SSEL Forum Members: This is a Warning

Bobbi. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 7 years ago
Dear all Members,

It comes with great dismay that I have to post this warning note. 

Since my appointment as the Development Team ("DT") member of this forum, I have always come across a peaceful and co-operative environment. All discussions in this forum were civilised and members respected each other's autonomy as well as the actors'. Unfortunately now, things have taken a drastic turn.

I would like to remind everyone about a few important rules, which are now, and have always been upheld in ALL situations:-

1) We are all allowed to give our opinion on the show. Opinions are subjective, which means they can be negative. These negative opinions are welcome in the forum, so long as they are expressed in the best of words, to avoid any kind of rule breaching or hurting the sentiments of other forum members;

2) Usage of foul/ derogatory/ abusive words is strictly prohibited. I cannot emphasise the importance of maintaining civilised diction. Even when you are frustrated with a particular track or the way a character has been drawn, you are supposed to stay within the boundary of the kind of words to use. This rule applicable when discussing an actor or discussing with another member, who has a different opinion than yours;

3) Name-calling has been an issue in a number of forums. Calling Soumya as "Snaky" or calling Deboleena as "Dabba" is stringently not acceptable. Any and all name-calling should immediately take a stop;

4) Personal lives discussion is not welcome at all. I understand that as ardent watchers of the show, or as fans of the actors, members may want to discuss how the actors' personal lives are brewing. For instance, discussing the happenings and pictures of Sahil Mehta's wedding or discussing Rajshri Rani's appearance at an award show is fine. However, going on about Sahil not inviting Rajshri to his wedding and causing a ruckus about it in the forum is not allowed. They are actors, yes, but they have a personal life beyond the screen, beyond what we know. It is best that we respect that privacy and stop digging into their lives;

5) Actor replacement discussions have been making rounds in the forum for the past couple of days. I should make it very clear that replacing an actor is nowhere related to India-Forums, hence it is not permitted to be discussed here. If you are disliking an actor's acting or would like to see him/ her replaced, feel free to contact the relevant Production House, or Star Plus via their email addresses or Twitter. Do not discuss those issues here.

Take note:- Any violations of the above will lead to a Warning PM being sent to the violator. In addition, in a case where violations are constant by the same member, Warning Level will be raised without further discussion.

I do hope that we can revert back our friendly environment sooner rather than later.

You know the drill; if you have any questions, queries or worries with respect to the forum, I am PM away. Replies to PMs may be delayed because I live in a different time zone than yours, so please bear with me.

The DT is your friend, not your enemy. Looking forward to your co-operation.

Best regards,

SSEL Forum DT

Edited by Bobbi. - 7 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sevenstreaks thumbnail
Thanks for posting ...Much needed :)
sandiab thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
I think whereas most of your comments here related to the off screen behavior of the actors and actresses and the 1 thing I have noticed on this forum is that if the members here are frustrated with something that these actors do off screen they vent for a couple of days bt it eventually blows over within a couple of days and they get back to normal and discuss the show. I think the 1 problem that this forum has though is with u giving DT notices on ever post were a comment is made on Souyma aka snaky.   I was reading your comment on this post. www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=4628525. From what I understand from your replies there it seems as if u dnt have a problem with us describing a character for what she/he is. U just have a problem with the nickname aka snaky. Does it mean if I call say souyma is a snake or snake souyma I follow the guidelines? Coz I an describing the character. Souyma character is 1 of a snake. So I can call her snake but not snaky. So I therefore can call her snaky souyma? And therefore the similar approach would be for the rest of the characters for instance when it comes to name calling yuvraj names we can't call him stupidRaj bt stupid Yuvraj. Or RetardSu bt suhani is retarded. Well as for the suhani reference and about some1 name calling suhani well most often the insult is towards her skin color and them having a problem with that. So why shouldn't fans objects? Fans calling Souyma snaky does it reflect on her as a real life person or on the actresses nature? For me it does not. I think the actress should get married, buy a flower shop and call it quit but its not coz her character is a snake that I think she should its coz she is a useless actress that she should quit. Bt when suhani is being trashed the reasoning is often how can they have such a dark skinned lead, she doesn't look like a lead nor should she be a lead it is all linked to her skin color. So there is an obvious distinction btw the 2 sort of bashing that has been on this forum. Also I am gona mention this again coz I do not think this topic is closed coz I dnt think u given be proper reason besides trying to use your position to dictate to me what I should discuss on an actor. Rajshri is an actor she has done previous shows besides Suhani even though this forum is for the show and all discussions should be on the show bt still she is part of the show as an actor. I am a lot on the Bollywood forum. Besides discussing the actors acting they discuss the BW actor/actresses look, hair, eyes, performance, hair they discuss the weight of these actors as well. Rajshri is an actor besides the acting the way she looks on screen has to also be discussed. When I mention her weight I am always careful to not be hurtful about it coz it is linked to her as a person and not only that I am not a thin person to be superior when I speak about that issue and I know that others are not either. So I would never be rude about it. U say u want an environment which is healthy and free for fans to discuss everything. How is avoiding an issue a free and healthy environment? If some1 is discussing an issue respectfully then why cnt they discuss it. By limited the discussion on sensitive issues this doesn't show that the forum members are mature. U just implying that they would not be able to handle sensitive issues properly. People are sensitive about weight topics as I have seen when there has been discussions on the topic here. But that doesn't mean that an issue should be avoided 1 should learn to discuss an issue in a reasonable manner. That's what IF is for.    On the Bollywood fans comment on Sonakshi's weight bt they dnt imply she cnt be an actress coz of it, its just that she does stupid movies that fans think she is pathetic.                        haters comment about Salmans weight gain as an insult. I dnt see his fans making an issue about it they ignore. I have also been on the Kasam forum the lead female there when the show started there were a few who said she does not look like a good pair coz she looked older and she looked pregnant. And fans actually said that on 1 of the posts not only me. I didn't see that the moderators close that post. So I think u should discuss this issue with the ppl above u coz until I see other forums members whose leads are slightly big being restricted from talking about whether their looks suit a character. I will say u wrong and u trying to use your position and give me warnings to stop me from raising an issue when I have seen other forums especially the BWF discuss such issues and they haven't been stopped
Bobbi. thumbnail

