ArHi FF || Serendipity #5 || CH 59 Pg 136 (JAN 16TH 2017) (new update) - Page 68

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

aamir18 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 7 years ago
Thank you so much for this comment! It means a lot to me 😳
I'm glad you feel this way about Tarang and Khushi. 

Originally posted by: lechuarshi

as a big fan of arnav and khushi...i always want them together by the end...

but this FF changed my mind...Khushi suffered a lot...her innocence...her self respect everything shattered into billion pieces...and insulting her for her low status..calling her wh**e..😑😑.i really hate when he said all those words to her after their love making😑😑..he was heavily drunk..but poor khushi just need some love..and she happily submitted to him..thinking everything would change for better...

Tarang..i love him bas..πŸ˜†πŸ˜†he is the dream man of every woman...he respect khushi...he love her, support her,..she is happy in her with her loving hubby, and two daughters...

Bye Arnav..ur punishment is to repent over ur mistake for entire life tym...ALONE..

i think they will unite at the end..in heaven may be..πŸ˜•πŸ˜•..really dont want something tragic happens to my Tarang
cont soon...

aamir18 thumbnail
Thank you. You have said everything I have thought while writing this FF. 
Thank you for wording it so eloquently. Truly, thank you. 

Originally posted by: aysemLDG

I've read many FFs where Arnav was a negative character but at the end, he was forgiven by Khushi just because he is Arnav, the main character of IPKKND. I witnessed different reactions from different readers. One of them made me speechless. If Shyam or any other male character is a rapist then according to some readers, these characters may rot in the hell despite their claims about loving Khushi. However, if Arnav is the rapist, then according to the same readers, Arnav should be forgiven because he did everything due to his love for Khushi.

So it's the same in your story. Tarang is the best husband anyone can wish for herself but for some readers, the only fault he has is his name. Because he is not Arnav but Tarang.

So let's think from a different point of view. If Tarang had been Khushi's first husband who abused her, who called her as a wh*re after sleeping with her, who made her sleep outside, on a cold floor under the rain, who has never believed her, who criticized her character, who blamed her for having an affair with a married man, then one fine day, if Khushi had decided to start a new life with a man, Arnav who loved and respected her, and had children from that man, those readers would have cursed Khushi's abusive ex-husband and wanted him to be out of Khushi's life and let her live her life with her new husband.

The reason why you got different reactions from your readers is not because the story is bad but because you named Khushi's new husband Tarang not Arnav. So don't let these readers who only focuses on the names not the facts to affect you.

Coming to the new update... I felt really bad for Khushi when she compared her new beginning with Anjali's. How can she forget those days filled with agony and loneliness? The pain created by those days will always remain in her heart no matter what a bright and beautiful future is waiting for her. Now Arnav also apologized to her for his wrong doings and sins. I hope this apology would help Khushi to heal her pain which she hides in her heart for a long time.   

aamir18 thumbnail
I've realized that no matter how the plot progresses in this Fan Fiction, there'll be people who are seriously going to hate me πŸ˜†
aamir18 thumbnail
A/N: If you are giving up on this story, I understand completely.  

Cr. to my beautiful, talented and absolutely wonderful friend, Aheli. Please check out her shop and her gorgeous creations

~Serendipity~
"aaccidental discovery"

Chapter Fifty-Four: Immersed
1,400 words

Though Khushi never accepted Arnav's apology, the two pesky words had still managed to work wonders for him. In the three days between Anjali's mehendi raat and the night before her wedding, Khushi had approached him with a building confidence, asking for help with fallen drapery and spilled food, smiling at his pathetic attempts of cracking stupid jokes. He could tell that the amicability was difficult for her, but as time passed she fell more at ease around him. The laughs seemed less forced, her footsteps less hesitant. And as for Arnav, he could not have felt more grateful, that if not forgiveness, she had at least given him a few more memories with which he could live the rest of his life. 

"You really do love her, don't you?" 

