Originally posted by: Ishveer45

Great episode, dear
Update soon. ))))😊

Thank you so much, Amrita. :)
Elvish_Hobbit thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 6 years ago

Originally posted by: Neha522

Everything is perfectly written: Ranveer's sorrows, Ishaani's feelings.
Ranveer is a very good son. He tries to prevent his mother from being worried and upset. Ranveer's dialogue with Chiraag was fantastic. Ranveer still can't even think how horrible, mean and terrible Chiraag is. I'm sure it will come in forthcoming episodes.
Waiting for the next.
😉

Hey, thanks a lot! Yes, Ranveer makes sure people do not suffer because of him and he does his best for that. Next chapters depict the same only. :)

Ranveer is unaware of Chirag and his treachery and by the time he'll realize it would be too late. For now, he thinks it's his fault that he's thinking bad about Chirag. Of course future chapters will reveal all this. :)

Alisha306 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hi Elvish
How are you? Hope you are fine.
I am really impressed by the episode. Ishaani is still reading A Wizard of OZ. When I was a child I also used to read this book. I liked it a lot. As for Ishaani, this book means a lot for her because it was a gift from her best friend. Ranveer tries to avoid conversation about Chiraag because it really hurts. He tries to do his best to conceal his true feelings for Ishaani.
Ranveer's mother wants them to leave the Parekh's mansion. I think it would the right decision for them but Ranveer can't separate with Ishaani.
Let's see what will happen next.
Update soon.
Take care.
Love you a lot.
Ishveer45 thumbnail
Hello!!!!!!!!!
What a nice update. Ishveer are looking at the moon together. It is so romantic. Ishaani is so nave and silly. She can't see her real love. Soon she will regret about it.
Chiraag pretends to like Ishaani's coffee which in actual fact was disgusting. He just wants to get on the right side of Ishaani and he is already successful. Ishaani is gradually starting to like him.
anaptiras thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Fantastic episode, Elvish
Eagerly waiting for the next.
😉😉😉
Neha522 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hey Elvish
Like it when Ranveer tries to persuade Amba to stay with Parekh's family. He praises Harshad and Ishaani for treating them so well. Amba also likes Ishaani. It is very strange because in the show Amba disliked Ishaani from the very beginning. But it's OK, darling. Soon Ishaani will disappoint Ranveer and his family when she kicks them out of the house. Harshad highly appreciates Ranveer. He says that thanks to Ranveer he is so successful in business.😊
I think Amba has started to suspect Ranveer of loving Ishaani. 
Waiting for the next.😳😳😳😳😳😳😳 
Elvish_Hobbit thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Hey, guys! The chapter a bit too late, I know. But I've been super busy with the stuff and that's delaying the chapters as well. :)

Chapter 29: Beginning to Fade

Chirag, Devarsh, Pratiek, Gauri, Romil, Ishani and Ranveer sat in a circle in Sharman's room, Sharman looking at them with pleading eyes. All stared at him as if hopeless until Devarsh gave out a small chuckle, everyone else following his suit.

"Sharman Bhai, it shouldn't be that big of a trouble, I suppose. You're just overreacting, he said, standing up and moving where his brother stood.

"Overreacting? Sharman repeated. "Are you mad?

"Sharman Bhai, he's right, actually. Pratiek stood up as well. "I mean, all Chaitali Kaki wants from you is to get married. What's the big deal? Everyone has to get married someday.

"And you think I should be the first one? Sharman said.

"Why not? Gauri di is already married. Ishani's marriage talks are going on. Why not you as well? Devarsh said.

"Do you guys even know how many problems are there in this entire scenario? Sharman said, appalled. "First, I am not ready for the marriage. Second, the criteria for good daughter-in-law in mom's eyes is how much the girl's father is earning. Can you believe that? That's insane!

"Then what do you want? Chirag spoke for the first time. "I mean, isn't this what the families want? Well-to-do family, decent educated girl and everything?

"No, but mom's gone mad! Sharman replied. "She thinks Harshad Kaka might disown us someday and then the dowry from my wife will be a saving grace in our hard times. I don't even get from where her mind cooks all these stupid ideas. He shook his head. "If all this wasn't enough, she wants to do some swayamvar tomorrow at home.

"Swayamvar? Chirag asked. "What is that?

