Users

Frequent Posters

cineraria thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: indi52

hi rhea,

thanks so much.

people fear... okay today i am in that funny mood and shall say what often bothers me about people... and i speak of the collective, because behaving in a crazy mass sort of way seems to be our wont and we do everything we can to avoid individuality, standing out, being what our inner self may call us to be.

so we fear.

especially heady mad love... because it calls us to be a little crazy, it may or may not give us what we want, it may fail. and we are forever processing everything from the point of view of outcome, results, whatever.

it is easier to chase money, because we instinctively feel money cannot hurt us, we have control over it. and money will therefore make us happy.

but love?

yet i really think, if anything will ultimately make you feel life, be alive, go the trip your limited life span on earth will be, then it must be that complete sort of feeling you develop for another being. a real being, who will not be all you want them to be, who will bother the heck out of you, make you plunge in and find things about yourself you didn't even know and raise yoy to giddy heights of joy within. fall in love with all you have in you and really it will lead you where and beyond you never know.

the journey will not be easy. that is pretty mandatory.

but really, the courageous will find immense wealth and inconceivable happiness.

mills and boon, for whatever reason, hinted at that. all  the time. it said be giddy, go for head over heels, fall, let go...

it called out to me as i grew up... 12 to 17, i must have read a millie boonie a day, often skipping, hitting page 57 for kiss one, rushing to the end for the pull drag dhak dhak scene. innocent happy silly stuff, but a purity in it. some will call it stupidity.

okay, give it to them... stupidity. but pure.

that purity appeals. it's like gold. it's like asr. it's like that essential molten feeling between asr and khushi.

if you believe that can exist, it does. if not... not.

we create our realities, i believe that like asr.

just because a thing doesn't fit our highly limited rational examination, does not mean it isn't there...

think god, you'll know what i mean.

i love ipk unashamedly unabashedly completely. even when i want to scream and slap someone.

i have seen and gone  a bit nuts over enough handsome men in my life, they didn't get me to watch a serial (not even mad men has done it... maybe because i am ready to look at the pure and don't need constant nuancing by what we term "reality"... i felt terrible when i heard betty had cancer... how we fear, how much we fear to want something truly), nothing got me writing this frantically, not even my honours course in literature, not my work as copywriter. this feeling that i must write.

it was this romance, this love which said to h with fear and which got told by two actors who have such vibe that even dubbing doesn't diminish their pull... that got me here.

i used to watch in the middle of the night and often hear myself thinking: this will save the planet more than many pompous sounding do gooding stuff... and such a joy to see love and romance and its nature its storm and thunder brought back centre stage. i do believe people who love deeply and freely and experience all of it or are ready to, take better decisions in many things, because they are more "whole" in a way... okay this is a hypothesis, based on no real rigorous experimentation data gathering and inference... just a strong feeling.

when russian sounding names are among the first to hit like on an episode take or egyptian girls or someone else watching ipk now and very often minus the sounds of asr and kkg and are still falling apart, i just feel the power of this love story... and this astounding chemistry again. and so enjoy it.

may not surprise you to hear that most of my friends, people in their fifties and forties, avoid the topic, look at me with a trace of not too well concealed pity in their eyes if i mention the show or barun, i am sure they think i am fairly stupid. i am. i have no problem being stupid.

but i must write, i must...

so yeah, let whoever wants to laugh at m and b or disney type romance and reach for their "realistic" tempered and pruned pyaar do so... me leaping in with hair pin and taking the air out of my own inflated sense of intelligence, so it doesn't stop me from getting stuck and being silly... ohhh is that asr coming to help me fix things.

also...

two of my favourite men, asr and mr lee kwan yew have pondered the issue of power and how essential it is if you want to achieve someting. i believe that. there are different kinds of places you look within yourself and delve for that power and establish it before the world.