Originally posted by: sandiab

I think whereas most of your comments here related to the off screen behavior of the actors and actresses and the 1 thing I have noticed on this forum is that if the members here are frustrated with something that these actors do off screen they vent for a couple of days bt it eventually blows over within a couple of days and they get back to normal and discuss the show. I think the 1 problem that this forum has though is with u giving DT notices on ever post were a comment is made on Souyma aka snaky.   I was reading your comment on this post. www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=4628525. From what I understand from your replies there it seems as if u dnt have a problem with us describing a character for what she/he is. U just have a problem with the nicknameaka snaky. Does it mean if I call say souyma is a snake or snake souyma I follow the guidelines? Coz I an describing the character. Souyma character is 1 of a snake. So I can call her snake but not snaky. So I therefore can call her snaky souyma? And therefore the similar approach would be for the rest of the characters for instance when it comes to name calling yuvraj names we can't call him stupidRaj bt stupid Yuvraj. Or RetardSu bt suhani is retarded. Well as for the suhani reference and about some1 name calling suhani well most often the insult is towards her skin color and them having a problem with that. So why shouldn't fans objects? Fans calling Souyma snaky does it reflect on her as a real life person or on the actresses nature? For me it does not. I think the actress should get married, buy a flower shop and call it quit but its not coz her character is a snake that I think she should its coz she is a useless actress that she should quit. Bt when suhani is being trashed the reasoning is often how can they have such a dark skinned lead, she doesn't look like a lead nor should she be a lead it is all linked to her skin color. So there is an obvious distinction btw the 2 sort of bashing that has been on this forum. Also I am gona mention this again coz I do not think this topic is closed coz I dnt think u given be proper reason besides trying to use your position to dictate to me what I should discuss on an actor. Rajshri is an actor she has done previous shows besides Suhani even though this forum is for the show and all discussions should be on the show bt still she is part of the show as an actor. I am a lot on the Bollywood forum. Besides discussing the actors acting they discuss the BW actor/actresses look, hair, eyes, performance, hair they discuss the weight of these actors as well. Rajshri is an actor besides the acting the way she looks on screen has to also be discussed. When I mention her weight I am always careful to not be hurtful about it coz it is linked to her as a person and not only that I am not a thin person to be superior when I speak about that issue and I know that others are not either. So I would never be rude about it. U say u want an environment which is healthy and free for fans to discuss everything. How is avoiding an issue a free and healthy environment? If some1 is discussing an issue respectfully then why cnt they discuss it. By limited the discussion on sensitive issues this doesn't show that the forum members are mature. U just implying that they would not be able to handle sensitive issues properly. People are sensitive about weight topics as I have seen when there has been discussions on the topic here. But that doesn't mean that an issue should be avoided 1 should learn to discuss an issue in a reasonable manner. That's what IF is for.    On the Bollywood fans comment on Sonakshi's weight bt they dnt imply she cnt be an actress coz of it, its just that she does stupid movies that fans think she is pathetic.                        haters comment about Salmans weight gain as an insult. I dnt see his fans making an issue about it they ignore. I have also been on the Kasam forum the lead female there when the show started there were a few who said she does not look like a good pair coz she looked older and she looked pregnant. And fans actually said that on 1 of the posts not only me. I didn't see that the moderators close that post. So I think u should discuss this issue with the ppl above u coz until I see other forums members whose leads are slightly big being restricted from talking about whether their looks suit a character. I will say u wrong and u trying to use your position and give me warnings to stop me from raising an issue when I have seen other forums especially the BWF discuss such issues and they haven't been stopped

1) Red:- The idea of having a DT is to be around to maintain decorum during such a period of member frustration.

