Views

Users

Frequent Posters

writerff thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 5 years ago

Originally posted by: SaritaMSK

The pleasure is all mine.

I wish I could do something to make this work popular in shivika fandom. This deserves so much love, attention and adulation.

Aww you read it and that is all that matters :)
writerff thumbnail

This is a continuation for the previous chapter. But this is just the tip of the iceberg, more will be unraveled soon. That is for Shivay and Anika to do :)What fun is it for every card to be revealed face up, right away? Do let me know what you think about this chapter :)

Chapter 30: 24 Hours, Part 2

Hours 12-24

1:45 PM Oberoi Mansion

"Billu, will you tell me what happened?" Asked Kalyani once again, within the span of 15 minutes. The sinking feeling in her heart told her that things were quite not right. One look at Shivay and she knew something was up. All he told her up until that point was that Tej was in trouble and that they had to let Param's assistant in. A troubled Tej and the mention of Param in one sentence was enough to let alarm bells go off. Wisely, Kalyani sent Saumya, Rudy and Prinku out, but try as much as she might Om was not to be fooled.

"Shivay, Mr Oberoi has done something to ma right?" He asked quietly. "Om,..I am sure that is not it. Isn't it Shivay?" Asked Jahnvi. Try as much as she could, her voice betrayed the fear she was trying to conceal. Earlier the day she received a text from Tej, "I am so very sorry Jahnvi. I swear on our kids, I did not mean for this to happen. Forgive me." That fact that the text came from an unrecognized number further added to her fears. 

"Khanna!" Thundered Shivay yet again, "Is that bloody assistant here yet?" He asked.  

Living with the Oberoi's and working for Shivay had prepared Khanna for many an unexpected thing in life. Now, often Khanna responded to even his deepest personal joys with absolutely stoicism. But, even he had to admit that to top all the happenings with Tej sir, the fact that the person he least expected to see and in these circumstances was  had stumped him. Eyeing her rather nervously, he returned her hesitant smile with a smile that was part fear and part shock. Praying for his life and for hers and for everyone's that day, he ushered her in.

Shivay was pacing, but before he could take the next step, his heart alerted his mind. "She is here!" He thought. Incredulous, Shivay turned towards the doorway just as Anika made her entry. She was a vision in pale blue. The usual loud colors that decorated her person were diminished to few bursts on the feet and arms. The pastel blue gave her an air of dignified respect. There was a sense of calm about her and if he was not mistaken a sheen of authority as well. This was an Anika he never encountered. 

"Anika beta!" Said Kalyani, "We were not expecting you. But, oh...now I see..." trailed off Kalyani, stumped. "Anika will you tell me what this is about?" Asked Om. Before she could even open her mouth to respond, Shivay walked up to her, caught her by the arm and said "What are you doing here? I want you to turn, walk out the same way you walked in. Don't make me repeat myself!"

"Mr Oberoi, I suggest you let go off my hand. I am sure you are worried. But I want you to calm down and back off." Said Anika, responding to Shivay's thunder with ice. 

Releasing her arm, Shivay called out to Khanna "Get her out of here. Once you are done, go down to Khurrana uncle's office and bring his assistant here. I am done waiting for him. He better be here within the next 10 minutes." 

"You are looking at Khurrana sir's assistant and it is a she. Now if you just calmed down and brief me about why I am here, we could be prepared for when sir comes." She added.

Listening to her Shivay expected a bunch of clowns come out tooting silly horns and screaming out "Punked!!". Oh what joy he would get beating each clown to pulp and then dealing with Anika for having dared to trivialize this whole thing.  But no such things happened. There was only silence, with a resolute Anika standing her ground. 

"Khanna, call up the police and get this woman arrested for identity theft. She is a con woman trying to dupe us into believing that she is an assistant to the esteemed lawyer Paramveer Khurrana thereby slandering his reputation." Said Shivay. 

