Pretty please?Edited by SprinklesOfLove - 9 years ago
MrDarcyfan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: SprinklesOfLove

Please update
Waiting eagerly
Pretty please?

I have a lot on this week. So I wont promise, but will try and get un update done by the weekend! 
snehaluvmaaneet thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Plz plz update and give ys diwali present 😛
SprinklesOfLove thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: MrDarcyfan

I have a lot on this week. So I wont promise, but will try and get un update done by the weekend!

Please try to do it earlier if you can!
Will appriciate that
SprinklesOfLove thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Ufff weekend is too far away!!
MrDarcyfan thumbnail

Part 10

After Dinner - Sitting Room - Ibrahim Mansion

After dinner, they were all sitting around in the hall and chatting. Sanam and Seher were sitting together on one of the couches with Aahil. Sanam was in the middle, with Aahil and Seher on either side of her. Zain was sitting with Ishaan and Aisha on another couch. Everyone was talking about how they should all get together again, in Dubai preferably.

"Maybe if a special occasion were to come up, it will be a really good chance for everyone to come to Dubai right?" said Zain, looking pointedly at Seher. Seher noticed the look and indicated with her eyes to him to not say anything.

"Api cant travel for a few more months, and there is no way I am leaving till my niece or nephew is born, so whatever special occasion, it will have to be after that", said Seher looking at Zain. Zain smiled.

"So I guess there is a possibility that there will be something worth us all getting together for in the near future ha?" said Zain.

"Who knows? Anything is possible!", Seher interjected.

"What sort of mischief are you planning Seher?" asked Sanam, looking pointedly at her.

"Why would it have to be mischief Api?"

"Ummm...coz YOU are involved?" said Sanam laughing.

"I just might surprise you one of these days Api".

"I'll believe it when I see it", said Sanam in archly.

"I have faith in you Sali Sahiba" said Aahil.

"Thanks Jeej! At least SOME people have faith in me" said Seher looking at Sanam, and she Sanam smiled at her.

"You KNOW I am kidding right baby"? Said Sanam.

"Of course Api!" said Seher, who gave Sanam a quick squeeze on her hand. "You can't help but love me!"

"You are hard not to love" said Sanam, squeezing her hand back.

"Look at this "Sister act"? Can't you feel the love? I feel left out" said Aahil with a fake pout.

"We love you too Jeej!" said Seher laughing. "Anyway, Api is legally bound to loving you. No escape for her!"

"That's right. There never will be any escape Begum. Not for you. I got you for life!"

"How romantic" sighed Aisha, looking at Sanam and Aahil. Seher looked at her sister and her brother in law indulgently. "May they always be this happy! Kisi ki nazar na lage mere behen ki khusion par", Seher made a heartfelt wish.

As everyone continued to chat, Ishaan turned on the TV.  There was a show with music videos from Bollywood movies on. Suddenly a song that was one of Seher's favourites started to play.

*"Dil Kyun Yeh Mera Shor Kare...Dil Kyun Yeh Mera Shor Kare...Idhar Nahi Udhar Nahi, Teri Ore Chale"

"I LOVE this song, please turn it up Ishaan", said Seher to her cousin who had the remote in his hands. Suddenly Zain turned up next to her.

"May I have this dance ma'am"? he said smiling at her, and extending his hand to her.

"Dance...but Zain..." Seher started to say.

"Dance, dance, dance" the cousins started to chant. Seher shook her head and smiled and took Zain's hand. All the cousins started to toot and clap.

They went to the middle of the floor and started to dance to the song.

"Dil Kyun Yeh Mera Shor Kare...Dil Kyun Yeh Mera Shor Kare...Idhar Nahi Udhar Nahi Teri Ore Chale..."

Zain and Seher were moving around the floor with great precision and timing. Both were good dancers. They had even done dance lessons together once, when they had wanted to take part in a New Year's eve dance contest.

"Zara Der Main Yeh Kya Ho Gaya...Nazar Milte Hi Kahan Kho Gaya"

Suddenly over Zain's shoulder, Seher's eyes met a pair of chocolate brown ones. They were intensely boring into her.

