Users

Frequent Posters

super_cutie thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
I'm a silent reader of this story but I can't help myself from posting this 
Really felt bad when I saw post saying she is no more 
I just can't believe my eyes when I saw tat post
I really thought It should just be a nightmare but...
really don't know wat to say 
I liked all ur conversation especially about her wedding 
This is really cruel
This disease sucks the human life my aunt is also suffering from this disease(breast cancer) plz pray for her also guys.
And she will be always with us in our thoughts 
I feel bad that I have not  interacted with her even for once.
May her soul rest in peace😭
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
#Don't Go

Nivi:  I had unknowingly begun channeling you and Doc S when I wrote about R&B and II.😳 I think I even PMed you about it once

Life, this tale, this page and all of us... nothing will be the same anymore. I am not good at poetry or with words but will say something I read today.  I have not  met too many noble souls in my life, less than a handful ... you are on that list now. You have influenced me in ways I cant begin to narrate👏

Mr Roosevelt probably meant you when he said the following

A man's usefulness depends upon his living up to his ideals insofar as he can.

It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.

All daring and courage, all iron endurance of misfortune-make for a finer, nobler type of manhood.

Only those are fit to live who do not fear to die and none are fit to die who have shrunk from the joy of life and the duty of life.

~Theodore Roosevelt 

Her flight was now at 4 PM on Saturday the 4th, 
it was going to take her into Delhi around  11 AM on Sunday the 5th after a 6 hr layover in Dubai
direct flights were all booked and he wouldnt let her fly Economy
Sunday gave her a day to catch up and return to work, Monday the 6th.

They met his partners on Friday for a game of bowling, and cocktails at the Kitsch Tequila bar. 
The uber cool Black Calvados Bar now owned by Blitz, black leather sofas, black lacquered walls, cuckoo clock, 60s record sleeves
glowing mushroom clocks, barman attired in authentic lederhosen... an impossibly cool and sexy place

They returned at 3 AM... not worrying about who the designated driver will be... well she could have drove, but they took a cab
More about Friday the 3rd later...

Sunday the 5th... she spent most of the morning tidying up, and by 2 ish showered and "almost" ready... well not quite

She wore a flowing floral skirt with a scarf like belt, and a  blouse knotted at the waist

She had too many things for carry on, a linen bag with Eiffel image, her purse from India she packed away she instead carried one with tassels which she bought new on Saturday,
 her cabin baggage and another bag,... she went from bag to bag to bag, rearranging things

He had actually given her a purple hiker backpack filled with candy... she wanted to take that to India too

She had two suitcases...

He wandered frustrated, he wore navy shorts with  
lil white anchors all over and a white cotton shirt with curved edges, carelessly folded sleeves

"U have TOO many things in your hand" he muttered

She didnt respond... she was upset and moddy, she hadnt said a word to him since morning

Well.. she had but only things like... "The coffee maker has condensed steam on the side vent"

"The back patio door wont shut fully"

"U have a purse with tassles, u are wearing a skirt with uneven edges, and a bag with tassels" he explained

She looked at him like "tumhe kya?" maybe?

Her packed things were in the clothes closet floor, the bed, the bedroom floor and the living room couch

He chased her to the living room, she turned to avoid him and stubbed her toe in the wooden ladder placed by his wall of books

She winced and sat down on the couch and cried for a good five minutes

"Let me take a look" he begged walking over to her, she hid her toes with BOTH hands

"Wear something less cluttered... and I promise to ship all these things to u, just go with ur bag, or 
let me get u a direct flight" he offered various choices

"U have so many things that could get caught or trip u" he coaxed

She turned and looked at his shorts, she loved the tiny anchor symbols on his shorts

He wore tan loafers with lace all around, with a tiny bow over his toes... "impossibly cool and sexy"

DARN IT!!!

YA
IMPOSSIBLY COOL AND SEXY
WHY?
HE COULD HAVE JUST WORN FLIP FLOPS AND UMM... I DONT KNOW HE COULD BE WRAPPED IN A GARBAGE BAG AND BE SEXY
WRONGGG!!!

NEVERMIND

HE KNEELED DOWN BY HER SOFA HANDS STILL IN HIS POCKETS

She smarted quickly moving away from him...

GREAT!
PILE ALL OVER ME, LOOKING LIKE "THAT"
#CRIMINAL
I CAN SHUT MY EYES, AND PLUG MY EARS
BUT IF I PLUG MY NOSE SO I DONT INHALE THAT GODDAMN SEXY SCENT
I AM GOING TO DIE AND ITS GOING TO BE ALL YOUR FAULT

AYYYOYO!!!!

FYI: NOT COOL!!! MOVE AWAY!!

She peeked from between her eyelashes... She saw one of his sleeves rolled up to the elbow and the other below his elbow

"Let me send everything... just take ur bag"

"Vendaam... I am taking everything... I am not even leaving a bindi on the mirror" she snapped

"He pulled one hand out

"I am sorry but its a mess" he said bluntly

"Oh! well... thank you then... 
feels lovely" she cried, stumbling on her skirt edge as she got off the couch, almost bonking her knee on his coffee table

"U dont even entertain.. WHY do u need a coffee table? Oh! sorry... YES u do... 
u go to fancy taverns and tequila bars with men wearing skinny jeans and smoking French cigs I am wrong" she muttered

"II" he grabbed her

They landed on the couch

He held her weight and the fall

NIIICE...
ACT LIKE U ARE FALLING AGAIN... OR ACT LIKE U PASSED OUT HE WILL
HOLD U ONE MORE TIME
UMM... YA... I WANT TO KEEP FEELING HIM

