Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

aarwen thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 9 years ago
I realised a sad statistic.. we started this thread on 331 and we are on 343 episode and only 19 pages of talking.. 
Crazy4IPK thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: aarwen

Hi Sohara Barun did an episode? Now? wow.. you mean he actually acted in something which came on TV? Agree with you, happy to see him on screen, but really when will we see him in roles that were meant for an actor his calibre. It's depressing waiting this way.. I don't know how you all have done it for years after IPK ended.

Will join the tweeting madness.. devi maiyya might give in to our wishes some day..

Enjoyed your short take on the haldi.. main points.. man besotted with girl.. Initially I took some time getting used to Khushi's jewellery, then in an off screen segment she mentioned they were real flowers.. I was happy that some department, other than acting, in IPK was still trying to give in their best. 

About Shyam.. With you on your thoughts there.. dhup sa man was too besotted with chandini si girl to care about Shyam babua.. 

mamiji's dialogue I had forgotten.. hilarious.. thanks for the reminder.. pagal but cute is mamiji too, hai na? 

One of my favourite scenes here was when Akash and Payal walked in on man in besharam mood with his wife.. hahaha.. do you remember Akash's baffled expression? 

Oh and thank you for reading my takes and enjoying that vm. Sorry I haven't been able to individually reply.

Yes Barun did one episode of code red. I hope it's true as I heard it from a reliable source. But not aired yet. I will update you guys when it will be aired. I really don't know what Barun is doing. he is wasting his talents. I think he underestimates him. that's why he signed a rubbish movie like MAMR. It's very important for an actor to debut Bollywood with a good movie. Though his work was appreciated by all but he didn't get the recognition for his character. That's why he didn't even nominated for a debutante in any award show. I was actually never happy when I heard he signed a movie with Shenaz and moreover the PH was not reputed. I always wanted him to debut with a good banner and with  a contemporary actress or maybe a new comer. Though Satra is a good banner movie, but his character is not so important there. you can say he is just an eye candy there. Not so optimistic about 22 yards. I think because of financial crisis, this movie will never finish.  please be on twitter. I know it is a very odd time for you. I mean too early in the morning. I also wake up late during the weekend to cover up the deficiency of my sleep. But I have to be there on twitter.

it was not a take but quick thought after watching the episode. I really don't have the luxury right now to spend hours and hours to write episode analysis.
The dialogue was not mami's, it was NK who made the comment. he is such an adorable guy.!
 Khushi was wearing jewelry made of mogre. I liked it.

"dhup sa man,  chandni sa girl...not bad.
I'm not too fond of mami. when I remember he spoiled the sweets just to degrade those poor girls, I get angry. And it pains me more when I saw it never revealed in the show.
IPK had lots of loops what never solved.
Still I love to watch it. Maybe because of Barun and Sanaya's chemistry.

yeah they were embarrassed to see his bhai' besharmi. But his sexy Bhai whose libido was making him insane became so thandi after the marriage. very weird. isn't it?
the pic what I posted was from off screen segment. Akashay's expression was hilarious. I think you saw the pic too. he was like, OMG!!!!!

Crazy4IPK thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Horizon

Hi Sohara,

Hope your padhai vadhai is going great...miss you around... not that there is much going on here...Gloomy it is... indeed...that too for haldi...

But for NK to say about SR, wonder how/ anyone there for that matter be sure that it hasn't happened already.. afterall che mahine room mates reh chuke hain...😆

He seem to have got a hair trim at least if not a cut and looked super hot... although I am not a specific fan of Khushi's shakuntala look.. but the blasting chemistry made up for anything /everything..

Padhai vadhai is actually making me pissed. I am thinking to take a break. Maybe will get married.😛 Parta nahi, what I will do. Hell confused. 
Why the place is so thandi? 
The most romantic phase is going on in the show, but where is everyone?

You pointed out a very interesting point. I guess all forgot about their first marriage. Even khushi. When asr wanted to address her kkgsr, she stopped him at kkg and said she is not yet sr. I mean "what the". How could they forget their first marriage! They already are married couple.

Oh yeah, my man was looking damn sexy in white kurta. I liked khushi's attire too. But as you said they together ignites the screen on fire. Impossibly sexy together they are.
Horizon thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Episode 331

For a second I thought she needn't have coaxed him for mehendi or to dance, but then there was a wishful yearning in her voice that became softer as she pleaded, "bas ek choti si boond".  I thought of all the times I have wanted the one I love to watch this show with me, to be a part of what I enjoy, to be a part of me. I saw myself in her. A girl in love wanting to share her world with the man she loves. 