"In swayamvar, the guy meets the girls selected for him, and has all the rights to choose on he likes for the marriage, Ishani said slowly.

"Wow, that sounds fun! Chirag said, and gave Sharman an excited look.

"I think you should meet the girl, Bhaiya, Ishani said. "Who knows you two will click!

"She's right, Sharman, Gauri said too. "What's wrong in making Kaki happy?

"Yep, Chirag agreed, too. "Go and meet the girls and there are possibilities that you will like one of them; and even if you don't atleast your mom won't have the qualms from her side.

"Alright, fine! Sharman threw up his hands in the air, now defeated. "But I just hope mom doesn't select one of the specimens she's been thinking about since last two days. I need to save myself as well.

"What kind of girl do you want? I mean, swayamvar will have lots of girls and you do really need to have a certain idea in mind about your life partner, Chirag said and all agreed with him.

"Well, Sharman began, as if preparing himself for a long elaborate explanation, "I don't really care about the girl's caste or if she belongs to a Gujarati family or not. I don't care about if she's traditional or modern. But, yes, she must respect my family's values and my passions for life.

All heard with deep interest, rendering Sharman speechless for a moment. Once he composed himself from the stares of everyone, he continued.

"The girl's looks don't matter, but she should have a personality. The only exception being her eyes.

All watched him, impressed.

"And I hope her family business isn't of some Jalebi-fafda. Otherwise I'd have to survive on that only. He laughed. "A research says either the girl should be younger than her husband, or equal to him in age, because girls mature quickly. So, either she should be of my age, or younger than me from one and a half years.

"Ooohhh! all cried.

"Not bad, Devarsh said. "Anything more, Bhaiya?

"Well, kundali matching or not isn't a big deal to me, our blood groups should match, in case we need blood for our child in future. That's more important, he said.

"Good point. Chirag broke the silence.

"Mom thinks otherwise, though. Sharman shrugged his shoulder, half-defeated. "When I told her what I want in my girl, at this point, her reaction with a giggle was: You two are going to get married and not going to play doctor-doctor. Matching of blood groups is a stupid idea. The kundalis should match for a happily married life.' Can you believe that?

"I like your mom's sense of humour, Chirag said, laughing. "Seriously, I do.

"Sharman, Ranveer spoke for the first time, pleased with the entire conversation, "we forgot one most important aspect. The girl's figure. She should look like Sunny Leone.

Ishani fell back on the bed, and Devarsh and Pratiek equally seemed to like the idea. "Yes, yes, they said, murmuring Sunny Leone's name. "That's true. What do you think, Jiju? They looked at Romil to indulge in the conversation with them.

"Sunny Leone? Who Sunny Leone? he said slowly. "I don't know her and, guys, stop talking this nonsense. I'm a married man.

"Bhaiya, don't listen to these idiots, Ishani said. "You should only look for the girl's heart. That matters the most.

"Heart for the surgery? Ranveer laughed. "Bhaiya, leave all these stupid talks. You never know what's going on in someone's heart; and who has whose heart. These are stupid things. And soon there was another battle going on between Ishani and Ranveer who forgot the real matter and were busy in mentioning each other's silly deeds from the past, half-related and half-unrelated to the discussion. Everyone watched, trying to silent them, but anyone that came in between was trampled down. They heeded no one.

"Guys, guys, Sharman said loudly, and Ishani and Ranveer came back to their sense, almost sweating. "We were talking about something else, alright? He turned towards the crowd, again helpless. "And among all those girls coming over, how am I going to select one who will be good for me?

"Not to worry, Chirag said, laughing. "I have one solid idea. You can dance with them and see who seems the best.

"How?

"See, when two people dance with each other they reach a different level of intimacy without much trying. Her body language, her comfort level with you and her eyes say it all. The longer the girl looks into your eyes, the more she's likely to be a good partner. That's kind of checking the compatibility of your partner.

"Wow, that's great! Sharman said. "But we don't want anyone to look like it's a compatibility test, so you guys are going to dance with us too. Sharman looked at everyone.

"Cool! Devarsh said, delighted. "So, let's make it a perfect party instead of a boring swayamvar. We're all going to have fun!

Everyone agreed.

"Select your dance partners, guys! Or the remaining one will have to dance with Pratiek, Devarsh said, running around to hide himself from Pratiek. Pratiek gritted his teeth but remained silent.

