~~The VanVaas~~(Symbolic Take On The Show)

Khidki thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 7 years ago

~~VanVaas~~

Finally, I m here to give my take on the show.

The symbolism that this show is showing has caught my heart.

I strongly feel Omkara's story is a beautiful combination of various parts of the Story Of Ram and The Shiva Mythology.

In this post I will discuss this show in terms of the Ram Mythology-The Story Of Ram.

At the start of Ishqbaaz, in the introductory promos there was one which spoke about Vanvaas.

"Iss Oberoi Khandaan Ki Lanka Mein Aag Tab lage Gi Jab Inn Mein Se Ek VanVaas jaayega!"
(Shwetlana says this)

At first I assumed it would be natural for the elder son Shivaay Singh Oberoi to be the one leaving, but I was in for surprise when it turned out to be Omkara..!

In the story of Lord Ram,

Determined to protect his father's honor, Rama accepts the harsh decision and prepares to leave.

Here Omkara in order to protect his mother's honor, her marriage, has put himself into an unwanted engagement and now has left for an exile in disguise.

This Vanvaas is different of course but the journey of Omkara is symbolic to the original Vanvaas.

Ram left for Vanvaas because his step mother Kaikayi( on instigation of Manthara of course) wanted so. Even here Omkara has left for the sake of his mother.

With Rama's exile from Ayodhya, the grief grips, not just his family, but the entire city.

Here after Omkara's leave, we have the Nafratbaaz taking control over the family...the grief.!

But There was Bharat behind there to take control until his brother is back. We have Shivaay here who is taking control until the brothers Unite!

Also there is a part where Bharat goes to the forest to meet Rama and ask him to comeback.
Bharat requested his brother many times to return to Ayodhya, but Rama asked him to rule the kingdom.

Maybe Omkara won't go back home until his journey of finding his wajood is over.

I guess this would be parallel to Shivaay meeting Omkara at the Railway Station.

The meeting at the railway station yet again makes much sense.
Railway station where the journey starts.
Omkara's journey will be kicked start, here.
After being seen off by his brother.
(I haven't read the spoilers just the headings so I assume)
As Bharat sees off Ram..!

I see Jhanvi Thakuraain as Ahalya.
Alhya was given liberation from the mortal world by Rama.

Here, Omkara saved her life, embraced her, and that was the last scene she lived. Her death followed. Her death which liberated her free from the relationship with the nasty Thakur.

Kali Thakur I feel is like the Monster Kabandha whom Ram Killed and Liberated him from the mortal world.

I have a stong feeling, also a hope.
Omkara maybe shown returning to the Oberoi Mansion at Diwali.
Diwali that marks the completion of the Vanvaas.
I might totally be wrong.
It could go the Shiv Mythology way as well.

Also, I fear the Gauri would have to give Agni-pareeksha once she is recognized as Mrs.Omkara Singh Oberoi. And might would also have to go for a Vanvaas.
Like Sita goes, leaving Ram behind at his home, Ayodhya.

Maybe I have just been overthinking and haphazardly relating the small bits of the show with random small bits of the epic. Probably it's the name "Vanvaas" that has made me construct the link.
I don't know!
I wrote what I felt about it.
As I said before the story of Omkara I feel is a Twisted Merge Of A Few Scenes from the Shiv Mythology and The Story Of Rama.

What I have written above isn't to degrade/criticize any belief or book.
I also state that I haven't read by myself the Original Epic.
These Epics have been written and re-written over time by different people and hence might have different perspectives, and hence differ in many aspects.

This post is entirely based on my opinions as an individual.
I also agree that a few of your opinions might differ from mine.
Tried to say it all in a nut-shell.
I m sorry if I went wrong somewhere.

Cheers.

😊

Edited by annikaa - 7 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ElviraRK_PC thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
OMG ANI! 
Amazing take!
Loved it! 
Khidki thumbnail

Originally posted by: ElviraRK_PC

OMG ANI! 
Amazing take!
Loved it! 