She wants that too and asks for it. An implicit right, that he has explicitly stated is hers to grab and exercise on him. "haq hai tumhara" he had claimed, then added, "mujhe pe". And he had a haq too on her.

The ceremonies, the dance, the mehendi all make her happy, but what she really wants is for him to share that joy with her.  He has even succeeded in making her this comfortable around him that she slips into a gentle feminine coquetry,  that intermingled a demand and a plea.Dance with me, it sings today. Put a dab of mehendi on yourself for me, it insists today.

Though he dismisses the idea his face had grown thoughtful as he walked away.  The very first watch I knew Khushi was about to have her desires fulfilled. The man had just admitted to dadi he was ready to move on with his life. Willing and wanting to give happiness a chance. With that declaration one just has to dance.

The girl who always loved to dance seemed a little lost. Her heart was not into it. Her heart was busy with the one that made it race and her eyes continued to search for him. He watched, slightly far from the crowd. He has never been part of it. And even if he tried I think men like Arnav Singh Raizada are born to stand out from the rest.  It is in his DNA to be distinctive. Actually, in this case I don't know where he got that DNA from, most probably his nani.

Devi maiyya was not to be idle today. The perfect lead to set past wrongs right, and have wishes come true tonight. He has always loved to watch her dance. Been mesmerized as she flowed gracefully or moved full of vibrant sanka.  His eyes catch her dori, which has always been an integral part of this love story. Once ripped, forever bound.👏

He beckons her. A softening in the gaze is apparent. She will follow him today.  Perhaps there is so much magic sprinkled in the air for the lovers tonight that they no longer need to be physically near the poolside. The halls are decked with fairy lights. Two gorgeous young lovers remain shrouded in its intimate light.

A slight curling of the lips, he moves to hold her. She is his. She hastens to point out her mehendi. His lips curl a little further. He likes her carefree, untroubled, joyful. And he also likes the feeling that the mehendi has his name. She has it on herself because she is to be his. In fact, for him, for all intents and purposes, she is already his wife.

So, with complete right his hand reaches out and curls around her waist drawing her into his arms. Her eyes widen. That was unexpected. She wriggles and asks him to let go, taking care her mehendi isn't smudged. With a self assured smirk he challenges her, "really?". 

The first time I was so breathless with where his hand had landed and how it had wound around her and pulled her close that I had failed to comprehend what he was saying.  Later I understood. 

He knew she wasn't really objecting.  He has actually always been very decent and in control around her. Even in that hut he had lowered his eyes till he could not take his gaze off her. Now with each ceremony his touches become more maddeningly intimate,  his smile more playful, his gaze more ravenous.  Its languid, and thrilling, and delightful all at the same time.

She stops trying to free herself, and a giveaway smile appears on her lips. In the smile she acknowledges what he already knows. She knows she is safe in his arms. She likes it there.  

His expression turns serious and slowly his hands lightly brushing against her he turns her around.  Hi hand raises along her mehendi clad hand.  She is panting, I hold my breath, what is he doing?  Something I didn't expect. 

He is tying that dori  for her. 

There are so many different levels that this story plays out. We don't need a blatant reminder how and where this particular memory played off. Its ingrained in the involuntary visceral tug inside us when we watch.  

The intensity in his gaze reminds me of the dark furious man as had ripped the same girl's pristine pearl dori. I remember him turn her delicately as his fingers skimmed over her back disentangling her from fairy lights, entangling himself more firmly, eternally, with her. The scene where he opens her hair to cover her exposed back from another man's gaze also plays before me. He wanted to protect her then too, but he did not have the right to tie that dori. Today he does. 

Life rarely gives us chances to fix the wrong we make, but Arnav Singh Raizada  has always realized, repented and done all he can to correct it. In front of such a man fate had to bend. If he hurt her then, he heals himself and her today.  

He then moves to kiss her. She smiles, a beautiful shy smile, even happier than a second before when she realised what he was doing.  And though she runs afar, she has to look back at him.

He stood with his head bent. A strange intensity in his gaze. The first time I wondered what it was about. Even today for an instant I forgot and eagerly anticipated. What could possibly have garnered such a feeling?

