What bugs you about Astitva?

Dianne thumbnail
Posted: 20 years ago
#1

1) I think Astitva is on tradegy overload. So much so, the serial feels heavy and overwhelming. Astha dead, Simran blind, the father has a heart attack....! Why can't they focus on one tradegy and really follow through with that story line? The impact of Astha's death is lost because Simran is now blind. It is just too much sorrow going on at the same time. I think this serial has the record for tragic deaths.

2) I also hate how the writers do not seem to be consistant with their story lines. In the beginning, Sia was supposed to be a strong, determined, independant woman from England. No. 1...her english is not good. No. 2....all she does is weep, weep weep and does not offer anything dramatic from her story line. Very boring actress. I think Abhi was right when he scolded her for not giving him a chance in his own house (when she was bugging him about how much tea he had).

3) Do not like the unrealistic perfect persona roles they give to Simran and Sia. I don't care how pious you are, it is in human nature to feel jealousy, to get mad once in a while, to lash out, etc. It would be so spicy to actually see Simran lash out at Kiran and show her what she is made off. Instead, her attitude is to sit and wait about everything. I do not see that as being characteristic of a strong woman.

4) Shaguna should have more interests in her life other than seeing her husband on her birthdays and cooking food for everyone otherwise. I really loved when Shaguna contronted Kiran. Shows she has more backbone that Simran.

5) They should throw in some light, humourous tones here and there in the serial. Instead of having it one long, overdrawn tradegy. Why not give Shaguna a glamourous makeover for a day? Or introduce Shaurabh to an appropriate female companion? All done in a jestful way of course.

6) Please buy some new clothes for Simran!!!! Those saris are lovely, but after spanning a 20 year storyline, it is BORING!

There...i said my piece. Let's here your comments too.

Created

Last reply

Replies

46

Views

3.9k

Users

26

Frequent Posters

xyzee thumbnail
21st Anniversary Thumbnail Voyager Thumbnail
Posted: 20 years ago
#2

Originally posted by: Dianne

1) I think Astitva is on tradegy overload. So much so, the serial feels heavy and overwhelming. Astha dead, Simran blind, the father has a heart attack....! Why can't they focus on one tradegy and really follow through with that story line? The impact of Astha's death is lost because Simran is now blind. It is just too much sorrow going on at the same time. I think this serial has the record for tragic deaths.

2) I also hate how the writers do not seem to be consistant with their story lines. In the beginning, Sia was supposed to be a strong, determined, independant woman from England. No. 1...her english is not good. No. 2....all she does is weep, weep weep and does not offer anything dramatic from her story line. Very boring actress. I think Abhi was right when he scolded her for not giving him a chance in his own house (when she was bugging him about how much tea he had).

3) Do not like the unrealistic perfect persona roles they give to Simran and Sia. I don't care how pious you are, it is in human nature to feel jealousy, to get mad once in a while, to lash out, etc. It would be so spicy to actually see Simran lash out at Kiran and show her what she is made off. Instead, her attitude is to sit and wait about everything. I do not see that as being characteristic of a strong woman.

4) Shaguna should have more interests in her life other than seeing her husband on her birthdays and cooking food for everyone otherwise. I really loved when Shaguna contronted Kiran. Shows she has more backbone that Simran.

5) They should throw in some light, humourous tones here and there in the serial. Instead of having it one long, overdrawn tradegy. Why not give Shaguna a glamourous makeover for a day? Or introduce Shaurabh to an appropriate female companion? All done in a jestful way of course.

6) Please buy some new clothes for Simran!!!! Those saris are lovely, but after spanning a 20 year storyline, it is BORING!

There...i said my piece. Let's here your comments too.

I certainly agree with you on the tragedy overload. That can get quite annoying and Simran has been rightly called the tragedy queen..Too many deaths..

Sia is boring many a time. Her weeping is OK (many people have that tendency) but half the times she does not know how to. LOL. I do think she did a good job yesterday though (though some may not agree).

Simran's non-perfectness has been shown sometimes when Neha was in the picture and they showed Simran's feeling jealous, etc..Not too often I agree but it has happened. They also show her blasting Kiran (20 years ago) in a restaurant when she saw Abhi and her together and Kiran felt so bad that she tried to swallow excess pills and commit suicide!!

