Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Nynaeve thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago

Originally posted by: Cogito_Ergo_Sum

Nynu---you truly are the sweetheart of the forum---perhaps across all forums. ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿค— Giving the gift of your time, affection and commitment to create such wonderful threads---shows how wonderful a person you are, how marvelous a pal.

I will accept I am a wonderful person, for that is the only way I could have a friend as you๐Ÿ˜ณ

The sequel to Yuan Fen was so sweet---it made me recall how much I had loved that birthday gift of yours for Lucky, and now we have a tale to round it off, as it were, to give us a picture of Sanskaar and Swara's marital life.

When I first wrote out Yuan Fen, which as I had said, was an adaption of O'Henry's very short tale, I had no intention of writing a sequel where they both discover themselves. But then I could not resist writing out a sequel as to how they fare as lovers, for despite their firm resolve to love their partners, they were not in love with each other

It was all so warm and cuddly yet so very practical and sensible---Sanskaar's way of saying that they needed some time to develop the solid grounding of affection before moving to a marital relationship, Swara's earlier part nervous, part snarky response to her Dadi's 'tutoring' ๐Ÿ˜†, the way Swara felt guilt after receiving the shawl, and of course, the final reveal which left the couple with such joy in their hearts. For they were in love with their soulmate even before they realized it; and it is a supremely delicious irony that each had resolved to place their full commitment in the person they were going to marry, deciding firmly to 'forget' the way they had each felt an instant connection with that stranger they'd glimped so briefly in Sikkim. ๐Ÿ˜ณ

As I mentioned above, they did need time to truly develop affections, and it is good that both felt the same, imagine the circus if only one of them felt they needed the time I was not sure as to who should have the "honour" of "tutoring" the bride and finally decided that good old Dadi should do the trick๐Ÿ˜†. Swara did feel guilty, for having an infatuation and more so, as she said, wasting her time moping for a dream which was more of an illusion. And as you said, the joy was unbelievable and logic defying which is why the joy was more pronounced.

I loved the Swara---Ragini bonding here. They seemed more understanding and affectionate as jethani--devrani here than they ever were as half sisters in the serial. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Do not get me started on the serial - they (the CVs) ruined every relationship, in the end even Swara and Sanskaar's (when he apologised for her walking out) and since I like "feel good" stories, I made both of them quite understanding of each other๐Ÿ˜‰

And the part of describing Ragini as a statuesque idol, with the ornate mangalsutra and the lavish spread of sindhoor...๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿคฃ That was pure gold. Your customary gift of a flash of humor and insight, tucked in as a delicious treat in between the narrative. ๐Ÿ˜ณ Brought back so many memories of watching Ragini decked up to the nines in the serial. But somehow, Teju managed to carry it off, no? She looked so much, like you said, a sculpted idol. A fascinating character study, of how someone looking so serene and exquisite can hide such a turmoil of destructive emotions within (in the serial character portrayal I meant, not the Ragu here, whom I loved to bits. ๐Ÿ˜ณ)

I personally do not like the way most people expect the women to wear the marital symbols and the drama that accompanies the removal of the same in certain circumstances. It makes my skin crawl. (well another of my eccentricities). But as you said, Teju carried it off with aplomb, that layers of make up, various dresses (gaudy sarees, to those chiffon ones and those half sarees and even that western dress - she really could carry them off). And given her dark mind and bright face, a calm expression hiding a tumultous mind - brilliant character upto a certain point, till the CVs decided to ruin her redemption and subsequently her character. Ragu here does carry some remnants of the serial one, but is quite sure and secure of her role, especially as Laksh's wife so is quite lovable. 

I completely loved the tale...and if I may be so bold, I think O' Henry would have loved the initial adaptation you customized for SwaSan and this delectable sequel, too. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

And @bold above,that is the greatest compliment I can get๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Loads of Love & Hugs,

---Viji

Dear Viji,

Replied in blue above,

Missing you a lot.

love,
Nyna
Nynaeve thumbnail

Originally posted by: Anahita_Leve

Dear Nyna,
O' Henry would have been really proud if he got chance to read this peace. This OS had been pure magic just like your other works. You showed Swara as a real human being. She had her own share of follies and insecurities. That working women vs housewife DIL scenario, ahh you might have touched many girls' raw nerve there.

