Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

wayward thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 9 years ago
Loved How You Described It !! Best Part Was Where Priyamvada 'Rattled' About The Names ! Waiting For Kanha's Masti With Arjuni !
Kore-Soteira thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Arjuni nice name 😉
So now Arjun's doubts will be cleared
Surya_krsnbhakt thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Chapter 32: Cupid's Challenge:

Arjuni was ushered in by Radha and Sharada. Keeping her glance on the ground, she walked inside the emerald-like bowers of Vrindavana, and saw an effulgence in front of her. Her companions gently squeezed her hands and let go of them. Arjuni looked up towards the effulgence and felt an intense sense of Bliss and horripilation! In front of her stood Krsna, the Supreme Person, with a smile like a thousand Cupids, his form curved into the Tribhangi posture, with a flute held in his hands.

"Welcome, Arjuni."

Arjuni's face flushed with happiness at the utterance of her name. She rushed to Krsna and fell at his feet.  "Astu Ambujaksha Mama Te Charana Anuragah," she said. Oh Lotus-eyed One, May I always have love for your lotus feet.

Krsna lifted her and looking into her eyes said, "So be it."

He then blew his flute - and what melody! Arjuni was enraptured! Soon, she was surrounded by gopikas, all attracted towards the song of the flute. Krsna welcomed them all, and with gusto, the much awaited Rasa Leela began.

Krsna took multiple forms for each gopika, including Arjuni. Arjuni was overjoyed to have such personal attention. She gazed at Krsna, drinking in his love.

As the Rasa festival went on, Arjuni noticed some luminous figures descend on the earth, and she noticed those luminous figures disappearing just outside the circle of gopikas. She looked at Madhava, who said, "Watch the fun."

By now, all the gopikas were aware of the luminaries, and they kept glancing to see what had happened, while continuing to dance with delight.

Lord Shiva, Devi Lakshmi and Kamadeva glanced at one another.

"So Mahadeva, you too want to enter the Rasa Leela?"

"Yes, Devi Lakshmi! That is my greatest desire!"

The two deities then looked at Kamadeva.

"Why have you come here Kama?" Lakshmi asked quizzically.

"Nothing mother..." Kama began, looking sheepish. "I have placed a bet with Lord Krsna, that he will fall under my spell of love..."

Lakshmi looked at her son aghast. "You what? Do you even realize what you are betting on? DO you think Krsna is going to fall for your arrows?"

Kamadeva's gaze dropped, as his mother and his enemy, Mahadeva, stared at him.

"Well, go on then." Shambhu said cheerfully. "Let's see what tricks you have got this time."

And so Kamadeva flew into the sky. With grace, he pulled out his first arrow, Harshana, made of Kumuda flowers. It was used to create a sudden outburst of emotions. He released the arrows into the Rasa Mandala, and to his utter amazement, Krsna seemed to be succumbing!

Encouraged, he pulled out his second arrow, Rochana, made out of Asoka flowers, to create a desire among the victims. As soon as he released the arrow, the atmosphere became very pleasant, with the cool breeze of the Govardhana blowing nearby. The gopikas and Krsna seemed to feel even more passionate. Kama was very much surprised.  He was actually succeeding!

The next arrow he released was Mohana, made out of Chuta flowers, to create powerful infatuation in the target. As soon as he shot this arrow, the gopikas wilted into Krsna's arms!

He lost no time in releasing the fourth arrow, Shoshana, made out of Navamallika flowers, made to numb the senses of the victim, so that he or she would be in a prolonged state of infatuation. When he released this, the gopikas, including Srimati Radharani Herself, began to embrace Krsna passionately.

Kamadeva sucked his breath. This was far easier than he had thought! Now only one more arrow, Marana was left. Made out of Neelotpala flowers, this would plunge the victim into deep love, causing separation to be death like. But when he released it, he felt a sense of foreboding. He remembered the last time; he had been burnt to ashes! Even now, his spiritual body was only visible to the gods, and no one else. In that instant of thought, the arrow exploded.

Edited by Surya_krsnbhakt - 9 years ago
wayward thumbnail
Oh Teri !! Where Did You Stop It !! Update Fast ! I'm Dying To Know What's Next !!! I'd Love To See Kanha Falling Into Kama's Spell Even If He's Acting !! I'd Just Love It !!!

Originally posted by: Radhikerani

Oh Teri !! Where Did You Stop It !! Update Fast ! I'm Dying To Know What's Next !!! I'd Love To See Kanha Falling Into Kama's Spell Even If He's Acting !! I'd Just Love It !!!

You would love to see Kanha falling for Kama, even if he is just acting.. let's see...

Chapter 33: Entry Restrictions

Mahadev and Lakshmi watched dumbstruck, as Kama's arrows seemed to cause infatuation in Krsna. When Kama released his final arrow, Marana, Mahadev was reminded of the time he had burnt Kama. But now the arrow just sailed swiftly through the air, and for an instant Krsna seemed to lose control of himself! The two deities saw him passionately embracing the gopikas, and planting fervent kisses on their lips! And then the arrow exploded.

Being a special arrow, it didn't cause much noise on explosion; rather, it burst into a shower of Neelotpala petals which rained onto the Rasa Mandala. And in that shower of petals, the Rasa Mandala itself disappeared, along with the passionate Krsna and His equally passionate gopikas!