"Yes. Sharman agreed.

"So, Gauri di and Romil Jiju will dance together; I already have a setting. Pratiek, you'll dance with Disha. And, Ishani and Chirag, you'll both dance together. Alright?

"Yes, you two will dance together, Sharman said to Ishani and Chirag. The entire family began to argue, relish, agree and disagree about the plans for the party the next day and Ranveer found himself feeling out of the place. He saw Ishani and Chirag giving each other angry looks as they argued over something. Gauri and Romil sat there, shyly, stealing the gazes; and Devarsh, Pratiek and Sharman appeared the most enthusiastic about the next day. Ranveer began to walk out of the room, hoping to do so without being noticed, but as he came at the rim of the door, someone grabbed him by his elbow and dragged him back.

"What happened, Ishani? he said. He didn't have to look at her face to know it was she.

"I don't want to dance with him, she said.

"Same here, Chirag said as well, as he came to them.

"So why are you both telling me this? Ranveer asked, slightly irritated. "Isn't it your decision to do something you like and you don't?

"Papa, Ishani said, fuming. "You know him. He'll want me to dance with him tomorrow.

"I can't do anything. It's your choice, your decisions. Do whatever you both like. But spare me, please! Ranveer said. But in a moment he recalled his Mota Babuji and the promise he'd made him that day- of uniting Ishani and Chirag. He mellowed down. "Chirag, Ishani doesn't trust you, so you will have to make her believe in you. And, Ishani, you should give him one chance. Who knows you both develop a good friendship along the way! And since you have already decided to say no to him in the end, why not part as friends?

Ishani remained quiet and Chirag did not say anything either. Shaking her head at him, Ishani left the room. Ranveer looked towards her, defeated.

Why was she making it hard for him again and again?

"Buddy, Ishani-- Chirag said, fear lurking in his eyes.

Ranveer continued to look where she had just disappeared. "Don't worry, he said, "she'll understand things better as the time passes.

"But time is passing too quickly, Chirag answered. "I don't know if one month will be enough to make her change her heart towards me.

"It will be, Ranveer said. His thoughts were clear and he knew what exactly Ishani needed in this moment.

"You're her best friend, Chirag said, and Ranveer nodded his head. "You know her the best. Ranveer, going by your friendship, I can promise one thing. That I will never, ever hurt Ishani. And I will love her so much that one day she will fall in love with me, too. I promise.

Ranveer shut his eyes, as the words cut him deep, but opened them again and smiled. "I've only wanted to see her happy since childhood; and when it came to marriage, she always had this dream of being loved by the person she fell in love. She was afraid of the love unreturned, Ranveer said in a low whisper. He held back the tears that threatened to break lose anytime. "And I don't want anyone to hurt her. If anyone ever hurt Ishani, he said further in a voice of passion, "I will kill him.

Chirag's expressions changed and he looked at Ranveer, surprised. "Calm down, buddy, he said, patting Ranveer's shoulder. "If you're worried about Ishani being hurt, don't think of that. Love teaches you a lot, and being in love with Ishani has taught me one thing, and that is everything worth fighting for is always going to taste bitter initially. But the results are the sweetest thing in the end. And because of that, I'm going to fight for her, take all her hatred in my stride and love her as much as I can.