The gradual development of love between Swasan felt so beautiful, so real. It's a story of many couples who have find their loverall after marriage. But Swasan had been puppets of fate. Destiny had snatched their first love from them, but returned in another form. At first, it was love at first sight,;second time love seeped in and grew with time.

That "ravishing" scenario cracked me up. BTW.

Love,
Dyuti

Dear Dyuti,

You are second one to say that O"Henry would have been proud to read this piece. Believe me, I have been in an emotional state over the past few days, and today when I finally decided to get around to replying, I am almost in tears over this. Thank you.

I try to make them as real as possible- with all the attendant human frailties - so glad to know that I succeeded. And yes, that conflict and guilt - absolutely relatable.

Well, theirs was a sort of an arranged marriage and physical intimacy from day one could be frightening. It does not happen in real life, but in my story, it is my world so it did happen. And it did turn out to be all the more beautiful, worth the wait of four months. The"ravishing" scene - good, right, my revenge for the mahaan avataar of the serial Swara๐Ÿ˜‰

love,
Nyna
Nynaeve thumbnail
Dear Kamila,

I seriously loved reading about your post marriage adventures and I have to tell you, girl, both you and your husband are very very lucky to find each other. Take it from you, getting a guy who is willing to wait, no matter what the reasons, is a blessing. And a wife who, for reasons of her own, does not mind, he is blessed.

I do not mind wearing jewellery, it is just that I hate being forced to do so, especially those which indicate the marital status and I abhor the forcible removal of the same. I hate them - with a vengence - Militant Marxist that is me! So I had the best person to mouth those dialogue - Sujata. And to digress, in the early times those symbols were actually designed to prevent such proposals in the first place though with time we have destroyed the purpose and sanctity of them, giving absolute importance to the symbols while the entire relationship is overlooked.

I did not count the number of rows that Ragini wore, but I just took a wild guess. I am glad you liked the story and that it brought back so many memories for you.

love,
Nyna

Originally posted by: Seriously.

Nynu this post is for you, I have read half of the story upto the parcel. Guess what my mobile battery down, will read further give me my rant, ohh I have one big one. Once my mobile charged. 

See you then baby(wink)

Hey back babe... It was wonderful sarcasm dripping update. I can't express in words how much I loved it??? And I'm great full to get introduce to this sarcastic side of yours baby. 

Ohh good I'm very excited and I'm sure I'm going to blurt out everything.  

I can clearly say how much you're effected by their ornaments and presentation. Yeah like me. I never liked that small part of singhar over Swara's head nor thick cloth of vermilion over Ragini's. I loved small amount of Vermillion over the end of third parting.

Babe have you counted the rows of Ragini's mangalsutra. That was hilarious one. And I loved their bonding. I have co-sisters like ragini. 

I loved the way how you used the words baby to address every emotions of Swara. Claps for you. Nope bowing my head. After a long time I'm reading your work. You know how much it refreshing me.

And I strongly accept sujata point of view. I have the same one. Everyone calls me communist here. Rolling my eyes baby. I need nothing to show everyone that I was taken by my husband. But at the same time it leads me to miserable situations like getting a proposals whether a love or for marriage. It make me feel disgusting. Feeling someone eyeing me. Though my husband never allowed me to wear mangalsutra. 

And Sanskaar Maheswari what can talk about this man who you portrait Soo well. Just fell in love with him again. 

And about coming to dadi... I don't know how you going to take my words. But find when a closed relationship especially the elder ones explain about such personal thing to their your ones, I completely find it incest or taboo. It s a vocal version that's all. And you taken me to my past where I got married and stuck in that kind of situation. 

