Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

siya_16 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago

Originally posted by: -indulekha-

Sorry for the delay.I couldn't complete typing with unexpected guests and all.

No worries!! Take your time.. post whenever u get free!
Indulekha00 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Part 3

The interview had first focused mainly on music with a few not too personal questions to the team members. The interviewer saved her chat with Manik towards the end of the show.

"Manik, I remember you saying that the music created by your band reflects the spirit of Fab 5. They are peppy, boisterous, joyful which celebrates friendship, youth and love. But lately a few songs have a touch of bereavement in them, a depth of longing so beautifully expressed by your voice," she paused seeking the right approach to broach a personal question to the one who always warned 'no personal questions', without antagonizing the celebrity. she thought of the rumors that circulated about the lead singer of Fab 5 having a steady girlfriend since college. 

" Say for example the first track, which if I am right is the last song created in this album. So Manik how much does your personal experience enrich the theme of your present album 'Fireflies'?

Manik laughed clapping his hands, "Seriously Jenny, I like your way of probing. Your question though so simple puts forth so many questions."

"Really?" Jenny smiled sheepishly.

"Really," Manik smiled back.

"So how about an answer then?"

"Well, which one do you want me to answer," he teased. "Am I in a relation? Does the strain of longing in the songs hint of a break up?  Is Manik Malhotra turning into a Devdas?"

He mocked ticking off each question on his fingers.

"How about all of them?" Jenny asked hopefully.

"Well then," he replied charmingly, "here goes..."

He looked straight at the camera and declared, "Yes, I am in a relation.."

"Really? Jenny asked excited about the exclusive news she was about to reveal. "Who is.. she started to ask but was interrupted by Manik.

"No, I don't wish to reveal her identity because I don't want her to be troubled by, he gestured by lifting his chin towards Jenny, "you know, the curious media. He smiled making the rebuff gentle.

"So, she is to be a mystery?

"Yes, until the time I am ready share her with the world.

"Oh! So Manik Malhotra is a possessive boyfriend?

"You could say that I am possessive about my love... possessive and chauvinist enough to want to protect her. But knowing my Tara she is quite capable of handling any situation.

He smiled thinking of the way Nandini never backed off from a challenge and met any trouble head on.

"Tara? Is that her name?

"Is it? do you think so? he smiled teasingly.

"No, but I am sure you must have a reason to call her so. Would you tell us why?

"Coz She promised to be my star and to shine for me, always.

"Aha! How and when did you meet?

"On the highway to Mumbai.. Pretty dramatic too, the bus she was traveling in collided with our jeep... he paused, remembering that he hadn't known that fact until much later.

"Hey buddy, you missed out the most important part, Dhruv pointed out. "that you made the fireflies glow!

"Yes, of course, how could I miss that? Thanks buddy. He patted Dhruv's shoulder. Then leaned forward to rub his hands together as he stated dramatically. "I made her fireflies glow.

"Fire flies? Came the perplexed question as Manik expected. "What does fire flies...she paused, connecting the words to the name of their new album Fireflies'. She noted the way the friends looked at her with similar expression.. the anticipation of her next question.

So Fab5 was here with some purpose, she realized. She should have guessed as much, she thought, when the elusive band had suddenly accepted the request to appear in her chat show, after being turned down so many times in the past months. Well that meant she was not the one in control of the interview. Yet, did it really matter, she pondered, when she had the exclusive privilege of not just hosting Fab 5, but they had even promised to let her present one of their songs from the new album.

"Sorry, let me re frame the question.. how are fire flies significant in your love story with Tara?

"My Tara believes that the fire flies glow brightly when they are near true love.

"Really?

"Really. Manik nodded his head.

"Every time?

"Well, let us just say whenever the three of us were together.

"I guess many of our viewers will put that theory to test soon. Jenny laughed.

"Are you going to test the theory too, Jenny? Mukti teased. "Manik, I believe you will be responsible for the increase in breakups that is about to happen.

They all laughed.

