Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

BitterBerry thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 6 years ago
As all of comments stated, The reason is in the mindset of people. Its like if you are tasting something for too long and are used to it, anything out of the cup will taste different and, in many case unacceptable. majority Indian TV audience is like that.They don't want to see the change. They want to see drama that glorifies their own mindset not something that contradicts them. When a show like aarambh comes as a cutting that trend its unacceptable. And to get used to such shows we need more shows like this! I think with shows like Aarambh, it's also the beginning of a new era in the TV industry. 
As far as TRP is concerned,  I am really worried. With such ratings I don't know how far SP will support the show. 
tttttt1 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Just watched today's episode ... I think the show will catch up ...this mode of story telling is a little more refined than the previous one (devasena-Varun dev part 1)
Part 1 was beautiful but this one has more drama and supporting cast is just amazing
Unlike thangam n dayalini ... sambavija is beyond dark and beautifully sketched .. the woman is definition of a power corrupt evil queen ( read king because we are used to evil kings doing such things ) ... her characterisation is one of the most daring female characters ever
Silamban is also a very well written character... the way he tries to counter her by predicting her moves is very interesting
Comic relief is not too misplaced especially when the ML is nomadic and carefree

Usually I am uneffected by TRPs ... but the one deserves a good audienceEdited by tttttt1 - 6 years ago
MS-meghasharma thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
One reason I think is that it is in direct competition with saregama which is like no 1 show currently & I also feel it should come at 10 pm slot so that it won't have much competition from little champs & secondly every show that has a good story line , intriguing characters are a failure at trp ratings . Most of my fav shows are flop in terms of the parameter set to judge a show's success. The fact that a women can actually look after an entire kingdom instead of just cooking in her kitchen is indigestible to our Indian audiences . They don't like strong female characters who wants to lead life on their own terms instead of following the norms set by society depicted in our Indian telly shows . Unless until devasena cries for 100 years & bear torture , humiliation our trp audience can't sympathise with her . Sad but true .
Twinkle.MaNan thumbnail
No repeat telecast at all on sunday πŸ˜²πŸ˜‘ i missed the saturday episode and wait for the whole day but the channel did not air it at all πŸ˜‘
Suitsfan thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
We are probably forgetting a major thing.

Weekend slot on star plus has never been successful. They tried many genre- cop/detective, reality show, one hour special of tv shows running, movies. Nothing worked. Reality shows like NB got low ratings cause audience had better choices. Star plus has always struggled in weekend genre and no matter how much they mixed and switched it never worked in their favor. No it's not really a shocker their weekend shows don't get much trp. 0.5 on SP in like daily rating on Sony. 

Whatever others have said is valid point (no manhandling, we Indians biases views regarding beauty,) but this is also a major setback. I almost wished arambh wasn't on SP cause they don't promote promising shows well and let it die slowly.
NidhaA thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
This show is quiet an ambitious project by the standards of Indian television. Like someone pointed out TRP's are contributed by common households in which same old drama sells faster than a Nutella cake.  Also yes a female lead who does not fit into the mould of fair and beautiful will also be hard to digest for most people.
The true popularity can be measured if someone turns to the Web to see how many viewers Arambh has. But that ain't possible I guess.
FortunaMajor thumbnail

Originally posted by: VasusenaRadheya

Actually hotstar views of Aarambh is very poor compared to other Star Plus shows .  Please watch episodes on hotstar even if you have watched it on TV and please tell your friends/relatives about this show . πŸ˜³

I watch it on hotstar only since my TV is constantly taken over by a family member with different preferences and I've already got my sister hooked to it😊
Ashi_ thumbnail
Maybe because actress is not beautiful. Even in the Bahubali movie series we saw good looking actresses.like anusuka  shetty and Tamannaah Bhatia from south.