khushi also believed in power, the power of her beliefs, her feelings and she also exceeded limits when she felt something needed to be done. i find it absolutely wrong to assume, asr's basic way of approaching life was full of holes and we needed the beautiful lovely kkg to come and remodel him. they were who they were, mix of the several things that make us, in themselves and they were in many ways alike, asr recognised certain things for what they were and said so. their story to me is more about an extra rational pretty impossible to define connection that two strangers begin to feel... and then you find they really seem to need each other, they each have a "key" that the other is unlocked with... as if each had been sent by life to the other to complete a story. doesn't mean either person changes and becomes someone else, just that they begin to be free... open up... evolve their own way, be more... reach... and yes, feel the sense of happiness deep within.

i hope asr is being brusque and unreasonable somewhere while looking incredibly sexy and kkgsr is planning her next crazy move to bother him... i hope he is being awfully arrogant with buyers and suppliers and winning like mad in business, i hope he is smiling a little condescendingly at kkgsr as she speaks of her sort of stuff but accepting that tika from her anyway... i hope she is making him his sugar free jalebi... and he is teaching her some jalebi making every night.

we need our fairy tales to reach out and grab love in life. all these millions of books on business and "serious matters", hehe just fairy tales of another kind, only those are about grabbing something else.

i shall not apologise for the length and incoherence of this jawab.

How do you even do it Indi behn? Just how? I am so utterly gobsmacked, I can't even... 

Aar behen, I share your sentiments, how after watching an ASR, knowing an ASR, hearing an ASR, dreaming of ASR, how does one even imagine that there could be somebody comparable? It brings joy and heartbreak simultaneously. 😆 

Indi di, wasn't this the very purpose of fiction? Reality wasn't enough, reality seemed vapid, reality didn't offer hope so fiction was an escape. I have heard people say how happy endings are silly, in real life there isn't a happy ending. Bitchy as it may sound but the first thought that comes to my mind then is, "Sure dude, you certainly aren't getting one. Call the dreamers silly but they have much better chance at finding happiness for at least they look for it."

In AD I often shy away talking about my craze for this show for I do fear those eyes full of pity or ridicule, I can do with amusement though. Where I find amusement I share my sanak and watch the amusement grow. 

IPK is one of those "fictions", it gives you hope, it makes you dream, it makes you laugh, live, love and to top it all up (hehehehe who forgets ASR dialogues?) it makes you creative. At least it made so many of us discover their hidden writer, poet, artist and what not? 

So cheers to the show, cheers to ASR, cheers to KKG, cheers to their love and cheers to the blaster behens. 👏

@bold red - *nods head so vehemently that it gets on the verge of falling off*

@bold black - sigh. so beautiful.

@bold blue - I'd want to believe that too. 

cineraria thumbnail
Hello hi bye bye behens. Hum phirse hiyan tapak gaye. Bhat to do, you peepulj are so phantastic nandkissore. And I miss being here. 😭
indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: kizh72

Hayee absolutely loved reading the take and jawab Indi di. That certain indefinable something, which got us here & keeps us here. Was telling my mom about you Indi di & the friendship I found here. What rhea said about the actors & the rest been touched by that something is so true. Magic happened. These episodes are probably the high points of ipk.

hi kizh, no more in an airport? yay. thanks for reading and you mentioned me to your mum? that's sweet... i was telling my husband yesterday he better get to know and recall all your names as you guys are my "real" friends. these are the abs best days of ipk and it just keeps getting headier till that shadi... i've been really enjoying writing whatever i feel like about them. yeah, the vibe between cast and also creatives did jadoo nasha stuff.
indi52 thumbnail

Originally posted by: cineraria

How do you even do it Indi behn? Just how? I am so utterly gobsmacked, I can't even... 

Aar behen, I share your sentiments, how after watching an ASR, knowing an ASR, hearing an ASR, dreaming of ASR, how does one even imagine that there could be somebody comparable? It brings joy and heartbreak simultaneously. 😆 look with your dil... asr is lurking somewhere out there.

Indi di, wasn't this the very purpose of fiction? Reality wasn't enough, reality seemed vapid, reality didn't offer hope so fiction was an escape. I have heard people say how happy endings are silly, in real life there isn't a happy ending. Bitchy as it may sound but the first thought that comes to my mind then is, "Sure dude, you certainly aren't getting one. Call the dreamers silly but they have much better chance at finding happiness for at least they look for it."

