PRez not at all a feminist-palatable story...still

dunceHat thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
yoo hoo...

K...mmm..ok , let me put it this way for you...
this PRez is not at all a feminist-palatable story...still let me do a pitch for you :)

rumor has it that it's fiction based on true story and also
another rumor has it that it is loosely based on Khalid's "A Thousand Splendid Suns"! 
It's raw...damn raw...I don't know if you can gulp it down as a story well-told; because I'm sailing fab.ly with it so far...in fact wid zero rants!

heroine is a gulp-queen terrified by happenings still shows enuf spunk! if you look at stories where the world is all open for them and the lady chooses BH-ghetto to squirm in,
then under the circ..this one actually appears to be scared yet spunky...well! don't have expectations of wom-lib and all that...just treat it as a story from a mad bad indian hinterland, then you won't mind it!

I think, you will be able to take it, if you look at it as muscle-power and ruthlessness against totally unprepared school-teacher family(girl's fam)!
plus
the editing is crisp, story maintains good pace, well directed, fab dialoguebaazi, drama...characters (to me) appear true to their nature so far

ENJOY!!

edit: title updated
Edited by dunceHat - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

dunceHat thumbnail
๐Ÿ˜†btw above was a pitch about p-rez to a feminist-styled IF frnd
she said shez gonna check it out

and so did an other๐Ÿ˜† I'll post the story-summary I gave...gimme a min
sandiab thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Duncy I agree when I watch I dnt feel this story is just ab the ordinary girl developing a back bone and standing up for herself a very important part of the show is about Sher and his journey and u can just feel it when u watch it. Most shows like to force feminism on us and make their female character do grand gestures and then they pull the rug from under us when we think its that and dnt develop the characters properly and make them mahaan aka my darling suhani. Bt this 1 they haven't made shraddha mahaan yet thank god I will enjoy the gulping deer queen until they make her madly mahaan.
dunceHat thumbnail

Originally posted by: sandiab

Duncy I agree when I watch I dnt feel this story is just ab the ordinary girl developing a back bone and standing up for herself a very important part of the show is about Sher and his journey and u can just feel it when u watch it. Most shows like to force feminism on us and make their female character do grand gestures and then they pull the rug from under us when we think its that and dnt develop the characters properly and make them mahaan aka my darling suhani. Bt this 1 they haven't made shraddha mahaan yet thank god I will enjoy the gulping deer queen until they make her madly mahaan.

G'm Sandy!

She's pre-mahanned (shradha). So, we won't go into shock!๐Ÿ˜†

deer sounds better...I tht of goat.
sandiab thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Good morning Duncy and lol if pre mahaan is this I wonder what post mahaan will be lol. Some of us think she is a deer, u think of her as goat and bhavri thinks she has meow meow ways lol. I wonder what animal she will be compared to next