Still... life - Chetan Hansraj - ARTICLE

Adil112 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

Still... life

< content=08/07/2007 name=date>
Chetan Hansraj sent us some of the best pictures he has clicked, along with the memories
Back to Section Stories Posted On Tuesday, August 07, 2007
Mail this Article Print this Article Search
View Comments Rate this Article Comments

Ranjib Mazumder

Chetan Hansraj has always been interested in photography but never managed to learn it. A few years ago, he bought a Sony Cybershot and set out on a shooting spree - capturing different slices of life and nature. "Compared to the professional cameras, mine is a simple, handy one and it accompanies me wherever I go. But yes, I'm planning to buy a good camera soon," he says.

Flight of fancy

I went to Dublin, Ireland, where I was shooting for a travel show for a news channel. It was 6 am when I spotted the bird (probably it was a seagull) on the lamp-post. I shouted out and the bird flew away. I clicked the picture just as it was taking off.
What a life!

This kid was begging at Bandstand. She was knocking at the window of my car. She could not see me as my car had dark glasses, but I clicked the picture through the glass.
Cold Comfort

We were shooting at Rohtang Pass which is one of the highest points in India. It was -3 degrees centigrade and everyone was freezing. Suddenly I spotted a lightman on the hilltop, shivering in the cold despite wearing a huge fur overcoat. I clicked the picture from 40 metres away. I realised that in any project, the crew members bear the brunt of Nature, not the stars. I dedicate this picture to them.
Vintage Beauty

I took this picture at old Montreal city. I was awestruck by the old world charm of the city. The colour of the sky behind the building has improved the picture considerably.

Safe Deposit

This was taken at Rohtang Pass. If you zoom in, you can spot mantras etched on the scarf. The local people worship Nature by piling stones on each other and tying a scarf on them. Driving in the hilly terrain is very dangerous and this ritual is meant to save people from Nature's fury.

Save Me

This was taken at Arambol beach in Goa two years ago where I spotted the dead tortoise on the beach. It turned out to be one of the finest pictures I have clicked ever. I feel we are mercilessly destroying nature.
Role Model

Milind Soman has been my role model since my college days. So when I was shooting with him for Bhram, I clicked this picture from a low angle. Milind loved the picture.

Where's the silver lining?

I was at Montral, Canada, where I was invited for the India Day Parade by my NRI fans. I was in the balcony of my hotel when I saw cloud looming large over a building. The picture gives you the feel that the cloud is going to swallow the building. To me, this speaks of the darker side of nature.
Oh boy!

This picture was taken at Crabby Island in Thailand. He is a local kid, playing on the seashore. If you look at the picture closely, the boy's left leg and the mountain in the background has a strange similarity. The picture gives you the feeling that we all are the creations of the mighty mysterious.

here the link - http://www.mumbaimirror.com/net/mmpaper.aspx?page=article&am p;sectid=12&contentid=200708072007080702474331268ba462b