Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

teekay thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: lalarukh

U know   in my eyes ur reputation is marked real high from the day u have started the story...had not u wrote the pain that intense we wouldn't be enjoying the peaceful moment this much right now...u know its like jab kuch nahi hota life mien then ous ki real sense mien worth samajh ati hay...as otherwise we take things for granted...simply hats off teekey for ur all efforts from day oneπŸ‘

Thank you.😊
teekay thumbnail

Originally posted by: star_fan1

It was really a beautiful and lovely update 

Loved the way Arnav and Khushi coming closer, not like before but with love and respect for each other 
They are not only sharing their pain but smiles and laughter with each other 
Arnav made her see that how much he love and respact her 

His talk with Payal was really very sweet 
She made him realise that confession is necessary part of love and her calling him Jiju was so cute 

Arnav is really a wonderful person he always cared for his lved ones and his care for Payal's sefty is not wrong at all
Loved the way Arnav is trying to make Khushi a independent girl and other side making arrangement to propose her 
Glad to know that soon Lavanya and other girls will be free form that hell 

Khushi's trust on Aenav for herself and Payal is really strong now
Both know their feelings for each other it is a right time for confession of their love 
Want to know how is Arnav going to propose Khushi 
Very well and beautiful written update made us smile all time during reading this chapter 
Hats off for your wonderful writing skill 
Waiting for next update eagerly 

Thank you.
I am making up with smiles for the past agony.

teekay thumbnail

Originally posted by: Janu75

A smooth one with Arnav planning to go all out with his proposal to her.

Kiddo payal is no more a kiddo !she understands perfectly the plight of these two and in her own way gave Arnav the opening to lay his heart open to khushi.

Both of them realize that they trust each other and love and trust will bring them together and keep them bonded for ever until there are no more road blocks...it's time for them to experience happiness and a family to cherish.

These two are kind of obviously smitten with each other. And Payal is 16 and not dumb. So it wasn't too hard for her to guess. Of course she doesnt know all their history.

teekay thumbnail
teekay thumbnail

Originally posted by: SilentShadow

which story is this? 

teekay you have another story? or am i confusing myself here. πŸ˜†

I have a few stories, just not on Arhi. Ilzaam is the same as Accused more or less, written for my most loyal set of readers who've helped me for a long time.
teekay thumbnail

Originally posted by: SanayaMyLIFE

Mindblowing wonderful updates

Thanks for reading.
teekay thumbnail

Originally posted by: Armela

Awe what a sweet update. Finally both are realising their feelings of love for each other and moving forward.

As their trust deepens, so will their love.
teekay thumbnail

Originally posted by: maanmeet1

M so tensed about the pacnhgani part...

M thrilled but more tensed...what if someone ditch dem in the process

Khushi trusts Arnav, so we should too😊
teekay thumbnail

Chapter 39: Promises

"Where are you two off to all of a sudden?" Khushi asked when she noticed Arnav and Payal all dressed up and ready to go outside. Arnav had surprisingly come back from work in the middle of the afternoon, and now half an hour later, it seems like Payal and him were going out.

But where? No one had told her anything.

"We're going out for some time. You need anything?" Arnav answered coolly and Payal didn't even bother to respond - as if it was just the most normal thing for her to hang out with Arnav. They'd come really close in just a few days.

"No. But where are you going?"

"Just to get a few things. We'd be back soon." Arnav answered.

"Should I come along?" Khushi offered, a touch annoyed at not being included. Since when did Payal and Arnav start making cool plans without even telling her?

"No." Arnav answered, almost too quickly. Then he added. "I mean you don't need to. You continue to study for your exams. We'd be back soon."

"Yeah di. See you." Payal concurred and Khushi, though perplexed, had no choice but to nod. However, for the next two hours she could barely concentrate on the books or the TV. She felt like a kid who had been asked to sit at home while all her friends were in the playground. When Payal and Arnav returned, they had huge grins on their faces, but nobody would tell her where they'd been. They were not even carrying any bags except a tub of ice cream which they graciously shared with her. But they surely weren't gone two hours for ice cream?!

Khushi was sitting in her room, still perplexed, when she heard a knock. She turned to see Arnav leaning at the door, looking sinfully gorgeous with a smirk on his face.

"Arnav" she said his name standing up.

"Hey, I hope I didn't disturb you. I just came to say, you have one hour. Get ready - we're going out for dinner."

"Dinner?"

"Yep."

"But why?"

"Because we got to eat to live. You ask too many questions, Khushi. Just get ready in an hour, ok?" Arnav said with mock annoyance and turned to leave. Then suddenly he stopped, turned his head to look at Khushi.

"Wear a sari."

