Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

teekay thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: aafan

Sorry for not commenting:). I have thoroughly enjoyed the ups and downs, all the suspense u hv created while showing the inner turmoil of two beautiful souls. They still hv ways to go, first need to love their own selves and then confess the love to each other. Cannot wait for your next update. Please do not let this night end soon... Can Khushi ask him yo just sleep in his embrace.

There will be more nights, more days. Can't solve everything in one night and in one conversation. Life doesnt work that way
teekay thumbnail

Originally posted by: sweet_jeny

Hello Teekay😛,

So can we say that we are finally at the Happy Bend of this story? It's difficult to predict smooth flow as you know how to build the climax at the end of each chapter.

Well, what I like about your Arnav & Khushi is that they are human..I mean practical like real life. Khushi is matured but she also exploded when it went out of her control. And your Arnav has his brain at the correct place even during critical times. This shows the capability of writer to build the characters.

As usual awaiting for the next chapter...

Even though you send me PM's, I always check your page first every morning to make sure whether you have updated or not. This is around my 5th time since 9 am...

You could say that, of course. We are closer to the end...so we are trying to repair all the hurt I caused. It would be *mostly* smooth from now on. Unless of course I get some new idea 😛

Yes my Arnav and Khushi are human. They also do silly things and wrong things. They forgive - sometimes immediately, some times over some time. They think, some times over think and are some times impulsive. Like all of us, there is usually *some* logic at that instant about whatever we do...right or wrong.

Thanks for stalking the story - I will get in the next chapter tonight.

teekay thumbnail

Originally posted by: SilentShadow

Is that why you have very few happy updates?😆

Lol i thought twice to comment too. Happy update = self explanatory. 

Sad/bitter update = the feedback are all rant, vent! 😛

It's not WHY. It's just the story...I follow the story. It's just that I get better constructive feedback when I write less happy stuff, which motivates me to write the next chapter and get to the happy stuff. But happy stuff is so satisfying to people, there is less momentum to move on. 
Either that, or I don't know how to write happy stuff and my writing starts sucking😛😛
teekay thumbnail

Originally posted by: nishu_shorna

Ahhh... so a new beginning with friendship... wow... cant get better than this... emotional, intense and beautiful updates... loving it...

sorry for being irregular... but i'm back again, hoping to catch up regularly from now on... thanks for the pm...

No worries. Thank you for readin
teekay thumbnail

Originally posted by: angeldream14

awesome

so will they move ahead together or separately 
will he ever tell her that she mean the world to him 
its better to tell it than to hide n complicate things but sometime we r to scared to lose wht we have as we r not sure that things can get better but we r scared wht if it gets worst 

Good questions all. Nothing ventured, nothing gained - they have to get over their fears to try to get what they want. At least they have to try.
nature-lover thumbnail
Awesome chapter as always!!!
teekay thumbnail

Chapter 36: Together

"Wow di this is really good. Did you always cook this well or has the bland food at the school mess destroyed my taste buds completely?" Payal gushed, picking up a third parantha. Khushi glared in mock anger, but then just grinned. Cooking breakfast this Sunday morning felt like the most normal thing she had done in a long time. 

"Your sister always cooks well, Payal" Arnav smirked as he picked up another parantha as well and spoke honestly, wondering why he had never done that before all the other times when Khushi used to cook at the house , "...but today you've outdone yourself Khushi. I think I will have to fire HP kaka for feeding me bad food all these years."

Khushi felt herself inexplicably blush a little at Arnav's compliment. It felt weird to have him say something so openly nice about her. Now why would he do that and why was it affecting her like this? She quickly masked her awkwardness and retorted as she finally joined Payal and Arnav on the dining table with a fresh batch of paranthas. 

"What? HP kaka is amazing and he cooks so well and takes care of you like a son. You're so ungrateful, Arnavji."

"Di I am going to finish the breakfast in front of the TV. The cricket match is starting." Payal said as she stood up, to which Khushi simply nodded. Payal was a total cricket freak, well at least as long as Virat Kohli was playing.

"You coming, Arnav bhaiya?"