In AD I often shy away talking about my craze for this show for I do fear those eyes full of pity or ridicule, I can do with amusement though. Where I find amusement I share my sanak and watch the amusement grow. 

IPK is one of those "fictions", it gives you hope, it makes you dream, it makes you laugh, live, love and to top it all up (hehehehe who forgets ASR dialogues?) it makes you creative. At least it made so many of us discover their hidden writer, poet, artist and what not? 

So cheers to the show, cheers to ASR, cheers to KKG, cheers to their love and cheers to the blaster behens. 👏

@bold red - *nods head so vehemently that it gets on the verge of falling off*

@bold black - sigh. so beautiful.

@bold blue - I'd want to believe that too. 

to top it all up.

first, sister cyn, hum must laugh. really asr and his super angreji... i don't have a character surely.

hi, sir... wonderful to see you. and love what ya say... esp in pink... also grinning... when ipk gets a young one it feels like triumph to me. i hate to see people in whom tomorrow lives and breathes reduced to this transactional half lived world... glad you feel those fairly unkind thoughts about the non happy endings believing guys. you are so right, they just don't have the cojones... safer to be safe and be "realistic".

ye asr bhi na, he's going to get all of us, bachche budhe, no discrimination no prejudice, very very bad... he also doesn't have a character hah.

indi52 thumbnail
episode 138

how poignant and disturbing was that opening on shashi ji's desperate attempt to communicate, then his pushing his stalled hand to do his bidding and grab khushi's fingers, wrench away her ring and fling it. a brilliant shot, thick and roiled with emotion, a despairing love.

and yet, he couldn't do what he'd set out to. save khushi.

the malevolence walked in with a smooth rejoinder to a fallen man's broken call of warning.

his daughter couldn't connect the dots though she was extremely disturbed about shyam herself. she'd been picking on clues, hints, a faint sense of foreboding in the air, all was not as it should be she could sense.

a terrible truth is on its way to revelation, a young girl with an inordinate ability to love others, who asked nothing practically for herself, who has even felt the touch of love but never that of self love, not an iota of cunning in her, and who has in her own way taken her mind as far away from that love because there is the matter of his commitment to another, an innocent clean clear eyed girl who never ever did deserve the uncouth filthy game played by a man she had met quite by chance one day... she is headed toward a horrible truth.

the sheer and gross unfairness of it all makes one angry almost.

the vulnerable look in her eyes, and their questions. 

when shyam came she asked him in her forthright way about not being there that afternoon. he diverted khushi's attention with talk of akash ji and jiji and khushkhabari, knowing how happy she was and how her mind would instantly jump to that topic.

yet she persisted. how did you know?

khushi was clearly feeling things and was not in a mood to ignore everything.

i almost wished she had, for i couldn't bear to see her so badly struck. it would be a body blow when it came and what would happen to this young and happy eighteen year old then. aren't we allowed to keep our dreams just a little longer? and yet, i was happy it happened.

"ghabriye mat, hume to aise hi mazaa aata hai...!" don't worry, i have fun when it becomes like this, shyam was sickening in his gloating euphoria. he now could control both shashi ji's girls it seems. i was watching on father's day, made everything feel even more obscene.

"haan! wo kab aaye?" bua ji exclaimed on hearing shyam's name. he'd said he knew of payal and akash's engagement from her. instantly khushi knew he'd lied.

feelings swarmed around khushi... swirling, confusing... like that tyre being rolled... change is coming...

camera went around her slowly, this track is very much an ipk device to portray a character's inner struggle, confusion.

satya narayan pooja at rm. and just as khushi had been happy and verbose and making lists for the engagement at gh, here a happy mees kasyap does the same. both girls will come to a terrible crossroads the very next day... la will lose the man she believes she loves, khushi will practically lose her sanity.

there's talk of khushi's fiance the next morning and again asr can't take it. a feeling is asserting itself regardless of the tycoon's faraq nahin padta and glares.

anjali calls khushi to invite her and the relentless pursuit of truth to be found out continues, she hears shyam and he says a word she has already heard him use... ranisahiba. he had a glib explanation. but she can recognise the voice, it's familiar, even before this has happened, and now that word?

