 2 are hubby-wifey goals! β€οΈ

Such fantastic updates Fatima! This FF is defintely so precious for us! You are adding more magic to Meet...and that's a treat for us! πŸ€—

Edited by DreamyButterfly - 5 years ago
Rhea_401 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Hey hey hey Fatimaaa...

The update was like mmm

So the moment i read the mangalsutra scene i was like saathiya hmm hmm saathiyaa πŸ˜†

Preetooo was being aww sooo romantic... hayyye meri toh death hi ho gayi padh ke...

But the ending made me fear ... preet getting angry with Meher.. bechari ki kya galtiii...Preet don't be so cruel

Are you planning to go the saathiya way...??... separation hoga kyaaa...
😲 😲

And once again thank you for updating... Despite the lack of motivation you write for us...:):)

NidhiMittal thumbnail
Hey fatima.
Sry for late reading dear.
Nd thanks for writing nd pm me abt the stories. As i always fond of MEET story.

I know one thing aj read kru ya kl but for sure i will read MEET stories.

Back to ur stories...
Its awsome nd really enjoyable.
With perfect twist nd turn nd meetha meetha romance ldaai nd all that completely describe MEET.

Really enjoyed.
But y naraajgi of Preet should b end with a cute MEET scene. Pls...

Anyways u always rocks.
Fatima_Q thumbnail

Originally posted by: DreamyButterfly

RES πŸ˜³πŸ˜†

UNRES
*doing SRK entry😎* 

Fatima! πŸ€—
So finally after a long break from IF I'm back with reading the 3 updates I've missed...I'll try my best to give you a detailed comment because you deserve it! πŸ˜³

Welcome Back Maria πŸ€—
I hope you are feeling better.

Preet is seriously husband goals.

He is isn't he? πŸ˜†

He's honest caring and loyal. The thing I like about him is that I'll keep his promises no matter what. He has left everything behind for Meher, even his luxurious life and he dealt with Kuljeet's tantrums...I'm impressed by him even more! 

Yeah...he's done a lot to prove he truly loves Meher. 

Loved the way Preet took Meher out only so that they could spend some time together...his life is for sure incomplete without his father being on his side but I'm glad he's with Meher. This boy is broken...his father has always put him apart because he thought heon't be able to succeed in life... but Preet has been through a lot  already! And he's dealing with things with class and maturity!  Meher is the only one who makes him feel alive at this moment of his life...her love knows no boundaries that's why she had guts to confront Kuljeet after the accident. It was too much for her...she couldn't accept it anymore...❀️

I think Meher is the only person he will ever admit to that he really wishes he had his father's blessings or acknowledgement event.  He is broken inside about that.  Luckily Meher is there to pick up the pieces. 

I'm glad that Meher took the decision of leaving the house, it showed another Meher not the one we used to know...she is sweet caring and innocent but she won't let anyone accusing HIS Preet. She wants to protect HIS Preet at any cost...I found it so beautiful! β€οΈ

Meher's turn to stand by her man. 

Preet scene with Pinky Ji cracked me up big time like lol!🀣 I felt some KHNH vibes because it reminded of the scene where Rohit went accidently to the wrong house when he was invited for dinner by Aman at Naina's house! Like Sweetu's mom tried to seduce Rohit and Rohit was like hain what? Preet reminded me of Rohit in that scene lol! πŸ€£

Now Meet finally having their own home and dealing with the difficulties of life...I love how both take things though Preet is not that patient... Meher is the perfect match for him really... these 2 are hubby-wifey goals! β€οΈ

Such fantastic updates Fatima! This FF is defintely so precious for us! You are adding more magic to Meet...and that's a treat for us! πŸ€—

This is my 3rd Meet FF.  The first 2 pretty much ended with them getting married.  A reader (Bhagyashree) had requested that I write something that showed us glimpses of what I thought their married life would be like.

I think we got a very good idea from the show itself of what kind of husband material Preet was...and he was the best...(I'm not being partial here *cough* *cough*)...yes he would get upset, but he always loved and supported Meher too...so that is what I'm trying to reflect in the FF.

Thanks for reading and leaving me your feedback Maria.
It means a lot. πŸ€— 
Fatima_Q thumbnail

Originally posted by: Rhea_401

Hey hey hey Fatimaaa...