"Zara Der Main Yeh Kya Ho Gaya...Nazar Milte Hi Kahan Kho Gaya"

Seher was not able to look away. She continued to stare at Rehan and him at her.

"Bheed Mein Logo Ki Woh Hain Wahan...Aur Pyaar Ki Mele Mein Akela Kitna Hoon Mein Yahan..."

Rehan just kept looking at Seher. She was with another man, but her eyes were with him. All her family were surrounding her. All smiling and approving the scene in front of them. He alone stood on the side, watching. He forgot that Sonia was standing next to him.

"Dil Kyun Yeh Mera Shor Kare...Dil Kyun Yeh Mera Shor Kare...Idhar Nahi Udhar Nahi Teri Ore Chale"

Zain twirled her around and as she did a turn, her eyes still held Rehan's.

"Shuru Ho Gai Kahani Meri, Mere Dil Ne Baat Na Mani Meri...Shuru Ho Gai Kahani Meri, Mere Dil Ne Baat Na Mani Meri...Haad Se Bhi Aaghe Yeh Guzar Hi Gaya...Khud Bhi Pareshan Hua, Aur Mujhko Bhi Yeh Kar Gaya"

Everyone paled into the background. She was dancing with Zain, but she was actually sharing the moment with Rehan. They were in the middle of a crowd, but it might as well have been the two of them there.

"Dil Kyun Yeh Mera Shor Kare...Dil Kyun Yeh Mera Shor Kare...Idhar Nahi Udhar Nahi Teri Ore Chale"

Zain twirled Seher around for the last time, and then dipped her down. Everyone started to clap. Rehan suddenly snapped out of the trance he was in. Zain let Seher up slowly and she looked around, and Rehan was nowhere to be seen. Zain was looking at her, and Seher gave him a small smile. She felt uncomfortable. She had been dancing with Zain, but all her attention had been on Rehan. She felt almost guilty. But the truth could no longer be denied. She was not over Rehan. Not by a long shot. Lying to herself didn't mean that it will change reality. She had to accept that her feelings for him were still very much unresolved. She had already known that. But she had thought that talking to Rehan was a waste of time. Because she had not wanted to re-live the past. But no matter how much she avoided the subject the past was very much alive between them. She owed it to herself to talk to him. On the surface it appeared that Rehan had moved on. But sometimes looks can be deceptive. Both Aahil and Sanam had told her that she should talk to him. That it is something she should do regardless. But she had always denied that it was necessary and refused to listen to them. However, after what had happened during the dance, it was clear that they were right. She should talk to Rehan. But she needed some time alone to think. She had to find an excuse to get away from here for a little while.

Rehan had left the hall as the sound of the clapping that Zain and Seher received was still resounding in the background. Sonia watched him walk towards the back of the house, and she discreetly followed him. She had seen exactly what had happened during that dance. There was no way she could not confront Rehan now. Whatever this was, it was mutual and it was intense. What she was seeing was not two people who were just attracted to each other. There was more to it than that. Sonia saw Rehan walk up the stairs at the back of the house and he reached the terrace on the rooftop. Rehan walked to the balcony and rested his hands on it. He looked up at the sky and closed his eyes. He could no longer deny what he was feeling. No matter how much he tired, he could not forget her. He was not over her by a stretch of the imagination and nor was he going to be. From what he had seen during that dance and earlier at Bhojpur Hill, he felt that Seher was not indifferent to him either. He had to talk to her. But before that, he had to talk to Sonia. He had to tell her that he was sorry, but there was no way their relationship can continue. Whatever Seher felt, whether she wanted to give him another chance or not, he STILL could not lead Sonia on. She cared about him, and he about her. If nothing else, she was a good friend and he didn't want to lose her respect. He turned around with the resolve of going to look for Sonia to talk to her. But he didn't have to go far. She was standing at the entryway to the terrace looking at him.

"Sonia"?

"Rehan..." said Sonia. She stopped and closed her eyes, but she had to continue this. There was no hiding from it. "She's the one isn't she?"

