From Yellow Pages of An Old Classic! OS Completed!!

Parakeet thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 9 years ago

From Yellow Pages of an old classic!

OS

Year 2011, July.

The  night seemed to be lost somewhere between the dawn and darkness, while she laid draped only in a s ingle ssilk sheet and his fair warm arms, his handsome face away from her sight but his left leg thrown across her belly, the contours of her body could be visible easily over the satin while sheet,' now' lightly heaving chest and the tiredness of the eyes was telling the story of past  night, they had again made love, it wasn't anything strange, she loved him and he loved her, she knew that he would do anything for their happiness if not for her's alone, atleast she had faith in it, but still something, deep in her heart aroused a sense of discontent!

On her wedding day, few months back, her sisters had claimed that she as the luckiest, as her husbnd was most handsome of the lot, and she had blushed in response, she knew that they were right, just one look at him and anybody could get weak in knees,  nothing of this sort of feeling had ever propped up  until then, and now she was feeling unusual. She was as it seemed, felt empty, like part of her was missing, like nothing was making anything perfect. It wasn't that her husband wan't a good man or treated her badly but it was actually her own heart that claimed to feel that distance, something was definitely wrong.

She, sat up, the satin sheets slipped exposing her alabaster contours, making the sun's orangish glow to fall on her body giving it a certain hue-ish glow! She immediately pulled up the sheets above her breasts and blushed a deep crimson, lost in previous night, he had been too loving, more than what he was in all these days, even slightly more than their first time. He was always ful of surprises, may be she was just thinking too much, she chided herself, as she gave him a forlorn look  of longing, a small smile crept on her petal-like lips as she moved forward and dipped her head a bit and lovingly grazed her soft cheek against his shoulder of his sprawled form on his stomach and then pecked lightly at the same place and stealthily moved out of the bed, not wanting him to wake up, and ran towards bathroom.

~*~

Year 2011, December.

Tears tickled down his cheeks as he saw her moving out, leaving him forever, throwing the final certificates of their separation on his face, her beauty, her yes, her long silky tresses, everything seemed to have taken a form of Gorgon Medusa, looking at him with a steely blaze, only if she could also kill him, he would have been happy, for life without her was more of deadly punishment than it waste it away while with her and her mood swings, her tantrums and her violent blows of sarcasm against him and his family and her betrayal!

His life was breaking apart, may be this was the what he deserved after all the trust he bestowed in her, people who trust others too much, and blindly too are assured to fall in this well. He, himself was solely responsible for the fall of his garden of Eden, Satan had really seduced his Eve, not for him but from him, this time! He should have known better than to trust his fate. He was main culprit this time!

And then she left with a single bang on the door, leaving him impaled, broken and shaken. This loss on him was like final blow, he felt his breathing stuck and his heart seemed to revolt and then with a single painful contraction he collapsed on floor clutching his chest tightly, his eyes closed and his body, face and forehead heavily covered in sweat. For moments he felt he was dead, his body felt light as feather, his limbs felt numb and his eyelids as heavy as lead that seemed to have no strength left for they didn't made it to open and see what was going on, the muffled voices around him made way, but he seemed to have lost in that dark place, maybe, he thought, this was for better, and the thought alone brought a grave smile from within.

He wanted to be left alone and may be death was only way when he could be away from the taunting voices of his wife or rather ex wife, sympathetic glances of his family and friends, the people who wanted him to always act like aman to her, while he turned deaf ears to him, completely blinded in love for her; and the chec-and-mate look of his boss or rather the Satan himself!

With these thoughts, his eyes rolled back into void, while his body succumbed to darkness...

~*~

Year 2011, December.

"Mr. Bhalla! ...how are you feeling now?" asked the lady doctor in her late thirties or rather early forties with a very pleasant smile and calm voice.

He just nodded, his body felt as heavy as lead, and he looked up at the doctor with his eyebrows crocked up as he tried to lift his hand.

The doctor as if understanding his query smiled and answered his unasked question softly, "Its because of anesthesia, you are feeling numbness, it would go within an hour or two." And then looked at door and aked doubtfully, "Do you want to meet your family? they are just outside..."

A glint of hope crossed his face and he, not able to control asked in a hoarse voice, "My wife?"

While the doctor looked surprised and shook her head negatively and said almost sympathetically, "I am afraid about that, but your mother and father are there, should I call them in?" she asked hopefully.

He just looked at void mutely and shook his head and replied dejectedly, "No, I would rest."

~*~

Year 2014, June.

"Hi! I am Ishita", she introduced herself to her, sitting on her knees coming at her level, infront of her with a sweet smile, while the girl looked at her with wide eyes, her innocent mouth closed in a tight line, not knowing what to say and what not. And then she looked at him standing beside her, her dad who looked at his daughter and then at the woman incredulously and holding his daughter's hand tightly and was about to walk away, not happy with unknown lady's advances.