Khushi stood at her spot puzzled for several minutes even after Arnav left. His behavior and his odd request was baffling. Sari, really? He asked her to wear a sari? Khushi looked at her wardrobe and saw the beautiful red sari she had found in her bags when they'd returned from shopping the other day. The whole dinner thing felt quite weird. Somehow, though, she couldn't help but feel excited. The way Arnav had been looking at her, standing at that door, made her feel beautiful and special. It was almost as if her life had just begun a few days ago and she had just met Arnav. Around him, she actually forgot her past. And then there was the way her heart raced up...

Khushi took a deep breath and calmed her heart down. It was just a dinner, just a meal. They ate together all the time these days. And Payal would be there too, she reasoned. There was no need to be feel so nervous, she told herself as she picked the sari and turned to the washroom to get ready.

But the nerves were back the moment she stepped out of her room, all dressed up an hour and ten minutes later.

Arnav was there, waiting in the living room, and as soon as she opened the door of her room, his eyes turned towards her and he forgot to breathe. She looked ethereal.

Khushi's eyes stopped on Arnav's and her heart suddenly jumped. He was dressed up formally, wearing a nice suit and looking radiant with a positive glow on his face. She loved the cream shirt he was wearing and something about the way he stood, with one of his hands in his pocket, exuded a hypnotic confidence. The scar on his head had almost healed and even his arm now had a heavy bandage instead of a full cast. He looked much better than she had ever remembered him look. But it was his eyes - oh, his eyes - that made Khushi gasp and instantly go weak in her knees. Automatically, her hand went to the door-frame as she stilled herself, confident that she would fall without the support. Arnav's eyes were penetrating deep inside her and she was afraid, very very afraid, that he would be able to peek and see the one secret she wouldn't dare tell him. Oh, I've got it bad, a voice within her said.

Arnav blinked. Slowly, deliberately. But she was still there.

Holy hell!

It was really Khushi, ten feet away from him, looking so gorgeous, so positively delicious, so full of life. His Khushi.

The red sari was gorgeous, but most of its beauty came from the person who wore it. Yes, of course he knew Khushi was beautiful and yes, he had imagined her wearing the sari ever since he bought it, but the reality surpassed his expectations many time over. Perhaps it was the faint smile on her face, or perhaps it was the gleam in her eyes. At that moment, just for that moment, she seemed like she had left behind her pains and her burdens and allowed herself to breath. If he hadn't been already so heads over heel in love with her, he would have probably been more surprised at how completely she had him dazzled with just one look, but now he just smiled. His heart was beating frantically for her and a wild ache threatened to over-rule his resistance and make him grab her in his arms until she said yes' to being his for the rest of their lives. Or fall at her feet and beg her to take him, whatever works. 'Oh, this is crazy. I am so done for!' he told himself as he took a deep breath and smiled again, saying her name.

"Khushi!" he repeated and started walking towards her. For the first time perhaps, she saw him just like a woman sees a man. No history, no labels. Just a man walking towards her. A gorgeous man. The man.

Why did my name suddenly seem sweeter? And oh God, that smile is killing me!' Khushi found herself thinking. "Arnav..."she managed aloud as she let the doorframe go and took a couple of steps towards him, closing the distance.

"You look gorgeous." he said and Khushi felt herself turning crimson. She'd heard those words before, but they'd never, ever done this to her. He made her feel beautiful. She turned her gaze away from his face to his feet.

Before she knew it, he was standing beside her holding her hand, his fingers intertwined with hers. She looked up at him, but he just continued to smile. Nerves exploded in Khushi's stomach and she wanted to pull her hand away, suddenly afraid, but he wouldn't let her. Instead, he just squeezed her hand, as if somehow he had senses her nervousness. Without breaking the eye contact, he pulled her hand up to his lips and kissed it.

"You are so beautiful, Khushi, you make my heart stop." he whispered and watched surprise wash over her eyes to be quickly replaced by her blush. He chuckled a bit to himself, sure now that he affected her like she affected him. Then he let the hands fall down, though they stayed intertwined and let his eyes point to the door of the house.

"Let's go?" he said and took a few steps forward, pulling her along.

"Payal?" she asked after a few seconds, suddenly coming back to her senses. Arnav looking into her eyes had her mesmerized, but once they started walking she realized Payal wasn't around. Wasn't she coming to dinner?

Arnav turned back and looked at her. "Her dinner is ordered in. She's staying home tonight. Don't worry, I asked Seeta to come and stay till we are back, and one bodyguard would be here too. She'd be fine. Now let's go..."

"We're going alone?" she asked, surprised. She had stopped walking and looked at Arnav with a puzzled look.

Arnav smiled and let her hand go. Then he called Payal's name aloud. A few seconds later, Payal was standing at the door of her room.

"You called, bhaiya?"

