SW Symphony 63 - Page 104

Posted: 8 years ago
The title of last update was titled Slipping Away. Hope Ii hasn't slipped.
One line has all of us hanging since morning 👏 I have been thinking of all posibilities for the freeze and I think Swati's guess was right. With each update I'm changing sides in lieu of their emotional state first it was her bombarding him relentlessly then he bombarded her emotionless then she's slipped into solitude and she has all my attention and then that last line that has caught all my attention ever since.

I see that everyone is supporting II...even me...but lets see it from dude's pov...
Dude is also new to this...He was always affectionate to II...he asked her to rest -- kissed her...enjoyed the baby with her in all the previous updates...when did this change ??? ---- when she accused him sooo wrongly...for a guy who never ever shows off...and a family who has always been considerate towards vandu and inturn taking shit from bala ---- that accusation will hurt...which iyer family of hers will allow her to send food for vandu always???? which middle class iyer family will help that much for vandu's delivery...even after all this they have never showed off --- not even once...I donno how II could choose such a point to fight which hurt the guy immensely...and now he is not taling...He still doesnt know her depression..because she never conveys anything properly...does fighting for bala have any connection with what she is feeling ??? atleast give the dude a hint ??? he is not a mind reader II...you need to help...and she is always insecure...with one or the other issue...

Edited by swathi1990 - 8 years ago
Unnoticed..

He wondered if she was hurting physically
He walked over to the bed

"Are u in pain?" he asked softly

"Nahi" she said

He wasnt convinced but he walked out anyway... with lingering feelings of dissent still alive in his heart
 Maavy shared the duty of holding the angel, he could because there was no Ranjan to compete with
Sam and Akka and Amma called II and when she didnt answer called R&B... he told them she was resting.. they didnt think too much of it

Nivi was so used to being held she refused to be by herself calling out within the 10th minute... when she was left in her crib

"Hey I am new here, how come there is no groups of people dancing around ME?"
It appeared like she slept the whole day, he was on calls mostly, she found her child when she was hungry,
fed and changed her and "returned" her,
Yep! Returned her
"I can return her in 15 minutes she said lifelessly around 7 PM
She struggled trying to understand what Nivi wanted when she cried uncontrollably after her 3 PM feed

"I DONT know" she whispered pacing the room, holding her in her arms

"U probably know" she handed him the baby without a fight...

"I dont think she likes me" II nodded going back to bed

When Ranjan came home first thing he did was come up
Took his grand baby

"Gudiya kithe?" he asked

He muted his wireless headset, unmuted it, spoke in French and muted it again

"Asleep" he said

"ABHI BHI?" Ranjan was stunned

R&B nodded

"Saara din khoon peeya hona hai toone, uska

"Thats not true" he said coldly

"Saara din soyi?" Ranjan asked baffled

"Well she just had a baby" R&B grumbled... unable to squish the feeling himself that something was indeed wrong

"Mere naal aisi sarcastic gallan karan di koi lode nahi hai, samjh mein aayi gall?" Ranjan scolded him tersely

Ranjan turned and walked away holding his grand daughter, she cooed and kicked, sucking on her fist

"Gudiya" he called the room was like a black hole... he hit the recess lights

She sat up pulling the blankets over

"Kee hoya puttar?" "Oh just sleepy Dad... laayiye" she smiled weakly thinking her daughter was crying

"Ro nahi rahi... usne kaha ghanta vi nahi hua... khaaya hai isne" Ranjan lied

"Oh ya" I nodded unawares

"Chaliye jee neeche"

"Its too bright" she said laying back

"Kya matlab" Ranjan asked

"Umm... the sun is too bright" II said

"Raat ke 7 baj gaye gudiya" he said in agony

"Oh" she said

R&B's call had ended he was there too

"Bhejo isko D II... 50 kamre hain, banda koi nahi is ghar mein, naukar neeche rehte hain, tujhe dhele bhar di fiqr nahi" Ranjan growled staring with disbelief at his DIL

Nivi moaned.. and stretched

II turned

"Ro rahi hai?" she asked startled
"No?" R&B said confused
Her eyes were glazed, and tired

Couldnt she hear the baby cooing?

She shut her eyes and turned towards the window, stretching her arm out to where Nivi was laying when she fed

He texted Sam...