To this same music they had danced not to long ago. He declaring his love openly for all eyes to behold. For her to experience. Even that day as this melody dissolved into each particle in the intoxicated air, his hands had caressed her, his piercing gaze had implored. If that dance was a declaration today was the culmination. The love he showed was solidifying and cementing itself. A sense of hamesha had made a mark on his hand, in their hearts.

He eyes held an untold depth. For a minute I think he believed in the divine. His hand had a spot of mehendi. Perhaps there was trepidation in him of how strong this feeling was. Perhaps he never knew, never dared to think he could be this happy. 

His face was the same one I had seen as he had let the payal dangle from his raised hand.  Sometimes words aren't enough, it was in the look that said it all.  On diwali he didn't know what it all meant, today its crystal clear. It is love. A beautiful glorious satisfying love.

No wonder it moves her to tears. She rushed to hug him. Again that smile in him. He has opened his heart to the feeling and let himself get engulfed in it.  Even when she left he remained standing with a smile on his face. 

Of many things I was happy. No body doubles so Sanaya and Barun could be comfortable in their body language. A familiar elevating melody in the background.  And moments of a strong reminder of how blissful the show can make me feel.

Beautiful writing rhea.. I am shuruing from peeche the epis you have sent.
That dori, dupatta, marks of her respect and belief system always have been an intimate integral parts of their love story...wonderful line about that dori ripping and bring them tgether..
some where after the Guest house, Shyam sitting on asr's bed says contemplatively if only life had a rewind button, instinctively asr remembers the guest house with an urge to erase all that pain to her if only he could go back.. as you said life really presents only to few on a few occasions chances to correct themselves..and here is one for the dori...
He just loved her unconditionally, and would do anything to please her with or without thought... if that speck of mehendi could bring a happy smile to her.. he would do that.. in fact he is going through all these rasams just for the sake of her satisfaction, happiness..
I am not a specific fan of these jodhpuris, shaewanis on him.. for ever that 3piece... but here again i almost saw it as a symbolic gesture of he doing it for Khushi/ anjali..
But actually he is right, she should have had LG in her name.. since she had A already...:).. i only wish she didn't have to remind her of the rasam.. all those deeply engraved in his head.. just like ours..

Can't agree more about the body doubles, I almost leap with joy every time I see a back shot of one of these two, and its not an alien..that indeed elevates the over all effect multiple levels..gorgeous edits through out.. btw, i saw the date the thread, as you saw the epi no, it was more than a month ago, and still 19 pages.. but it has been tapering for a while..

thanks rhea..

indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
episode 343

the other day, while watching this episode and making edits, i practically died. there is an adultness and a deeper something else here which causes severe thudding in the heart and breathlessness, then i watch rapt without breathing.

res.