Tarang interrupted Arnav's  thoughts with the wave of a large hand in his motionless face. They had been sitting at the bar in awkward silence, after politely discussing the tumultuous state of American politics for as long as etiquette would demand. It was only when Tarang had asked Arnav about his travel plans back to India that he'd noticed the man had become transfixed and gone silent.

But you could always trust a psychiatrist, to bring premature ends to dangerously treading daydreams. Especially when the said day dreams involved the said psychiatrist's wife.

Arnav sighed, annoyed at having been slapped so harshly by reality, but offered him defeated smile nonetheless. "I do, and I guess it's my bad luck. We both know that she loves you." 

Unsure of how to respond to a man so blatantly confessing love for his wife, Tarang traced Arnav's gaze back to Khushi, who was hanging red roses from a beautifully adorned wedding mandap. He smiled at the sight of her-- gym shorts hanging low on her waist and an oversized Nike t-shirt tied at her hip. Her hair was piled into a careless mess upon her head and her face was completely scrubbed clean. To Tarang, she looked beautiful. 

"I'm happy she has you, Kher", Arnav confessed grudgingly, as he turned back to face the bar. "I can't imagine what would've happened to her if she didn't have you." 

"It kills me to say it, but I'm pretty sure she would have died." 

He recounted the story of how he had first seen Khushi on an abandoned sidewalk, fainting from sheer shock and exhaustion; how it had taken months before she she would stop flinching at another man's touch; how Arnav's newspaper clippings would frighten her to the point that she would convulse in tremors.  

Tarang saw brown eyes flicker dead as his detailing of harsh memories registered; whiskey being carelessly poured down Arnav's throat as he recounted their narrow escape to New York.

"We got married shortly after that, and Kina--"

"DADDY!"

The object of Tarang's musings came bounding towards him, cutting their painful conversation short. Her hair was braided into two bouncing pigtails, which looked surprisingly neat for Ms. Kinara, but could not hide the tell-tale streaks of mud on her once pristinely white Converse. 

"Daddy, Mama's asking if you've seen her pretty blue sneakers cause her feets are getting boo boos." The ends of her lips fell in concern at the thought of her pained mother, and despite how frigid Arnav had felt upon hearing about Khushi's past troubles, a warmth touched his heart.

"Kinu, they're in her gym bag. See, under that table over there?" Her father pointed to a large Adidas bag lying against the back wall. "Can you be Mama's best little assistant and get them for her?" 

At the thought of helping her mother, Kinara instantly brightened and ran off to where the bag was placed.

"She's a wonderful kid," Arnav offered, chuckling as Kinara emptied the bag's contents and found the sneakers in infectious excitement. She skipped towards her mother, unsuccessfully hiding the sneakers behind her back as she did so. Tarang joined in Arnav's laughter when Khushi thanked her daughter profusely for the help, spinning her around as she did so. They were precious.

"You know she's concerned for you?" Tarang turned to him, beckoning the bartender for another drink. 

"Who?"

"Kinara."

Thoroughly amused by Arnav's bewildered expression, Tarang tried very hard to conceal his laughter. "She asked me the other day, why Arnav Uncle spends all his time having dawai."

"Dawai?" he probed, further puzzled. Had Kinara seen him with his diabetes medication?

Tarang motioned towards the rows of alcohol behind them, chuckling as Arnav caught on and roared in peals of laughter.   

"Dawai catered only to adults is something Khushi came up with, actually. The excuse worked like magic on the girls. They know that as people grow older, their medications stop tasting like bubblegum and cherries." 

"Absolute genius," Arnav chortled, wiping away the tears from his eyes. 

Perhaps it was because he had complimented his daughter, perhaps it was because they had shared a drink and some laughter, perhaps it was because he had finally noticed the thin limbs and dark eyes -  but for the first time, Tarang Lal Kher looked at Arnav Singh Raizada not with anger... but with pity. The man was shattered and broken, but could not have what would make him whole.

"Arnav..." he drawled, surprising himself at the strange need he felt to comfort the man.