I like Shaguna but yes, they can show her dress differently at times. Same with Simran. As for Saurabh, don't know if you know it, but he actually used to have an affair with Anjali (a dancer) right until his wife died! It was then that he repented.. That's why I did not like him too much initially. Thought he was a hypocrite, hating Abhi for what he himself had also done.. though I agree he repented later.

universe thumbnail
21st Anniversary Thumbnail Explorer Thumbnail
Posted: 20 years ago
#3
I never knew Simrans DAD had an affair before, what a surprise, and he was hating abhi..ha
Edited by universe - 20 years ago
xyzee thumbnail
21st Anniversary Thumbnail Voyager Thumbnail
Posted: 20 years ago
#4

Originally posted by: universe

I never knew Simrans DAD had an affair before, what a surprise, and he was hating abhi..ha

Yep, that was strange.. I mean they did not show the affair like the way they showed the Abhi-Kiran affair but that was quite obvious and his reactions later - of repentance, etc.. also showed that he in fact did share a physical relationship with Anjali. What is more his wife (Simran's mom, Padma) was aware of it and would warn him not to flaunt his relationship with her as it would have a bad effect on their daughters but he could care two hoots..Also, Simran got to know about it at some point because she cried in front of her mom's pictures once (after Abhi's affair came out in the open) and said something like "I don't know how you tolerated it for twenty years, I could not tolerate it for a few weeks"..

xyzee thumbnail
21st Anniversary Thumbnail Voyager Thumbnail
Posted: 20 years ago
#5
I also wish they would sometimes show Simran in Salwars, etc.. She need not always be in Saris though she looks good in Saris..
Dazlingflower thumbnail
20th Anniversary Thumbnail Navigator Thumbnail
Posted: 20 years ago
#6
Things I hate about this serial
1 overdrama
2 unrealistic situations
3 No one looks their age except grandparents.
4 Sia and her whole personality...she should have born in 16th century.
5 Sid...why couldn't they find another guy to play that role
6 Sid's mom had no role in the show. All she does is walk around with an empty file or makes tea and give it to sid.
7 Yes simran's saris and getting dull. I think she will look too fat in a suit...that's why director is sticking with thin sheer saris.
Dianne thumbnail
Posted: 20 years ago
#7

Originally posted by: Dazlingflower


6 Sid's mom had no role in the show. All she does is walk around with an empty file or makes tea and give it to sid.

😆That is so funny...lol...

Angeleyes 2 thumbnail
21st Anniversary Thumbnail Rocker Thumbnail Engager Level 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 20 years ago
#8

Originally posted by: Dianne

😆That is so funny...lol...

its funny but its true😆

gv1031 thumbnail
Posted: 20 years ago
#9
the story's going down teh tubes
theres absolutely no point to whats happening right now
i used to watch this show because it had a totally unique concept and was much different from other shows
(kyunki, kahani ghar ghar, etc.)
sooo
now its basically become like some crap after another of people dying or whatever
and teh director has made the characters all the same basically meaning like they all lack their original charm
like
simran leadership
shaguna wittiness and just for comical relief
whatever
i dont really care that much cuz its just a show
but yea the director really needs to stop wasting time wiht this and turning it into a big infomerical about eye donations and condoms(can u say random????)
well ive said whats been about to burst inside me after reading all these convos about astita so yea
fire_on_ice thumbnail
21st Anniversary Thumbnail Voyager Thumbnail
Posted: 20 years ago
#10
Well, I'd like to add one more thing:

The soap just seems so unrealistic...Simran can spare so much time for her family when she is supposed to be a world- famous gynac... 😆 she looks like she is so free...

And Abhi has so many problems...when does he ever get time to write his books?? Tak about world- famous authors...

Also, Simran's saris disturb me a lot...they are always the same pattern, same design....quite annoying!! 😳

Related Topics

Top

Stay Connected with IndiaForums!

Be the first to know about the latest news, updates, and exclusive content.

Add to Home Screen!

Install this web app on your iPhone for the best experience. It's easy, just tap and then "Add to Home Screen".