The update was like mmm

So the moment i read the mangalsutra scene i was like saathiya hmm hmm saathiyaa πŸ˜†

Preetooo was being aww sooo romantic... hayyye meri toh death hi ho gayi padh ke...

But the ending made me fear ... preet getting angry with Meher.. bechari ki kya galtiii...Preet don't be so cruel

Are you planning to go the saathiya way...??... separation hoga kyaaa...
😲 😲

And once again thank you for updating... Despite the lack of motivation you write for us...:):)

Yeah this chapter had a lot of Saathiya vibes in it πŸ˜†

Preet is definitely a romantic...he wants an entire cricket team remember? πŸ˜†

No...no more separation track...been there...done that...πŸ˜†...but every couple struggles with different problem especially in the first few years of heir marriage...and Meet are no different.  I mean, it is a piece of fiction but I'm trying to keep it real here. πŸ˜†

Ah yes...writing is a struggle sometimes especially when readership is at an all time low...but...I don't like to leave my writings incomplete.  Even if no one reads it, I'll finish what I started...I love Meet too much to leave them like that.

Thanks so much for reading Rhea.  Your feedback always means a lot. πŸ€—
I'll try to be quicker with the next update. πŸ˜³
Fatima_Q thumbnail

Originally posted by: NidhiMNehra

Hey fatima.

Sry for late reading dear.
Nd thanks for writing nd pm me abt the stories. As i always fond of MEET story.

I know one thing aj read kru ya kl but for sure i will read MEET stories.

Back to ur stories...
Its awsome nd really enjoyable.
With perfect twist nd turn nd meetha meetha romance ldaai nd all that completely describe MEET.

Really enjoyed.
But y naraajgi of Preet should b end with a cute MEET scene. Pls...

Anyways u always rocks.

Hey Nidhi...long time no see πŸ€—

Yes, I keep on PMing all my readers in the hope that the spark of Meet love still exists.  πŸ˜†
Of course, take your time reading the stories.  One thing good about this thread is that the stories, clips and VMs are there to enjoy whenever we feel like it.

Preet wasn't really upset with Meher, he was just frustrated about not getting the job he wanted...so he let out a little steam at Meher.  It happens.  Meher called him out on i, but she's a sweetheart so she also understood.   

Thanks for reading and leaving me your feedback.  Really appreciate it. πŸ€—
Fatima_Q thumbnail

Chapter 67 - Dil Se

Meher looked down at the small pouch she was holding in her hand, tightened her grip around it then slowly opened the door to the jewelry shop and walked inside.  "Namaste," she said quietly to the young man behind the counter. 

"Namaste madam," he replied.  "What can I help you find?"

"The sign outside says you buy gold jewelry," said Meher.

"Oh," said the young man.  "Mr. Mittal, the owner, is in the back.  I'll go get him for you."

Meher waited patiently as an older gentleman came out from the back and greeted her.  "Hello young lady," he gave her a small smile.  "Dheer tells me you have some gold you want to sell." 

Meher nodded.

"Let's see what it is," said Mr. Mittal. 

Meher handed him the bag, and watched as he pulled out a set of 6 bangles, and a necklace.  "Will I be able to get a good price for them?" she asked anxiously.

"That depends," said Mr. Mittal.  He weighed the jewelry in his hand.  "They're kind of light weight.  The design is pretty simple too.  Let's see what my scale says."  Just then, he spotted the ring on Meher's hand.  "That looks like a real ruby and diamonds.  You could get a hefty price for that one piece alone."

"No," Meher shook her head.  "The ring is not for sale, only what I gave you."

Mr. Mittal shrugged his shoulders and weighed the jewelry.  He did some quick calculation on his calculator, then wrote down a number on a piece of paper and handed it to Meher.

"That's all?" Meher said in surprise.  "Are you sure?"

"I'm sorry young lady," the man replied.  "I assure you the price is a reasonable one given the number of karats, net weight and going rate for gold right now.  Of course I take off a little on my end too."  He eyed the locket and chain Meher had around her neck.  "That looks like a nice piece.  You can get some more if you toss that into the mix."