indi52 thumbnail
episode 335

"most people do not really want freedom, because freedom involves responsibility, and most people are frightened of responsibility."
~~~ sigmund freud ~~~

i just watched asr right through this episode. his love, his helplessness, his frustration, his magnificent anger and that boy who never could let a night go.

dadi brought out the worst in him... a clear clean absolute emotion, an anger, but beneath it one sensed a human being in great pain, struggling. she was such a bad reminder of sheeshmahal, all that he has tried valiantly to put behind.

now she stands here with the archaic and erroneous views of sheeshmahal, insisting they be adhered to just because she is the elder and he is the scion of the maliks. she is his grandmother from his father's side, and in a patriarchal system, she has more authority than anyone from his mother's side... she constantly refers to the tragedy at sheeshmahal, i suspect without the power of the past, she is really nothing. it's like her magic potion.

she really has no reference or relevance in this present time. for the past fourteen years she has practically not existed.

the father's side has stopped meaning anything to her grandson. he has walked away from the claim of patriarchy and acknowledged the parent he respects by adopting her family name. he is absolutely and resolutely a raizada. what's more he has a mind of his own and he will do what he feels is the right thing to do. 

he walks out of his sister's room looking worried and dadi attacks.

"kitna sambhal rahe hain aur kitna bigad rahein hain..." how much you are resolving and how much you are spoiling i can see, says she grimly, clearly challenging him.

a deadly look at nani.

i was all set to sit through the episode bored, wondering how they ruined it all. but then that look. i started to watch with interest. asr did not disappoint me.

khushi was wooden in her all will be well mode... bad dialogues, where is hitesh kewaliya.

"mujhse baat karne ka koi faida nahin hai, dadi, main wohi karoonga jo mujhe theek lagta hai..." no point in talking to me, dadi, i will do what i feel is right, rasped (yes, i will use m&b word) the man.

di is in trouble. all that is asr is out, up and about.

"di meri responsibility hai, aur main kissi ko bhi did ko zara si bhi takleef nahin pahunchane doonga," di is my responsibility and i won't let anyone hurt di even that bit. he knows shyam can casually walk into a hospital so he has moved di here, where he hopes to keep her safe.

the anjali ke pati hai rubbish starts.

asr is adamant. shyam has lost all his rights.

dadi hits way below the belt, she suggests anjali might do what her mother did.

i wince. this is so not done. actually, dadi is wonderful because there are indeed people just like her all around. essentially cowards, who need groups to survive, who accept all the unfairness of patriarchy for a melange of reasons, their own survival being a major one, they abuse the power that the system grants them and they habitually do not do empirical thinking, it's easier to accept and peddle other people's thinking in the name of parampara... that way you can spend your energies entirely on delivering dialogue with melodrama and speaking with borrowed force.

this is battle royal i think.

khushi suddenly appears by asr and puts a hand on his shoulder, asking him to calm down. why? should he? i miss my old fiery real khushi.

"jo main logoke baare mein sochta hoon unhen saaf saaf explain karne mein believe karta hoon," what i think of people, i believe in telling them clearly about it. that's asr. no manipulation in his words, no muffling, couching, designing, pandering.

dadi thinks no one loves anjali more than shyam...

i wanted to laugh my head off... a very poor judge of character this lady is... this fits perfectly with her type.

nani steps in. again, the maker, the preserver...

anjali is so unwell, why are you guys fighting?

usually, he listens to his nani, but today, "ek minute, nani" he has been looking at dadi, he's seen something...

a sharp man, it strikes him as odd...

"pehli baar shyam ki aankho mein itna pyaar dekh liya aapne? kal aap usse pehli baar mili thi na? ... pehli baar milke itni yakeen kaise hai aapko usspar?"

you saw so much in shyam's eyes the first time you ever saw him? yesterday you met him for the first time, didn't you? how can you believe in someone so much after just meeting him once?

"unless aap..."

he has guessed it isn't the first time at all.

and dadi confesses she knows shyam.

she rants about his innocence and says, "baki ki jo galat faimiya hui hain..."

"galat faimi!!!" misunderstanding! asr's voice rises.

he loses it.

"koi galat faimi nahin hui hai, dadi... aur sach yeh hai ki shyam jaisa jhoota ur ghatia insaan iss ghar mein kabhi dobara wapis nahi aayega..."

there's been no misunderstanding and someone as lowdown as shyam is not coming back to this house.

clearly the writers are building the story of shyam's return. i know that. and yet, asr sounds so wonderful i sort of forget about the plot.

dadi doesn't believe shyam tried to kill asr...

nk speaks up, instantly the hand is raised.

nani steps in, "subhadra, kauno galat faimi naahin hui hai..." there has been no misunderstanding.