Tears welled up and a hard lump formed in Anika's throat, but swallowing hard, struggling to practice the lawyer's calm she prided herself in, she said "You have a misunderstanding Mr Oberoi, I suggest you call up Mr Khurrana to confirm." 

"Shivay, Anika is right. She is Khurrana uncle's assistant." Affirmed Om, with Dadi and Jahnvi nodding in agreement. 

"Don't you guys see. This is a set up. I am sure she is Svetlana's pawn. You guys don't get it." He thundered and taking her arm once again was about to lead her out when Paramveer Khurrana walked in.

2:40 PM, Oberoi Mansion

"Shivay, I want your hand off my assistant this very instant" spoke Paramveer in a calm tone that made many a mobster quake in fear. But, Shivay simply looked him in the eye and said "Uncle you are mistaken. She is an orphan event planner. I am beginning to think she is Svetlana's mole. I expected better from you." 

Tears threatening to spill, Anika looked down at the ground wishing it would split any moment and swallow her whole.

Paramveer was perturbed, first at Shivay's accusations and second at Anika's reactions. The usual feisty girl who could hold her own seemed to falter a bit in front of Shivay. He was contemplating thus, when she turned and addressed him. "Sir, Mr Oberoi here has been greatly mistaken. I will let it go attributing it to the situation he must be in. Since I am not yet briefed of the situation at hand, I think it is best if I recuse myself from this case."

There she was! Thought Param, something was here. But he was obviously wise enough to turn to Shivay and say, "Shivay I suggest you get your facts right. Clearly you are the one mistaken. She is my associate now and was my student couple of years ago. I did mention it to you that you have no right to question my staff, my associates or my methods. Besides, threatening a member of the bar is a punishable offense. Ms Anika can press charges if she wants" he added nodding to her. 

Anika silently nodded in negation. "Now Shivay, if you let go of her, we can address the more important issues at hand." Said Param.

Angry and overwhelmed Shivay did release her hand but said "Khurrana uncle, I am no lawyer, but I know you are our primary legal counsel. I will not work with you associate. I will not decide for you whom to include or not, but I will not personally interact with your associate. Also, I want us to move quickly so that Daksh can be brought in." Saying so Shivay released Anika and walked away towards his private office.

Face betraying no emotion, Paramveer told Anika that he would be back and followed Shivay.

3:00 PM, Oberoi Lawns.

An awkward silence ensued. Jahnvi had her head resting in Dadi's lap and Om was brooding by the huge exotic tree in the garden. Feeling like an intruder, Anika tried her best to shut her eyes at what was happening and imagine herself in a happy place. That was trick that worked like a charm since her childhood, but today no amount of imagination helped her escape her present situation.

Gathering courage and walking up to Om, Anika mildly tapped on his shoulder and said, "I am so sorry to be here. I would leave, but I am here in official capacity too, I can't leave till Sir does." Turning to face Anika with a troubled smile, Om said "I am sorry about Shivay, Anika. I can't explain anymore. I am quite at loss as to what to do. I don't even know what is happening."

Taking a breath, Anika ventured, "Will you tell me who is Svetlana?. I promise I don't know a thing about this case. I was instructed to get here and to keep it top secret." Nodding

Om said, "I believe you Anika. Svetlana is Mr Oberoi's mistress.  She started off as a low level secretary in Shivay's offices and then somehow moved to Mr Oberois. In there she rose in ranks in matter of months and soon became his personal assistant and his mistress." Ended Om bitterly. Cautious yet, Anika asked, "Was she the first?." "No" said Jahnvi in a small voice. Hearing his mom speak, shattered something in Om and the usually placid Oberoi banged his fist to the tree. A display of temper rare from him and new to Anika.

"I am sorry aunty, I didn't meant to pry." Said Anika. "It is Ok, beta, you will eventually find out. She is not the first, likely not the last, but she is the first to last this long." Continued Jahnvi bitterly. "I am worried about what she has done though. It is hard to shake a man like Tej and that too for a woman. However attractive she may be, she must have done something really major. Tej is not the one to box into a corner so easily. I am really worried about him now."