Ranveer nodded his head once again and patted his hand lightly on Chirag's shoulder. That was all he could do at the moment, and left.  

~~~~

"Ranveer, you came home early? Ranveer's mother asked the moment she saw him entering the room. "And what's wrong? Why do you look so tired?

Ranveer chose to ignore her questions and moved ahead from her. "Nothing, Maa, he said, making best efforts not to give away the feelings doing their rounds in his mind. "I just needed to change my shirt. He gave her what he thought was a comfortable smile and took the shirt from the peg and without letting his mother notice the tears, he rushed into the bathroom. He remained quiet, unmoving for a long time, staring into the mirror as a countenance quite unlike his own met his eyes. The face that looked at him was tired and sweaty and his own hand flicked the tears and sweat away. He kept gasping for air, each moment unbearable, as if life was creeping out of him with a painful reminder of his loss. His laughing eyes no more bore resemblance to their older selves. If he bothered with another look at the mirror he would have easily noticed the trickle of tears that betrayed his efforts to keep calm. But he was already crumbling, breaking, and shattering, his mind no more keeping the track of the fact that he had broken down or he could not feel anything beyond the grotesque agony burning him like hurricane.

Finally, he had taken this first step and decided what was to be done. Chirag was perhaps madly in love with Ishani who was ready to do anything to have her in his life.

"She hates me now, Chirag had once told Ranveer, "but she should be given a chance and see the different side of Chirag.

Ranveer nodded.

"Please do something.

The challenge was to show Ishani the different side of Chirag, the one that was sensible and let her see the person who loved her. Ranveer had made the plan, the ideas crystal clear in his mind as he got out of the Parekh Mansion fifteen minutes ago. Once again his efforts to remain strong failed and he wondered how he was going to survive the next few days when his energy would be spent in killing himself every day till the end of his life. He stood up, powerless and crumbling, still crying and wiping away the tears from his cheeks, and washed his face with water. When he was done, he realized he did not look so much degenerated anymore as few minutes ago and perhaps he could go on now. Barely had he come into his room when he saw Ishani standing there. She had had asked a question from his mother and the answer was interrupted midway due to his presence.

"Ranveer, she said, awkwardly looking at his mother and then at him, "Papa wants to talk to you about something...

Ranveer nodded without uttering a word. "I'll come after you.

Ishani left the room, and Ranveer followed her, a little puzzled why she was going on the terrace of the servant quarters.

"Ishani, Mota Babuji must be in the house, right? What are we doing here on the terrace? Ranveer asked when they reached on the top.

Ishani turned towards him and grinned. He still did not understand what was going on in her mind.

"Ishani, say something.

"Isn't it a nice weather today?

"What did Mota Babuji want to talk, Ishani? Ranveer asked, irritated, and Ishani glanced at him, now surprised at the impatience in his tone.

"It wasn't Papa, she said, little too excited at the thoughts going on in her mind. "It was I. I wanted to talk to you about that Chirag. Ishani noticed the hurt in his eyes and hurried to say further, "I know it must be tiring for you to listen to my rants all the time, but you know there's no one else that will bother with my problems... except you. She added as an afterthought.

Ranveer silenced a little. The thought that he was Ishani's only friend was still soothing, though ephermal from now on. "Fine, tell me. What's wrong? he said, seating on the bench as Ishani followed him, too.

"See, I've got an idea to get rid of Chirag. I wanted to talk to you about this first.

"And?

"I'm going to the US for studies. And that will take minimum three years and maximum four years to finish. That stupid Chirag isn't going to wait for that long, she explained excitedly.

"Well... Ranveer said, still unsure. "But how will you convince Mota Babuji and Falguni Maa? And Baa? Her approval is most important. How are you going to do that?

Ishani crunched her eyebrows. "That's the thing, she said, suppressing her excitement. "See, this going abroad for the studies has always worked. And I'll have to clear the GMAT exam and all set.

"But--

"Ranveer, don't make excuses. I have a lot to do and I'm so excited! she said enthusiastically. "Now, come on! You should talk to Papa and Maa about this. Papa never says no to you and Maa will understand once Papa's got your point. Then remains Baa, who doesn't really have a say in my case if Papa has decided something already. Don't you see? It all fits perfectly.

Ranveer smiled. Her brain always worked brilliantly in the matters like these.

"Is Mota Babuji home? he asked.

"Yes, Papa just came from the office and is about to leave again. Please talk to him quickly.

Ranveer nodded and got out of the room, Ishani following him soon after. As was the custom, she slipped her palm into his without any realization and continued to walk beside him until they reached her room.

"You go and I'll talk to Mota Babuji.

"Thank you, Ranveer. She hugged him and smiled.

"No tears, Ishani, he said, laughing, and Ishani separated herself away, shaking her head.

"Now go, Ranveer, or Papa will leave.

He left and knocked at his Mota Babuji's room. There sat his mentor, reading the files and beside him was his wife in front of the mirror, refreshing her makeup.

"Ranveer, you here? she asked, spotting him first. Her features were calm and a small smile spread over her lips as Ranveer stood at the doorstep.

"Mota Babuji, Falguni Maa, I want to talk to you something, Ranveer said, slightly panting.

"Yes? His Mota Babuji stood up and invited Ranveer in.

"Mota Babuji, Ranveer said, hesitating, "well... everyone's decided to go the US all of a sudden in our house.

"Meaning?

"Devarsh and Pratiek, Ranveer answered. He'd heard of Devarsh blackmailing his father to let him go to the US for higher studies when Sharman had been there for years.

"And? his Mota Babuji asked, sensing the hesitancy on his face.

"And Ishani, too, Ranveer replied.

Falguni Maa turned her face towards Ranveer from the mirror and looked at her husband. "Has Ishani lost her mind? she spoke. "Doesn't she know we're talking about her marriage over here?

"Yes, Falguni Maa, but-

"Falguni is right, Ranveer, Harshad Parekh said. "Why does she suddenly want to go abroad for studies? If she wants to, Chirag and his family will let her continue with whatever she wants, and in India we have good institutions for further studies, too.

"Mota Babuji, Falguni Maa, let her prepare for the exam, and I've decided something more: why not let Chirag give her tuitions? He has studied abroad and is well aware of everything regarding that. It would give Ishani a chance to understand him well, too.

Harshad Parekh appeared in thought and then nodded his head. "Not a bad idea. What do you think, Falguni? He looked at his wife who still did not look convinced.

"And what after she has qualified the exam? she said. "Ranveer, Ishani needs to understand how important her marriage is to her and us.

"She will, Falguni Maa, Ranveer answered with a sigh. "We will have to take this chance for now and let Ishani decide in the end. Mota Babuji, otherwise it'll be injustice with her, don't you think? She deserves her chance on what she wants in life. Please let her have this. After one month, when the exam will have taken place as well, if she says yes after knowing Chirag, that would be good.

His Mota Babuji nodded. "I will trust you on that, Ranveer, he said. "But you would have to work extra hard when the deadline is so close. He smiled.

"Mota Babuji, for your and Ishani's happiness, anything, Ranveer returned.

