Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sweetydoll32 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
Super update dear.. hope Arnav gets attracted to khushi in the first meet.. hope it will not be a love hate relationship.. please update soon
abivicky86 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
too good i am already in love with this story modern Arnav and a girl who is educated but a homely nature waiting for their meet
jyothirockz thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
It would be a shame for Arnav to let go of Khushi for a socialite like Tanuja and disgrace to his upbringing if he is disloyal to her post engagement or wedding
star_fan1 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Wonderful update loved it
Let's see how will be Arnav and Khushi's first meeting
Waiting for next update eagerly 
Zeehana thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Nice beginning. Looking forward to read it.
zebali thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Wao interesting.
Again arranged merry. 
Khushi is excited to. 
But as usual Arnav akdu khados hahaha. 
But Arnav is fully aware of what is going on with his life and his family . 
Tfpm. 
mskalasobti thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 3

Chapter 2

It is so like my father,'Arnav thought, to make up his mind in a hurry and

insist that I should be married to a girl I have never even seen, just

because  her father is his child hood friend.

But he knew that his father was speaking the truth when he said that

Raizada marriages were always arranged and that too to well educated,well bred girls.

Whatever anybody else may think, I will be the exception!' Arnav told

himself defiantly. He felt a deep depression seep over him at the thought of being married to her, however beautiful she might prove on acquaintance.

But he recognised as he spoke that it was going to be very difficult

and he would have to be extremely clever about it.

Di,I can't remember meeting this girl at any function.You say that they were there 7 years ago at Delhi but I don't think that I have met her.Arnav told Anjaly during breakfast.

"Please show me her photoArnav asked.

"No,chote,No way.You please go and meet her,Yourself.Anjaly said:

"What an absurd situation di,why so much drama?

"I am sorry, Arnav, Anjali said, "that you  have to marry someone with whom you are not in love. But you know as well as I do, dear brother, that our papa will  allow you to marry only a well bred girl,whether she is rich or not and definitely not from business world.He prefers only homely girls. And take my word chote,your wife to be is from a well educated family ,well bred, mind blowingly beautiful and talented . 

Arnav:I'm not interested. 

Anjali thought  with a smile:You won't say that when you meet her.

Hema,Khushi's aunt,urged her to get ready for temple in the evening.Hema insisted on wearing saree always when she went to temple.Khushi needed a lot of time to drape the saree and Hema was restless as she knew that Arnav was coming to meet her.Khushi was totally ignorant of the matter and Arnav insisted all in Gupta house to keep it as a  secret.

Arnav parked his car near the temple and waited outside with Aman.

After a long wait,he could see a girl gracefully descending the steps in front of the temple.She stood at the first landing.Looking at her now in the midst of light of the diyas , he

thought it would be impossible for any woman to be so lovely. He took every detail of her appearance.She was dressed in a beautiful chocolate colour saree, which seemed to reveal every curve of her breasts and hips.There was a thin necklace of pearls round her neck and she was holding a thali with both her hands.Her brown eyes were  fringed with long dark lashes.Is she Khushi?Aman asked .I don't knowArnav answered without taking his eyes from her.

She came gracefully through the steps and Arnav stared at her speechless.

He moved automatically towards the bottom of the steps. As Khushi was stepping down to the second landing she caught sight of  piercing gaze by a man whom she  recognized at once.He looked at her with an expression that made her body tremble and her heart pound wildly.Here is the man about whom she was dreaming all these years.She slowly descended to the third landing aware of his intense gaze.
Appalled by her own feelings and fear,she lost balance but two strong hands held her captive.They were staring into each other's eyes.Khushi could see his brown eyes piercing into hers.She couldn't control looking into his lips which made him raise one eyebrow.Khushi..Khushi..her aunt's voice startled both of them and swiftly they moved apart.

"So this is your Khushi.Aman said

Arnav was quiet.He didn't expect his wife to be so beautiful.

What he had not expected, and what was so astonishing, was that she seemed to vibrate as a personality which was impossible to put into words. Her long hair  and striking brown  eyes, her fair skin had undoubtedly attracted him.. There was something so exquisite in the drawing of her face and the grace of her body that, looking at Khushi for the first time, Arnav found himself spellbound.

Even Aman was staring at her.

Hema came forward and introduced each other.Still Arnav didn't speak.He continued watching her and an embarrassed Aman nudged him. He turned and walked away without mentioning a single word. When he turned from her in a   contemptuous manner, Khushi knew that she didn't want to marry him.He may be her dream man,he may be the most handsome,but now she was sure that she didn't want to marry such an arrogant person.After a moment of embarrassment Aman followed him.

"What an arrogant behavior as though he is the supreme authority.'.Khushi told Hema.:Shhh..khushi,don't talk like that.he may have his own reasons.Hema told.

"Why didn't you tell me that he would be coming today?'

"I had strict instruction from your father.And by the way how do you know that it is Mr.Raizada?Hema asked.

Khushi was taken aback and then said:I've seen..his..photographs in paper.'

As a very annoyed Khushi reached home,she saw Arnav's car parked in the portico .She was shocked and Hema hurried inside the house .

As Khushi entered the hall,she could see Arnav and Aman comfortably seated and talking to her father.She glanced at them and as she was trying to enter the nearby room,her father called:Beti,Mr.Raizada wants to talk to you.

Khushi first looked at her father and then at Arnav.

I want to talk to you.Arnav said.

"Uncle,let me see the surroundingsAman said.

"Ok,I'll also come with you.Tejeswar guided Aman outside and when both lef Arnav started speaking.Please be seated.

When Khushi was seated he continued talking.My family wishes me to marry you,but what's your opinion?

"My father wishes me to get married to you.What's your opinion?Khushi asked in return.