"Your Tara seems to be a person with intriguing ideas! jenny added, "tell us more about her ... without revealing her identity of course!

"Ummm... she has this quality of sensing goodness in everything, the calm way of looking at and understanding a situation, ready to help anyone in need, so fiercely loyal... At times so nave and innocent that it inspires you protect her... he closed his eyes for a moment, trying to break off the loneliness and longing that always accompanied the memories of her. Then with a smile added, "She is sneaky too.. because she cast her claim on me before I could even recognize her intentions.

"To answer your question about if I am turning into a Devdas, well may be.. he continued, "while Devdas sought refuge in the bottle, I rely on music.

"Can I ask one personal question? You need to answer this because you can't have your fans, especially your female fans die of curiosity!

"But of course... no deaths on me please ! Manik inclined his head in acceptance.

" Okay.. why?

"Sometimes a separation makes you realize how important that person is to you... do you need the person you love to be with you in person to say that you are together?  If love ceases to exist with distance, it was never love in the first place.. don't you think?

"Yes, that is right! Jenny agreed.

"But then loneliness does have a way of eating into your confidence... we need reassurances... he looked at Jenny and gestured towards the stage set in the studio, "with your permission..

At Jenny's nod Fab 5 moved to the stage.

Taking the Guitar, Manik looked straight at the camera, " If I am  asked how much she means to me... If I am asked if I miss you then I would say...

His fingers strummed on the guitar as Kabir whistled melodiously... then he started to sing...

Mujhse Hi Aaj Mujhko Mila De
Dekhoon Aadaton Mein, Tu Hai Ki Nahi
Har Saans Se Pooch Ke Bataa De
Inke Faaslon Mein, Tu Hai Ki Nahi

Mujhse Hi Aaj Mujhko Mila De
Dekhoon Aadaton Mein, Tu Hai Ki Nahi
Har Saans Se Pooch Ke Bataa De
Inke Faaslon Mein, Tu Hai Ki Nahi

Main Aas-Paas Tere Aur Mere Paas..
Tu Hai Ki Nahi
Tu Hai Ki Nahi
Tu Hai Ki Nahi
Tu Hai Ki Nahi...

Then the video song of the album started to play.. showing blurred images of a couple spending moments together in the steps of Music wing... fading out to Manik sitting there alone .. walking through the corridors of Space...

Daudte Hain Khwaab Jinpe Raasta Woh Tu Lage
Neend Se Jo Aankh Ka Hai Waasta Woh Tu Lage
Tu Badalta Waqt Koi Khushnuma Sa Pal Mera
Tu Woh Lamha Jo Na Thehre Aane Waala Kal Mera

Main Aas-Paas Tere Aur Mere Paas..
Tu Hai Ki Nahi
Tu Hai Ki Nahi
Tu Hai Ki Nahi
Tu Hai Ki Nahi...

The song played images of Fab 5 together with Manik always apart as if lost elsewhere... at times scanning thru the images in his phone

In Labon Pe Jo Hansi Hai Inki Tu Hi Hai Wajah
Bin Tere Main Kuch Nahi Hun Mera Hona Bewajah
Dhoop Teri Na Pade To Dhundhla Sa Main Lagun
Aake Saansein De Mujhe Tu Taaki Zinda Me Rahun
Main Aas-Paas Tere Aur Mere Paas...

The song ended with the band walking forward with Manik a step behind them as if lost in his own world, the vigor missing in his steps...

Tu Hai Ki Nahi
Tu Hai Ki Nahi
Tu Hai Ki Nahi
Tu Hai Ki Nahi...

Tu Hai Ki Nahi
Tu Hai Ki Nahi
Tu Hai Ki Nahi
Tu Hai Ki Nahi...

PS: so that was the final part of this OS... hope you liked it. 😃

Well, do i really need to mention what decision Nandini took? I am sure you have guessed that it is an YES after her musings on Manik Malhotra's  declaration.😉

Edited by -indulekha- - 6 years ago
RomComFan thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Ben forever since I've been on this forum , but so glad I chose to today...lovely story, wonderful job