~~~~

The evening came with the heavy rains, the roads boiling with oozing water. The unsheltered beings ran here and there trying to hide their heads under the monstrous downpour that disturbed the entire town within seconds. Ranveer was thankful that he was in his room already and not out with the mud sticking in his toes. He would happily remain in his room as long as the rain continued. But suddenly his phone vibrated. It was Chirag. Ranveer sighed and received the call.

"Ranveer, can you please come home? It's quite urgent, Chirag said immediately.

"Why, what happened? Ranveer asked.

"First you come, I'll tell you the rest later. And before Ranveer could say anything more Chirag had disconnected the call.

"Where are you going? his mother asked when she saw him walk out of the room.

"Maa, it's urgent and I really need to go there.

"Go where? She continued to look at him inquisitively.

"I'll tell you when I come back. See you soon, Maa.

"No, wait, Ranveer, she said. "What's wrong? Why do you lie so much? You come home late, disappear at the midnight. There's no time for your lunch, dinner or anything. What's so urgent, Ranveer, that you can't even take time for yourself?

He hesitated. "Maa, there's nothing wrong, so don't worry about me, alright? And I'm working on something very important. I'll tell you and Baba about it when the time comes. But please be patient for now? Please?

She smiled. "You can never change.

"Maa... he drawled as his mother ruffled his hair. "Stop being a child, please.

His mother sighed. "Yes, yes. Ranveer has grown up a little too much that his mother now irritates him. Fine, go. But come home quickly.

Mothers and their blackmails. Ranveer smiled. "Maa, please. I'll be coming home soon. Don't worry.

Ranveer got out of his house and walked ahead over to the highway in hope to find either an auto or a taxi, anything that helped him now. It was a struggle for a long time but finally a taxi came, leading him to Chirag's house in the next hour. The mansion lay quiet in the drizzle with no sign of life near the place. But as Ranveer rang the bell Chirag came running down. Of course he was expected!

"Ah, you're here! he said and Ranveer entered the house. "It's raining terribly nowadays. I hope it wasn't hard for you to get there.

"Why did you need me right now? Ranveer asked, ignoring everything Chirag had said. And then came Pranav from another room.

"Ranveer, I called you, he said and shook hands with Ranveer. "I wanted to talk to you about Gauri before I leave.

Ranveer turned towards him, surprised. "Pranav, you were going abroad. Then--

He nodded. "I am. But I heard that Gauri is still not over me and she needs to move on for a happy life with her husband.

"She will eventually, Ranveer said. "You don't have to worry about her, Pranav.

