Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Johnny.Balraj thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 7 years ago

Originally posted by: Choco_Cosmos

Copy pasting from the other thread

One of the best round table discussions. Liked AB and Sushant the most. Can understand the nervousness of Sushant but whatever he said was great to listen to.
Lastly when all of them praised Manoj Bajpayee I felt happy.. Why was he ignored? All of them are humble except Shahid. Amitji is the humblest of all even after all the achievements

This humble nature is so FAKE

So many actors do it, just for the camera lol 

Shahid spoke well and Sushant was blabbering crap to sound intelligent but didn't make much sense, just keep it simple. 
Choco_Cosmos thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
For me what Sushant did tell was real and not trying to be intelligent or something. May be its his way of speaking.
Shahid did talk well.. just that I felt he was there with some ego. Fake or not we feel what we feel when we listen to people. I just felt it that way 😳
raj80 thumbnail
Sushant was  looking nervous...he was much at ease in his prev roundtable...ABsr and Ranbir have a good rapport...Shahid spoke well...Daljit is so grounded,very humble...This was far better than the actress roundtable... Edited by raj80 - 7 years ago
gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
I think it's already been said, but this was a true, respectful discussion unlike the actresses. Everyone got to say what they wanted to without being interrupted and they were all adding onto each other's discussions..they also listened well to each other, unlike the actresses. Probably one of the best actor's roundtable Masand's done. 

Diljit is an absolute sweetheart and so cute! ❤️ I wish he spoke more...he's unassuming, into his work, and I think one of the very very very few actors who are genuinely humble and grateful for what he has and where he is. It's so refreshing to see, I hope he doesn't change. I felt he was a little overwhelmed with all the actors there though and I almost wish Masand conducted this interview in Hindi. 

Sushant was extremely nervous and a little uncomfortable speaking... There were points I wished he converted to Hindi because it didn't make that much sense..that being said, there were definite parts where you could tell he was pinching himself for having made it to the roundtable with the who's who...he said multiple times that he used to be a background dancer behind Shahid and is now sharing this with him.. and Big B sitting next to him..very interesting journey...i think he was also overwhelmed at being there...that being said I did get the impression that they don't like him all that much, especially Ranbir. It felt more like fake praise from Bir tbh...whereas BigB seemed more sincere in his praise. I don't really blame SSR for having a chip on his shoulder because when others don't properly acknowledge your work, you have to do it yourself...it's exactly like Kangana in many ways, but Kangana has reached the "I don't care about fitting in with them" phase that Sushant is yet to reach. We all know MSD by an industry insider would have been hailed to the next level. 

Shahid, BigB, and Ranbir were all good..spoke well, had very interesting things to say. Shahid and Ranbir had a mutual admiration society...and they all had an admiration society with BigB. 

Ranbir basically said he finds YJHD/ADHM type movies frustrating because there's no actual character and he has to channel himself..😆
I found it interesting that only Ranbir was unwilling to accept that someone will take his place when Big B was saying that it's bound to happen as he's been through it...because I feel that acceptance is actually liberating...Shahid I felt, over the last few years, has accepted it and gave up trying to be a star...leading to some of his best work. 
Edited by turqoisedress - 7 years ago
starstruckk thumbnail
Just finished watching..thoroughly enjoyed it. Diljit is extremely genuine and humble..it's rare to see an actor be of such sorts, but it's very endearing. The other actors, particularly Ranbir and Shahid truly felt endeared by Diljit's praises. It's as Ranbir mentioned, there's this goodness that Diljit reflects. I loved how Masand asked for his favorite performance of the year and he said Rockstar...to which Ranbir says paaji, that was four yrs ago..😆
Sushant seemed really nervous. He doesn't seem comfortable expressing much in English either. With Diljit expressing in Hindi and SSR making little sense in whatever he was saying in English..Masand should have just shifted to Hindi during the interview. It would have perhaps decreased some tension there. And, SSR definitely is living the dream..even Shahid felt taken aback when he kept mentioning how he couldn't believe he was dancing with/behind Shahid (and SRK). 

Shahid, Ranbir and AB were the most articulate. They expressed themselves very well. I liked how Shahid genuinely praised Ranbir, even for his performances in YJHD and ADHM where at one point even Ranbir seemed surprised. 😆..but, it goes back to what I think many of us feel...that Ranbir can take a lousy script or character and give it potential through his acting chops. That's exactly what Shahid was trying to say, and it's hard to understand because you'd think the film, script and character give an actor something to work with but for the actor to turn something so flawed into something genuinely admirable, is some talent. I really liked how Shahid admitted you can lack excellence and greatness in your craft yet still acquire immense success..basically saying that life isn't fair, and you can work your butt off to be great but it may not mean anything in the end 😆. I felt Shahid has accepted that "success" for him may not be conventional success of what a Hindi  movie star dreams of..something which Salman Khan has for instance. Perhaps why his film choices vary nowadays. 

