The reason for bad ratings

LadyMacbeth thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 6 years ago
Aarambh got 0.5 ratings again ! I don't understand why this show is getting such low ratings when it is really one of the best ( actually I think it is the best ) show on Indian tv right now .
Is it because FL is not an unaccomplished bechari ? Is it because her life does not revolve around the ML & his family ? That she is a no-nonsense, no crap taking person ? She is fiery and focussed and should I say not a white washed character . Also the ML is not a jerk , he does not abuse or put down his girl or there is no scene of hero manhandling his FL . That he is actually a noble person . 
Add to the facts that Aarambh actually has a story and the show does not revolve around leads' love life and kitchen politics only . I guess that's not enough entertaining . πŸ˜³
But seriously our trp system is faulty as hell as well ( like many systems of our country ) . Also viewers might be feeling offended because of the Aryan vs Dravidian clash though it has been clearly mentioned that it is absolutely fictional .
Please add your reasons . πŸ˜³ ( Btw, I am fine with the ratings, just wondering why it's not getting a large number of viewers ) . 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ErisedWitch45 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: VasusenaRadheya

Is it because FL is not an unaccomplished bechari ? Is it because her life does not revolve around the ML & his family ? That she is a no-nonsense, no crap taking person ? She is fiery and focussed and should I say not a white washed character . Also the ML is not a jerk , he does not abuse or put down his girl or there is no scene of hero manhandling his FL . That he is actually a noble person . 
Add to the facts that Aarambh actually has a story and the show does not revolve around leads' love life and kitchen politics only .

^All this. Mainly.

That's what I feel too. Throw in a forced marriage track with the above and one might get the recipe for good ratings. Quite a few supernatural contemporary hindi tv shows with a supposedly "strong" FL also has a m-i-l, kitchen politics etc thrown in the mix. Maybe trp audience wants to see that. Maybe the system of measurement is flawed. Who knows!

I too don't care much for the no.s but unfortunately the channel does. Hope with Aarambh this won't be bothersome. Really enjoying the story and characters esp Var/Jal-Sena
ddsoaps thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
All the reasons listed are definitely whats keeping the (30000 household meter wale TRP aunties) away in India.
Being an intl viewer TRPs do not matter to me, but just hope the show does runs its course of 65 episodes without any compromise on content or story.

This promo by SP hopefully will lure the audiences to this amazing show. 
Tsuyashi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
All the points u said are d reasons
And d aunties don't watch such shows..
This is the reason I guess they have evn chnged the Timings of d show!! (To let people watch kapil Sharma show frst n then watch aarambh)
N maitree this show is actually d best ... TBH I m immensely touched by d way they showed d leads interaction n the way they fell in love... We have seen fights BT the way they unfolded their love story n they die to reunite again ... Wht else is called love story??! 
Maybe aajkl true love naam.ka hi reh gya hai auntiyon ko kachra hi dekhna hai.  Double meaning dialogues ..lusty scnes... 
Tsuyashi thumbnail

Originally posted by: ddsoaps

All the reasons listed are definitely whats keeping the (30000 household meter wale TRP aunties) away in India.

Being an intl viewer TRPs do not matter to me, but just hope the show does runs its course of 65 episodes without any compromise on content or story.

65 episodes?
Wasn't it 100 episodes show?😭
FortunaMajor thumbnail
crap shows like Naagin emerge as TRP winners (Just brought it up because that too is weekend show) but look at a show like Aarambh where the makers have left no stone un-turned to establish it as a unique show in terms of Story telling, casting and special effects. A fine example of quality over quantity.
I am just glad about this whole Hotstar thing as whatever revenue that they may miss out on TV Ad slots due to trps they can make up for it through hotstar ads provided that they get lots of views.
_Payalj_ thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I will give an analysis of the low ratings but please don't hate or lynch me for it. It's not my mentality I am talking about but the general Indian mentality especially of the trp contributing masses.
Firstly a Hindi show would be watched mainly by the North Indian and central Indian belt. Secondly you and I don't provide trps. It is the lower middle classes, especially women.

While we are loving the Varsena pairing, I don't think the trp audience is. In typical  Indian mentality, fair is equal to beautiful. A typical relic of the British slavery days where it was hammered into our  heads that the Britishers are divine as they are fair.

So a beautiful hero with a not so  beautiful heroine (as per them) would have hit the core mentality where the male is supposed to be less good looking than a female in any relationship.

Indians are obsessed with skin colour. Here for authenticity they have taken a heroine with a dark complexion. This is further verified by the producer's statement that viewers have fallen in lust with varundev. There are no such comments about the Varsena pair.

