Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

pree_28 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: rithureuben

Thank you. I hope I was able to give you a good visual.
I liked Aman's equation with Paro, its a pity it wasn't explored more.
I wanted Paro to have strong relations with people other than the Ranavats. She needn't be dependent emotionally only on her in-laws. They are nice people who will do her good.
Thank you, I hope you enjoy what comes next too.

😛 yes it did gave me visual delight.. and i enjoyed reading your stories till now so i will surely enjoy the
coming up chapters too ( that was so sweet of you to say 😳 )
I am so thankfull to amazing writters like you in the forum, who are giving us stories on parud even after serial got over. I always love reading about them 😳
so thankyou..Edited by pree_28 - 9 years ago
KhushiParo thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Nice update Rithu.
 Will try to comment again for now just came to wish 
Happy Ugadi!😊 

td1980 thumbnail
You have this uncanny ability to delve into every character's psyche so well!...I am so glad that you decided to give voice to the General's thoughts...both Rudra and Paro need somebody like him in their lives, whom they can trust without any reservations. Thank you Rithu, for yet another beautiful and thoughtful chapter in the story!
Waiting to hear from you soon!

Love,
Tania

-Disenchanted- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: KhushiParo

<font size="2" face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif">Nice update Rithu.</font>

<font size="2" face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif">Will try to comment again for now just came to wish</font>
<font size="2" face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif">Happy Ugadi!😊</font>

Thank you wish you the same
-Disenchanted- thumbnail

Originally posted by: td1980

You have this uncanny ability to delve into every character's psyche so well!...I am so glad that you decided to give voice to the General's thoughts...both Rudra and Paro need somebody like him in their lives, whom they can trust without any reservations. Thank you Rithu, for yet another beautiful and thoughtful chapter in the story!

Waiting to hear from you soon!

Love,
Tania

Thank you. The general and his wife were witnesses to how far Paro had come. So they will be best at expressing their thoughts at the girl who was a daughter to them and her love. They both are needed very much in this story.
Cutemithra thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Lovely chapter rithu... Loved the conversation between Aman and Paro... I like the way you shape each character... And lovely pics too..
Mariia.R thumbnail

Hey Rithu,

I so sorry - missed this one totally...my mistake.

Very lovely update! I like the fact that Paro has strong relations with everyone.

But when it comes to Aman & Paro - their friendship is delicate, yet strong. How easily they talk to each other, how easy it is for them to be together - to share a friendship. I like that a lot.

What comes to Rudra; his background is clearly seen in the way he behaves... Once BSD Officer, always BSD Officer... Rudra is worried about Paro. All the time, in every place ... He must be sure that his wife is safe. He does not want to be separated from his wife, and not to let her out of his sight - very understandable.

And such a beautiful line was: "As long as Paro breathes, her Rudra will live" It almost brought tears to my eyes. So beautifully said!

Shantanu - I wonder, when, and what he plans to do next? I assume that he hardly patience to stay hidden for very long, so I am glad that Rudra is alert...

What I liked in this update was that I can imagine this whole chapter in my head; dialogues, scenes... so well it was written!  Continue soon! And I promise to reply sooner. I am sorry!

🤗

-Disenchanted- thumbnail

Originally posted by: Cutemithra

Lovely chapter rithu... Loved the conversation between Aman and Paro... I like the way you shape each character... And lovely pics too..

Thank you. Most of the characters have an interesting framework so its easy to add more depth to them.
-Disenchanted- thumbnail

Originally posted by: Fimiramak

<font color="#ff0000">Hey Rithu,</font>

<font color="#ff0000" face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="2">
</font>

<font color="#ff0000">I so sorry - missed this one
totally...my mistake.
</font>

</font>

<font color="#ff0000">Very lovely update! I like
the fact that Paro has strong relations with everyone.
</font>

</font>

<font color="#ff0000">But when it comes to Aman
& Paro - their friendship is delicate, yet strong. How easily they talk to
each other, how easy it is for them to be together - to share a friendship. I
like that a lot.
</font>

</font>

<font color="#ff0000">What comes to Rudra; his
background is clearly seen in the way he behaves... Once BSD Officer, always BSD Officer...
Rudra is worried about Paro. All the time, in every place ... He must be sure
that his wife is safe. He does not want to be separated from his wife, and not
to let her out of his sight - very understandable.
</font>