dadi speaks like shyam's groupie, "koi saboot hai iss baat ka?" is there any proof of that?

"dadi, main jaanta hoon ki sach kya hai aur mujhe kissi proof ki zaroorat nahin hai." i know what the truth is and i don't need any proof, insists asr.

"aap bas woh galati mat kijiye jo main pehle kar chuka hoon," he acknowledges he made a mistake. it possibly bothers him often now. how could he have misread shyam like this? he, who believes in his dimaag, his ability to judge a thing correctly.

"really?" he says at one point and i have to go for a cool down session.

dadi refuses to budge, accept it or not, she says, i have come to save this home. "hum kuch bhi galat hone nahin denge..." i won't let anything wrong happen. a nice return to the core issue of sahi and galat there.

"no!" he strikes out. he is incensed. sharp clear enraged "no!", you deserve a poem.

"aap tab bhi galat thi, dadi, aur aap aaj bhi galat hain!" you were wrong then, you are wrong now.

he has pondered sahi and galat too long, too honestly and intimately to let his prejudiced and unfair grandmother take away that premise. beside she has stoked a smouldering wound. she has opened up that wound right in the middle of this... this insensitivity too is typical of her kind.

barun is unspeakably moving each time there's any allusion to maa, but if you refer of her without respect, even slightly hinting at something not sahi in her actions, he is lethal.

dadi, "aap kehna kya chahte hain?" what do you want to say?

asr, "yehi ki hamare liye kya sahi hai aur kya galat, aapko na chauda saal pehele pata tha aur na aaj pata hai." this, that what is right or wrong for us, you didn't know fourteen years ago, you don't know now.

simple clear fact stated.

"ittne saalo se di ka khayal main rakh raha hoon," for so many years i am taking care of di. sublime accent on "main".

"aap nahin... aur aagey bhi rakh sakta hoon." not you, and in the future to i can take care of her.

"aap toh hume chhorkar chali gayi thi na? phir kyun wapas aayin aap? kya lene aayin hain apni ashram se? wahin rehna chahiye tha na?"

you'd left us and gone, right? so why did you come back? what have you come seeking? should have stayed there, no?

i smiled. man has a point.

he leaves, his family arrayed around, looking nonplussed. a fabulous shot. he is undoubtedly the captain of this ship.

"shyam iss ghar mein wapas nahin aayega..." shyam won't come back to this house, he grates. undoubtedly this is a clear sign, shyam will be back.

"rahne dijiye, sister!" shyam is already here. asr has arranged for security, but from next day. must funny smile happen in each frame of shyam? when he was not yet revealed, pre 41, he was so good, nice but creepy in a way you couldn't figure out.

asr stands before his pool, tortured.

khushi walks in... looking to comfort him it seems to me. she insists he take his medicines. whenever there was a gap in ideas, a dose of medicines was administered. usually via di, but tonight it's asr. as though a girl can't just walk in and tell her man she is worried sick for him, the situation at home sucks, and just be by his side, let him feel a little better.

a gripped glass...

"i hate that man, khushi!"soft broken angry seething helpless with emotions.

khushi tells him that she felt shyam had bachhe ko khone ka dukh, the sadness of losing achild. sigh...

and promptly comes an absolutely beautiful: "so?"

so maybe he should be given a chance to meet anjali... khushi starts off. i feel the loss of the khushi i knew.

"khushi, tumne shayad suna nahin theek se..." khushi, perhaps you didn't hear me... he is looking stonily at her. no way is shyam coming here.

the irony is not lost on audience, the cretin is sitting in the house with wife. shyam feeds his wife the entire idea of how exactly he can be brought back. she swallows the whole thing, thinking it's her idea really. would have been interesting, but anjali's character was not convincing any more.

and in her brother's room is a man not easy to fool or convince any more.

"woh sabko bewakoof bana sakta hai par mujhe nahin..." he can fool everyone, but not me. sharp man. he made a mistake, but now he has learned his lesson. not making the same mistake twice.

"are you kidding me, khushi!" at her mumbling about shyam. too cute.

she is going on.

"ok?" he looks at her... he needs her support.

khushi looks achhi bahu and states all she wants is di should get better.
and di barges into the room. he is worried, then elated, she looks better. mami exclaims "ee toh miracle hui gawa," this is a miracle. nk is more pertinent, "
di... iss ek ghante mein aisa kya ho gaya, haanh?" what happened in this one hour?

asr looks at his sister, love brimming in his eyes. he would bring her anything she wants i get the feeling.

she says what she wants...

"hume shyam ji lauta do, chhotey." return shyam ji to me.

the first time i saw, i wondered how he would react. would he give in? of course, he would. he had to. but he didn't... how to forget this man.

somewhere i have never travelled, gladly beyond
any experience, your eyes have their silence:
in your most frail gesture are things which enclose me,
or which i cannot touch because they are too near