I liked how Ranbir was nice enough to give everyone credit for their performances this year..even SSR who's work he didn't see..but he went back and praised him for whatever he saw in the promos and trailer. I thought that was nice of Ranbir. I found it hilarious when Masand asked Ranbir his take on his character in ADHM as Anushka found it hard to relate to Alizeh etc..and Ranbir just said no it was all fun, we were on a KJo set..we were chill, as if it was just a joke 😆..and then you have Shahid being awe struck as to how he portrayed Ayan so convincingly, calling it the best performance this yr. 😆

AB's presence really added a lot of substance to the table. I loved how everyone paid attention to whatever he said..as if they were learning from every word of his. It was also nice to see everyone show respect to one another, allow everyone to voice their thoughts without intruding each other's space etc. 
starstruckk thumbnail
Also for those who have something against Ranbir lol, because of Fawad's outing from Bollywood ..it was nice of Ranbir to mention Fawad's performance in K&S as a standout performance for him this year..even though Fawad was never mentioned otherwise. He didn't have to, yet he still made it a point to appreciate Fawad's performance. 
just FYI 😆 
starstruckk thumbnail
I didn't find Shahid fake or not as humble as others. I found him pretty genuine in whatever he expressed. If I'm not mistaken, he was the first on the table to praise Ranbir for his craft and how he feels in awe of the things he does onscreen. Everyone else sort of started later. 
edit - in response to how some found him egoistic etc (in previous pages here). 
Edited by starstruckk - 7 years ago
serendipity_10 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: starstruckk

Also for those who have something against Ranbir lol, because of Fawad's outing from Bollywood ..it was nice of Ranbir to mention Fawad's performance in K&S as a standout performance for him this year..even though Fawad was never mentioned otherwise. He didn't have to, yet he still made it a point to appreciate Fawad's performance. 

just FYI 😆 

Yes! I think I'm the only one on this forum who's a fan of both Ranbir and Fawad so I'm loving this!  RK took his name and Shahid agreed too. Small joys. 

But apart from that, I found Shahid very articulate, followed by Ranbir. AB Sr. is a class apart and is the best speaker in Bollywood, IMO. Be it Hindi or English. I loved how he kept interspersing his sentences with Hindi, to make the others more comfortable I presume. Diljit was very genuine, which everyone appreciated. 
SSR wasn't making too much sense. I felt like everytime he spoke, AB spent a minute trying to analyse/understand what he said. 😆 He's a good actor though, and I'm sure he'll improve at interviews as he keeps doing them.
gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
I also didn't think Shahid was being egoistic or arrogant. I feel like Shahid has matured over the last few years as he's accepted his standing in the industry and isn't chasing the conventional definition of success anymore. Like you guys said, he has realized that he might not become a superstar a la Sallu so isn't really driven by that anymore but rather good work..like he said, he is more struck by good performances rather than people now. I guess marriage and parenthood has also made him more secure. 
This is not meant to be criticism in any way, but I felt part of Ranbir's humility for other performances came from the fact that he didn't feel like he deserved to be there this year. 

The bit about award shows was hilarious, and a little sad too...when Big B said it's annoying to come sit and watch for 5 hours, better you come for 15 minutes, give 4 expressions and leave..because they're going to edit and take those expressions and put them wherever they want. There isn't any genuine love and support for each other is there at awards... The superstar who records his performance after the show is over and then sits in the audience with juniors & gives his 4-5 expressions is Sallu or SRK? 😆 
Edited by turqoisedress - 7 years ago
pakeezah thumbnail

Originally posted by: serendipity_10

Yes! I think I'm the only one on this forum who's a fan of both Ranbir and Fawad so I'm loving this!  RK took his name and Shahid agreed too. Small joys. 

But apart from that, I found Shahid very articulate, followed by Ranbir. AB Sr. is a class apart and is the best speaker in Bollywood, IMO. Be it Hindi or English. I loved how he kept interspersing his sentences with Hindi, to make the others more comfortable I presume. Diljit was very genuine, which everyone appreciated. 
SSR wasn't making too much sense. I felt like everytime he spoke, AB spent a minute trying to analyse/understand what he said. 😆 He's a good actor though, and I'm sure he'll improve at interviews as he keeps doing them.

--------

Dalit was representing? I havent seen his movies, is he that famous? Why wasn't Ayushman Khurrana or Rajkumar Rao or Irrfan Khan there?