</font>

<font color="#ff0000">And such a beautiful line
was: <font color="#3300cc">"As long as Paro breathes, her Rudra will live"
It almost brought tears to my eyes. So beautifully
said! </font>
</font>

</font>

<font color="#ff0000">Shantanu <font color="#ff0000">- I wonder, when, and what he plans to do next? I assume
that he hardly patience to stay hidden for very long, so I am glad that Rudra
is alert...</font>
</font>

</font>

<font color="#ff0000">What I liked in this update
was that I can imagine this whole chapter in my head; dialogues, scenes... so
well it was written! Continue soon! And
I promise to reply sooner. I am sorry!
</font>

</font>

<font color="#ff0000" face="Times New Roman, Times, serif">🤗</font>

Its fine Mira.
Thank you. Paro lost too many people to fate so she is the kind of person who cherishes the people who are still a part of her life. Hence the closeness.
Between Aman and Paro, its more than friendship. They see a brother and sister in each other. So there is an ease between them.
Rudra the officer is back where he started. He has to be her shield again only this time she is not just his witness.
That line was first uttered when he proposed to Paro the final time. I'm not sure if you read that in the previous FF. It was one of the reason why Geethanjali agreed for the match.
I'm choosing to forget about Shatanu for the next couple of updates. I'll think about what to do with him after Parud's honeymoon.
Thank you. I'll be posting the next chapter tonight. Hope you like that too.
-Disenchanted- thumbnail
CHAPTER 17

Rudra inwardly fumed with the general by his side. Inspector Pradhan had just told them that he let the young college guy go. "What to do Sir? The poor boy was so scared. How long could I held him without an arrest warrant," he asked the two soldiers. Rudra pointed out that he might have been scared because he had something to hide. The police officer gave him a wry smile, "Most people get scared when they are forced to deal with the pokice. Besides he was too distraught about some family situation. Why upset him more? It was simpler to just let him go. He seemed harmless. Maybe you are just paranoid," he suggested. Rudra held on to the chair till his knuckles turned white. He wanted to punch the man for his cavalier attitude. His superior realised that it was a pointless conversation and stood up to leave. "Thank you for your co-operation, we will head out now, " he said indicating to Rudra that it was time to go. The young officer followed him reluctantly. Once they outside, it was hard for him to maintain his decorum, "He thinks we are paranoid and that student was harmless. Do you know how harmless Varun looked until he held a gun to Paro's head? I really expected him to point the weapon at me not his own bride." He was shaking with righteous anger. The general shared his sentiment even if he wasn't so vocal about it. When they all first met Paro was just a witness now she had become family. He knew how seriously he had taken his duty towards her as a soldier. He knew as a husband he will do everything in his power to keep from harm. "Maybe I should cancel my honeymoon. I want to talk to Tejawat. Maybe one of his former associates are out for revenge," Rudra wondered aloud. His superior didn't agree. They had no reason to believe that Tejawat's men would try this. They had his written confession with them. Paro wasn't even needed for this case. Revenge will only draw attention to their roles and give reason for an arrest. If any of them are out there, they will stay out of it. It was the smarter choice. Rudra mulled over the general's words. It made sense. The people involved who were high enough to stay out of trouble will sacrifice Tejawat and just move on. But then who was behind the attack? The general took out a folder and handed it over. "Our men found this folder in the bushes. It belongs to Shatanu Kumar, a second year commerce student. They will let us know as soon as we can meet him," he revealed handing over a college assignment.