"Mom enough. I am about done with him. Anika," said Om turning to face her now, "I want you to help draft divorce papers. This marriage ended a long time ago. It has to end officially now."

3:00 PM Shivay's Private Office

"I want you to fire Anika." declared Shivay. "Not happening. Don't waste time questioning me. We have to get to work." Said Paramveer.

A few minutes of silence ensued. Both men were making their own private plans as they stared at each other. Both had earned reputations of being the best and ruthless albeit in different domains. 

"Fine. But my conditions hold. Also, I will have her and her home wired." Said Shivay.

"You won't wire her or her home. She will however sign a NDA, your terms." He added before Shivay could disagree. A tense moment passed, "Ok." Said Shivay.

"Now, let us get to work. So how many weeks pregnant did Svetlana say she is?" Asked Param.

5:00 PM Oberoi Mansion Drawing Room.

Things were really complicated. Anika did not know what to do. On one hand there was Om, convinced of getting his parents divorced and on the other was Jahnvi who would hear none of it.

She was about to reach her limit with this sense of inactivity when Param and Shivay made their appearance. 

Before anyone could say as much of a word, Shivay handed Anika a legal document and said, "Miss Anika, here is a NDA I require you to sign if you wish to proceed with this case as Mr Khurrana's assistant." Shivay nearly flung the papers at her more than hand them to her. 

Reading the NDA has Anika outraged. Collecting herself and remembering that she was not a mere nobody anymore, Anika cooly asked, "Mr Oberoi, before I sign this document, I have few clarifying questions. As per this document, Mr Khurrana's client, the one who requires legal council is Mr Tej Singh Oberoi, is that correct?"

"So you know to read. Yes" smirked Shivay. 

"As per this document, Mr Tej Singh Oberoi has engaged the services of Mr Paramveer Khurrana, Esq to provide legal council with representation by Mr Daksh Khurrana, Esq if and when representation is required in a court of law. Do you agree?"

"Yes." Said Shivay now irritated. 

"Ok then." Said Anika as she signed the papers. 

"Now you listen, You say what I do, the day I discover your association with Svetlana, you will be behind bars" thundered Shivay. 

"Mr Oberoi, Law is not your specialty, so let me educate you. The document I signed makes Mr Tej Singh Oberoi and Mr Paramveer Khurrana my bosses. Unless Mr Tej Singh Oberoi grants you legal representation, you have no rights to question or direct my actions. Any attempt to do so will see you face charges of extortion and intimidation of legal council. I am sure you do not want to be embroiled in that case now. I am hired by Mr Khurrana and by his discretion Mr Tej Singh Oberoi. I see no reason to answer any of your questions or follow any of your directives. Infact till Mr Tej Singh Oberoi grants Mr Khurrana and by extension me, a written permission to share information with regards to the case with you, I am not obliged to share any information with you under the clause of client confidentiality. So Mr Oberoi, I suggest you provide me the required documentation before talking to me." Finished Anika.

Param was internally laughing, he took good bets with this girl. Face still somber, he turned to Anika and said, "Let us go. I need to brief you on the details of this case."

And right there, under Shivay's nose, Anika turned on her heel and walked out.

7:00 PM Shivay's room.

Shivay smashed his phone, the bookcase, the coffee table and now his tie which was quite hard to rip was the subject of his temper.

Om walked in to confront Shivay. He needed to know. One look at Om's face and Shivay's anger dissolved and was instantly replaced by concern. 

"Shivay, you need to tell me what happened. For ma's sake. Please" the silent plea disarmed Shivay. Sighing, Shivay nodded and started to tell him, "Svetlana claims to be pregnant by Bade papa. He of course, is not the father. Svetlana knows too. However, she has demanded that he marry her, declare her the legal Mrs Tej Singh Oberoi, transfer Bade ma's, your's, Rudy's and Prince's shares and his share in the Oberoi Industries over to her. Failing to do so she plans to release a 3 page dossier of some of Bade papa's darkest secrets to the media. Along with that, she has a doctored recording of Bade papa committing a murder which she plans to sell to the media." He waited a beat for Om to take it all in, "Of course the major problem is with one of the documents in the dossier. The one about the government lobby deal that really is our concern. The rest can be taken care of."