Kamadeva was stunned at the explosion of Marana. He was even more stunned at the complete disappearance of the Rasa Mandala. And just then, Krsna's voice flashed in his mind, Is that all, Kama? Or do you have some more tricks left?

Tatraiva Avirabhut Shaurih Smayamana Mukhambujah|

Pitambaradharah Sragvi Sakshat Manmatha Manmathah||

In a flash, there appeared Lord Sauri, with a smiling lotus face, decked in golden silks, enchanting that enchanter Cupid himself.

And in front of Cupid's eyes, danced Radha and Krsna - in each and every direction he looked, the Divine Couple performed their Divine Dance of Love. With eyes filled with tears of joy, Kamadeva fell at His feet and offered his salutations. "It was for this very reason that I had challenged you, Bhagavan! To see this very form of yours!"

Krsna smiled at Kamadeva, who was his son in another incarnation; indeed at the very beginning of creation, Kama was his first child!

Lovingly picking up Kamadeva, Krsna said, "Those who remember this leela of Manmatha-garva Bhangam wholeheartedly shall not succumb to any form of lust!"

He then removed the illusion, and the Rasa mandala reappeared, with all the gopikas staring in delight. Krsna looked at Arjuni. "So how did you enjoy this leela?"

Arjuni's eyes sparkled with pleasure. "It was a truly beautiful one!"

"And now for Shiva and Lakshmi's turn!" Krsna said cheerfully, looking at the other two standing outside the Rasa Mandala.

The two deities took a step forward, when Tripurasundari  manifested in front of them. She held her hand to indicate them to stop.

Lakshmi looked at Mahadev with a puzzled look. She inquired Tripurasundari, "Lalite, why are you stopping us?!"

Lalita Devi smiled at Lakshmi. "Well, first of all, you both aren't allowed inside."

Lakshmi looked aghast. "What?"

Lalita turned to Mahadev. "Of all gods, Mahadev, you are among the most masculine. And in the rasa Mandala, there can be only one Purusha, Lord Krsna. The rest of the Rasa Mandala is entirely feminine. Therefore, due to your masculinity, you are denied entry to the Rasa." She then turned to Lakshmi Devi. " Even though you, Sakhi, are one of the finest among women, you do not possess Bhakti equal to that of the Gopika Yuvatis. Their love is of the Highest form; yours, dear sakhi, is at the level just below theirs. Their love is filled with Madhurya Bhava (Pure Love), whereas you still have Aishvarya Bhava (Loved filled with desires of gifting things).Therefore you are not granted access into the Rasa Mandala."

Lakshmi's expression turned from surprise to one of horror. She looked at the Rasa Mandala, guarded by Tripurasundari, and her eyes filled with tears. She sat down in that very spot, and began chanting the Krsna mantra. From the mediating Lakshmi Devi sprung another portion of her, who flew back to where she had come from - Vaikuntha. She was going to take birth again.

Lalita Devi and Mahadev looked at the meditating Goddess. Mahadev turned to Kameshvari. Isn't there another way?

Lalita Devi smiled. "Indeed," she said, "at this very moment, another male resides in the Rasa Mandala-"

"What? But you said no males are allowed!"
"Let me complete, Mahadev!" she chortled. "Arjuna, the Pandava has taken the female form of Arjuni by my grace, and has entered the Rasa. You too may do so, if you wish. But in your case, yo will have to propitiate Vrinda devi, the Mistress of this Forest."

Hearing these words, Mahadev exclaimed, "Propitiate?! But that would take at least some days!"

"Fear not, Shankara. The Rasa Mahotsava of Lord Krsna always lasts for the duration of one Brahmaratra - Lord Brahma's night, which is 4,320,000 years. So you have lot of time!"

Within seconds, Mahadeva vanished.

Note: The place where Goddess Lakshmi sat in worship is now the famous Lakshmi temple, in Belvan, Mathura District, where many people come to worship her even today.

Edited by Surya_krsnbhakt - 9 years ago
wayward thumbnail
Written With A Lot Of Devotion, Bhaiya !! And What A Blow For Kama That Too When He Had Just Reached His Goal ! Also, The Madan's Secret Wish Was Too Clever ! Aww, So Dear Mahadev Is The Lucky One Now ! BTW, When Did Maa Laxmi Complete Her Penance ? Very Very Beautiful !

Originally posted by: Radhikerani

Written With A Lot Of Devotion, Bhaiya !! And What A Blow For Kama That Too When He Had Just Reached His Goal ! Also, The Madan's Secret Wish Was Too Clever ! Aww, So Dear Mahadev Is The Lucky One Now ! BTW, When Did Maa Laxmi Complete Her Penance ? Very Very Beautiful !

Thank you. The inspiration of this chapter came to me when I saw that sloka posted in the chapter in Bhagavatam. I just literally translated the sloka.

Whether Mahadev is lucky or unlucky will be decided next chapter.
Devi Lakshmi took another form no? So while she continues to do tapas, her other portion takes an avatara to attain Krsna. Thus, after the Rasa Leela is over, Rukmini Devi is born.😊
wayward thumbnail
Hmm...I Get It Now !!
varaali thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Very interesting...Devi Rukmini's avatara on Earth...Eager to know what happens to Mahadev...

Are you following any text?