"He isn't there, Sir," said the sub-inspector approaching the two men. He introduced himself as Manohar Joshi and said that Shantanu was on the run. "Something about him didn't seem right. I'm not sure if it was the way he kept shuffling his feet or how he never made eye contact. I didn't trust him and I don't think Pradhan saab believed him either. The excuse of rushing to a relative's deathbed was something he made up on the spot," he said. Rudra paid close attention to him, he had the same impression about the pizza delivery boy. "Why didn't anyone call me? I had asked to be informed as soon as the bike owner shows up," he asked the policeman sternly. The sub-inspector gave him a wry smile and replied that he has to give the inspector a monetary incentive to remember such details. Rudra glared. He was partly angry with himself for being distracted with Paro the previous day. He had forgotten about the attack until the general assured him during the wedding that things were being taken care of. He had wanted to rush to the police station immediately but he was almost ordered to stay his ground. The people in your life need your time top, Rudra. BSD is a big part of your life, but it can't be everything. He remembered his senior's words. He had to learn to balance both soon if he didn't want his personal and professional lives to affect each other. He called his men to find out from the railway station where this Shantanu had disappeared. He couldn't depend on the local cops anymore. Maybe they could still catch up. The sub-inspector took out an envelop and handed ot over. "This is the copy of the report. I found it odd that he waited for three days to register a complaint for his missing bike. My guess is he was spooked when he saw the police and military at the parade," he said. Rudra and the general exchanged looks before taking it from him. "Do you think the delivery boy, the person who meddled with the care and Shantanu are the same," he asked. The sub-inspector just shrugged his shoulders and asked them to find out themselves. He had other cases to investigate. He gave them a card and went back into the police station. "Its a good thing this Joshi is atleast willing to share information if not help," the general remarked. Rudra wanted to stay back in Delhi and track Shantanu. The fact that he is on the run and the sub-inspector's talk had assured him that this student was not that innocent. He needed to find out why and who was the target. "I'll stay back and investigate. I have a strong feeling the boy has left the city. For all we know he might be waiting back in Jaipur or Chandangarh. You just focus on Paro safety and yours," the general told him as he frowned. Their enemy had gone into hiding. It was time for the painful wait and watch game. Rudra prefered to face things head on The two soldiers drove back in silence realising that nothing more can be done at the moment.

Meanwhile at Aman's house, Shatabdi cribbed to her friend as she helped her pack,"I'm feeling so bad that the wedding is over. I have to go back home and won't see you anymore. Paro laughed. "It's not funny. If you didn't have honeymoon plans, you would be upset too. Or rather would be if you missed me," she pouted. Paro went over and gave her a hug. She said she will miss her and they can always make plans to meet in Rajasthan. "Oh please, like that husband of yours would let you out of his sight. I don't know how to put it. But the way he looks at you... as if... he can't breathe unless you are around," she said. That's not how she felt, Paro thought to herself. When he came close it felt like even the air disappeared between them. It was just the two of them in those moments, nobody and nothing in between. Her friend shook her to get her attention, "Paro! What are you thinking so much about?" She just shook her head with her cheeks slightly colouring pink. "He is just overly protective sometimes. But he means well," she defended her soldier who still thinks she needs his constant protection. Shatabdi just shook her head. There was no point in saying anything as Paro always tended to focus on the silver lining. Paro realised that her friend was still annoyed and decided to tease her. "Can I tell you something, I know a way we can meet very frequently," she suggested. Her friend raised her eyebrow in question. "Marry my brother-in-law, Sumer," Paro jumped excitedly. She suddenly realised that this might be a great idea. Her mind raced along different tracks. Should she tell Kakisa first or Maasiji or Paddu aunty? Won't she be a good match for Sumer Bhaisa? Won't she get along great with Maithili jeeja and Sunheri? "Calm down, Paro! Where did this come from?" Shatabdi said shocked at her friend's words. Padmini, her mom entered the room as she exclaimed, "Sumer? Rudra has a brother?" Her friend replied that he is actually his cousin so she may not met him. But since they all live together now as one family, brother might be a more apt term. "Paro, I know Rudra is perfect in your eyes but I don't agree. There is no way I would even consider any one who has similarities with him," she retorted. Her mother who witnessed the exchange was curious. She asked Paro if this boy is related to Mohini Ranavat from Chandangarh. "Aunty, Mohini Kakisa is his mother and Rudra's aunt. Sumer bhaisa lives in Jaipur where he co-owns a travels and tourism agency. Kakisa was looking for a bride for him. I never thought of Shatabdi," she explained apologetically. Paro then addressed her friend, "Shatabdi, he is very different from Rudra. Almost his opposite. I can introduce you both if you visit during the weekends when he comes home," she suggested. Paro knew that they will make a good match. Shatabdi will be close to her parents home in Jaipur and be able to have some independence in her own household. And Kakisa will get the smart, good looking bride from a respectable family just like she wanted. She knew the rest of the household didn't have strong opinions in this matter. They would be happy if Sumer bhaisa will be happy. And as long as he gets a nice wife who will be a part of his Jaipur dream. It would be perfect.