did i hear ranisahiba or... she wonders, eyes completely troubled, what's pulling her in toward a fate she doesn't fathom... yet senses its presence. beautiful writing and acting. this episode was khushi's and sanaya made sure no one took it away from her even for an instant. i watched her absorbed feeling her steeping in that scary feeling, struggling, trying to get on top of it.

looked like, the subconscious has made a terrifying connection and the conscious is trying to push it away... did i hear ranisahiba? of course, she knows she did, she knows what that means so she must not know, not right now...

she and la wear the same colour today. another little game by creatives? when la and di giggled together i felt sad for these two women, one of them will remain deceived for many more months, at least la too has started noticing things... today khushi refused to call asr, a look from la said she was intrigued.

as khushi set off to call di, a beautiful sequence of her walking slowly, words floating at her... the voice, the words, a growing certainty and a worried push away... how can this be...

whatever this is.

shyam is merrily conning his wife, anjali hobbles out and khushi doesn't see shyam, again. but this time, she needs to know who anjali ji's husband is. she cranes her neck to see him.

she clearly suspects something and frazzled beyond words she is... turning again and again to see the man...

"yeh hume kya ho raha hai... hum aisa kyun soch rahe hain ki anjali ji ke pati... yeh hum kar kya rahe hai..." what's happening to me? why am i thinking that anjali ji's husband...? what am i doing? khushi admonishes herself, the girl who is circumspect to a fault was ready to barge into anjali's bedroom just to see her husband.

the curdling thickening fear and horror in khushi is palpable. i was reminded of asr's talk in the head after almost kissing khushi on diwali night, that was fear of another kind.

terribly worried and vulnerable in that state, she walks away...

and we come to a brilliantly written little scene that again illuminates the very nature of this thing we call love.

without planning, without volition, khushi's feet walk in the direction it sets for itself. shaken and in need of some stability, someone she can trust, she walks straight into asr's room.

no knocking. no asking permission. for she is lost in her thoughts, it's her instincts that have found him, she has no idea where she has walked up to. or rather whom.

the one her instinct knows is trustworthy, hers, her home...

an offhand "tum yahan kya kar rahi ho?" alerts her to her whereabouts.

she looks around dumbfounded, nothing quite registering... beautiful direction.

"kya hua?" what happened?

"kuch chahiye tumhe?" do you want anything?

"kuch baat karni hai?" do you want to say anything?

he is not at all his dragon self. he can sense something too perhaps.

and just as she had come without asking, she turns around abruptly and leaves, leaving him mystified...

he leaves it at, "unbelievable".

la is wearing that necklace, the one he gave la because khushi loved it. i wonder in that fragile state how khushi felt to see that necklace. knowing her, she probably refused to let it bother her, just get on with things.

another favourite ipk devise, the lost ear ring was used to let shyam enter the havan area without being spotted by khushi.

the first time i saw this i had no idea if they'd go all the way through to the revelation, i know it hurt khushi terribly and she made the mistake of not telling asr which led to the events of the night of valentine's day... but was i glad that this crazy engagement with shyam was over.

there was something heinous and unutterably obscene about this whole shyam thing. her remaining unknowing of his mind and mendacity would have made it a million times more sick. every time he touched her or acted as someone with a right to question her, it felt wrong and adulterous... khushi, clean, pure, totally goodhearted being smeared by this, or anywhere even remotely connected to it, made me shudder. ghin aati hai hume... i feel repulsed... she said later about his lascivious intent and actions. i felt that every time he even looked at her. and a part of me always feels bad that her best palat was given to shyam.

Edited by indi52 - 8 years ago
cineraria thumbnail

to top it all up.

first, sister cyn, hum must laugh. really asr and his super angreji... i don't have a character surely.

hi, sir... wonderful to see you. and love what ya say... esp in pink... also grinning... when ipk gets a young one it feels like triumph to me. i hate to see people in whom tomorrow lives and breathes reduced to this transactional half lived world... glad you feel those fairly unkind thoughts about the non happy endings believing guys. you are so right, they just don't have the cojones... safer to be safe and be "realistic".

ye asr bhi na, he's going to get all of us, bachche budhe, no discrimination no prejudice, very very bad... he also doesn't have a character hah.