Meher's hand went up defensively to her chain.  It was the only reminder she had left of her mother.

Later that night...

Meher paced the floor by the front door, glancing at the clock every now and then.  It was almost 7 in the morning.  Preet had changed his watchman shift to graveyard hours.  It paid slightly more.  He'd come home tired, take a short nap, then rush over to the saree shop by 10am.  He would be home soon, and she couldn't wait to surprise him.

Just then the front door opened.  "Preet!" Meher cried in delight.  She ran to the door and hugged him.

"Hey," he returned her embrace warmly, then pulled away and smiled at her.  "Now that's what I call a warm welcome.  What's going on?"

"Nothing's going on," smiled Meher.  "I'm just happy to see you."

"I'm happy to see you too, but it's not like I just came back from the border or anything," chuckled Preet.

"Preet...," Meher rolled her eyes.  "Go and freshen up, and I'll make you nice big fat breakfast, with eggs, and croissants and that juice you like so much."

"Croissants and juice?" Preet looked at her in surprise.  "Meher I thought we were being careful with our budget, remember?"

"Yes, but I thought we could splurge a little, just this once," grinned Meher.

"Why do you look like the cat that just ate the canary?" Preet eyed her suspiciously.

"Because I have a surprise for you," smiled Meher.

"A surprise?" The blood suddenly drained from Preet's face.  "Meher...you're not pregnant are you?"

"No Preet...I'm not pregnant," chuckled Meher.

"Phew!" Preet exhaled loudly.  "Well then, put me out of my misery already.  What is it?  What's the surprise?"

Meher held up her hand.  A key was dangling from her index finger.  "Tan-ta-da!"

"A key?" said Preet, as he took it and observed it closely.

"Not just any key," remarked Meher.  "It's the key to the door..."

"You had a spare key made to the front door?" Preet interrupted her.  "Good idea.  Now I don't have to be worried about being locked out if you're out shopping or something."

"No Preet," sighed Meher.  "This isn't the key to our front door.  It's the key to your new office!"  She clapped her hands and jumped up and down excitedly.

"My new office?" Preet said in surprise.  "What are you talking about, Meher?"

"Remember that store front you once showed me?" Meher reminded him.  "The one you said was in a perfect location for your startup.  I rented it out for you.  That's the key for it.  You can start setting up whenever you like.  Isn't that wonderful?"

"You rented it?  How?  How did you manage that?" asked Preet.

"Uh...chodo na (let it go) Preet," said Meher.  "You know the old saying...aam khao...ped mat gino (eat the mangoes...don't count the trees)."

"No, I mean it Meher, how did you manage this?" Preet asked again.  "The owner was asking for 6 months rent upfront for that office space.  There is no way we could afford that right now."

"I...uh...I know...," said Meher.  "But I...uh...managed to negotiate him down to 3 months...and..."

"Three months?  We can't afford to pay the Duggals our rent so how did you manage 3 months rent for an office space?" Preet probed her.  "And don't try to make up some lame story.  I can see the way you're biting your lower lip.  You only do that when you're nervous."

"Okay...okay," said Meher.  "I'll tell you everything.  I...uh...I went down to the jewelers and sold my gold bangles."

"You what?!" cried Preet.  "Why did you do that?!"

"Because...we needed the money," said Meher.  "I got just enough to book the office space and pay the rent."  She looked at him triumphantly, but he didn't look pleased.  He looked furious. 

"What else did you sell?" demanded Preet.

"Nothing...I...uh...nothing," said Meher.

Preet looked over her with narrowing eyes.  "Where's your locket and chain?" he demanded.  "The one that belonged to your mom?"

"What...I...uh...," gulped Meher.

"You sold that too, didn't you?" Preet asked through gritted teeth.  She nodded quietly.  "Meher how could you?!  Did you...did you sell my mom's ring too?!"

"No!  I would never do that!" Meher shook her head vehemently.  "Look Preet, it's not a big deal...I..."  She tried to link her arm with his but he shrugged her away.

"Not a big deal?!" said Preet.  "How can you say that?!"

Meher stared at the floor.  This wasn't exactly the reaction she had hoped from him. 

"Which shop?" asked Preet.