Shatabdi saw the wheels turn in her mother's mind and decided a road block was necessary. Paro wasn't helping by joining the 'Shatabdi wedding' wagon. "Mama, we have bigger problems. Paro still doesn't know where she is going, so we don't know what to pack," she tried to change the topic. Geethanjali laughed as she was aware where the couple was going. "Paro beta, do one thing pack the wedding clothes in one suitcase and give it to me. I'll take it back to Jaipur along with your jewellery. Someone from your in-laws place can collect it from there if needed. The rest of the clothes can be taken along," she suggested. Paro agreed and the two young women proceeded to do just that.

Back at the Ranavat haveli, Sumer was waiting in his brother's room. Aman's wedding was over. Rudra had to be told now. His brother rushed in, "Did you call him yet?" He shook his head. "We have to plan how exactly we can tell him without arousing his rage," Samrat continued. His brother gave him a look, their cousin will be furious no matter how they word this. They could only hope that his temper will not be directed towards them. "Bhaisa, you talk to him. He always tend to fight more with me than with you," Sumer suggested handing him the receiver. His brother took and was about to place the call when his wife came in. "Is everything alright? You both look tensed," asked Maithili. Samrat looked at his brother guiltily while his brother shook his head. He sighed. He never kept anything from him wife. This was the longest he had ever held on to a secret. "We had to inform Rudra of an important matter," he confessed. Her gentle heart skipped a beat, was her Devarsa in danger. Sumer replied, "Not yet. It's complicated." Samrat shut the door before letting her in on his father's secret.

After a few minutes Paro was done with her packing. Geethanjali gave her an off white coloured Anakali suit to change into. Paro wondered what Rudra will think of this new dress. Her aunt told her that such clothes wil be more convenient than a saree while travelling. Besides this was the time for to try new things. She nodded thoughtfully and left for her bath. Mrs. Sisodia picked up her favorite topic again, her daughter's wedding. "Why are you against it? See how happy Paro is with her new life? He must be a nice boy. Geethu, do you this Sumer? My pandit told me of the Ranavats from Chandangarh who was looking for a bride in Jaipur. I would have readily agreed if I had known that he was Rudra's cousin," she admitted to her friend and daughter. Geethanjali told them whatever she knew about the young man. Shatabdi tried to keep her face blank as she listened. He didn't sound bad to her but she didn't want to form an opinion before meeting him. Maybe she should visit the haveli in Chandangarh soon. Paro stepped out afixing a pair of kundan chandbali earrings. She looked nervous at her unusual attire but didn't say much. She took her diamond bangles from the box and headed to her. "You look nice. But don't you think this one will match your dress better?" she asked pointing to the ruby bangles she hadn't taken off yet. Paro replied that these were her favorite bangles and liked to wear them often. "What's so special about it? Did Rudra buy it for you?" her friend teased. Paro nodded bashfully. "So what? I'm sure he has given you lots of gifts. In fact that is the only nice thing about your husband. He loves to spoil you with trinkets," she said making Paro more flustered.

"Because this is the only thing I got for her in her favorite color, Red," Rudra said appearing at the door. Paro smiled at his lie. As much as she loved the color, it was her favourite because of the promise he made when he gave it to her. She remembered the night he climbed into her bedroom in Jaipur. Remember what you told me about red bangles, Paro. That they symbolize marital bliss. That's what I want for you and that's what I will make sure you get. This time you will have a gold standard life ahead of you beyond your wildest dreams, far from here, safe from Tejawat. Nobody will trample your beautiful dreams this time, I promise you. Even the thought that she might want to marry someone else didn't affect the earnestness in his voice. He genuinely cared only for her happiness whoever she chose to be with. With that simple act of selflessness, he took away all the he caused by forcing her to the mantap as his bride during the mela. And when they were finally wed, it was because she was ready to go to the ends of the earth with him by her side. Ever since that night, he had given her a gold standard life better than anything she could dream of. That's why the bangles were special. But that was their moment. Theirs alone. She simply smiled at her friend who was advising him to be mindful of her favourites while picking up presents. His scowl made it clear he didn't appreciate Shatabdi's well-minded words. "It's fine Shatabdi, I like his taste and the thought behind each of the gifts. So the color really doesn't matter. Rudra, I'm sending away some of my things home with Maasiji. So that we have less to carry about on our...you know...um," she blushed. Rudra grinned when he she couldn't even say the word honeymoon. He took a nice long look at her form being moulded by her new dress. It made her look like a Mugal princess who knew she will be soon whisked off to exotic locations where she will be free to express her passion for him and embrace his for her. She was visibly nervous as the twirled the ends of the duppata and looking everywhere but at him. She was clearly anticipating something. She was quite used to having him around all the time, so it couldn't be going away with him. Was she ready to consummate their marriage and unable to express it? That thought made him very happy. This trip was starting to look more promising by the minute, he thought to himself wistfully. "Rudra! Rudra!" Geethanjali shook him gently. "Is there something of yours, you can send home so that you can travel light," she asked. He looked in the closet and saw that his wife had already packed the clothes he had worn for the various functions. He opened the drawer and took a small parcel from the cupboard and handed it to Geethanjali, "Ma'am this is for Ranavat. Is it ok if one of my cousins pick it from you?" he asked. She nodded. Paro handed him a towel and told him she was going to call home. She offered to pass on his message. He went for his bath as the other women said their goodbyes to Paro.

