ArHi FF || Serendipity #5 || CH 59 Pg 136 (JAN 16TH 2017) (new update) - Page 72

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

HinaMalik91 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 7 years ago
i can't express in words of what i feel while reading your story. Its heartbreaking, its soothing, its painful yet beautiful at the same time.

This is the first story where i am happy with Khushi being someone else's.

Now the twist at the end of this chapter. I hope Khushi and tarang could face it. Don't want Khushi to go through that pain to lose someone special to her again. It would be unfair to her.

Hats off!
luvbug thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
OMG what was that?? who is following Kher's???
absolutely loved the chap... 
eagerly waiting for the next!!
aamir18 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6
A/N: If you are giving up on this story, I completely and totally understand 😳  

Cr. to my beautiful, talented and absolutely wonderful friend, Aheli. Please check out her shop and her gorgeous creations

~Serendipity~
"aaccidental discovery"

Chapter Fifty-Five: Pawn
1,185 words

He had seen his time coming to a close.

The evidence against him had grown stronger. More than a handful of witnesses had stepped up to defend their precious Khushi Ji. And he knew, that sooner or later, his foolish wife would wake up from her slumber and begin doubting his (nonexistent) loyalty to her. His days in Shantivan were, without a doubt, limited.   

So Shyam Manohar Jha did what any other man would have done.

He ran away.

The luxuries of Shantivan were no longer worth the risk of being imprisoned for the rest of his life. So he had drained the funds from his wife's bank account and gone stealthily into hiding. One train ticket to Chennai, and Shyam Manohar Jha left Delhi far behind him. He'd been certain, that the wealth he had stolen from Anjali would be enough to lead the rest of his life comfortably. 

But alas, having grown accustomed to unlimited means, Shyam had drained himself of the money unthinkably quickly. Unable to rejoin his law practice due to his sullied image, he began operating a drug ring, but was unimpressed by the money that selling small quantities of methamphetamine had to offer. 

Blinded by greed and left with no other alternatives, the man decided to play Arnav Singh Raizada at his own game. He'd bend the bas***d over and force him to hand over his fortune with his own two hands.

But setting men after his saale sahib had proved to be completely ineffective. Arnav had become, little to Shyam's delight, nothing more than a breathing corpse. His life had lost meaning; his company had lost its success. He locked himself away in his cabin for almost the entire day, shuffling aimlessly through failing projects until sleep became unavoidable. Arnav Singh Raizada had become a wreck, and with further probing, his men quickly discovered the reason behind his once formidable saale sahib's pitiful state. 

It was a pretty little thing. A pretty little, Khushi. 

And it became instantly clear to Shyam... that Khushi Kumari Gupta was his answer to infinite wealth.

His men were directed to shift their attention from Arnav and to stalk her instead, take her hostage and retrieve him a powerless tiny pawn that could corner and topple his majesty with ease. Khushi was a one-way ticket to paradise-- perhaps not the paradise of sex and pleasure he had once thought her capable, but paradise nonetheless. 

Much to his annoyance, however, the little sl*t had disappeared off the face of the planet. His drug ring spent years tracking her in and around India, with little to no success.

That was... until two and a half years ago.

A distributor had showed him an article published in a popular US magazine, about a trendy' and rising' wedding planner named Charlie Gupta. Shyam had trailed the photograph of the woman with delirious lust, his dark eyes roaming over the skin exposed by the charcoal skirt she wore. Her hair was pulled back tightly, her arms crossed squarely across her chest; and her eyes were a hazel blaze, threatening onlookers about the consequences of f*cking with her. The woman was an utter contradiction to the silly little girl he had desired so many years ago, but the familiar twist of his loins convinced him. That woman was Khushi.

Unable to leave India due to the constant attention his drug ring demanded, he sent his close friend to search for this Charlie Gupta'. Khalid, being the drug ring's appointed hit man, was more than capable of doing the job. 

And as expected from an employee of his caliber, it did not take him long to locate her.

As per Shyam's instructions, Khalid watched the woman from a safe distance, growing painfully aware of why his boss had sacrificed Anjali's wealth to take something like her under his wing. Khushi Gupta, he realized, with her long legs and pert breasts, was the breathing reality of every man's dream. That, coupled with the sharpness of her tongue and the conviction of her authority, only made her more desirable.

And while Khalid's temptations were only understandable, Shyam was more than a little surprised when his friend reported things that he would've never expected from a jalebi spinning Khushi Kumari Gupta. She had fallen in love and married another man. They had birthed two children. Her business was thriving and profitable, and she was seemingly educated enough to run it singlehandedly. 