Another mental frame the show hits on is by showing the women very cruel and men very weak in the Dravidian society. It hits the solar plexus when a woman wants to have multiple husbands, kills her new born babies or threatens to kill her husband if he doesn't impregnate her with the desired seed.

We can analyse that it is different time and culture the show is talking about but what about the trp audience? In families where there is only one television, would these trp aunties allow this show to be run?

Add to it the fact that there is almost no comedy or masala or over the top drama, We have a loser in trp terms in our hands. I don't think this show is ever going to get good BARC ratings. If they add some comedy and masala in the jaldev/Shiva track it might help, else 
Edited by _Payalj_ - 6 years ago
Tsuyashi thumbnail

Originally posted by: _Payalj_

I will give an analysis of the low ratings but please don't hate or lynch me for it. It's not my mentality I am talking about but the general Indian mentality especially of the trp contributing masses.

Firstly a Hindi show would be watched mainly by the North Indian and central Indian belt. Secondly you and I don't provide trps. It is the lower middle classes, especially women.

While we are loving the Varsena pairing, I don't think the trp audience is. In typical  Indian mentality, fair is equal to beautiful. A typical relic of the British slavery days where it was hammered into our  heads that the Britishers are divine as they are fair.

So a beautiful hero with a not so  beautiful heroine (as per them) would have hit the core mentality where the male is supposed to be less good looking than a female in any relationship.

Indians are obsessed with skin colour. Here for authenticity they have taken a heroine with a dark complexion. This is further verified by the producer's statement that viewers have fallen in lust with varundev. There are no such comments about the Varsena pair.

Another mental frame the show hits on is by showing the women very cruel and men very weak in the Dravidian society. It hits the solar plexus when a woman wants to have multiple husbands, kills her new born babies or threatens to kill her husband if he doesn't impregnate her with the desired seed.

We can analyse that it is different time and culture the show is talking about but what about the trp audience? In families where there is only one television, would these trp aunties allow this show to be run?

Add to it the fact that there is almost no comedy or masala or over the top drama, We have a loser in trp terms in our hands. I don't think this show is ever going to get good BARC ratings. If they add some comedy and masala in the jaldev/Shiva track it might help, else 

Ya u right on many points
But after the last episode of varsena I see their pairing comments too...it was never bought up .earlier ...the love track came within three episodes...
N  it literally was outstanding! Even I missed it out had to catch up.on hotstar.. πŸ˜†
 They kept d luv story under wraps  ...showed less promos about varsena soul connection...
Really hoping now trps will catch up ..DTS y they are working on diff tym.slots I guess...

Actually mentalities can't be changed overnight..
 digesting the fact tht people prefer girls over boys can b too tough.. But I feel they  could have avoided it knowing d societal setup... Nothing like killing d baby whether it's male or female shd HV bn shown.. Ppl take in wrong termsπŸ˜•
But thts great they are not changing anything for trps n hoping they keep it going..
D latest promo still hasnt revealed anything about the upcoming things...
M rooting for jaldeva/Shiva n devsena like crazy !
show rocks!
 hope ppl will catch up d show leaving kapil sharma show
Naagin had 8pm tymslot... It works as nothing else big comes on any chnnel.. Whereas arambh has 9pm kapil slot thts y they shifted it to 9.30 ...hoping good bas

Edited by Sonia_prc - 6 years ago
LadyMacbeth thumbnail

Originally posted by: FortunaMajor

crap shows like Naagin emerge as TRP winners (Just brought it up because that too is weekend show) but look at a show like Aarambh where the makers have left no stone un-turned to establish it as a unique show in terms of Story telling, casting and special effects. A fine example of quality over quantity.

I am just glad about this whole Hotstar thing as whatever revenue that they may miss out on TV Ad slots due to trps they can make up for it through hotstar ads provided that they get lots of views.

Actually hotstar views of Aarambh is very poor compared to other Star Plus shows .  Please watch episodes on hotstar even if you have watched it on TV and please tell your friends/relatives about this show . πŸ˜³
LadyMacbeth thumbnail

Originally posted by: ddsoaps

The show was initially supposed to run for 100 episodes . Did they already cut the number of epis ? 
I also care a damn about the ratings but a huge budget show like Aarambh can not run on poor ratings for a long time even if they have sponsors like Patanjali . That is my only worry .
 A show of this magnitude rarely comes on Indian telly ( the last one was probably PRC ) and I want it run it's predecided course successfully .