Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Anu567 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 7 years ago
Originally posted by: canapoem

Thank you for giving us the updates together. And yes as you said, it is better to rip a band aid quicker in one stroke, rather than do it slowly. As when we rip it fast, it hurts just for few moments and then its done. But doing it slowly makes it more painful.

Anjali is heart broken. The one with such a pure heart, the one who cared for all got duped by such a snakewa in the worst possible way.

I wish one day Anjali can slap Shyam really hard. It should make blood ooze out of his nose.

Yash and little Khushi were of such a support to Anjali during such tough times.

Many times the kindness of strangers helps healing to be much faster and less painful.

Arnav should really give a rest to his insecurities now. But maybe its too much to ask. Thats how he is. Sigh.

Thank you Mayaji again for this wonderful story.

Haha! Kavi, loved the bit about Anjali slapping Shyam so hard that he would have blood come out of his nose! Talk about being a blood thirsty creature! I am still laughing about this one! And so loved what you said about the kindness of strangers helping heal...that is always the case in life!

IdioTinTin thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Epi 45 - 47
If there's anything, both the Khushis can do best is give happiness to others and justifying their names by that. Honestly, I can not imagine what Anjali must have felt but I will take my worst feeling and multiply it with 100 and it still may be less. But am so happy that Yash and little Khushi are there. If anyone can make you smile in your worst even, it's a child! According to my POV, that's not an assumption, but a fact. A child is not capable of feeling pity towards someone, they can feel bad or be angry but won't ever pity anyone. And that's the beauty of their innocence. None likes to be pitied and be taken as a shattered soul who people feel sorry for. Even if it's true, no one wants to be pitied. And I feel that's Anjali's case, because she is very much sure that if there's anyone who will not pity her, is this innocent child. She lives in a happy world where there's dolls, games and happiness and no evil, no persons like Shyam! And Anjali likes to step that world. Because there was and is no Shyam at all.

I loved these updates, how you handled the revelation of the truth to Anjali. Without much description of Anjali's feelings, you felt the readers to imagine the worst of their feelings in order to understand it her. And I loved it. Because anyone else, even me, would have probably gone into details of Anjali's worst state of not eating or staying silent all day and not talking to anyone etc, she would have been shown so weak. But your writing style give everyone the opportunity of imagining themselves what she does when she's alone and not with little Khushi. Some may assume she keeps crying and cursing that man, some may imagine she talks to her unborn and prepares it for it's fatherless future while others may believe she remains silent and sheds dry tears.

I just love your stories to such an extent that I can't even describe my liking towards them in words. Cause literally no word would justify your immense talent of entertaining your readers to this extent ðŸ¤—
IdioTinTin thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Ep 48 - 50
I can't just describe how relaxing and yet excited I feel to see that even though there are moments of breakdowns, Anjali is being strong most of the time. Even if she only may be acting, it requires a lot of strength for a completely broken person to act of being perfectly fine. And who else, other than we girls know this? Every girl in her life must have witnessed those sleepless nights full of tears and anger and hurt and ruins of a broken-self, and yet the next day, nobody could even pressume that there was such a night. Sometimes not even the persons most close to us see the hurt behind the smile. Dark circles are covered by makeup, tears are held back by selfcontrol, a smile is forced onto the lips. I myself have lived many such nights where I would wet my pillow and be so exhausted to even wake up in the morning but then, once the first person I came across to only saw me on my usual days. You feel completely broken but won't open up. I still know the day when I finally broke down in public, after I spent a full day of being worried and anxious inside and yet glowing outside, I broke down at a bus station not being able to stop myself anymore. I ask myself after that, from where did I get the strength of acting so happy the whole week and then finally getting down in public?

I really love this strong Anjali, because even to act strong, you need to be strong! complicated but yes, am sure, most girls will understand me in this.

