Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

gurti227 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
Yes it was complex until Kunal and Nandini trying to suppress their feelings!! I could always feel certain tension between KuNan at that time..Kunal ignoring Nandini and his fear of  losing Mauli !!Nandini trying to stay away from Kunal because she doesn't want to hurt Mauli etc..It would have been complex still if it continued that way !!
After the confession.it was nothing complex.It has become a regular EMA story
looseseal thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: yam29

Hey, everyone. 

I have been following Silsila since the news about the show's conceptions were out. Initially, I was interested mainly because of Dhrasti Dhami and now, Im interested because of the storyline, cast and everything in general. πŸ˜‰

What does turn me off about this show is how everyone seems to be hating the extra-marital aspect of the show, Kunal-Nandini's relationship. I am surprised about the amount of hatred that Nandini and Dhrasti Dhami are getting from the audience. Why?? πŸ˜•πŸ˜•

No offence, but was it not made clear that the show is about complicated relationships, especially about a married man and an abused woman's extra marital affair, since the very beginning?

I knew what I was getting into when I saw the promo and, so, why are almost everyone just wanting Nandini to be doomed? You know this was what is meant to happen. 

Nandini is the reason why the whole show is happening. 

If Nandini was not around, there wont be any friendship between two women to showcase. If Nandini isnt in the show, there wont be a potrayal of love that happens out of boundaries, reasons or logic. If Nandini was not in Silsila, there won't be betrayal, pain, misunderstandings and complications. 

She runs the show! 

Yes, I know what she did was wrong and yes, what did Kunal did was wrong as well but Silsila is about changes in relationships and differences in perspectives, values and beliefs. 

We are not in the era of Sati Savitri, people!! Its the era of multiple relationships, divorces, casual flings and what not. Im not saying there is no true love and sacred marriage. I am saying that people change, relationships changes, families change, friendships change and even lovers change. 

So, I just think Nandini, Kunal and Mauli deserve second chances. 

1- Nandini should find love, meaning in life and a sense of self. (This lady is a mess. Go get a life. Find yourself a career, an identity beyond relationships, and some self esteem while you are at it. Later, you can fall in love, ok?)

2- Kunal should figure himself and whom he loves. (This man is just so confusing. I never understood how the hell he fell for Nandini. A song, really?🀬)

3 - Mauli should heal herself and find happiness within herself. (Btw, I sincerely think Mauli should just give up on Kunal. Any guy who cheats on you after years of relationship is not worth it. He ain't the one!😑😑)

After some soul searching, if these characters can find it themselves to love one another fully, then they should commit. Be it Kunal and Nandini or Kunal and Mauli or nobody with one another. Its up to them! 

Personally, I want the showmakers to explore the relationship between Kunal, Nandini and Mauli in a deeper manner.

I can see some chemistry between Kunal and Nandini but their relationship is just underdeveloped. I just see extramarital affair and nothing beyond that label. Come, give me more love, tension, confusion, desire, guilt, pain and fight!!! Its forbidden love, for God's sake. It's these ones that make your senses heightened. Why do you think banned movies, books and music are the ones that get most of the attention???πŸ˜‰

Plus, Mauli and Kunal's relationship after the affair fiasco should be explored further. What about the love they had? What do they feel about it? Is it all gone? They were way too sweet with one another to just go out with a poof. πŸ˜²

And lastly, Nandini and Mauli's relationship was the least developed one. I mean, they are friends but I do not feel much about it since both Nandini and Mauli are not very convincing about their friendship. I wish they had given more juice for them. 😭At least, give us some sis-mance flashbacks!

Im not gonna side with any of the jodis until they figure themselves out. Its Silsila- Complicated Relationships, nothing is black and white anymore. Nobody is entirely good nor is anyone a entirely bad. Its the complicatedness that makes Silsila itself. Its a fictional show and that allows us to explore things that are in real life but do not really know of. I see as a fiction only. So, why not, right? 

*P.S. I do not support wondering eyes or cheating affairs. If you were to ask me for personal opinion, I would tell you to cut off entirely from the cheating relationship. No second chances. 

Complicated relationships? kaha hai? Aapko kaha mili? i am still looking for it. Only thing i keep finding is one-dimensional EMA where both people involved are either crying for themselves or lusting for each other. I swear i haven't seen any other emotions on display. Guilt, shame, grief (not for being found out or beaten by Rajdeep, but genuine grief for a lost relationship), fear (not because of nari morcha but for loss of familyy and friends), confusion, frustration. in aakhon taras gaye hain unki complications dekhne liye. 

yeh log kitne asani se kehdete hai ki "yes, i am besharam" "yes, i am selffish", "no, our love isn't wrong, its blessed by god", "no, we arent wrong, becauce love"...in sab mein "complicated" kaha hai? they seem pretty sorted mate. Complicated toh tab hoti agar kuch internal conflicts hotey, kuch tensions hoti.  idhar toh do aashique wife ke ghar mein saare guests ke sammne hi suru ho gaye. Inko bas "pyaar" karni hai, baki sab bhad mein jaye. 

I am sorry if i come across bit bitter but there have been so many post lately questioning why we watch the show or why in the 21st century we still cant handle the EMA-themed show? Like we can. Not just in the show, we can handle that in real life too but this show doesnt just show EMA it celebrates it. And thats what most of us have problems with. 

I do however agree with you that N and M's friendship wasn't built properly nor was K and N's ruhani arzoo. Funnily, the only thing that felt bit organic was K and M's relationship and thats the one relationship that is being disregarded right now. 

Flame_of_Forest thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
very well written post.

and I have to put this disclaimer as well that I would never want anyone to face the hurt that comes through cheating.

but just by looking it from a fictional story perspective, I was more interested in Nandini and Kunal journey (not necessarily Kunan journey) or say Nandini story..may be because Mauli character journey I know, including a path of rising from the ashes..many leads resemble that. It is not that I do not like that journey, but it interests me more when there are deviations and explorations away from the usual routes.

I was looking forward for the paths that give a struggle between morality and love..the poignant feeling that was there on the promo track of "Ae dil izazat.."
unrequited love as one possibility..or a future track as you have mentioned in the post..separated ways for all characters and find their own ways of happiness, peace, self-building..all this with them realizing on their own about what they would want in life on the tests of morality, regret, love, forgiveness etc.

from the updates here it looks like CVs are going with their same old usual tracks instead of focusing on the complexities of the relations...the execution lacks to put grey shades. seems it is based on what works for TRP, so they make it either controversial or the same black vs white story and that too with the cliched mode, it looks like an easy way out..