"Can u come please?" he asked

"Kya hua? Sofia nahi aayi, she promised she would" Sam was upset

"Hey how soon can u" he was focussed

"Bachi theek hai?" Sam asked

As if even she couldnt see beyond the new arrival

"Main Iyer saab nu call karanga... pehle Doc naal gallan kariye.." he ordered
Walked over to the bed

"Khaaya kuch?" he asked

II looked at him confused

"Rabba" he groaned
Hitting the intercom

"Beta khaana lekar aao"

"She hasnt eaten" he turned to his son

"She knows how to do that" "when shes hungry" R&B was being cocky

Ranjan glared... and didnt say a word

R&B walked over to the bed
And she turned... they gazed at each other for the longest time

"U can hold her" she said graciously

Mahavir brought dinner, she ate... famished

Dr Gupta came in
Dr asked her series of questions, the answers? A common theme... II's expression of inadequacy  at being a good mom
and in the end confirmed their suspicion that it was indeed post partum depression and ordered II should be cared for and be surrounded by people

It appeared like II wasnt even affected by that prognosis
She fed and changed Nivi and lay down... giving up on trying to be a good mom, she had accepted her failure?

Dr looked at Ranjan and R&B meaningfully

"Can u two work from home for a bit? this house is too big and lonely... it must accentuate feelings of despair" she noted

"He works from home... he takes really good care of Nivi" II spoke somberly

"Dad cant really work from home" she declared

Sam finally showed up with no kids

Shocked to discover II's condition

He stayed with II as Sam offered the Doc some dinner, Ranjan held Nivi

"Lets go down" he offered gently

Vendaam... its too dark" she said

"Did she bother u during the day?" she asked

"No" he smiled

"Shes a good kid" II nodded sadly.. "I am not a good mommy but shes a good kid" she sobbed uncontrollably

He sat by her and gathered her close... shushing her

"U are the best" he whispered

"Thats why u no longer even sleep with me" she almost gagged sobbing

He chuckled... and hugged her tight  "U drive me crazy" he explained

She didnt come back with a feisty response like she usually did

He sighed not letting go...

"She is going to hate me" she declared

He lay her down, laying down by her... wiping her tears

"I am going to let u tell me whats bothering u... but we have to go down for a bit" he said

"U were right u have never tried to show off ur wealth.. I shudnt have said that"

"I am not talking about that" he groaned helplessly

"U were also right... its bothers me.. it bothers me... why Athim and I cant be best friends"

"II" he cut her off

"Only u can make Nivi quieten down" she said, pulling away

He sat up

"Thats not true" he begged

"U are a natural..." she smiled weakly... laying down "I am not"

Jo socha tha wahi hua...
Yeh sahi nahi hai.
I mean the new mothers need to be cared for.
Its not easy... the whole process..
When we hear about the delivery itself it is so tiring...Imagine someone in labour for 12 hours straight (or even more) to go through such loneliness!
Its not easy...
I think she needs to be taken care of... 
The mother is also NEW not just the BABY

A new perspective Nisha!!
Kudos to your story telling!!
👏
Really lovely. Thank you Nisha.
No tamasha and issue is also resolved.
Ayyoyyo!!!

Like shruti said TLC is all she needs

And he knows how to give her that, now that he knows that's what she needs ❤️
What a great story teller you are !!!
Oh god! Is this how it feels like!! Did not know that this could be this bad!! They slip in to a different world isn't it!!
Small mercies , they caught on to it without further delay and took some action on it.
This is why you surely need some experienced hands around you,
And the first time father unfortunately did not hv any clue of the pit she was sinking into.
This is the lesson learnt!! Got it Nisha. It's so easy to miss it like how Sam and others did .

It's vital that people around them notice the signs first as the person going through this is already transported in a way to a different space.

And Ranjanji initiating addressing it was the first step.

Awesome take Nisha .Edited by Errantnomad - 8 years ago
This just reiterates the fact at we do look up to different people for different needs and kind of support . So parents or husband or extended family cannot fulfill every need even if they are trying hard.

And then it's not easy to know the balance also right?.
It will help if Mr. Iyer is not cocky about this now slamming it in cos as much as she needs her parents now she most definitely needs her dude too to feel good about herself and get out of this rut. She needs help and everyone needs to pitch in without the tu tu mein mein.