At Chandangarh, Maithili was dumbstruck. Her father-in-law was a timid man who never did anything that displeased his wife or brother. He must have a strong reason for doing this. He looked so tired and spent these last few days. And today he looked almost broken when she served him tea. This secret had been eating him away. Maybe he knew something that they didn't. Something he couldn't share with the rest of the family. Maybe it was in everyone's best interest to be quiet. She knew how their aunt's estrangement hurt them, especially her Devarasa. The fact that she married Tejawat of all people made the cut deeper. It made sense to her why he was keeping this secret. But she couldn't understand why he had to meet her often. But they had to trust him, he was their father after all. He wouldn't take such steps, however painful, if its going to cause them grief. She saw her husband brace himself before calling his cousin, she pulled the phone away. "Maithili, we have to tell Rudra. We waited so long because of Aman's wedding," he told her. She wanted them to wait for his return before they reveal it. "Bapusa is not listening to us and staying away from that woman. Maybe he will listen to Rudra. I don't want Maasa or Thausa to find out that she is living in Chandangarh," Sumer argued. Maithili explained that they could still wait. Their uncle was leaving on a pilgrimage and will be back only after Paro returns from their honeymoon. She wanted to keep her sister away from anything that threatened her happiness. She turned to her husband, "Let Paro and Devarasa have their honeymoon. You know its important for them to focus on their marriage when its so new rather than deal with the family's problems. Maybe we could some way to keep Maasa away from the market area?" Sumer rolled his eyes. Even if she is gravely ill, their mother always went about her work. Maithili's phone rang. She answered, "Yes, Paro. You sound excited. Are you ready for your trip?" Samrat groaned. His wife was right. They couldn't rob the newlyweds of their honeymoon. There was a knock on the door. He opened the door to find his mother on the other side. "What are you all upto?" she started to yell. She then saw Maithili on the phone. She lowered his voice, "Sumer, did your father say anything to you? He seems upset but won't talk about it." Her son replied that his father just requested that he spend the night at home. "Why? Does he need you to sing him a lullaby to sleep," she taunted. Maithili returned, "Maasa, Paro was on the phone. She told me that Rudra was sending a parcel along with some of their luggage through her aunt. He wanted it handed to Thausa as soon as possible." Mohini tugged on her pallu, "Beendini, the milk from the fridge ran into your daughter's stomach all by itself. You continue your chit-chat with your sister. Maybe her blanket and pillow will walk up to her and tuck her in as well," she said sending Maithili running to the aangan. She turned to her son, Sumer and asked him to get the parcel for his uncle. "Maasa, I was thinking," he started. She asked if he needs a bed time story. He shook his head and continued, "Why don't you and Bapusa come with me to Jaipur for sometime? I have been planning trips for so many people but never taken my parents around." She smiled and told him that she had seen the city several times. "So what see it again, Sumer's style. I'll get you VIP treatment at all the tourists places," he said watching her closely. Mohini had never seen her favourite son at work. Maybe her husband will see the man he had become and they could finally approach the Sisodias for Shatabdi's hand. Sumer and Shatabdi. It sounded perfect to her.