"You go. I have a few things to do. I will join you in half an hour." Arnav answered Payal who nodded excitedly and left the table.

After a couple of minutes, both Khushi and Arnav spoke up at the same time.

"Khushi"

"Arnavji"

"You first" Arnav said.

"I was wondering, how's the pain in your injuries? Should you not get checked out by another doctor?"

"It's okay. It's getting better. I will go next week and get the stitches removed. The cast is on another two weeks. But it's all ok, don't worry."

"If you don't mind, can I ask, how did you get so hurt?" 

"Just an accident, I told you. I was trying to get home too quickly." Arnav lied again, but he didn't want to go into the mess with the money and the situation with Sultan again. Nothing would come of it now and it was only going to hurt Khushi.

"I am sorry Arnavji" Khushi said after a minute of silence.

"For what Khushi? It's not your fault."

"I mean I shouldn't have left before you came back that day, without informing you."

Arnav shook his head "Khushi, didn't we decide last night that we are going to try and move ahead from the past? Forget about it. You're safe. You're here. That's all I want."

Khushi nodded, guilt still tugging at her as somewhere she felt she was responsible for Arnav's accident. Watching him struggling to eat the parantha with one hand had reminded her of how much pain he had endured.

"Khushi? Are we good?" Arnav asked, seeing her lost in thought.

"Yes Arnavji" she replied, recovering.

"Why do you call me Arnavji?"

"What?"

"I mean why Arnav jiii. Should I also call you Khushiji?"

"Umm no."

"Then call me Arnav. We are friends right? Equals. We are the same. If you call me Arnav ji I am going to call you Khushi ji." He said with a smile and was relieved when a smile broke out on Khushi's face too. 

He didn't like seeing her anxious and guilty. That's why he had decided not to tell her too much about the troubles he had gone through to find her and rescue her. He would tell her whatever she needed to know, of course - he didn't want to hide the truth from her, but he also didn't want to make her feel guilty or pained over what was essentially over and couldn't be changed.

"Okay, Arnavji...I mean Arnav"

"Good"

Arnav smiled and nodded as he stood up from the breakfast table. After the previous night's conversation, Arnav had woken up feeling lighter than he had in months. Yes, he didn't tell her how he really felt, but he no longer felt deeply anguished and they had basically agreed to be friends. This meant he now had a chance of really get to know her as well as let her get to know him. He knew she liked him and cared for him at least a little bit. Maybe, this friendship would give her a chance to see him in a new light and consider him when he finally confessed his feelings. Maybe, this friendship was just what they needed as a foundation to have a shot at a permanent relationship. And most importantly, if it never worked out and she would never want him in the future, at least he would have her friendship. Hell of a lot better than the emptiness a life entirely without her would be!

Arnav emerged from his room after finishing his calls an hour later. He glanced at Khushi sitting in her room with an economics textbook and involuntarily smiled. He had sent the books over to her two days back. Payal was in the living room, glued to the television. An aura of peace and serenity hung over the house and Arnav felt unreasonably happy. If there was such a thing as a perfect life, this right now was definitely at least a trailer of it. Smiling, he decided not to disturb Khushi and slipped next to Payal on the couch.

Khushi walked into the living room several hours later and saw Payal and Arnav enjoying the match together, sharing a bowl of popcorn. Everyone had over-eaten at breakfast and therefore no one was hungry for lunch. Payal and Arnav had been cheering and shouting in joy every now and then for hours. Khushi saw the easy, protective camaraderie shared between the two and felt a tug at her heart. Arnav was much the same with Payal as he was with Anjali - indulgent and protective. She had always worried about Payal, but seeing her with Arnav right now she felt certain that nobody could protect her and care for her more than that man, not even Khushi herself. He was almost like the father figure Payal had never had in her life and Khushi had come to understand that Payal had not just liked and trusted Arnav upon meeting him, she actually instinctively respected him. 

Seeing Khushi walk in, Arnav looked up and smiled at her and for a second Khushi felt weak in her knees. She had never seen Arnav smile so much and so easily before without an apparent reason and since this morning he had been doing exactly that. It was as if she'd met a whole new side of the man, someone totally far away from the angry, broken, hurt man she had first met several months ago. This Arnav looked bright, happy and had a smile so alluring Khushi felt her breath get caught in her throat. Arnav gestured Khushi to join them. She walked towards them and sat on the couch, but not too close, suddenly aware of the physical proximity. 

