Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SunshineBliss thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Originally posted by: kg1404

Since u asked, a separation and then a confrontation, it's already sat mrng. Does she go return it to the Guard?? What R u planning? . He leaves for Dubai noonish. Isn't it.? So how abt ,he receives the stuff,fumes and takes off but doesn't use the Dubai Paris tkt to come bk and confront.
Shucks N, what's this,looks like I am forever here in this forum . I hv not used the phone so much even during my pre /wedding engagement days.

kg... you are not alone in this... i work in ALT-TAB mode at office, one of these days i sure will get the boot 

Jeez! no separation please... whilst the last chapters excelled beyond comparison, i'm waiting for some fun/ humour to kick in full mode...been a while..II ,poor girl has had it rough and has been standing up quite well for all that...  a bit of 'disney'  moment  for her perhaps?

PS: if i may ask...can we have  a bit of Paris for the duo sometime in the future...pretty please
Hsp.canada thumbnail
Originally posted by: SunshineBliss

Gosh... I don't know what to say... strangers on subway ... absolutely outstanding...  I read the updates whilst stuck in a jam this morning (yes that long jam😭)...and then at work read strangers again and again with my morning cuppa 

a simple metro ride and 2 estranged friends? lovers?  One goading, attempting to return to normalcy and the other unrelenting - Beautifully done Nisha

the power of  your writing is unparalleled.. I haven't been to my local library in the past one month whereas before Christmas my weeks would be incomplete without at least one visit there. You have it in you girl. Thank you for giving me one of the best reading experiences in my life. 

I totally relate to u about not getting books. So mesmerized by this story, morning cuppa feels incomplete if I don't get to read it. Nisha has us all engrossed in this beautiful tale. As I have said to Nisha, being a author is her true calling.
SunshineBliss thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Hsp.canada

I totally relate to u about not getting books. So mesmerized by this story, morning cuppa feels incomplete if I don't get to read it. Nisha has us all engrossed in this beautiful tale. As I have said to Nisha, being a author is her true calling.

True to word that
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
OK Such MIND BLOWING COMMENTS
I will try and respond tonite (Of course! Like THAT'LL happen) but now before my kiddo's swim lesson I shall write the next part
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
"More Cookbooks?"
Part 127?

Saturday was chaos of every kind, Amma panicked when Akka felt crampy and so they drove to Munirka in the morning, took her to the hospital, all was well, she must have ate something bad they said, Amma cooked, she did laundry at Akka's and returned at Noon ish, and she finished cooking lunch at home while Amma switched to laundry😳👏

The Triveni Kala Sangam event was at 4 PM, she had leave home by 3:30, she didn't know where they were placed on the event list..
Amma Appa couldn't go, because Amma had a book meeting, Appa and II didn't get along anyway so Appa said "No Thanks". II thought it was a great idea instead of listen to him "tell her what to do" its better she is spared of the advice😕

the news on Mrs Moorthy front was he would get here sometime in Feb, get married and take his wife to Vizag in March. She told them if she were to meet him she would decline ON HIS FACE👏

So they dragged their feet around telling Mrs Moorthy that😡

She stayed up all Saturday night so she felt light headed and weak, her arms and legs were aching from all the running around.

They had asked them to wear half sarees, II had quite a few pretty ones, she chose a mustard and ruby/burgundy red Madurai sungudi (a pattern symbolic of the fantastic city of Goddess Meenakshi. For this special part I wanted her to be dressed like Meenakshi😳👏)
combination, the lehanga was mustard and and the blouse a combination of yellow/burgundy and the half saree a plain piece of raw soft silk👏... she wore her ruby jhumkas and was ready by 1 ish, ate as fast as could, she had made dal chawal and subzi... she ate like ermmm.. a pig... 🤣she was teetering between famine struck and drowning in depression, today was former..
She had wrapped her dandiya sticks (kolattam is basically a Tamil Nadu version of Dandiya) in gold paper...😳