"No, I should do this, he said. "I can't go away from here thinking I am the reason she would never be able to move on.

"But, Pranav... Ranveer tried to explain. "Why do you want to go back in the same mess again? There was no use of pushing yourself back in the same painful rent for any reason.

"Ranveer, you haven't loved anyone, that's why you think like this. But if you did, you'd realize how important other's happiness becomes even if it's at your own expense, Pranav said. "Can you help me please?

"What do you want? Ranveer asked.

"I just want to see her happy.

Ranveer sighed, surprised at the power of love. The power that gave one strength to destroy oneself for the sake of their beloved. He knew Gauri had not moved on and she had indicated that she never would. What was it that would finally force her to move and break everything related to her love for Pranav? Ranveer thought for a moment and remembered how much she respected Pranav and that respect would live in her heart for her entire life, even if they could not meet. But wouldn't that be an incredible sacrifice from Pranav's side? Almost destructive?

"Pranav, Ranveer spoke after his mind came into the present moment, "are you willing to do anything to make Gauri's relationship a success?

"Anything, he said, and Ranveer felt Chirag stirred a little. "Tell me what you have thought!

Ranveer inhaled deeply and looked at Chirag and then Pranav. "See, Pranav, you have to make her believe that loving you was the worst thing she ever did. Ranveer noticed pain flash in his eyes for a moment but he recovered soon. "Make her believe that you're not the kind of person she always thought you were. And that not marrying you was her life's best decision. I know it's terrible, but for Gauri you've got to do this.

Pranav nodded. And then suddenly an idea came to Ranveer. He turned towards Chirag and said, "Chirag, this may prove a good opportunity for you as well.

Chirag looked confused. "Meaning?

"Look, you want to make Ishani believe that you're a good person and her first impression was completely wrong about you, right? Just so you know, Ishani values relationships the most. Among her cousins, she loves Sharman and Gauri the most. So, if you are able to make her believe that you made Pranav understand about Gauri and her happiness, she will see you differently, I'm sure.

"And what will I have to do? Chirag asked.

"Nothing much, just indirectly express in front of her that you were behind this all and not I. Pranav, you also need to help him, alright?

Both of them nodded and Ranveer gave a smile.

"Thanks, buddy, Chirag said, moving towards Ranveer. "I was really worried about Pranav and Gauri, especially when they're going through so much on the personal level. But as long as you are here, I'll hope for the best.

Ranveer smiled slowly, the emotion of happiness rather an alien one to feel in the moment.

"What's to be done first? Chirag asked. "For Gauri and Romil? He looked at Pranav.

"Tomorrow is the party at home, Ranveer said, "and everyone is going to remain there. But, Pranav, do make sure no one else notices you at home tomorrow. Chirag make him understand everything about the party.

"Sure.

Ranveer left the Mehta Mansion soon after, finding himself falling in a hollow, endless pit. It was as if he had stabbed himself with a knife hoping it wouldn't hurt. But it did. By the time he came out of the mansion, his thoughts were buzzing with images of Ishani. He didn't care that it still rained heavily or that he almost tripped to the ground, barely holding himself with the slippery wall on another side. If he thought his heart couldn't break anymore he was wrong. It broke once more, all over again, as if for the first time. He'd taken the step to let Ishani go and remain in the past where she did not belong. His feet moved further, not accompanied by the strength of his body as he nudged himself forward to go home. He continued to wipe his face away, convincing himself vainly that he did not weep and the need to flick away the liquid from his face was the water from the rain. For the first time he did not feel annoyed by the rain or the mud did not bother him as well. He remained calm, or that was what anyone who saw him would think, for his eyes hardly gave away the chaos of his soul and the tears concealed in the rain were nothing more than liquid that blended with the silvery drops falling from the sky. He told himself to remain strong, whispering the words like mantra in hope that they would work and get him used to feeling the brokenness from within from now on. He continued to walk wanting to delay the journey to home, for he had no strength to listen to Ishani or if her heart was changing towards Chirag; or to answer his mother who would question him again that why he came so late. She would ask him if he had had his dinner and his denials would only raise suspicions in her mind. He couldn't tell her that was suffering. Suffering so much that every other feeling became impossible to experience anymore. He couldn't smile without lump rising in his throat every time Ishani came in front of him. How would he hide all that he had felt for Ishani all these years? How could he lie to her every time she came in front of him? And mostly how would he live when she would be gone?