Thank U mY Elvi Jaan!🤗
nut-kut-86 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Wow kya likha hai .essp ahalyaa.maine aapki posts,os,ishqbaaz aur iss forum main pade hai.aur han ek baat aur mujhe anushka itni jyada pasand nahin aati par aapka dp dekhkar bahut achi lagti hai who.
Sakura24 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Hi,
I really really love the way you twist what is in front of everyone's eyes to something deeper and much more pronounced. I have to agree, this entire journey does have a Vanvaas vibe to it, and the way you analyzed the events in sequence made it even more certain. 
I'd love to see him returning home at Diwali, after winning the battle with himself and his fears, with his love at tow. That would be worth watching, now wouldn't it be?
The railway, is symbolic in my opinion too. Shivay might not be successful in taking him back home, instead he'd have to bid him good bye for the time being. For Omkara to grow, in my opinion, he'd have to leave the safety of the great wall of Shivay Singh Oberoi, and that journey is just starting. 
Really a wonderful post. I enjoyed it a lot. Hopefully you'd write another on the similarities with Shiva mytho? I'm not very well versed in the Shiva tales, so would love to read more on that.
Cheers!
Sakura
Edited by Sakura24 - 7 years ago
Khidki thumbnail

Originally posted by: nut-kut-86

Wow kya likha hai .essp ahalyaa.maine aapki posts,os,ishqbaaz aur iss forum main pade hai.aur han ek baat aur mujhe anushka itni jyada pasand nahin aati par aapka dp dekhkar bahut achi lagti hai who.

😊

Thank You Niti..!

Such appreciations mean a lot ðŸ˜³

Fruitcustard_9 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Mrs kapur had told lie 2 shivay that om is illegitimate child but u think shivay is illegitimate, he will leave ince truth will out. Ram was alwats d pillar if strength  2 his family , shivaay  is pillar of strength of oberoi. I think role omkara is of Bharat coz tej act like kakiye alwats want om to be head of shivay
Khidki thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sakura24

Hi,
I really really love the way you twist what is in front of everyone's eyes to something deeper and much more pronounced. I have to agree, this entire journey does have a Vanvaas vibe to it, and the way you analyzed the events in sequence made it even more certain. 
I'd love to see him returning home at Diwali, after winning the battle with himself and his fears, with his love at tow. That would be worth watching, now wouldn't it be?
The railway, is symbolic in my opinion too. Shivay might not be successful in taking him back home, instead he'd have to bid him good bye for the time being. For Omkara to grow, in my opinion, he'd have to leave the safety of the great wall of Shivay Singh Oberoi, and that journey is just starting. 
Really a wonderful post. I enjoyed it a lot. Hopefully you'd write another on the similarities with Shiva mytho? I'm not very well versed in the Shiva tales, so would love to read more on that.
Cheers!
Sakura

@bold    Definitely..!

Its Vanvaas...!
So yes he has to leave his HOME...!
His journey wont be easy...there would be thorns there would be traps, there would be danger,

But there will also be nature to help, there will be flowers in the wild, there will be medicinal leaves(ref to Tulsi and neem especially) , there will be the shade of trees from the blazing sun and angels in disguise all along the way..!

Yes.
I do plan to..
Maybe Shivratri..!
I have to do research as well..!😊

I m glad you liked it.!😊

Khidki thumbnail

Originally posted by: deepikagupta9

Mrs kapur had told lie 2 shivay that om is illegitimate child but u think shivay is illegitimate, he will leave ince truth will out. Ram was alwats d pillar if strength  2 his family , shivaay  is pillar of strength of oberoi. I think role omkara is of Bharat coz tej act like kakiye alwats want om to be head of shivay

No dear..!
I believe none of the Oberois are illegitimate..!

Yes that view can be taken as well..!

for me even rudra stands as Bharat..!😊

Its actually that...the three brothers switch roles with every scenario...my above post was respect to one angle,

i myself can give 4-5 more angles..😆

its all in the Eyes ... how u see it..!!!

😊
priya_86 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
You write really well Annika...you have portrayed your views in a beautiful way...agree completely with you ðŸ˜Š