"Yes. Say bye to your sister." Arnav said.

"Oh. Bye Khushi di. Enjoy your evening."

"Payal..."Khushi began to say something but Payal cut her off.

"I am watching a movie on my laptop, di. Talk to you tomorrow morning. Enjoy your date." Payal shut the door of her room again and went inside. Khushi was amazed and looked towards Arnav again. Did she just say date?

"She'd be fine Khushi. She's a good kid and she's quite independent. Plus there are people to look after her and she has you and me a call away." Arnav tried to explain, thinking Khushi's witless look was a reflection of her worry for Payal. But in fact, it was just a reflection of how flabbergasted Khushi was. Date? Was this a date? What was going on?

"Khushi" Arnav clicked his fingers in front of her face, watching her lost and not responding. She looked up to him and blankly nodded.

"Shall we go, or do you want to keep your date waiting some more?"

There. He said it too. This was a date. This was a date?

Did she agree on going out on a date with him? No, He never asked her for one. But did that mean she wanted him to ask? If she did, then she would have said yes, right? And then they would have gone on a date. Like they were going on a date right now. So what was the problem? And why did this feel so exciting?

Khushi's head grappled with the changing-too-fast nature of her relationship with Arnav, until felt him lock his elbow with hers. She looked up to him and something about the confident, charming look on his face calmed her down. Whatever this was, this was good.

"Let's go." she said, returning his smile with a full-hearted one of her own.

They had barely stepped out of the house when Arnav's phone rang. At first he thought about ignoring it and let it ring, but then he decided to check it. It was almost 8 in the evening - very few people would call him unscheduled right now unless it was important. He looked apologetically at Khushi and pulled the phone out of his pocket with a view of quickly disconnecting whoever it was, promising to call back, but a strange fear hit him making him stop in his step as he saw the name on the Caller ID.

"Hello. Anjali?" he spoke quickly as he answered anxiously and his fears multiplied as soon as he realized Anjali was crying on the other.

"Bhai..."

"Anjali. Are you okay? What happened? Why are you crying? Is Mamiji fine?" Arnav shot questions quickly. He had checked in with London only a few hours ago - Anjali's mother had been recovering well. In fact she was supposed to be discharged from the hospital in a day or two.

Khushi watched Arnav's face turned pale as he spoke to Anjali. She couldn't hear what was being said on the other end but she knew her mother was in the hospital and the way Arnav had suddenly turned white, Khushi was immediately consumed with worry.

"What? No this can't...God..." Arnav involuntarily held on to Khushi's shoulder for support and she held his arm.

"Anjali. I am coming there okay. You have to be strong. I am coming there as soon as I can get to you...you're not alone. I will be there." she heard him murmur on the phone but his words were scratchy at best and there were tears in his eyes.

"Arnav?" she asked as soon as Arnav hung up the phone. He looked up to her and hugged her as he felt the pain hit him. She enveloped him in her embrace strongly as she felt him give in to a sob.

"Arnav is your mami ok? What happened to Anjali? Arnav you're scaring me." she asked, terrified. He pulled away and she brought her finger to his chin.

"Mamaji...Anjali's father...he got hit by a car. Across the hospital where Mamiji is. He was crossing the road. They said he died on the spot. Anjali...Khushi she is..."Arnav tried to explain but his voice choked.

"Shh..."Khushi consoled him, hugging him again. Tears started to leak her eyes too as she thought of Anjali and what she must be going through there, all alone.

"I...I need to go. Anjali is alone..."Arnav said, wiping his tears and trying to get back in control. Khushi instantly nodded and they both walked back inside the house. Arnav picked up his phone and started making arrangements for a flight while Khushi went in her room to quickly change and then started packing Arnav's stuff in his room.

"There's a flight from Mumbai to London in the morning. I am going to take that." Arnav said as he stepped in his room about 20 minutes later. Khushi had already packed half his clothes in his suitcase. She quickly nodded at him. He looked calmer and a lot more in control, but Khushi knew he was hurting and his pain hurt her to the bone. More than that, she could see he was extremely anxious for Anjali. She knew he really loved his sister and would do anything for her. She herself cared about Anjali a lot. Although they'd met very briefly, she became very fond and even a tad bit protective of her during her India trip. She was too much like Payal for her. Anjali had called Khushi her friend and Khushi had accepted the friendship. Right now, just like Arnav grieved for his sister, Khushi's heart ached for her friend.

"Yes. You should be with her."

"I have to go home first in Mumbai. My passport is there. You and Payal should come with me too. I can't leave you here alone and I would feel much better if you're home with HP kaka. He will take care of both of you."

"Okay. I will pack our stuff too. When do you want to leave?"

"In a few hours. We can drive."