His thoughts ended with a car splashing the rain water all over him as it passed, and Ranveer stared back at it, but the vehicle was already gone, its golden light vanishing in the dark. He looked at his clothes. The blue check shirt dirtied in the mud and the pant dripping with the slushy water. Slowly, he turned back again, taking no notice of anything happening around him: the vehicles passing by, the town coming to life and the people murmuring and shouting at each other. He took the shortcut and emerged from the less crowded street. He still had a long way to go but he did not fret over it. The darkness, the pain, the bruises only made him long for the alcohol once again. But the thought of Maa wanting to save money for the new house made him abandon the idea. He now walked quicker and faster, and the rain finally subsided, falling gently in drizzle. He got his home, and realized the time wasn't yet 10 O' clock and he hadn't come home too late to witness his mother questioning him. He quickly changed in the dry clothes and came back to his room when one of the helpers knocked at the door.

"Ranveer Bhaiya, he said and Ranveer turned around to see him, "Ishani bitiya wanted to talk to you. She came to your room three times but no one was here.

"Where's Maa? Ranveer asked.

"She's at the mansion still. Baa wanted all the women there to prepare for tomorrow.

Ranveer nodded and thanked him. He came to the balcony where Ishani was most likely to be and he wasn't disappointed. She stood there and stirred when Ranveer approached her. For a moment he remained quiet and watched her, like an angel she looked. But as she turned her face towards him he snapped.  

"Ishani, anything urgent? he asked, coming further towards her. She appeared tensed but her features relaxed at his sight.

"Ranveer, she said, holding his hand, "I need your help.

"For what?

"You know how to dance, right? Please teach me 4-5 steps and I'll be alright.

"But you do know how to dance, Ranveer said.

"No, I don't.

"Ah, then your ghost must be dancing in Gauri's wedding. Right.

"That was Bollywood dance, and do you even know how much practice I did for that as well? Ishani said. "Please, Ranveer, if nor 4-5, atleast 2-3 steps should do. Please.

"No, no... I won't, he said and began to walk away from her, when Ishani held him by his elbow and dragged back to stand by her side.

"Why, what's wrong? she said, now furious. "Do you really want your best friend to get humiliated in front of Chirag in a party?

"Why are you taking all this so seriously? Ranveer asked, a strange fear lurking in the tone as he spoke. "You don't want to dance with Chirag. Don't.

"No, no... Ishani snapped and suddenly her expressions changed. "I mean, he just challenged me to dance with him. He said I was afraid. Afraid, and Ishani Parekh? Never.

Ranveer noticed how her voice softened at Chirag's mention and he sighed, keeping his emotions at bay. "Ishani, do you mind me questioning something? he asked, and Ishani looked at him, smiling. "You- you've decided to go to the US now, and Mota Babuji has agreed too. Will you leave me as well?

"No, silly, she said, turning towards him and smiled as if she sensed the fear in his voice. "Won't you come with me too?

He looked confused.

"Does Papa let me go anywhere without you? she asked, her eyes sparkling. "He always sends you with me wherever I go, doesn't he?

Ranveer gave a smile. It was true.

"I think when I get married Papa will send you as my dowry. She suddenly looked thoughtful. "That's not a bad idea. With you around I wouldn't have the problem in adjusting with the new family and people.

Her words were knives twisting his heart and before Ishani could continue, he cut her short blatantly, "But I won't come with you.

Ishani noticed the change in his tone and halted. "Meaning? she asked slowly, a fear kind emotion creeping in her tone as well. It was as if she noticed her statement had offended him.

"Meaning, I won't come with you leaving Mota Babuji behind. Don't I have to look after him? Ranveer explained, trying to lighten up the atmosphere which had suddenly turned solemn.

Ishani smiled and he saw relief washing over her face.

"And for your wish, Ranveer spoke again, keeping the quiver of his voice minimum, "you will have your husband to fight and argue on every little thing. I won't be missed. He laughed weakly alongside Ishani, and sighed when he thought she wasn't looking.

"You are mad! she said, laughing harder and Ranveer only smiled back in return. "Come on, now teach me the dance steps.