This was not the defenseless, nave girl that his saale sahib had loved. And knowing that callous son of a bitch, unless the object of their blackmail was of use to him, ASR wouldn't give a penny for it.  A married, hopelessly in love with Tarang Kher, mother of two, no-nonsense businesswoman was utterly worthless to him.

This was not the woman Arnav Singh Raizada was in love with. This was not the woman Arnav Singh Raizada would fight tooth and nail to have. 

Or so he had thought. 

Khalid was instructed to remain in Manhattan, with the intent of settling nearby in case Khushi or her husband ever revealed something that could be used to their advantage. He didn't mind relocating of course -- following around a sexy woman had its perks.

But years passed by and nothing of the sort happened. The Kher family was mundane and ordinary, as was usual with the typical American household. Their lives revolved around taking their daughters to ballet classes and grocery shopping --nothing more, nothing less. And even when that wh*re Anjali had arrived with her darling brother, nothing could be deciphered about Arnav's weaknesses or vulnerabilities. From the extreme distance at which Khalid lingered, he hadn't gotten the slightest whiff of information that could be deemed useful.

That was... until tonight. 

Tonight, their efforts had paid off. Tonight, they were victorious.

Because apparently... saale sahib had indeed remained infatuated by a certain Khushi Kumari Gupta. And who could blame a man, after all, for desiring himself the finest?   

According to what Khalid had told Shyam over the phone that evening, Arnav was hopelessly and head over heels in love, perhaps more than he had ever been.

The irony was tickling.

Khushi Kumari Gupta had been their path to bliss all along. Shyam had grossly underestimated the magic she spun to ensnare the opposite sex. 

But the timing for such a revelation was highly inconvenient. Arnav would be leaving for India the following evening, and therefore only left Shyam with a few measly hours to plot and execute his strategy. How would they go about ambushing Ms. Gupta? She was no longer a helpless little girl who would cower in fear and listen obediently to orders. This was a woman who'd pack a punch, call the police, scream for help until her throat went dry. Plus, with only Khalid to execute the plan and her employees constantly surrounding her, capturing Khushi would be near impossible. 

But they had quickly come up with a solution for that setback. 

A very simple one. 

Because Khushi's entire existence, the years had wisely taught them, depended on her family.

CHAPTER FIFTY-SIX: E A E R

Please do take the moment to hit the like button and write a comment. It never fails to make me smile :) Thank you. 

Edited by aamir18 - 7 years ago
Ecrivain thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Res 😃
Un res 

So Khushi's family it is. I knew Shyam was coming but dint think it to happen like this. Well done. Now let Arnav and Khushi and tarang save the Guptas and while Arnav will give his wealth away for Khushi, Tarang will give his life, 

Awesome. 

BTW ur spoiling us with updates. 😛
Edited by Faith-N-Hope - 7 years ago
kaur94 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Update was great per usual
glitter5 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Arghh!!!!Shyam is in d story
My mind s racing with different plots: either tarang or arnav dies
pls say m going wrong😳
Love.life2 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Damn the snakewa. Kill him already psych
Forgot Arnav's business is in loss Yet the forever delusional woman is spending huge money on her 3rd wedding. Sig

Great!  He never figured someone is keeping tabs on his family. 

Good I am scared now.

If anyone has to die it has to be snakewa. Bump him off in the next one I tell you
aysemLDG thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Once again Shyam will bring nothing but a huge destruction. I'm afraid that a massive danger is roaming around Tarang. If something happens to him, which I don't want, Khushi and the kids wouldn't cope up with the pain of losing him. Instead of wasting all his energy into finding Khushi, Arnav should have focused on finding Shyam's whereabouts during six years. 
ushankitvc thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
awesum part...arnav is so into khushi that he fprgot abt shyam
aysemLDG thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: renee.bee

Damn the snakewa. Kill him already psych

Forgot Arnav's business is in loss Yet the forever delusional woman is spending huge money on her 3rd wedding. Sig

Great!  He never figured someone is keeping tabs on his family. 

Good I am scared now.

If anyone has to die it has to be snakewa. Bump him off in the next one I tell you

LOL... Apart from arranging numerous pujas, wasting money on her ex cheating husband and designed sares was Anjeli's priorities. It seems nothing changed after six years, when it comes to spending money. I hope in her third wedding, she would use her own earned money or at least think of using her soon-to-be husband's money.