At one level, it seemed insane. They had been together and physically intimate for over three months. In fact, she had abandoned all her physical and emotional inhibitions with him and done things she couldn't have ever imagined doing. But that was a different moment. It was about a different Arnav and a different Khushi that night, wasn't it? She truly believed it was the last time she'd ever see him and the intensity of that anticipated loss had led her to want to covet what she had. For once, she wanted to feel alive. For once, she wanted to know what physical pleasure was actually like and what it meant to give yourself willingly to someone you truly cared for. She wanted to have that one night to create a physical memory strong enough to overpower all forced physical abuse that had preceded and was likely to follow after that night. She wanted to have one night where she was a woman and a lover, not a wh**e. 

But now, suddenly, the darkness around her was gone and as the traces of her old true self began to return to her, she felt an incredible shyness. She looked at Arnav, who was glancing at her and Payal every now and then while still watching the TV, and she felt an odd sort of attraction for him. His smile made him look all the more attractive. Yes, she had started to be physically attracted to him at some point a few weeks back. But in the changed context, the old attraction didn't seem meaningful and this new nervousness made her extremely self-conscious. Suddenly she worried what their new equation was going to be like. He said they were friends, but did he still expect to sleep with her? Some sort of a "friends with benefits" arrangement? No, that sounded cheap and Arnav wouldn't want to cheapen their friendship. She wouldn't be comfortable with it and she trusted Arnav to not force her or hurt her ever in her life. 

"Catch it!" Payal screamed at the television. Her arm accidentally hit the popcorn bowl sending a few pieces flying around. 

Khushi wasn't paying attention until she felt Arnav's hand brush her shoulder over the couch. Startled, she looked up and saw that Arnav had casually extended his arm behind her. Then, to her inexplicable disappointment, he pulled it back and Khushi realized he was just picking up a piece of corn that had fallen behind her. Feeling strange and unnerved at this new awareness, Khushi shook her head and stood up, wanting to get some clear perspective. Arnav and she were friends and could never be anything more than that.

"Khushi" Arnav spoke out as soon as Khushi took a couple of steps away.

"Wait. I need to talk to you." He said as he stood himself and walked outside the house towards the lawn at the back, gesturing Khushi to follow and leaving Payal engrossed in the TV.

"I spoke to Tony earlier today." Arnav said after a few minutes of silent walking around in the lawn. "He would not come after you anymore. He has destroyed any pictures he had of you and would not trouble you or Payal in the future." 

Arnav had been relieved to have that conversation with him earlier in the day when he was reassured that Aman hadn't told him about Arnav taking Khushi earlier than promised. He just told Tony he had picked up Katrina himself this morning and was relieved when he didn't go back on his word and confirmed their earlier agreement about leaving her alone for good. He half-expected him to ask for more money but Tony said nothing. After that, he had spoken to his lawyer at length who had confirmed to him that the courts had accepted the fast track plea of his divorce and the final paperwork reflecting his divorce status would be released on Monday morning. The lawyer had also told him there had been no indications of any more threats from Sheetal or anyone else. NK was still out of country and Sheetal had moved in with Shenoy in Bangalore. Everything seemed to be settling for good.

Khushi silently looked at Arnav for a few seconds before her eyes became moist with gratitude.

"Thank you Arnav ji. I mean, thank you Arnav." She corrected as she saw him frown.

"Khushi, I told you..."

"No Arnav. You have to let me thank you from getting me out of that hell. You have no idea the horror..."she said, choking on her words. Arnav wiped the lone tear that spilled out on her cheek and gently held one of her shoulder.

"...Tony must have asked for a lot of money. I don't know if I will be ever able to fully pay you back but I promise I will work and..."Khushi continued, but Arnav cut her off.

"Are you crazy, Khushi? Didn't I tell you last night there were no debts here? And besides, what does money even mean? I have plenty of money...all I have done is work hard and make money...and yet, what did money buy me?" Arnav turned and walked a couple of steps away and continued to talk while looking in the distance.