It was best to rip the band aid thought Shivay. Om grew even more silent. Walking away from Shivay, Om turned to face the pool. "How can you be sure he didn't do it. That the baby is not his. It is Mr Oberoi we are talking about." Said Om.

10:00 PM Anika's house.

"Anika didi, what happened? I have been waiting for you for so long!! Maine khana bhi nahi khaya." Pouted Sahil. "Sorry Sahil," sighed Anika. Hearing the weariness in Anika's voice, Sahil leaned over concerned and said "Didi, tum nahalo, I will have dinner ready for us. Joshi aunty gave us some methi thepla and undhiyu. Let me heat it up. Mai saab seekh gaya."

"Thank you mere hero," said Anika making her way to take a shower.

Under the cold shower head, Anika let her tears mix with the shower water. The ice cold water was a reminder that hot showers were a luxury, just like respect. She hated that life had brought her face to face with Shivay again. Somehow he disarmed her. He was the one guy she didn't want to battle, but life was pushing them into combat every single second of her existence. 

Everything she struggled to build, he was threatening to shatter. Param Sir said that she did a wonderful job handling him, but only she knew that the calm was a mask she put on. Internally her heart thudded against her chest, stronger with every single word she uttered. With every single word of hers, she saw those blue eyes turn bluer and colder, menacing as she ended. The worst part was she was doing her job.

Shivering, she walked out of the shower and dressed quickly. She would not let him grind her down. She would fight him.

12:45 am- 13:00 am, Shivay's bedroom, the end of 24 hours.

The Oberoi's would conquer them all. Shivay knew that, but now was the time he would acknowledge that little voice that he was trying to silence.

Shivay grew up taking great pride in his family. They were the Oberoi's the royalty of today's world. Sure the Oberoi's were not perfect, but that was not for the world to know, especially the likes of Anika. 

The fact that the imperfections of his family would be exposed to her tormented him. He needed her to believe in the perfections of his family, he needer her to think that he was perfect. 

But "Why?"... He was not ready to answer that question yet.

24 hours and a woman named Svetlana had changed a lot for Shivay and Anika. Both made resolves that they would not be able to stick. But then, the story just got started.

Edited by writerff - 5 years ago
Surya.Ravi thumbnail
very intriguing update..the tashan between Anika and Shivaay is awesome...👏
sosweetsumi thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
wow i am happy anika gave it back to Mr Arrogant
i am loving this
sveltlana is playing a dangerous and cunning game
just want my supergirl anika to save tej and shivaay being floored by this
haha will love to see his reaction.
abhilashasharma thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
Hi, I think Im posting the comment for the first time. Just that it took time for me to catch with all the updates.

I need to agree that you are doing a fantastic job in taking IB forward with all the characters intact as we are introduced to. Suprise package was the deceased Mahi and an educated Annika. Keep going gal!
LoveMyself_sri thumbnail
Wow interesting.Update soon
writerff thumbnail

Originally posted by: MysticRiver

very intriguing update..the tashan between Anika and Shivaay is awesome...👏

Thank you!
writerff thumbnail

Originally posted by: abhilashasharma

Hi, I think Im posting the comment for the first time. Just that it took time for me to catch with all the updates.

I need to agree that you are doing a fantastic job in taking IB forward with all the characters intact as we are introduced to. Suprise package was the deceased Mahi and an educated Annika. Keep going gal!

Thank you! Glad you liked it :). I think whoever first thought of the characters did a good job with them.
The characters are solid, yet fluid to change the story as needed.
writerff thumbnail

Originally posted by: virikasri

Wow interesting.Update soon

Thank you!
writerff thumbnail

Originally posted by: sosweetsumi

wow i am happy anika gave it back to Mr Arrogant

i am loving this