Amma loved her look, "I am happy u wore kajal" "you look lovely kanna"
A faint smile crossed her lips😃

"U can smile, you can be yourself, we wouldn't want you to be any other way... U don't speak much now. varuthamave irukke... u are sad all the time... I know u will get over all this, soon your project will be over and u will be working on something even more challenging"

Amma watched her wear mustard and burgundy bangles..😳

"Wear anklets kanna" Amma said, she opened the safe to hand her some rich silvery ones, thick and broad.. with hundreds more bells that her string of silver she wore many days😳

"You only wear pants to work, dress up in a feminine way atleast in weekends" Amma was getting choked up😭

Torn between husband and daughter

Ayyo Amma its OK I am fine, kavala padaade" "Don't worry" she reassured
"You are a fighter I know" she said👏
Amma had to go for her book meeting at 4
She would be back by 7 she said, its usually 8 ...
Appa went off to take a nap, she took the Crosswords bag and headed out at  2:30 ish ish... instead of going to Malcha Marg, in order to save time she stopped by at Shanti Niketan

Shanti Niketan is a minor detour on the way to Triveni, compared to Malcha Marg, plus she didnt want to meet R&B... she had heard he was heading to Dubai, from Ranjan on Friday, she didnt know about Paris though since he booked it at  1AM this morning
 she turned left from Ring Road at the Moti Bagh 
intersection towards Rao Tula Ram Marg
She pulled over near the gates that said TANMAY BATRA in solid copper lettering
The guard recognized her and looked at her attire admiringly..."Bhayya yeh aap Sam Maam ko de dogey kya?"😃
He opened the door and invited her in, she would flee the spot after handing him, she had written on top "R&B" thats it.. not a word more and stapled  near the handle, no not for privacy but just so the books should fall off
There was no privacy required in this relationship😭

The Triveni event would end thankfully at 5 ish she would drive home... Appa would make chai... in a better mood perhaps?😃
Dunno... she would check on Periappa just like she would always even after a one hour trip... she would even feel his breath she would be so afraid sometimes
He sat there on his easy chair mumbling and waving,😭 the nurse looked irritated, quickly arrested that expression upon seeing her😡
She would later go to her room sit on the divan, and open a movie periodical, play LOUD Hindi music on her ipod
Appa would actually smile hearing that... "Hits from 1970s & 1980s" he had heard it a million times... u know...
She didnt change out of her davani because Amma would have said "akka wants to see you like this"😳
She was even wearing the South Indian kunjalam... parandi the three little velvet balls held by gold foil shaped like a cone... Appa was reminded of his lil Ishita kutti during navaratri wearing pattu paavadai..😭
She leaned back drank her chai and closed her eyes...😳

There was a knock on the door at 6 ish...
A 6"3" man stood wearing a navy suit and a burgundy tie, clean shaven, hair combed.. neatly to the back...

"Mr Iyer?" he said
Appa didnt recognize him, he quickly let his veshti down...
"Yes?"
"R&B, Raman Bhalla Sir" He extended his hand for a shake

Appa was flabbergasted
"Oh... Ummm... YES?" he asked sternly

"May I speak with your daughter? Sir?' he asked reverentially
He held a Crooswords paper bag in his left hand

"DID U SEND HER THAT BOOK? DO U KNOW SHE COOKS VERY WELL"
"I sent her all this" he said softly raising the bag, in utter seriousness

"More cookbooks?" Appa asked angry🤣

"No Sir, May I come in?"😳

II DID NOT HEAR A WORD, SHE HAD HER BACK TO HER ROOM DOOR, the twin doors were partially closed, as loud noise bothers periappa

"May I speak with her please?" he asked politely

Appa stood dumbfounded, as he let himself into her room AS IF HE KNEW...
"U dont have my permission" Appa yelled
II turned and saw him