"Ishita Chitti!" exclaimed a boy, the same boy whom he had taken to ice cream parlor with his daughter  and that's when he halted, when the boy turned towards  them with a huge smile and said while coming forward, "Ruhi Phunjaban! She is my chitti I was taking about..." and then looked up at him and waved his hand  with a smile and wished, "Hello Dost!"

Raman nodded with acknowledgement and then looked at the woman infront of him awkwardly and nudged Ruhi, his daughter, his only life savior to wish her back, that Ruhi did, "Hello... I am Ruhi." It was like out of manners, that were taught to her, her soft voice sounded practiced and her demeanor stiff and rigid, nothing happy, just like her father, Ishita noticed, but she smiled widely at the little angel in response.

~*~

Year 2014, September.

"What!" she exclaimed and then she excitedly clapped her hands and came forward and kissed her little angel on her chubby cheeks before engulfing her in a bear hug and then continued, "Congratulations Ru! You came first!", and then coming out of the hug she stood up and picking her up in her arms, she swirled her around happily, giggling, while the man standing at a distance in crisp trim suit and aviator glasses smiled, as his most attractive spots deepened giving fluttery reactions to woman all around and to her too, as she caught him staring from a distance. But he didn't went near, rather just walked off towards spotless white SUV, and sat in and zoomed away.

*~

"This is my Husband Subbu... and Subbu this is Raman..., I mea..n Mr. Bhalla., while the husband looked at the crisp personality infront of him, in one of the most expensive restaurants of the city,  while Ishita continued  with a loving smile as she looked at the angel between her and Raman, and continued, "And this is  Ruhi... I told you about the little angel, Didn't I?" she turned towards Subbu asking.

"Of course you did..." and then turned towards the father and muttered under his breath, "But not, that her father is Raman, as in The Raman Kumar Bhalla!"

THEY had their dinner in silence, while she kept feeding Ruhi, one morsel Ishita while other Raman, it was amost getting awkward for Subbu to be there, for he felt as a third party; and so after dinner he encircled her shoulder quite over intimately and said "Good-bye" to the duo father and daughter as he saw a different glint  in the eyes of father, his hand wavered  bit and then he tightened his hold on his wife, while wife looked oblivious to the interaction.

~*~

Year 2014, December.

"Kya?" she exclaimed as her younger sister or rather her cousin Mihika told her about the latest developments across their apartment.

"Yes Akka!... the bitch is back! And guess what! Raman Ana took her back, himself! I mean, we all already know how must smitten he always was was, from his paunch days to now when he is all, most SEXY CEO of the year! The bitch is too lucky, don't you think?" completed Mihika, while she just nodded, lost.

She was too lost when she came out of her Amma's apartment and had just reached the steps when she heard a woman's shrilly voice, or rather excited voice.

"Raman, I didn't knew that leaving you for a while, back then, would be so much useful, I mean look at you now, girls down their  they all seemed to burn without fuel seeing you with me." While Raman just was climbing up the stairs with a straight face , while her hand was coiled in his arm, his eyes hidden behind the aviator glasses.

It were just four steps from where she was atanding, when his steps halted and his face turned in her direction, her lost self, her blank eyes,he removed his glasses lazily and it was then their eyes met.

It was first time in months, the period since they had knwn each other, or rather she had known him, she felt iit return, the same emptiness, something that seemed to leave her since Ruhi entered her life or rather since her father came in her life.

Her eyes filled with unknown pain, a pain that was but a reflection of his own emotions, and then her eyes travelled towards the woman standing beside him, a very beautiful, elegant, and distinguished female, a woman who could be called "every Ma's dream" and then she averted her gaze and looked down and silently climbed down, without uttering a single syllable.

~*~

Year 2014, December 31st, 11:45 PM.

Ruhi and Shravan were jumping up and down in excitement, for Bhalla's and Iyer's  had decided to celebrate New Year together, and not only these two families but the whole Akash-Ganga society. The decorations were on their prime, everything was ready and all they were waiting for was for clock to strike 12:00!

But beyond every excitement, all the howls of laughter that erupted from people as they joked around, her heart was sinking, she was dragged there again, and try as she might to run away but all she found in last was herself  in pool of mess, again, of those undeniable awful feelings, a hope to find solace in forbidden territory. While her heart would chat a similar mantras,

"No! This Is SIN! He Is Married! I am Married! This Is Sin! This is SIN!!!" she chanted again and again, as she sprinted little away from her family, from all hullaballoo...