Arnav and his insecurity...I thought now that Arnav is seeing some conncetion between Anjali and Yash, he's left that thought of Yash being in love with Khushi and won't be jealous but, he is a difficult possesive husband, easily getting jealous but that's his inner guilt ðŸ˜†

Well, loved it how Khushi handled him and made him speak those words. And loved it more that she told him at last he's a terrible husband. True, but to some extent only. Just love this couple. They are perfect in their imperfection.
smithasrk thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Painful... it hurts...been there.no more comments about that. Words are not enough
Little Khushi can cure Anjali. 

Regarding Arnav , I repeat he is scared.he knows he DONOT deserve Khushi 
manugan thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Ur are an awesome writer...I'm so very much...neck deep in love with UR little khushi...amazingly written angst 
JalebiJane thumbnail

KHUSHI by Jalebi Jane (EPISODE 051)

IF DR YASH MALHOTRA WAS ASTONISHED by Arnav Singh Raizada's gruff manners and blunt speech, he had the grace to not show it. He treated Khushi's husband (and Anjali's brother) with the utmost courtesy. His reason was this: it was abundantly clear that the hot-headed tycoon was ardently in love with the wife and completely devoted to the sister. Yash may not admire Arnav's ways, but he had respect for any man who felt fully. Indeed, Yash would have respected Arnav less if the man had not felt threatened by his friendship with Khushi. He had watched Arnav closely and saw that his attention never left Khushi. When Khushi spoke, Arnav's eyes caressed her face. When she came near him, Arnav reached to touch her. When she performed an action, he hovered attentively, in case she required assistance. As one who cared deeply for Khushi, Yash was gratified to see his friend so well-loved.

Love had eluded Yash, but that did not mean that he could not recognize its glorious signs.

AFTER LUNCH, ARNAV AND KHUSHI offered to return Yash and his daughter to Buaji's. Little Khushi was instructed by her father to thank everyone properly and kiss everyone goodbye; which she did beautifully until she realized that everyone meant also parting from her new friend, Anjali. Tears bloomed in the girl's eyes, and her chubby arms tightened around Anjali's neck as Yash tried to separate the two. 

Anjali suggested that she accompany them and that seemed to temporarily soothe the child's anxiety. During the drive, Anjali allayed Little Khushi's sadness, softly explaining that their separation would be brief. Adding that it was imperative Little Khushi go to Lucknow and begin to make arrangements for the birthday party, and that Anjali herself would follow in a few days with presents and a new party frock from Delhi's best children's clothier. Anjali distracted Little Khushi further by asking her what sort of birthday cake she would prefer and how it should be decorated---this was a topic that every almost-five-year-old was happy to speak long and hard on, and the trauma of separation was softened.

Khushi turned to the back seat and saw that Anjali's words had appeased Little Khushi. Khushi stole a glance at Yash and saw that his eyes were resting with warmth on the woman in whose arms his daughter snuggled. She touched Arnav's thigh to silently bring his attention to what she witnessed, but almost immediately realized that it was best to remain silent on the matter. 

Fortunately Arnav did not read anything into her gesture; he covered her hand with his and played with her fingers between shifting gears.

THE DRIVE FROM RAIZADA HOUSE to Buaji's was not long; but it was long enough for Dr Yash Malhotra to discern that his interest in his patient Anjali Raizada had evolved dangerously beyond professional. The sheer genius of a double birthday celebration in Lucknow now seemed to him a plan of sheer madness.

This was wrong on every level! Or to satisfy a mind as accurate and scientific as his own: it was wrong on five distinct levels:

1. Professional ethics and personal integrity. Duh!

2. Pregnant vulnerable woman grieving for crook+bigamist.

3. Beloved sister of a volatile madman.

4. Affectionate sister-in-law of his best friend.

5. New Favourite of his cherished daughter.

Five compelling reasons to stay well and truly away.

Why then did his eyes continue to admire (things were as always unfolding in fives):

1. Her twinkling eyes

2. Her graceful manners

3. Her pouty mouth

4. Her glossy hair

5. Her perfect figure (yes, even with an expanding waistline!---what kind of sicko was he?)

And most troubling of all---why did his heart leap when he saw her snuggled in bed with his daughter? Or earlier---why did his heart sink when he realized that both he and Little Khushi would have to part from her?