"The one?" said Rehan confused.

"You told me once that you had only truly been in love once. But that you lost her. You were talking about Seher weren't you?"

"Yes" said Rehan. There was no point pretending to Sonia that she was not right. "Sonia...I was going to tell you. I was coming to find you to tell you that..." Rehan trailed off, looking at Sonia.

"That you still love her? I know. I can see it Rehan".

"Sonia...I'm so sorry. I really am. I didn't mean to hurt you...I..."

"I know that Rehan. But someone always gets hurt in such situations, and unfortunately this time it's me", said Sonia with an ironic laugh.

"This is not fair to you. I know. But no matter how much I tried, I couldn't stop what I was feeling...My mind kept telling me to forget her, but I couldn't stop my heart from wanting the opposite".

"No matter what the mind says, the heart wants what the heart wants Rehan. There is nothing you can do about it. Kambaqat yeh dil, kisi ki nahin suntha!"

"I'm sorry Sonia" said Rehan with genuine regret. "I really wanted this to work, and I thought maybe if I tried harder, it will. But after seeing Seher again, it was clear to me that I am not over her. So it's not fair to you to give you any further expectations".

"I'm sorry too Rehan. Because you're a great guy, and I wanted this to work too. Now I know, why you always seem to hold back from me! At least I know it's not me. No matter how much I try, I can never be her. So it's time to concede defeat".

"Can you forgive me Sonia?"

"There's nothing to forgive. You didn't do this on purpose. We started as friends Rehan. We can stay that way!"

"You're a very nice girl Sonia, and I know...I pray, that you find someone who deserves you!"

"And I pray, you get the love you deserve Rehan. In fact, I am sure you will, because, she feels the same way too!"

"I'm not totally sure of that..." Rehan started to say, but Sonia interjected.

"I am. I know what I saw, and this is not a one sided feeling Rehan. Tell her. Don't lose this chance".

"I will. Thank you Sonia", said Rehan smiling at her. Sonia smiled too. They were both sad. The ending of a relationship was always sad, even if the writing was on the wall. Rehan moved forward and so did Sonia. They hugged. They both had tears in their eyes.

"My flight is tomorrow afternoon", said Sonia softly.

"We will spend the morning in the city. I will take you out for breakfast and then some sightseeing" said Rehan.

"That's not necessary Rehan!"

"Yes it is. It's the least I can do. I know I have not been the best company for the past day".

"You don't have to do all this out of guilt. I told you, I understand..."

"It's not guilt. It's called being a good friend!" said Rehan smiling. "I hope we always stay friends Sonia".

"Always" said Sonia, as they hugged again.

Seher had decided that she needed to think. She needed to clear the muddle in her head and confront her feelings. She needed to think of her next step. The best place she knew of when she wanted to be completely alone was the terrace. She always loved it there and she liked the feeling of being close to her parents as well. She walked to the terrace and just as she was about to enter the rooftop balcony, what she saw made her stop in her tracks. It seemed that someone else had beaten her to it. On the balcony was Rehan. But he was not alone. With him was Sonia, and they were hugging. They seemed to be talking in hushed whispers as well. The scene looked romantic. Hugging in the moonlight. Seher remained rooted to the spot for a few second, unable to move. She was shocked to witness this after what had happened during the dance. Was Rehan trying to reinforce that whatever that was between them during the dance meant nothing, by getting close to his girlfriend? That is what it looked like from where she was standing.

Seher clamped a hand over her mouth as she tried to not make a sound as she felt tears sting her eyes. So much for her thinking that she should give her feelings for Rehan another chance? Here he was, romancing with his girlfriend moments after sharing an intense moment with her. During that dance, she had been certain that Rehan's eyes were conveying a message to her? A message that said that his feelings were anything but indifferent towards her. The same message she had read in his eyes in Bhojpur Hill. But just as she had thought before, looks can be deceptive. It seems that he had no intention of revisiting their once lost feelings for each other. Seher took steps back from the terrace quietly, so as not to alert them to her presence. After taking a few steps back, she turned on her heel and left the place as soon as she could. She herself didn't realise for a few minutes that tears were streaming down her eyes. She felt something cold fall on her top and realised it was her tears. She quickly wiped her eyes. This was not the time for tears. It was time for action.