But she had walked only a few steps away from the last hums of the voices in the background from the society hall when she found HIM standing near the back gate of the society, a part of the place slightly secluded. Her feet halted as she looked at him back that was facing her, his straight shoulders, his crisp personality and his intriguing demeanor.

She thought to walk back unnoticed from him, but as she turned on her heels, without making any voice, she heard his baritone whisper, "Ishita?"

While she sighed and turned towards him, only to find him staring back at her with straight face, giving nothing away!

She walked towards him and stood across him and smiled and said, " Decorations are beautiful... Romi has done a commendable job..."

While he just looked at her intently and then asked in a serious monotone, "I didn't see you after that day, you didn't even come in Ruhi's function... she was waiting for you all evening..."

Ishita looked at him surprised, she was not expecting this or any question, but she answered clearing her throat, "I was busy... actually Subbu was also out of town and I was alone with his Amma... and you know I had so many appointments at the clinic and all..." she completed fidgeting and looked at him.

While he just smiled and turned away his face from her.

She looked at him with uncertain longing and then also looked away and said meekly, "I am... happy for you..."

"At this, he turned her way in surprise and then smiled a very simple and distanced smile and replied, "I am happy too.." and then as she looked at him at his reply, he continued, "That you..." and then gauging her surprise in her look he continued, "That you are happy by this arrangement..."

She looked confused, not knowing, not understanding his meaning, and then she looked deep in his dark ocean of secrets and her eyes widened, for she saw nothing but reflection of her own confused emotions, and then she turned her back towards him and said in an inaudible whisper, "This is sin", as if she was telling herself and then she again muttered to herself, "This was Sin!"

And then she felt him stir and walk past her, his shoulder brushing against hers and had taken only few steps away when he halted and turned back, his face straight, devoid of any expression, his voice grave and said, "Some stories are complete in their incompleteness."

And with that he walked towards her, suprising her and himself and held her hands in his and said, "We might definitely not made to be life partners but no one can deny that we arn't Soulmates!" and with that he brought her hands near his lips and pecked her knuckles lightly and walked away towards his family.

While she stood their rooted, her eyes widened at his implication and then she looked up at the sky above her as it filled with the breathtaking fireworks proclaiming the entry of the year 2015, reflection of which in her eyes was immense due to the unshed tears in them.

~***~***~***~

Okay now that's it!

I am Priya and I am writing this without seeing the screen, I am not allowed to , I hope there were not much mistakes. I can't PM, I am sorry for that.

I hope this OS was not Lousy...

I couldn't stay much away from you all... but I don't think I would be regular for a while, this OS just came to me so I wrote, and to be true, I am was depressed, So if it made you all too then I must tell you, It was meant to be! πŸ˜†πŸ˜›

I Love you all...

Edited by OfTheHeart - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Nee28 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Crisp & brilliant πŸ‘
Just loved it
Albeli26 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
its really good to c u here. it is a such a lovely os priya. so how r u nd ur health?? get well soonagain nd take care.
swathin thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Superb update dear
The story d emotions it carry
Was awesome
Tk care
pri12 thumbnail
awsome...how r u feeling now?
WhyAmIHereAgain thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Hey priya.. I hope u r doing well after the surgery. Since u mentioned that u cant see the screen.. I m guessing it has something to do with ur eyes. Plz take ample rest..we all miss u here n ur stories too...n this was brilliant as well..so subtle n sombre.

Plz plz take rest n then come back with more awesome stories. But first is health. Take care of urself.

Shalini
arnavkidevani thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 3
Hi Priya
I hope you are feeling better and pray you get well soon!😊

What a superb story You have written! Simply amazing! 
The emotions, anguish and longing were so palpable! WELL DONEπŸ‘

Simply fantastic! If you can please please please continue this story. 

Take care

btalwar thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Hey Priya

To begin with, I get to know from reviews that you underwent a surgery. So, please take care and get well soon.

Now on to the story. Wonderful is the word. Loved the fact that you did not make it a happy ending, cliche, fairy tale for some stories are best left incomplete.

We may not be life partners but we are soulmates ☺️. For me this line beats the most mature OS in this forum. This is a turn on in itself cause it simply beautiful beyond words.
Any person's dream is to find his/her soulmate and they found it in each other.

Loved the conflicting emotions and I could actually visualize the scene in front of me.

Loved your work.

Cheers

Bhanu.
cool_arpana thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 3
res

unres

I really liked it...very well expressed ...can feel the intensity...

Loved this line "We might definitely not made to be life partners but no one can deny that we are Soulmates!"

You know what you can actually continue this...esp since you have written in this leap of time manner.

Looking forward for it.

Edited by cool_aparna - 9 years ago
shravani_2311 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
wondrful...
excellnt...comptly loved dis OS...