They alighted from the car in front of Buaji's house. And while Little Khushi ran ahead into the house, Yash felt he had to at least attempt to right what he now was convinced was a wrong.

In a low tone, he said to Khushi, "maybe I was wrong to suggest this party in Lucknow."

He had not depended on Khushi's husband having such sharp ears. 

Mr Raizada said to his wife, coming near them, "Khushi, it seems your friend is cancelling the party."

Khushi laughed, "Yash? Cancel a party? Never! He can never pass up an opportunity to show off his dancing."

Yash met Mr Raizada's eyes. He sensed the businessman measuring his true motive, and that filled him with guilt. Mr Raizada was absolutely right---he did want to cancel the party.

Anjali now joined the trio. She misread the situation and made a false assumption.

"Chotte, please don't change your mind. We're all excited about spending next weekend in Lucknow. In fact, Nani has probably already called Buaji to invite them all to join us---"

"How wonderful!" Khushi interjected.

Arnav looked at Khushi's beaming face but addressed his reply to his sister. "I never change my mind, Di. I hate parties. I hate Lucknow. Nothing has changed. But I've agreed to participate in this ridiculous scheme and I'll keep my word."

Both Anjali and Khushi spontaneously embraced him.

"But," Arnav continued, "whether Dr Malhotra is prepared to keep his word remains to be seen." He gave Yash a look implying ball is in your court, dude.'

Both ladies turned to face Yash, who fumbled to explain himself. "I have no objection to the party---after all, it is a collective celebration for my daughter and my best friend---" So far he spoke truthfully. But in continuing he became more creative. "Yet it seems that my idea is going to impose most on the person least inclined towards the party."

Malhotra had returned the Raizada serve.

Here the ladies turned to see how Arnav would play the ball.

Arnav's eyes remained on Yash as he clarified in a clipped tone, "Conveying a dozen people to our own home in Lucknow for a weekend is hardly an imposition---especially if it will give pleasure to my family. It is my wife's birthday. What gives her pleasure is no inconvenience to me."

Well done, Raizada.

Yash noticed that a hesitant look crossed Anjali's eyes while Arnav was speaking.  She asked Yash, "Are you reluctant because of me, because of everything---?"

"No! Not at all," he said immediately, cursing himself for making her feel awkward.

She continued anxiously, "Oh dear, it's your party and I seem to have hijacked it entirely, haven't I? I'm so sorry. I got excited and carried away. Perhaps to distract myself---" She exchanged a brief look with her brother.

"Please," Yash said, taking her hand without knowing that he did, "please do not apologize. I'm indebted to you. I proposed the party, but you have made it concrete. Into a proper event worthy of the two Khushis. Even offering to host it at your Lucknow home. Thank you."

Anjali smiled, "So the party is on?"

He smiled in return, "Absolutely. I can't wait for the weekend."

Here Yash was entirely honest. Any desire to cancel or retract or rescind had dissipated.

They both seemed to become aware at the same time that Yash had Anjali's hand. He released it, and led her inside.

Nobody noticed a grim-faced Arnav and a gleeful Khushi watching the Doctor and His Patient disappear through the doors. Raizada had played well, but it seems the match was won by Malhotra.

By Jalebi Jane

mansi0606 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
First my apologies for  coming to conclusions and not trusting Harvard's shaatir dimaag. It was very clever of Arnav for Arnav to draw that deal.
And I agree with Khushi to come clean with the whole truth  and agree with Arnav too. Gupta's knowing everything and still didnt reveal his deceit , Mami will be nasty. 
It is heart wrenching to love somebody with everything they have and betrayed in a such a way.  the presence of Little Khushi   acting like a salve.Beautifully written updates.
tanu3579 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
both arnav n yash r soo cute :) .. 
amus5 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Buddy ...I don't know if anybody told you this...but I presume that after 150 pages we continue into a second thread...so I suppose you should be opening a new thread rather than continue this one 

just4this thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Hi 
Loved the match between the two.
Yash is a mature and sensible man.

So time for new thread.
Congratulations in advance.
Loving this story
Thank u