~~~ e e cummings ~~~

Edited by indi52 - 9 years ago
aarwen thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Episode 332
Two burning question plague me as I start watching the episode. First, how many pool sides are there in Shantivan? Which room gives access to these poolsides and can you or can you not see from the main hall into the poolside? Second, how much dawai does Khushi's babuji really need and why is it that this dawai can't be bought in bulk and gets over every other day? Actually, something multiple times a day Garima rushes to buy medicine and not one person questions this.

The mehendi laga ke rakhna song I have liked a lot as a child, but this sequence isn't one of my favourites. Garima and Anjali were creeping about with panicked expressions and missing regularly, but no one seems to care much. And ASR already is standing with smiles in the middle of people dancing. 

He did hug her. The love spilling out from his heart. I was reminded of that scene after he broke up with lavanya. He stood watching Khushi dance to salaame ishq. Her hair in curls, all dressed up was she. Her reaction to him then was much more memorable than the coy smiles now. Well, just my feeling entirely.

Enough of being flippant. The events to follow were hardly that.

I never understood the logic behind this elaborate plan that had a very low chance of success. In fact this whole insistence on making sure Anjali lost her child in the most brutal of ways seemed highly unnecessary. What if the doctor was to come out of that operation theater and announce that the mother was dead, then how would Shyam ever manage to re enter the halls of his deceased wife's home? So this whole idea of hurting the child is bloody, gruesome, horrific and senseless to the extreme.

Her feet are bleeding. She already suffers from a limp. She is a pregnant woman. She does not sit down and call someone. She forgets about her baby's well being, about herself. She continues in this quest of finding her Shyamji.  If we are to believe this was possible, then it could only mean that Anjali in those minutes had completely lost any sense of self preservation of herself and her baby. She was obsessing about her husband. Delusional and blind was her devotion to this depraved man. 

Cameras. Broken glass. Raw wires. Layers of ruthless planning. I am appalled at how and why it was shown, when it could have easily been replaced with some other reason that Shyam found, to be brought back to Anjali. Really if she fell and died, what then? And did Shyam not care about his own flesh and blood? His baby.. Was he really that dysfunctional?

A shot of ASR as he watched his di fall had my blood curl. Did you see how his face froze? He had allowed himself to be unguardedly happy and then came a cry. Not his cry, that replays in his head. This time is was his di's cry.

The very same writers who have made this mess of story lines captured this terrible moment perfectly. Everyone else stood in shock while the man of action sprinted as if his life depended on it. The camera registered a blur as he ran towards his screaming, falling di. He would have been the first to react. That is just who he is.

A poignant memory flashed before him as they waited for the verdict. "Tum mama banane wale ho". His relation to the child. How happy had di been when she had seen a glimpse of the life take form in her womb for the first time! ASR himself would never even have thought of such things, he did not even like children particularly, but this was di's child. A part of her, and it was no more. Gone.

The doctor was quite confusing, and thought I don't remember, most probably in my first watch I may have even thought both mother and child got killed. No doubt every exclamation, every dramatic note of music, every tear were to encash on this horrendous murder. Apparently this is what brings more viewership. 

ASR was abrasive and impatient with the doctor. He was angry and shattered. Defeated and Helpless. Flitting through emotions, holding on to sanity. There was such a sense of gravity in how Barun portrayed ASR tonight. He made this whole dreadful situation genuine and veritable. 

A brother had just failed his di. I could believe his anguish.

DurgaS thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Episode 344 

First Telecast Monday,  17th September 2012

Full episode links 

Thanks Katelyn, for the links.

Edited by DurgaS - 9 years ago
indi52 thumbnail

Episode 332

Two burning question  😆 😆 plague me as I start watching the episode. First, how many pool sides are there in Shantivan? Which room gives access to these poolsides and can you or can you not see from the main hall into the poolside? Second, how much dawai does Khushi's babuji really need and why is it that this dawai can't be bought in bulk and gets over every other day? Actually, something multiple times a day Garima rushes to buy medicine and not one person questions this. i thought we have got a fix on the poolside issue... it flies where the sorcerer please, taking rooms, corridors, windows, etc., along with it... and dawai... it's the fix all fall back option writers have when in trouble. trouble mainly being apaucity of good ideas. without a dose of medicines who can move? it's either di's dawai or asr's dawai and now babu ji's endless dawai; you are right, what happened to bulk purchase?

The mehendi laga ke rakhna song I have liked a lot as a child, but this sequence isn't one of my favourites. Garima and Anjali were creeping about with panicked expressions and missing regularly, but no one seems to care much. And ASR already is standing with smiles in the middle of people dancing. 

He did hug her. The love spilling out from his heart. I was reminded of that scene after he broke up with lavanya. He stood watching Khushi dance to salaame ishq. Her hair in curls, all dressed up was she. Her reaction to him then was much more memorable than the coy smiles now. Well, just my feeling entirely. i agree and i just loved the way he hugged her. these days i basically watch him, i admire the actor for being so true to his character. he has said he can't cry, now the poor man has tanker of glycerine pouring all over him and he just does all he can to feel the character... deliver.