She took Ranveer by hand and they came in the open, thankful that everyone else was busy in their chores, and not spying on them. Ranveer stood awkwardly for a few seconds, before Ishani took his hand and wrapped it around her waist, sensing his plight and easing it. He held her hand in another and their bodies swayed side by side, slowly, rhythmically. There was no music at the play, but something more surreal made this moment beautiful. Ranveer felt his heart lighten from the entire day's misery and his spirit brightened up as Ishani remained by his side. He twirled her around twice, her body gently gliding in the air, before she landed in his arms. She stumbled at several places but he took hold of her, keeping her from falling. She giggled as she got acclimatize to the dance, understanding his steps and following them effortlessly soon after.

"Not bad, Ishani, Ranveer said, smirking, still leading her to teach the steps she did not yet know. "You're a fast learner.

She laughed, pleased. "That's why I am me.

"Hah! He fell quiet, watching her, and she smiled as well. Ranveer remembered what Chirag had said in the morning. That while dancing how comfortable people were with each other defined how much they meant to each other. And here they were, he and Ishani, as they danced together under the crescent moon waning in the sky; and Ranveer realized, in a different and unsaid way, what he and Ishani had meant to each other. He watched the moon as it began the ever so pleasant game of hide and seek and the clouds danced in its reverent glory, simmering against the black sky, smiling at their evanescent moment which would soon draw to an end, just like the dark prevailing because of the clouds. The moonlight tonight was ephemeral and soon would be gone. Ranveer sighed and his eyes met Ishani's. She was silent and he was thankful that she did not ask any questions in the moment. He couldn't help but wonder about the concept of love. For him, love didn't mean long car drives and romantic walks with the person he loved the most; nor did it mean the late night conversations or any romantic gestures from her, a hope to live the next day. If anything, love had always been a matter of life to him. It defined him, his existence and who he was. There was no Ranveer without Ishani, and he was unsure of his life without her. But there was always hope. Maybe in this lifetime he was meant to remain this way, but in another and all the next ones he wanted to be by her side, Ishani loving him back. Some love stories were meant to have only one person in them and he had no qualms in being the only one that loved even though he would never be loved in return. He gave a sigh, feeling the tears of pain burning in his eyes, and separated away from her, leaving Ishani surprised.

"Ranveer, what happened? she asked, scrambling towards him as he turned aside to hide the tears.

"No, nothing, Ranveer replied, dashing the tears away without her notice. "I think something's got in my eyes. He laughed feebly but suspicion from her eyes did not vanish.

"What is it? She pushed aside his hand and moved to see his eye. "Could be some insect at night. There are plenty in this season.

"Could be. Ranveer wiped his face and smiled more strongly this time. "Is that enough for today, Ishani?

"Yes, she answered with an excited smile. "You are the best!

He smiled. "Now go to your room. I don't want anyone to see us here, otherwise you know what can happen.

"I know, I know, Ishani said, rolling her eyes. "You go home as well. You must be tired.

Their hands clasped together they left the terrace as Ranveer watched Ishani, feeling his own heart break once again. But one thing he realized today. There was bliss in this pain of unreturned love. The silent, unspoken feelings making one bleed slowly, painfully but in a pleasant, blissful way. And that was what he was all about.

His unrequited love.

DO NOT COPY THIS POST AS THIS IS EXCLUSIVE TO INDIA FORUMS

Neha522 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hey Elvish
Today I have read your episode. Actually it made my day as usual. Just can't put up with Ranveer' s sorrows and miseries.
When reading the part of their dance, I wanted Ishaani to fall in love with Ranveer because in my opinion there were some sparks between them during their dance. In actual fact it was one of my favourite parts in the show. And you described it perfectly.
Ranveer tries to avoid his mother not to show her his pain and to hide his tears.
Chiraag tries to win Ishaani's heart with the help of Ranveer.😊😊

Alisha306 thumbnail
Hi Elvish!
How are you? Hope you are fine.
You have given us one more wonderful and outstanding episodes. How you describe Ranveer's love for Ishaani!!!!!!!!!!!! It's beyond my words. Ishaani decides to go to the USA to study. She wants to take Ranveer with her. It is evident she can't live without him. She herself says that when he is near it is far easier for her to adjust for new environment and conditions.
Update soon.
Take care.
Ishveer45 thumbnail
Everything is perfect in your update.
Like Ishveer dancing on the terrace most of all.