Khushi nodded. "Okay. I will tell Payal." She turned to leave when Arnav stopped her.

"Khushi, I am sorry." he spoke.

"For what?" she asked, worried. "For the dinner?"

"No. This...I know I am putting through an inconvenience."

"You're crazy Arnav. There is no inconvenience. This is terrible what's happening...this accident, it shouldn't have happened. Anjali and mamiji need you right now. I care for Anjali too and I am just as worried for her as you are. We will be fine. You've done enough for us. And we'd be here when you're back. But right now, you need to be strong for Anjali and mami and help them recover from this, ok?" Khushi gently said and hugged him.

"I...I don't know what to say to her. I can't make this better. She's my kid you know, and she has to go through all this alone. Losing a parent...I remember what that feels like. I don't know how I can make it better. I don't know if I have anything to give..." Arnav mumbled, still in Khushi's embrace, who rubbed his back to calm him.

"Nobody can make the death of a parent feel less terrible than it is..."Khushi said, parting away though still holding him "...I should know. I lost my mother when I was so young. But she needs to be strong and for that she needs you. Trust me, if anyone can help her recover, it's you. You have so much to give Arnav. So much love and care and strength. You can help her heal. Just like you helped me to start healing. Trust me. Just being there for her would mean the world for Anjali. Just go there and hold her. Let her cry in your arms and let her grief out. I know you're hurting yourself - I will come with you if I could and hold both of you, but..."

"Do you want to come?" Arnav suddenly asked, realizing that Khushi was in pain over his and Anjali's loss too.

"I...I mean how can I?"

"Anjali would feel better if you're there. Me too. But I don't want to bother you..."

"Arnav. There's no bother... what's wrong with you. In a time like this...but I am nobody"

"You're everything Khushi" he blurted and Khushi looked at him silently. Then he added "Anjali thinks of you as a friend too. Will you come with me to London for a few days?"

"But how..."

"I will figure that out. I need you Khushi. Will you be there with me?"

Jab koi baat bigad jaye

Jab koi mushkil pad jaye

Tum dena saath mera, o humnava

The emotion in Arnav's voice tugged at Khushi's heart and she had to hold her tears back. Of course, she'd be there for him. Already, with the idea of being near Arnav, she felt a lot better. As much as she wanted him to go to London and be there for Anjali, the idea of being physically away from him when he was in pain didn't sit well with her.

"Always." she answered without hesitation.

Vafadari ki woh rasmein

Nibhaenge hum tum kasmein

Ek bhi saans zindagi ki

jab tak ho apne bas mein

"Always?"

"Always."

Until death do us part.

"Thanks Khushi." Arnav found himself managing a faint smile at the unspoken vow. The thought of taking Khushi with him suddenly made him feel a lot stronger than he did only a few minutes ago. She was his weakness, as he'd discovered when he'd nearly lost her and it took the will to live from him away. But she was also his biggest strength.

"There is no need for thanks."

"I had your passport made in tatkal, and I know it got delivered today along with some other documents back at home in Mumbai. I will get someone to get an emergency visa arranged."

"Won't this delay you? I don't want to hold you back"

"No. I am sure we can get this done first thing tomorrow morning. We can take a flight that's couple of hours later, that's ok."

"Ok." she replied, trusting him to figure things out.

"We would have to drop Payal to her school in Panchgani tonight instead of tomorrow as we planned.  It's only 30 minutes off the Pune-Mumbai highway. We'd first drop her, then go home and pick up the documents. We can leave in a couple of hours" Arnav decided and pulled back his phone to start making calls to make all these arrangements.

"I will tell her and pack everything as quickly as I can." Khushi said and started to walk out of her room, then stopped.

"Arnav?" she called and he looked up from his phone screen.

"Everything will be okay." she said without leaving

The thing was, when she said it, Arnav believed it.

As he pulled off his jacket to make the rest of the calls, his eyes fell on the small box in his pocket. He opened it and looked yet another time at the ring he'd bought earlier today with Payal's help for Khushi. He was going to propose to her at dinner and promise to love her and be there for her for the rest of their lives. Fate might have postponed the big moment by a bit, he thought as he shut the box and put it in his bag, but soon, very soon, he would put words to the promise the two of them had already wordlessly made tonight.

Until death do us part.

Na koi hai, na koi tha

Zindagi mein tumhare siva

Tum dena sath mera, o humnava

Edited by teekay - 8 years ago
thinkggreen thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Fabulous update.
ooops ,they missed their romantic dinner proposal.
Good that Kushi is going to London,they will be together in hard times,and surely Anjali will feel better with Kushi around.
Payal is going back to hostel,I don't have a very good feeling about it,when Arnav is not in the country.
Hopefully Shyam /Tony episode is over.
Edited by thinkggreen - 8 years ago