"What?" said Meher.

"Which shop did you go to?!" cried Preet.

Meher walked over to coffee table where her purse lay, and pulled out a receipt with the shop's address on it.  Preet practically snatched it out of her hands and headed out the door.

A short while later...

Preet stood outside the jewelry shop banging on the shutters.  "Open up!" he cried.

Mr. Mittal popped his head out the window from the flat above the shop.  "Hey chokre, are you mad or something?  What are you banging on the shutters for?  We won't be opening up for another couple of hours."

"Is this your shop?" asked Preet. 

"What if it is?" asked the older man warily.

"I need to talk to you," said Preet.  "It's important."

"I already told you, we don't open up for several hours," said the man.

"You want to come down here and talk or would you rather I continue to bang on the shutters for the next couple of hours?" Preet glared up at him.

A short while later...

"What kind of insolence is this?" said the jewelry shop owner, as he unlocked the shutters and pushed them up.  "You're lucky my wife wasn't feeling well, or else I would have called the police."  He opened the door to his shop, then held it open for Preet.  "Now, will you tell me what this is all about?"

"Look I'm sorry," sighed Preet.  "But this is very important.  My wife came by yesterday and sold some jewelry.  I need it back."

"So many people come through my shop, how am I supposed to know which one was your wife?" complained Mr. Mittal.  

"Tall, pretty young woman, long brown hair, rosy cheeks...," said Preet.

"Ah yes...the one with the ruby and diamond ring," Mr. Mittal's eyes lit up.  "I told her I'd give her a good price for it, but she wouldn't hear of it."

"She sold you a gold chain and locket," Preet interrupted him.  "I need it back."

"What do you mean you need it back?" asked Mr. Mittal.  "Oh, I see what you're trying to do.  Look young man, I already gave her a fair price for it.  You're not going to squeeze another single rupee out of me now.  All sales are final."

"I don't want your money, I want the chain and locket back," said Preet.  "It has a lot of sentimental value for her.  It belonged to her dead mother.  She never should have sold it in the first place."

The shop owner walked to back of the counter and unlocked a glass case.  From inside, he carefully took out the jewelry Preet wanted.  "Is this it?" he asked.

"Yes," Preet sighed in relief.  He was about to reach for it, when the older man smacked his hand.

"Na-huh!  First show me the money," he said.

"Money?" said Preet.

"Yes, the money I gave her, plus 15%," said Mr. Mittal.  "I have to make something you know."

"I...I don't have the money," sighed Preet.

"Then what the hell are you doing here?" the shop owner grumbled.  "Bloody waste of my time."

"No...I...," tried Preet.  "I don't have money, but perhaps you'd like to trade?"  He patted his pockets, then pulled his sleeve up.  "Uh...how about my watch...?"

The jeweler put on his magnifying watch and took a closer look at the watch Preet had just placed on the counter.  "That looks like one of those fancy Swiss ones."

"It is," nodded Preet. 

"Hmm, it's actually worth more than the jewelry," Mr. Mittal scratched his head.  "You said the chain and locket belonged to your wife's deceased mother, so I suppose the sentiments attached to them are priceless.  Alright, I'm willing to make an even swap...not a penny more.  So...do we have a deal?"

Later...

Meher was pacing by the front door chewing on her nails, when Preet walked back in.  "Preet...," she whispered.  Ignoring her, he walked right past her and headed straight for the sofa.  She took a deep breath, poured a glass of water, and went to face him.  "Paani," she said softly as she handed him the glass.  He took it quietly.  Meher nibbled on her lower lip nervously, before taking a deep breath and clearing her throat.  "Preet...please talk to me.  I swear I didn't mean to do anything wrong.  I just..."

"How could you do it Meher?" said Preet.

"Sell my jewelry?" asked Meher.  "Heh-Heh.  It's okay Preet.  No big deal.  It was just some bangles and stuff.  You can always get me better ones once we are able to afford them."

"You sold your mother's locket," sighed Preet.  "What were you thinking?"

"I don't know," Meher said quietly.  "I've been watching you work so hard, and how disappointed you get at your lack of progress.  I guess I was just trying to help."

"By selling the only momento you had of your mother?" Preet shook his head.  "Why didn't you sell my mother's ring?"