Enough of being flippant. The events to follow were hardly that.

I never understood the logic behind this elaborate plan that had a very low chance of success. In fact this whole insistence on making sure Anjali lost her child in the most brutal of ways seemed highly unnecessary. What if the doctor was to come out of that operation theater and announce that the mother was dead, then how would Shyam ever manage to re enter the halls of his deceased wife's home? So this whole idea of hurting the child is bloody, gruesome, horrific and senseless to the extreme. unfortunately that is absolutely right. and i had wondered what if anjali died, barun conveyed to me with his sorry, sorry kyun, rising hysteria that he had feared that.

Her feet are bleeding. She already suffers from a limp. She is a pregnant woman. She does not sit down and call someone. She forgets about her baby's well being, about herself. She continues in this quest of finding her Shyamji.  If we are to believe this was possible, then it could only mean that Anjali in those minutes had completely lost any sense of self preservation of herself and her baby. She was obsessing about her husband. Delusional and blind was her devotion to this depraved man. 

Cameras. Broken glass. Raw wires. Layers of ruthless planning. I am appalled at how and why it was shown, when it could have easily been replaced with some other reason that Shyam found, to be brought back to Anjali. Really if she fell and died, what then? And did Shyam not care about his own flesh and blood? His baby.. Was he really that dysfunctional?

A shot of ASR as he watched his di fall had my blood curl. Did you see how his face froze? He had allowed himself to be unguardedly happy and then came a cry. Not his cry, that replays in his head. This time is was his di's cry. beautiful lines. the crux of it all. yes, not his cry. 👏 👏

The very same writers who have made this mess of story lines captured this terrible moment perfectly. Everyone else stood in shock while the man of action sprinted as if his life depended on it. The camera registered a blur as he ran towards his screaming, falling di. He would have been the first to react. That is just who he is.

A poignant memory flashed before him as they waited for the verdict. "Tum mama banane wale ho". His relation to the child. How happy had di been when she had seen a glimpse of the life take form in her womb for the first time! ASR himself would never even have thought of such things, he did not even like children particularly, but this was di's child. A part of her, and it was no more. Gone.

The doctor was quite confusing, and thought I don't remember, most probably in my first watch I may have even thought both mother and child got killed. No doubt every exclamation, every dramatic note of music, every tear were to encash on this horrendous murder. Apparently this is what brings more viewership. 

ASR was abrasive and impatient with the doctor. He was angry and shattered. Defeated and Helpless. Flitting through emotions, holding on to sanity. There was such a sense of gravity in how Barun portrayed ASR tonight. He made this whole dreadful situation genuine and veritable. 

A brother had just failed his di. I could believe his anguish.

that was succinct and sharp, rhea...  and yeah, it was all asr wasn't it. i have no idea how i would have gone through this bilge minus barun.

there was no need to write this monstrous horror to get shyam back in.

beside, it is so not ipk.

writers have changed... mindset had changed.

i know i will not be seeing anything of the ipk i had fallen for any more.. except for moments of brilliance by barun sobti and a couple of episodes.

really, was it necessary to kill anjali's baby? almost full term.

and really, she might have died, then what would shyam do? bad writing. gruesome direction. at one level unforgivable.

indi52 thumbnail
episode 336

"mat jao."

two words engulfed the episode. they felt genuine, they spoke of a feeling and they painted a man. they had a breadth almost nothing said here had and they had a sense of something fundamental in them. they had weight, in themselves and in the way they were spoken. without guile, with need. and almost as if they slipped out unpremeditated.

asr knows shyam is dangerous. he knows he can take care of his sister. he can fight the whole world to make sure shyam comes nowhere near di. he can lock horns with his obdurate grandmother, tick off his beloved wife, put security in place, take restraining orders, but what is he to do when the one he loves so much, the one he will shield with his life, says... give me back my husband. give me back shyam.

the dazed look on asr's face when his sister asked for what she did was difficult to watch. he tried to reason with her. she raved. i have accepted all your decisions always, now you listen to me, she said.

he couldn't bring himself to say no... or yes. he tried what he always does, to manage everything.

anjali's insistence and refusal to eat had everyone worried. was arnav wrong after all?