Dropping her ipad and her mag and the phone... turning a glorious red

"I just want to have a few words" he paused by her door turned and said that to a FUMING Mr Iyer...
Mr Iyer was as tall as Ishita, but R&B 6'3"...
He turned towards her and shut the half door behind him

"Ishita ISHITA" shouted Appa😡

"I am OK Pa" she said her heart thundering in her chest...😳
He bolted the door
"I lied" she said choking☺️
"I know" he said turning towards her...☺️

Arya1991 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
res

Me first! Me first! ME FIRST!
🥳
::crazy mad-girl dancing::

Oops. Sorry. Forgot that I'm in a public space 😳

::pretends that crazy mad-girl dancing never happened::

Nisha,

You evil, evil, evil woman, who writes far, far too beautifully for my good.

You stopped right there.
Ittana kodumai yedakku??!
Ippo naa epidi ennoda college-work mudippen?!
That cliffhanger ending is going to keep replaying in my head, with all the different outcomes that my poor sleep-deprived brain can come up with!! 😕
Poor Aristotle. How does his Book of Rhetoric even stand a chance of competing with THE Software Symphonies?

Aiiiyyyooo!!
R&B in suit!!! 😳 ::swoons::
And. You made R&B and II match (burgundy tie & II's dawani)!!!! 😆👏

So. I am pulling an all-nighter in an attempt to catch up on my work & assignments. And. I can honestly say that I've spent more time refreshing SW3 than reading for my assignments 😕
That's the power of your writing.

You have this ability to convey the emotions of the characters by using their smallest gestures, without the blatant expression which is the norm in most writings. So much so, that a good workaholic college student (namely me) can't focus on work anymore.

I'm constantly empathizing with II... and seeing me in her actions and even the lack of them...
R&B gave me hope... and disappointment... and then again brought hope back to me... Just as he does to II.

R&B ki himmat toh dekho!
Khulle aam ladki ke baap ke saamne darwaaza bandh kar liya!
::swoons again::
Gosh. Your R&B has made a total fan-girl out of me.
The time that I don't spend reading his antics, I spend fantasizing about finding my own R&B.

It's the littlest actions/inactions that make Software Symphonies and all these beloved characters come so, so, so close to life.

Again, at the cost of being repetitive and boring, I must say this...
You write far, far too beautifully for my sanity.

Holding onto the edges of the cliff with the tips of my fingers,
Arya.
Edited by Arya1991 - 9 years ago
Abhinaiscool thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Ayyo he's really rakshasan daaa...

Nisha again a cliffhanger... I 😈 its really not fair daaa...hum Sabko pagan banaya hain yaar aapne... 😉

Anyways waiting for THE confrontation data... please tell us when u r gonna update... so we won't pester you by adking for update...

BTW loved the twist ... never thought that he would crash land in her bedroom yaar of all the places in th he world... wonder what Appa is thinking about what's happening inside 😳

You made her totally into an eyecandy... halfsaree kunjalam ruby jhumkas typical tamil ponnu

Love it...Edited by Goosecool - 9 years ago
nidhi.b23 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
hawww nisha...how can u stop yaar...don't kill us plz...
lolz R&B didn't go to dubai...lagta hai package correct time pe mil gaya...n ur description of II was just gorgeous...
R&B and II in same room..FIREWORKS!!! and appa outside... wah wah...
plz update soon...u have to...other wise i will die anticipating what will happen next...
TanjoreGirl thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
NISHA  YOU CANT STOP HERE!!!!! please please *infinity
I lied" she said choking☺️
"I know" he said turning towards her...☺️

WOW👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏
what are you doing to us di please tell me when u plan to update its 8:24 EST here i will put an alarm and get up...
the word loved it would not do justice to what i feel about this update..
its been a while since i added it to my comment being an author is your calling.. all these updates i always always felt he will be direct when the time comes ..
please batha de update kab hai.

Nichuss thumbnail
hope ths meeting goin to change ishra