To top it all up, his angreji makes my heart sing. 

To top it all up asr and ipk have beyond reasonable doubt got us all hook line and sinker. It makes that troublesome pest called dimaag who likes to throw useless logic and pragmatism at you ekdum shaant, thanda. Dimaag reduces to a mushy puddle, kya bolun ab? 

To top it all up, not only those visible online, there a vast fandom out there which is not vocal on twitter, doesn't know about a site called IF but is still very much there. I walk towards my lecture crossing the corridor towards my class with a few others and there I hear a phone ringing, that familiar melody of Rabba Ve. I stop in my tracks and turn to find a girl, fiddling with the zip of her bag to take out her phone. I give her a wide smile, "Bhelcome to the Brotherhood/ Sisterhood bhatever." 😆

I find another two sitting at the back, talking about missing this particular man, the actor. When will his movie release? I feel obliged to share all information I have. We have made plans to watch the movie together, whenever that happens.

It makes me realize, just how huge is this IPKKND. And how great is this love. And it grows. Iss Pyaar ko kya naam doon? (To top it all up 😆)

aarwen thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Amanji your words brought tears to my eyes...
so so so nice to hear that..
indi52 thumbnail

Originally posted by: cineraria

To top it all up, his angreji makes my heart sing. 

To top it all up asr and ipk have beyond reasonable doubt got us all hook line and sinker. It makes that troublesome pest called dimaag who likes to throw useless logic and pragmatism at you ekdum shaant, thanda. Dimaag reduces to a mushy puddle, kya bolun ab? 

To top it all up, not only those visible online, there a vast fandom out there which is not vocal on twitter, doesn't know about a site called IF but is still very much there. I walk towards my lecture crossing the corridor towards my class with a few others and there I hear a phone ringing, that familiar melody of Rabba Ve. I stop in my tracks and turn to find a girl, fiddling with the zip of her bag to take out her phone. I give her a wide smile, "Bhelcome to the Brotherhood/ Sisterhood bhatever." 😆

I find another two sitting at the back, talking about missing this particular man, the actor. When will his movie release? I feel obliged to share all information I have. We have made plans to watch the movie together, whenever that happens.

It makes me realize, just how huge is this IPKKND. And how great is this love. And it grows. Iss Pyaar ko kya naam doon? (To top it all up 😆)

to top it all up... brilliant is your ode to asr angreji, sister cin. 👏 👏 👏

i am loving it too, d'you understand! 😆

yeah, we shall find them on "the beaches... on the landing grounds, in the fields and in the streets," we shall find them in the classroom, the corridors, the gyms, even starbucks and coffee bean, and coffee day; we are everywhere and we shall not surrender. we shall all go and see the movie together.

no need to give name, just top it all up.

Edited by indi52 - 8 years ago
cineraria thumbnail

Originally posted by: aarwen

Amanji your words brought tears to my eyes...

so so so nice to hear that..

Rhea behen a big hug. 🤗 Delightful isn't it, discovering new friends and feeling an instant connection with a stranger for we share the same interest, love. 
cineraria thumbnail

to top it all up... brilliant is your ode to asr angreji, sister cin. 👏 👏 👏

i am loving it too, d'you understand! 😆

yeah, we shall find them on "the beaches... on the landing grounds, in the fields and in the streets," we shall find them in the classroom, the corridors, the gyms, even starbucks and coffee bean, and coffee day; we are everywhere and we shall not surrender. we shall all go and see the movie together.

no need to give name, just top it all up.

Thank you behen and Amen to that in bold blue. 

How wonderful is the feeling. In fact, we did keep up with the plan made in third semester, we went together to watch the first movie that released at the end of the fifth semester. 

Now they message me every other day, any news? When will the next release. 😆

Hahaha, so true, in words of Gulzaar, Pyaar ko pyaar hi rehene do, koi naam na do. (God, the song from Khamoshi is an absolute favorite to top it all up!)

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLxM7smo4QQ[/YOUTUBE]