For a moment,Arnav was speechless,got annoyed and asked again.I think that we have to know each other more before taking a decision.What do you say?

"I was thinking the same.' We will have to work out our own of way of how to tackle this situation we find ourselves in.

Khushi answered.Now Arnav was angry.

"She is not shy like the country girls,she is bold,graceful though look innocent .Arnav thought.

She looked straight into his eyes and realized that to marry him  would be the most difficult and important challenge of her life. It is going to be difficult, very very difficult,Khushi.And then she realized one thing.She didn't want to marry him.He seemed very rude,arrogant and powerful not like the one in her dreams.

Arnav also looked back straight into her eyes and thought:whoever marries her has to tame her first to his way.She was not shy and  didn't look down as most of the country girls do,yet she was all feminine.Arnav left with a strange feeling which he couldn't explain.He felt uncomfortable.

When he left,she hurried to her father's side and said.Did you know that he was coming?

Of course beti.He told me not to inform you as he thought that it would be embarrassing to you.

Oh!that was not fair papa.And papa,I want to tell you something.I don't...don't want to marry him.

Tejeswar didn't pay any heed to her pleadings.He is the right husband for you.He kept on saying.

"

"He is not giving me a chance to

decide for myself whether I wish to marry Arnav singh Raizada or not.He avoided her words  and  she could bear it no longer.

With a little sob, she turned and ran from the room, the tears streaming

down her cheeks as she crossed the hall and climbed the stairs to her bedroom.

When she reached it, she slammed the door behind her and,  sat down on the bed, covering her face with her hands.

What am I to do? Oh, God, what am I to do?' .He is all a woman wishes to be her husband,but I can't God,I can't. "I want to marry someone who loves me and whom I love in return.He doesn't even like me.That was clear from his attitude.Moreover he has a girlfriend.I'm ignorant.What will I do?Please God,let this proposal be dropped.She continued saying to God.

"I am afraid," she said aloud. "I cannot help it -- I m afraid."

On the way to Varanasi,

,Aman asked:She is definitely what you didn't expect know?

After a few seconds,he said:No.

Then what's your decision?

"A big no

"Why?

Arnav didn't answer.How can he say that he had already developed an unknown feeling when he met and talked to her.

"Is it a fear, defeat or reluctant to accept the truth that she was definitely not he expected?

Aman: Listen to me. You are one of the wealthiest men in the country, you

are certainly the most handsome,  and although you seldom

consider it, one of the most intelligent. The girl you are going to marry though not that rich as you,is  a perfect match.

Arnav said mockingly."I am of course flattered by

your description of me, but I assure you I am extremely content with my present life .I don't want any change.

Aman:Yaa...content with the acclaimed beauty whom your family has not approved,the society has not approved  and to tell you the truth Arnav,I thought you had better tastes.

Arnav:You are my best friend otherwise I could have punched you.

Aman laughed.

When Arnav further drove away,  along the

road back to Varanasi, he found himself thinking of Tejeswar with a warmth

that had certainly not been in his mind a few hours earlier.

He liked him. There was no doubt about it, he liked his future father-in-law.

Then he remembered Khushi and felt a feeling of anxiety about

the future. "She's unlike anyone I have seen before.What shall I do?How can I tell my family or Aman that I'm definitely intrigued?Arnav thought.

"Her arresting face,musical voice,boldness,refined language are everything a man wishes in his wife but she is not suitable for the life of a business man.She would definitely make a country man the happiest."What in God's name," Arnav asked himself, "have I got in common with a country girl,but she didn't look country,in fact she was far beautiful and graceful than a modern girl.Arnav frowned and couldn't make up his mind.

She looked completely unlike anything Arnav had anticipated, yet at the

same time exceedingly beautiful,refined,very matured,bold and at the same time cute.She had an excellent command over 6 languages including English.She was definitely unpredictable.

When he reached his home,the next day,a very anxious Anjaly,Aakash and Nani asked atonce:Did you like her?

Arnav didn't reply but asked:Where is daddy?

"He.. went to meet... the priest ..to fix the engagement date chote.Anjaly answered reluctantly.

Arnav didn't reply but went to his room.Anjaly caught Aman's arm and said:Please tell Aman how was it?

"I think Di,, "I'm sure di,the devil is defeated(dear readers this sentence's credit goes to the title of a book):

Aman said.Otherwise he is intrigued.

Aman knew Arnav's thoughts very well.

"So,there is hopeAakash said.

"I think so.Aman said.

Despite two days of exhausting travel on the muddy and ill-kept roads Arnav looked fresh and elegant.

As he stood looking into the mirror,his dark brown eyes were very serious.

His thoughts were disturbed by the opening of the door as Aakash entered carrying a tray on which kept a bottle of beer and a glass,followed by Aman.

Arnav:I don't feel like drinking.

Aakash:Ok,bhai,is there any chance of celebration?

Arnav:She is ok,but I don't want to marry her.

Aakash felt disappointed.

Khushi came out of her bed-room onto the balcony to stand looking at the greenery in front of her.

Every time she saw a view of her village she thought it more beautiful than any other place in the world.What would be his decision?She was thinking the whole day.How can I leave papa and my home?

Edited by mskalasobti - 5 years ago
Savera84 thumbnail
Nice update.  Nothing major happened, other than the trip fall and catch.
But the important thing is they both are intrigued by the other.  Very good.
That is good enough for now to evoke affection and then love in the future.  I liked it.
Cheers...
hararnav thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Looks like even though they don't want to get married their families don't seem to bother.. So lets see how they change for thw sake of each other
CHUNNU99 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Arnav is smitten by Khushi's beauty. but he does not want to except it. awesome update. loved it. continue soon.