"I hope you know that in a different reality, where you'd have the sense to accept logic, Kinara could have been yours. Khushi could have been yours. In fact, in a weird, perverse sort of way... I should be thanking you. I have the entire world because you were too stupid to take it for yourself."

For the shortest moment, Arnav's eyes softened at the thought. But he masked his vulnerability by sneering and looking away, tracing the rim of his glass. There was nothing to gain by dwelling on those painful what-if's and if-only's.

"Thank you, Kher. You're... you're a good man. I'm sorry I've been such an insufferable ass."

"Forgiven" Tarang countered, waving his hand at the bygones. "After all, if Khushi's forgiven you, then I definitely have no qualms in doing so."

Arnav's finger froze mid-circle.   

"Khushi did what?" he asked, knowing what he'd heard had been too good to be true.

"Decided to forgive you. Thinks it's time we all move on. Didn't she say anything to you?"

Bewildered, Arnav shook his head, watching numbly as Tarang chuckled in disbelief and took another swig of his drink. "Of course she didn't. Khushi Kumari Gupta and that unfathomable ego of hers"

"She forgave me? After everything I've done? How did I... How did I ever even think that I deserved her?" Arnav whispered ashamedly, more to himself than his companion.   

"That makes the two of us, buddy. That makes the two of us. In fact, let's have a toast--" Tarang raised his glass and motioned for a slightly stupefied Arnav follow suit. "To Khushi Kumari Gupta, a woman too good to be true."

"To Khushi," Arnav quietly repeated. He brought the glass to his lips and tilted back his head, biting back tears as the whiskey fanned burning flames of guilt.

A pair of grey beady eyes watched a conversation transpire between the two handsome men, glancing away only to take notes on a grimy napkin or to toss peanuts into his mouth as he listened.

The fools, he chided. 

Too caught up, too self-involved and too immersed in their own miserable lives to realize what was happening around them. He had been following this pathetic psychiatrist, Tarang Lal Kher, and his sl*t wife for two and a half years now. After having finally tracked them down in Manhattan, he had been directed to settle down in the city and keep the couple in his constant line of vision. Someday, they would let a detail slip... something, anything, that could be used to their advantage. And it seemed as though the efforts had finally paid off.

His phone rang as the men toasted their drinks, and he hastily moved to a more removed corner of the bar.

"Boss. I have something for you."

CHAPTER FIFTY-FIVE: A W N

Please do take the moment to hit the like button and write a comment. It never fails to make me smile :) Thank you.

Edited by aamir18 - 7 years ago
payal.12 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
You are amazing πŸ€—πŸ€— and so is the way you tell this story .
laksh65 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
oh what a subtle way of giving twist at the end, now i guess some evil is following, who is the boss referred is it shyam manohar jha.
jessjazz thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Khushi has forgiven Arnav? I thought Tarang was going to say that Kinara was Arnav's baby. But who is this man who has been watching them for 3 1/2 years and who is the boss? Mighty weird if they have not noticed an intruder in all this time!
Sheebaaier thumbnail
As much as I love khushi and asr pair, I don't want them to end up together here. Cos in order that to happen tarang will have to die. And I don't want that. According to the last paragraph something is about to happen, and looks like someone will have to die 
kowshira9 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Superb,i am happy that tharan had helped kushi but on the other side he took arshi the chance to get to back together.Arnav had come back sooo to clear their problems but tharan took her away because he wanted to have her for herself.i think their is no future for arshi :-/
laavanya4u thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Very awesome update dear. Finally two headed egoistic are on face to face talks and that too abt the lady of their interest. Good they are not pulling out each other's hair n shirts and are soberly meaningfully conversing with each other. Is Kinnara arshis child??was khushi preggy with arnAvs child ? That question is lingering in my mind for Long.And who is behind Arshi , the kids and tarang this time?? Snakewa?? .After hell lot of problems and troubles, khushi had moved on in her life with tarang and a happy Mother of two kids. Will she afford to lose tarang this time due to any mishap ??