2) Blue:- What you are calling a "nickname" is termed "name-calling". This is not allowed and will not be allowed. I have said this before as well, removing your frustration for a track or a character or describing a character is always welcome provided it's done in a constructive manner. I am sure there are better words to use instead of Snaky Soumya or Stupid Yuvraj; but if you think those are constructive and good to go as a mature member's discussion, then feel free.

3) Green:- Targeting Rajshri as dark-skinned or having acne, and targeting Soumya for her apparent horrendous acting are two different things, yes. But members need to understand that there is a way to say that she cannot act. Going on about how she should get married and open a flower shop is something which goes on the personal front of the actor, and if the DT deems it to be hurtful comment, it will be removed.

4) Purple:- If you have a problem with the way the DT has handled your topic/ comment, you have the option to send me a PM. Discussing such issues is not open for the public platform.

5) Orange:- What happens in the Bollywood forum is not to be compared with what happens in the SSEL forum. Both have different niches. BW is a fast-moving forum and has a large number of members, the approach used by the DT there ought to be different and broader than the small and rather restricted number of members and discussions that take place in the SSEL forum.

6) Pink:- It is essential to understand that this a public platform. You, and members who think like you are not the only members here. There are members who dislike such discussions since they are about actor's personal traits and features. Discussing such sensitive issues is not recommended because they mostly do lead to troublesome arguments. Therefore limitations are imposed to avoid those arguments. As a DT, taking such precautions is necessary.

7) Brown:- Thank you for the kind words. Sandiab, I have only posted warnings in your threads where you have crossed the line between having a mature discussion and passing abrupt comments about an actor or character.

If you have further queries, please contact me via PM. And if you think I have not handled your matter in the correct manner, please contact one of the Global Moderators Team and they will be happy to assist you.

SSEL Forum DT
sandiab thumbnail
Well now that I know that I can use the term snake for Souyma I am happy and I dnt have to pm u.
anita_m thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Bobbi, I have a question with respect to your point #3. YHM forum calls Mani mosquito, Ashok is Cockroach, Aaliya is junior mosquito... how is that different from calling a rotten. betraying friend snaky, short for snake in the grass? There can't be different rules for different tv show forums--even if you say the rules differ for BWF. That itself makes no real sense, that if a forum is large and fast-moving it's okay to bash to a different level? Wouldn't that just mean bigger arguments turning ugly and carrying on forever?

I am okay with the injunction to avoid foul or abusive terms, but when a term is descriptive of a character...?

Bobbi. thumbnail

Originally posted by: anita_m

Bobbi, I have a question with respect to your point #3. YHM forum calls Mani mosquito, Ashok is Cockroach, Aaliya is junior mosquito... how is that different from calling a rotten. betraying friend snaky, short for snake in the grass? There can't be different rules for different tv show forums--even if you say the rules differ for BWF. That itself makes no real sense, that if a forum is large and fast-moving it's okay to bash to a different level? Wouldn't that just mean bigger arguments turning ugly and carrying on forever?

I am okay with the injunction to avoid foul or abusive terms, but when a term is descriptive of a character...?

Hi,

Un/fortunately forum rules are allowed be amended as per necessary. While YHM section DT may have allowed it because there are no particular fans of those characters, there are members who dislike the use of such words being used to name-call Soumya in this forum. It is only fair for all members that such a rule be applied, even if they are in a minority.

I hope this helps address your query.

SSEL Forum DT
sandiab thumbnail
I am shocked that there are souyma fans who were offended that we called her that. Bt if there were I do wish they would have told dans here that she has fans and they offended with the name calling. But unfortunately when it comes to criticism then I dnt think its possible for any of us not to do that.
anita_m thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Even I am shocked. If sona were around I'd believe it, but even then he would be out-voted, and sona was always such a sport about everyone hating on soumya the reptile.In fact, I'm going to do a poll to see whom we've offended by calling saumya names and if there are any fans or objectors to the names we call her, apologise profusely for hurting their sentiments.
Bobbi. thumbnail

Originally posted by: sandiab

I am shocked that there are souyma fans who were offended that we called her that. Bt if there were I do wish they would have told dans here that she has fans and they offended with the name calling. But unfortunately when it comes to criticism then I dnt think its possible for any of us not to do that.

@Bold Red: I am not going to repeat this over and again; criticism is ALLOWED.