only one woman stood firm in her support. his nani. yes, he has got her genes, definitely. devyani raizada is both written with a certain integrity and jayshree t, despite heavy television soap make up and hair, does wonders with her nani. i believe her. i like what she says and what she does. she takes on dadi without any show of achhi nani-ness. you were not around, i took care of the kids... now suddenly you come and start blaming everyone. no, khushi bitiya is not like that.. and why the h are you comparing her to"woh aurat".

dadi's melodrama was unbearable. cartloads of dialogues stuffed in everyone's mouth to take the story forward. today was our day to learn of the other woman replete with teaser flashback of woman clutching hands while dadi with an even more stilted wig, rants.

i don't want to dwell on all that. because a very young man is really frustrated and emotionally weighed down tonight. he is feeling vulnerable and yet he is all protector. di has hurt him by that demand, by not trusting him, but he will never say that of her. he is perhaps also extremely fearful for her safety. he is angry. he is stressed. tonight he somehow even more alone.

he sits in his room, thinking of what his di just said, his dadi and what shyam threw at him one terrible night. his emotions muddle battle and peak. he picks up the vase and throws it. it breaks and shatters.

khushi walks in just then, worried, but somehow she has changed, she is now everyone's not just asr's. she is concerned about everyone, him included... but he, while being in charge of everyone, is curiously mainly hers, even only hers.

needs her badly.

unselfish and rarely evincing his need, he says nothing when she walks in and starts picking up the pieces of glass off the carpet. he sits and joins her... she looks at him surprised, tremulous. why does she not reach out to comfort him i wonder. when she is about to go, he reaches and holds her and turns her gently, making her sit by him. he asks her what the matter is. he had been in tears, but before joining her he has wiped them away. khushi is willing to show everyone her happy side, not her tears. he is more than happy to present before all his brusque, matter of fact, even angry side, never his tears. not even to khushi, because he perhaps doesn't wish to burden her.

she looks at him, a million frets on her face, looking childlike almost, very frayed... later i connected this to her going to get shyam. all the talk had obviously got to her, at various levels and touch points.

i liked seeing his hand resting on her lap.

she said haltingly, she was going home.

promptly came his simple two words, don't go. mat jao.

a plain pure need in them. he said it without any defence or barrier, almost like a child. hard to believe this man was yelling and seething faraq nahin padta all the time. this man could not show his feelings. but to her he can. and he does... mat jao. he needs just a bit of respite. a little love. someone to hold and heal against. just tonight.

she immediately started in a tone that indicated that was not possible.
he retracted quickly, just as he had wiped away the tear earlier... he didn't want to put her in an awkward position...

practise of many years i got the feeling. taking care of one's own self. one's one dard. for this was dard. almost as ache filled as the night of the terrace. his di doesn't trust his decision. and he knows shyam can't be trusted. he must take care of di.
and then there was dadi to be contained too.

i wonder how much it hurt him, that won't listen to anything you say demand of his sister's.

khushi felt bad and said she could sit for a minute with him. years ago i remember shashi kapoor saying, "mere paas maa hai," in deewar. and even though he was my favourite actor, so handsome and heady... i knew that came out weak. tonight i felt that about khushi's "lekin ek minute ke liye baith toh sakte hain." a wonderful little moment created in those words and they could have been delivered with much more genuineness, emotion. her expression felt too pat.

they sat quietly arms around each other. the slightly low angle wide shot felt almost musical.

the next morning he stopped by her, again eyes concerned, noting her diffidence, her tears and kissed her on her forehead right there in the hall. this is a character that knows how to give the ones he cares for. but does that mean he needs nothing? is it a flaw of direction or writing that not once after di's bring back shyam andolan and while he looked as wretched as he did, did khushi put her hand out to stroke or touch him or even ask, are you okay? yes, she looked lovingly at her mehendi at night and remembered his "mat jao", but was that enough? and her thick loaded grief about di felt a bit unreal...

of course, we are being told, look at khushi, see how troubled she is... how much she loves di and hates to see a family in discord.. that's why she will bring back shyam. naturally, this is not enough, we shall devise a little more melodrama and then she will act.

sorry, big gap... if khushi loves so much, she must be also loving him, and she would show it in some way... not just keep looking fretful.

the juice drama, juice and medicine being the ultimate fix alls/go to props of ipk, in anjali's room was forced and silly. but then the whole situation is so contrived and in such bad taste, one really can't expect much.

i am glad he bared his heart... and said, mat jao.

Edited by indi52 - 9 years ago