"I am the poorest man in the world. All my money did was take away the illusion of a family that I had. They didn't want me, they just wanted my money. The woman I worshiped all my life as my mother, the woman I married...all those relationships, everything just came down to worthless notes and coins. They just trapped me for money, ignoring every emotion, every shred of humanity in the world. In her greed, my ex-wife put the lives of 35000 Raizada Industries employees in jeopardy without even flinching, forcing me into a situation where I couldn't save them or you without giving into her demands and giving up everything my father had built. I may have a high net worth, but in reality I am a worthless man. This world is sick and heartless, Khushi, trying to reduce every relationship and every human life to a number. The only reason anyone has pretended to love me, other than my dead parents, has been my money. You think I have any affection for that money?"  Khushi stared at Arnav as he choked on the truths he had never openly voiced before. Her tears were now flowing freely as she felt a huge knot twisting her insides hearing the raw pain in Arnav's voice. She had known a lot of Arnav's past already from HP, but hearing him talk about it still hit her hard. Besides, his words hit too close to home for her own comfort, resonating with her own feelings of being reduced to a number. Not just Tony or Shyam who had sold her for a profit, her own father had beaten her all her life for money. Deep within her, Khushi felt a strong urge to hold Arnav in her arms and convince him that he was anything but worthless. Automatically, her hand went to his shoulder and he turned around to face her. 

"Trust me," he continued, "if any of my money actually went to save a rare pure and beautiful soul like you, that's the best use it could have even been put to." Melting with Arnav's words as well as the moisture in his eyes, Khushi pulled him into an embrace. 

"You are not worthless, Arnav. You are a great man." Khushi murmured as she tightened her grip and rubbed her arm along his back.

She pulled away after a while and wiped the tears off Arnav's eyes.

"I am not going to demean what you've done for me just by saying thank you in words. But you have to know you are much more than your bank balance. You are my guardian angel. You have saved my life, and Payal's. If I stayed in that hell any longer, if those men continued to..."Arnav cut her off hearing the shudder in her voice.

"You don't belong there, Khushi. You never did. In fact, no woman should. I know I am one of those men who..."

"No Arnav"

"No Khushi, it is the truth. I was so lost in my anger over being betrayed, I don't know I was thinking or doing. Somehow, the night I found out that my wife had been sleeping with my brother since the first day of our marriage, I ran into Tony while I was too drunk. He showed me your picture and before I knew it, I was channeling all my anger on you, trying desperately to find one moment of peace. I know what I did does not deserve forgiveness. I was just...but in all that I didn't even stop to think what I was doing to you. All I knew is somewhere you seemed to understand. All I knew is being with you was the only escape I found from that mad haze. I am so so sorry Khushi. I really am no different than Tony I guess."

"Don't say that. You're not Tony. Your apologetic tears right now are proof that you're not as heartless as men like him. And as for me, if you didn't buy me, someone else would have, and trust me I know it would have been a lot worse than with you. What you did was wrong, but it wasn't the worst thing that's been done to me. And you saved me..."

"No, you saved me, Khushi. You brought me back to life. I..."

"Enough already. Didn't you say we have to put the past behind us?" Khushi put an end to the conversation. She walked a few steps and sat on the swing in the lawn, not yet ready to go back inside the house. A couple of minutes later, Arnav joined her and sat next to her. He grabbed her hand between both of his and she didn't protest, but neither said another word, letting the silence settle protectively around them.

Mere haath mein tera haath ho

Saari jannatein mere saath ho

Tu jo paas hai, fir kya ye jahaan

Tere pyaar mein ho jaoon fanaa

crazylovey thumbnail
Beautiful and lovely update... 
Loved they talked about it openly... 
But i guess something isn't right about tony's boss intention.. 
Hoping that doesn't happen( *fingers crossed *)... 

Continue soon... 
Edited by -.Fairytale.- - 9 years ago
roopathomas thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Friendship turning to love n respect. I liked how u r channelling the awkward situation between them. 
Titaliya1234 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Nice one yaar... Loved their friendship