"I would never do that," said Meher.

"Why not?" Preet shrugged his shoulder.  "You've never met the lady."

"Because she was your mother Preet," said Meher.  "She meant the world to you."

"And your mom?  Didn't she mean anything to you?" asked Preet.

"Of course she did...but I...I...," Meher broke down crying.  "I'm sorry Preet, I just couldn't bare to see you so down all the time.  The money the jewelry shop owner was offering wasn't enough for the jewelry to cover the rent for the office space and what we owed the Duggals.  Adding Mummy Ji's chain and locket made up for the shortcoming.  I was trying to make things better for us.  I...uh...I suppose you tried to get my stuff back."

"How could I?" said Preet.  "I didn't have the money.  And even if I did, the shop owner wasn't inclined to exchange anything without making a hefty profit on his end.  He's one hell of a shrewd businessman I tell you."

"Right," sniffled Meher.  "I guess what's done is done.  It's okay really.  I...I don't need to have a momento to remind me of my mother.  I always have her in my heart.  You must be hungry.  I'll go get that breakfast started."

Preet watched her rise sluggishly and walk over to the kitchen.  Damn!  She loved him enough to give up her mom's chain for him.  It was eating her up inside, but she was pretending like it was no big deal.  His Cinderella was a crazy woman.  But he loved her just as much too.  He slowly rose to his feet and walked into the kitchen.  Meher was beating some eggs in a bowl when he suddenly dangled a familiar gold chain and pendant before her eyes.

"Oh my God Preet!  That's my mom's chain!" she cried in surprise.

"It sure is," grinned Preet.

"I thought you said...how did you?" asked Meher.

"It's not important," said Preet.

"Preet," Meher gave him a look of insistence.

"Alright," sighed Preet.  "If you must know, I traded my watch for it."

"Your watch?" said Meher.  "The one Prem Jiju gve you for graduation.  Oh no!  You loved that watch."

"Not as much as I loved the look of delight on your face I saw just now when you saw your chain again," grinned Preet.   He drew the precious gold chain around her neck and carefully closed the clasp.  "There.  It's back where it belongs."

"Thank you Preet," Meher hugged him tightly.  "You have no idea how much this means to me.  I love you so much!"

"I love you too Cinderella," smiled Preet. "Dil se (With all of my heart)."

Two months later...

"Preet?  I'm so glad you're home," Meher greeted her husband at the door.  "How did your client meeting go?"  Did she even have to ask?  The look on his face clearly told her that he hadn't gotten the contract.

"Meher, if you don't mind, I don't really want to talk about it," sighed Preet.  He took his coat off then loosened his tie and sat down on the sofa.

"Oh...okay...," She said quietly.  "I'll get you something to drink, then get dinner started."

"I'm not really hungry," Preet shook his head.  He picked up the newspaper and flipped through it disinterestedly.  "I think I'll just turn in early."

Meher sat down next to him and put a reassuring hand on his arm.  "Come on Preet.  Please cheer up.  Something will turn up.  I'm sure it will."

"What?  When?" Preet asked flatly.  "I quit my other jobs to focus full time on my start up and I haven't been able to land a single contract.  It's been 2 months Meher.  Two months!  Do you have any idea how discouraging that is?"

"It's not like you haven't had any interested parties," Meher pointed out.

"No," agreed Preet.  "But their main interest is in getting connected to Juneja Enterprises.  When they realize that's not me anymore, they move on.  I just need one break Meher.  Someone who sees me for what I can do, not what my last name can offer them."

"And you'll get that break Preet, I just know you will," Meher gave him a soft smile.

Preet shook his head.  "Let's be realistic Meher.  The property owner agreed to 3 months advance in rent instead of 6 because you promised him we'd sign a 1 year lease before the 3 months were over.  I just don't see that happening."  He looked at the newspaper he was holding.  "I may just be better off going through the classifieds and looking for a new job.  Maybe Mr. Rathi will give me my job back at the saree center."  

"Oh no you don't!" cried Meher.  "The Preet Juneja I know is not a quitter."

"I'm not quitting Meher," Preet sighed and stood up.  "Maybe this just isn't the right time for me to be adventurous.  Not when we have bills to pay."