You know that it was a forced marriage for me for my husband it was a blackmailed marriage. He was 12th baby for his mother. When we got married she was 60. So you get what will the blackmail. In our initial stage he never acknowledged me. And I being me I was happy for that.  Because I was having a handful problems. Mom who is on mission embarrass you. By bringing your personal life in public. Asking everyone to enquire about my personal life with my husband. And my studies... 

Most of that my knowledge about that couple thing is so less. Which I gained watching movies. Just ordinary movies baby not 'A' movie. So my mom got my aunty her younger sister who is as crazy as me, not as rude as me, to explain me about that. This was happening after my marriage. She started, I didn't do anything I was already having 105 degree fever. Coz of everything. I screamed from the pit of my stomach even before she get to the matter. And there was this knock on the door. Scolding she opened the door their stood every males of my family,(in my family we have tradition that girl should stay in her house at wedding night.) Behind everyyyone stood my husband, that was a big embarrassment filled every inch of me, she told everyone that I screamed for nothing but for the cockroach, it started then it's still continuing now. Everyone tease me for nothing. 

And my initial months with my husband was like a war. He is OCD, I'm clumsy just calculate the equation, find the outcome babe. Yeah marvelous isn't it. He always have this scowl and frown on his face. He always treated unwanted. And I was happy with that, if he wants me, that will be my biggest problem. If his mother scolds him he simply ask her if I asked you this. You wanted this so enjoy it. 

I can't blame him fully, I have equal part in that. Once there was this cockroach entered in our room, my husband was shouting cockroach.. cockroach..(like a herione) I searched everywhere and found a book, smashed that book on that red insect and killed it. And there he was standing on the bed screaming nooo... Then I found out that book was his favorite one, and got some lecture how that I'm not a sensible person. Lot more are there baby. 

What everyone do if a mosquito bites you?? You crush that with your fingers. That's what I did. He scolds me. For being unhygienic. He still do that. He just shh.. the mosquito.

Your story brought my memory back. 

And there is a lot of mistake are there in my typing. Please spare me.

Love you baby...

Kam.

Nynaeve thumbnail
And with this, I have caught up with all the replies. Thank you all for reading and your lovely  feedback.

love,
Nyna
Sparkler8 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Nynaeve

August 24

And it is that time, to wish a friend, one who like her name brings sparkles into our lives. 

Her tales are marvellous as enchanting and spell binding as her themes her. 

So on this happy occasion, let us celebrate a birthday, for

So here is it for Sharon (Sparkler8)

And from all of us:

Hi Nyna

First of all, great big hug to you ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

My birthday is my best day of the year. Not just because I was born on that day๐Ÿ˜†,  but because I feel like the star of the day. And for some incomprehensible reason, I am angry at anyone who should know my birthday forgets to wish me on that day. I can take belated wishes but forgotten takes a lot to forgive.

Well, this year I celebrated my 26th with a bunch of new friends who made me feel so loved as though I have known them for years. I thought no other friend of mine would do what they did for me on my birthday. I was wrong. 

Nyna, I cannot tell you how happy I am reading through this thread. More so that you did it for me even though you had a strong reason to let it slide. Inspite of your sickness and other commitments, you took time to set up this thread, wake the regulars up and write a sequel to Yuan Fen. Girl, you are fantastic! I consider myself lucky to have met you and share this friendship with you. 

On this occasion, I remember a quote from E.B. White:
"It's not often that someone comes along who is a true friend and good writer."
People like you are rare, Nyna. I am a collector of such rare gems. I have very few people I call friends. And today I realised, I had a new addition to my limited collection. 

I have not started reading the OS yet. I plan to read it with a mind that is not somersaulting in the multitude of emotions. So I will be back with a comment on that. However, I could not bear to keep you waiting any longer (I am already 5 months late!) so came to express whatever came to my mind. Will sort me out and be back with the review on your OS.

P.S. Since you seem to be interested in Chinese phrases, I think you would love to listen to this song called Zhen Ai. 

Cheers
Sharon

Edited by Sparkler8 - 6 years ago
Yuvika_15 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Thread reopened as per request. 
Nynaeve thumbnail

Originally posted by: Yuvika_15

Thread reopened as per request.