Anant Mathur - dark side?

silvermoonlight thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 6 years ago
I am really liking the show thus far.
They nailed the star cast - all actors are doing great in their roles and the entire cast has this chemistry between them...they all gel onscreen quite well.

Anant said something interesting to Ahana in today's episode...about how the person in front of you can bring out the good or darkness in you

As of now Ahana is bringing out the good in Anant...but I feel like that line was a bit for foreshadowing...as if we are only seeing one side of Anant...a caring man and doting father...but we still have to see his 'dark' side.  

I wonder if Anant is as clean cut as he seems to be?  I was reading that Anant also cheats on Ahana with Laila?  It will be interesting to see what or who causes the breakdown of their marriage

Laila is a pretty interesting character...so far she has been portrayed as a gold digger.  However I feel like she was once like Ahana and was betrayed somehow...would like to know about her more and how she became the way she is.  

Edited by silvermoonlight - 6 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

fun_games thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I just started to watch thei show. Really really enjoyed. It was like a breath of fresh air in all the nonsensical shows around.

I do hope the makers stays true to their story & follow it through. Fingers crossed.

Yes would love to see Anant's dark side too. Lets see 😊
me_Rill thumbnail
same thot crossed my mind when he said  "ek insaan me achche bure..." we need to prepare for that version too,franfly i would love to see that ,hope wont anything to do with ahana n rehan khanna😊 
me_Rill thumbnail

Originally posted by: fun_games

I just started to watch thei show. Really really enjoyed. It was like a breath of fresh air in all the nonsensical shows around.

I do hope the makers stays true to their story & follow it through. Fingers crossed.

Yes would love to see Anant's dark side too. Lets see 😊

@bold hope so.. show get gd trps bcz sp is not liberal as zee n sony😡
Edited by me_Rill - 6 years ago
Flame. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
That would be a really interesting angle to explore - Anant's dark side triggered by not one, but two betrayals - one from his beloved wife and another from someone he sees as his son. 

Also later on  I would love to see how Ahana deals with her feelings about her mother, for she would have committed a sin similar to that her mother once did. Will she see her mother in a different light? And most importantly how will she feel about  her own self? Out of guilt and love, which feeling will be overpowering, all consuming?
So many amazing facets to explore.  
..MiStLeToE.. thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
I am totally with you on this. I also felt it was foreshadowing. . .Ahana is bringing out good in Anant as of now but she just might be reason of his dark side too. . .probably if Ahana falls for Rehaan- the downfall would start then. Also somewhere I feel the picture Ahana paints of her father isn't really all that true. . .he might be the real wreck who forced Laila to turn into what she has become or atleast present herself as. I have a feeling Anant will probably turn into the uncovered and unknown bad side of Ahana's father and then Laila's vulnerable real troubled past might come into light too in front of Ahana.
sajinifaby thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Interesting responses.. wud like to wait n watch for now...
SweetRogue thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I've read that in ask I memmu marital rape is shown. That would be very, very dark. And I want them to show it here because it's an issue that we  as a country definitely need to focus on instead of denying it's existence. There's no better way than art to bring social issues to light because it has such a large reach
2RsFan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
In the original Anant's character raped Ahana
RishuDarling thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Showing the dark side to Anant's character (like the marital rape) would indeed be a perfect way to ensure discussions on this delicate / sensitive and horrific topic. It is unfortunately a painful topic but part of the daily reality. And it's high time this is accepted and should be addressed to.
Anant is the perfect character. Outward handsome pleasant charming man. Due to circumstances, unanswered feelings of love lust and frustration he will misbehave in this unforgivable manner.. Rapist are not perse the ugly, the criminals, drunk etc. They can be the one closest to you.

I have not seen the turkish show, but I am excited and curious to see what will be shown to us. 

Your comments, made me think of a line in a song text 'John Doe' (it's about addiction though)
I have copied the last part of it but it is the line 'that what you judge you become' made me think of Ahana. She chooses the easy way out. The path of revenge in stead of self reflection and confrontations and trying to understand the other person. 

Girls often put their dad on a pedestal. I assume Ahana is the youngest. Saloni said to Ahana you think of i'll of mom but she is not a bad person. Perhaps Saloni knows more about their parents relationship. Perhaps the dad is not 100% a hero (which is ok.. Dad's can have weaknesses too) 

A part of the song text, John Doe:

I spent so much time as an underground artist
Cause I was afraid to succumb to the business
And what I'd become
But that what you judge you become
The path with the greatest resistance
That's how the tables can turn, when they pivot
And change your perspective and flip your entire position

My whole life I've been dying and wishing to live and experience
Everything possible
When I told them my dreams, they just said it ain't logical
Now, I can see it - it's optical