"Lekin Preet," tried Meher, but he started to walk away.  Meher got up.  She had to cheer him up some how.  "Mmm...," she began to hum.  "Maine toh manga tha saheli jaisa saiyan." 

"Kya (what)?"  Preet turned around looked at her in surprise. 

"Na Na Na Na Na," sang Meher.  "Maine toh manga tha saheli jaisa saiyan.  Muh pale pada paheli jaisa saiyan.  Paheli jaisa saiyan.  (I asked for a lover who would be like a friend, what I got instead was one that's like a riddle)."  She snapped her fingers and walked in a circle around him.

"Meher, this isn't funny," Preet rolled his eyes and walked away.

Meher followed him to the bedroom and continued to sing.  "Bhoola bhoola sa rehta hai.  Jhoola jhoola sa rehta hai.  Nayi Delhi main.  (He seems lost in his thoughts, wandering about in New Delhi)."

"Uh...we live in Ludhiana," Preet interrupted her.

"Oh aake ghar anghiti sa batein karta hain jali jali, sang Meher.  "Jala jala mora saiyan.  (He comes home burning like a furnace, his words burn too.  My burned out lover.)"

Preet shook his head then turned on the TV to drown out her voice.

Oh God!  thought Meher.   He's not humoring me even one bit.  She cleared her throat and continued singing.  "Ho...Biwi se ziyada toh ye TV se hai juda juda.  Chipku sa mora saiyan. (He's stuck on the TV more than his wife.  My stuck up lover).  She danced around him then rubbed against him seductively.

Wait a minute.  Was his shy, prudish Cinderella actually trying to seduce him?  Now that was a first.  Preet had to control himself from breaking out into a laugh.  "Uh...sorry Meher...abhi mood nahi hai (I'm not in the mood right now)," he lied.  

As he turned away, Meher suddenly reached up and grabbed him by the collar with both hands.  She marched him backwards with determination until they reached the bed, then pushed him down and straddled him.  "Listen mister!  Enough with the moping around.  I'm making a fool of myself here singing and...and...rubbing against you as if I was doing some sort of a pole dance or something...and what do I get?!  Abhi mood nahi hai (I'm not in the mood)?!  You better fix your mood and start making me happy!"

"Alright Cinderella, you don't have to suffocate me," he looked up at her and grinned.  "I guess I have been behaving like a bit of a jerk lately."

"You better believe it!" Meher raised an eyebrow accusingly at him.  "But that's going to change right now."  She leaned forward and kissed him squarely on the lips.  As she broke off the kiss, she turned her head slightly and looked back at him with a soft smile.

"Aray wah!" Preet said in surprise as he saw the dreamy gaze in her eyes.  "Meri Meena Kumari, aaj Malika Sherawat kaise ban gayi (Since when did my Meena Kumari urn into Malika Sherawat)?"  Meher didn't answer.  Instead, she gave him a sly grin and slowly began to unbutton his shirt, then tugged it free from his pants.  She slipped her fingers beneath the material and felt the tempting warmth of his skin, before throwing the shirt wide open. 

"Mmm," Preet moaned as she ran her fingers over his muscular chest.  "I suddenly like where this is going."  He placed his hands possessively at her waist and pulled her down for another kiss.  One hand pushed up under her shirt to caress the soft skin underneath it, while the other hand fisted in the material at her back.  "You're way too over dressed," he hissed as they broke off the kiss.

"So are you," teased Meher.  She peeled off her shirt and tossed it to one side as a mass of brown hair tumbled down her back. In an instant, Preet's warm hands were on her skin, reaching out to unhook her bra before flipping her onto her back.  His slacks and belt hit the floor at the same time as he leaned into her.  

Meher's breath caught in her throat as he lowered his lips to her neck then started on a trail of kisses down the delicate curves of her body.  Her one hand fluttered down his back while the other clutched at the bed sheets.  She became excruciatingly conscious of every place her skin met his, as he pulled her closer and closer against him, until her eyes closed and her body melted into his.

Chapter 68: Preet gets his first break

Link to: Chapter 68

Link to Table of Contents: https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/136805557

Edited by Fatima_Q - 5 years ago