GET OVER IT DI
GO BACK HOME

She extricated herself from him  and scooted to the far corner of the couch

Before she could get off, he lay on her lap

"Enough II" he warned

"Umm... my TOE hurts" she lied

"Its not bleeding so u are lying" he informed

"Seri... I am lying... happy now?" she muttered

"Take ur linen bag, switch bag to another new purse" he began

"I dont need ur advice" "If U give me advice I WILL TOO" she warned, passionately

He lay on her lap, she didnt touch him but her  arms stiffly on her sides

He dug his head in

"Agar itni fiqar hai to saath chalo" she muttered and when he began to speak

She gestured to shut up

"Oh ya... yes... yes... u love Paris and u love your company, u love ur job... ya.. and all that" she completed her rant

He lay on her lap forever... or so she thought

"I love ur anchor shorts... these are my favorite from now... ALL TIME" she cried softly

He took her right hand and traced anchors with her index finger in areas where she felt things stir

He watched her blush... with deep satisfaction

She balled her hand into a fist...

"Count them" he ordered huskily

"Umm" she said thoughtfully... "200 hundred" "there!" she said sarcastically

"ur estimation skills are not the best" he whispered

"Great, I am disorganized, messy and my prediction skills suck.. thank God I am good in ... (bed?) I am probably awful in bed too" she said

"Not to mention in cooking, and in folding laundry... thanks for living with me... oops thats a lie, u dont live with me, thanks for marrying me... not sure what it means

He pulled her sideways, tackling her, as they fought on the couch, sending stuff from the coffee table down

"I said ENOUGH II!!!!!" he ordered

Finally overpowering her, watching her let out a soft acquiescing moan

He kissed her long and hard...

"Let me help you" he moaned huskily on her lips

"Nope... I only take help from men I am not married to" she said with a humorless smile

"Good grief!!!" he moaned, kissing her again helplessly as she shook angrily beneath him
"Stay II" he requested in the most innocent sad voice

She finally wrapped her arms around his neck and hugged him fully
Edited by Nisha0604 - 8 years ago
blue5sky thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nisha0604

I wrote a chapter this morning, I was in a hurry to take the kids out, sometimes I write first, post and log out

I did the same, and saw a post about how cruel life is. I went to my PM and found Vani's "Nivi is gone" she said

I couldnt even shut the page down, my hands shook so bad. I completely forgot about it😲

Uncannily I had a title of "Don't Go" on this one😭 I was sending II to India. Between Vani and Diva they had worked out a good plan to reach the updates to her. I was reassured by that. I know life is bigger than a dumb romantic fiction online

But Nivi at the end of every email would say "Please agla chapter jaldi post karen aap, I find the Venice journey beautiful". I dont know any more... 😭like I said in my previous post... I am insane, ridiculous, farcical, silly, ludicrous and bizarre. Thats the way Nivi knows me... so I shall remain this way

It's isn't dumb fiction Nisha. It's what got us all here in the first place. Gave us a new community of choice;  friendly non-judging people amidst whom we can share and swear uninhibited. I'm sure Nivi would love II and RnB to live their lives 
dristi64 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
It feels like the rug has been pulled from under my feet. The person I've spoken to nearly every single day in the last 3 months is not going to talk to me again, like ever? Who's going to gush with me about our mutual love for dance, how it's never too late to learn anything? The Salsa class with her doctor who danced into her heart with two left feet, the haircut which led her to b given a sucker by the parlour ladies at the end of it. The wedding in December and how to tell the groom's sister that she doesn't wish for anything grand...
Shoot!! I remember so so much about her. What an amazing person to have left so much of an impact. I'll never tire of talking about her I guess. Ppl I've shared this with in my real life are not being able to comprehend the depth of this feeling. How can we care so much about someone we've just spoken to for 3 months and never met? Well, that's NIVI for you.
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
II's first born shall be named Maanvi, and Sam will call her Nivi.
I am not wealthy, I have nothing to my name, except credit card bills and car loans...I cannot designate a research wing at NYU or dedicate a poetry library... the only way I can make her live on forever is to have her be here forever.

I am weak, powerless and little... life reminds me every now and then as if I forgot

arshi21 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Most innocent sad voice. 
This sentence made me feel awful for them. And heir hug made me go awww. ..

How will they work this out? Waiting to read about that :')

I wish his innocent sad request is heard and II never leaves him. I don't care about Paris or Delhi. As long as they are together 
blue5sky thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

I am not wealthy, I have nothing to my name, except credit card bills and car loans...I cannot designate a research wing at NYU or dedicate a poetry library... the only way I can make her live on forever is to have her be here forever.

I am weak, powerless and little... life reminds me every now and then as if I forgot

🤗 you are adorable.

Can't thank you enough for the update.
Edited by blue5sky - 8 years ago
EnVee thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
And that I think would be the apt tribute to Nivi on this thread Nisha. You are indeed a brave woman.

A poem of P B Shelley that I really like. For Nivi

MUSIC, when soft voices die,     
Vibrates in the memory;     
Odours, when sweet violets sicken,     
Live within the sense they quicken.     

Rose leaves, when the rose is dead,             5
Are heap'd for the belovd's bed;     
And so thy thoughts, when thou art gone,     
Love itself shall slumber on.
ishruhi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
😳

this and a peacock feather is what it comes to my mind whenever i think about her...
dristi64 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

The next time I dance on stage it's going to be a tribute to NIVI. I've thought of this all day n night long yesterday. Hope I start learning Kathak someday soon and have more to share with her in my heart❤️