Seher walked into the Hall in a daze. She went looking for Zain. She saw him standing near the pool checking his phone. The others were still in the lounge area watching TV. She walked up to Zain and put her hand on his shoulder. He turned around and looked at her.

"My answer is Yes Zain".

"Yes"? Said Zain confused.

"Yes. I WLL marry you!"

Zain stared at her for a moment. "Are you serious Seher?" he asked.

"Yes" she nodded.

Zain laughed and came forward and hugged her. Seher fought back tears as she hugged him back.

The Next Day

Rehan and Sonia left fairly early the next morning. Sonia said goodbye to Sanam and Aahil who were already downstairs. Everyone else had still not come down for breakfast. Rehan told them that he is taking Sonia sightseeing and then will drive her to the airport after they have lunch. Sonia thanked them for their hospitality and Sanam asked her to visit anytime. At that comment both Rehan and Sonia looked at each other. Rehan was obviously not going to discuss the fact that they have broken up with Sanam and Aahil at this time. He will tell them in due course. Sonia and Rehan left the house. As she watched them go, Sanam sensed a vibe between Rehan and Sonia, that had not been present the last two days. There seemed to be a certain calm understanding between them? "Wonder what happened"? She speculated. Whatever it was, Sanam had not been lost to the vibe she had seen between Seher and Rehan last night, when Seher was dancing with Zain. She and Aahil had both noticed the scene on Bhojpur Hill. Both she and Aahil had spoken to Seher before regarding her unfinished business with Rehan. Aahil had spoken to Rehan as well. But if the two of them refused to discuss it, then what more can they do? No matter how much they denied it, the truth cannot be changed. Sanam hoped that they would wake up to reality before someone got hurt.  

Seher came down for breakfast accompanied by Zain about half an hour after Rehan and Sonia had left. Sanam noticed that Seher had a determined look on her face, and Zain looked happier than she had seen him this entire trip, if that was possible? He was always very upbeat anyway. Seher approached the table and looked pointedly at Sanam and Aahil.

"Api, Jeej, Zain and I have something to tell you both".

"Yes?" said Sanam, looking at Seher and Zain, and then giving a glance at Aahil.

"This is pretty big, so there is no point in beating about the bush, I will just come out and say it!"

"What is it Seher?" asked Aahil with a slight frown.

"Api, Jeej...Zain and I are getting married!"

"WHAT?" said both Aahil and Sanam in unison. Right after saying this they both looked at each other with shock. Then looked at Seher and Zain.

"That is not quite the reaction I was hoping for Api!" said Seher.

"Well this is a bit out of the blue isn't it Seher? We don't quite know how to react?" said Aahil. Sanam was just looking at Seher intently.

"Mubarak ho Behena!" said Sanam. "Aur aapko bhi Zain, Congratulations!", she said giving Zain a small smile. 

Sanam was struggling to come to terms with what she just heard. She was trying to act happy, but she knew this was a mistake. Aahil looked at Sanam and knew that she was disturbed and upset. But he didn't want Seher, and especially Zain, to get the wrong impression. So he quickly stood up and moved towards Zain. He shook his hand, and then turned to Seher and hugged her.

"I hope you know what your doing Sali Sahiba", he said in a low tone to Seher.

"Yes Jeej", she also whispered back to him.

"Be Happy. Always", he said sincerely. He only ever wished for the best for this girl, his sister in law, who was outspoken and sometimes a bit out there, but a very genuine person nonetheless. In the past few years, he had come to love her just like a sister, and he wanted her to be happy. Sanam too stood up and went over to both Seher and Zain and hugged them each in turn, wishing them.

Seher and Zain told them not to tell anyone else about this yet, as Seher needed to tell Badi Ammi herself, and Zain's parents were in the States for a family wedding this week, and Zain wanted to also tell them in person, before announcing it to anyone else. Therefore, neither intended for the other cousins to find out before they left today. Zain and Ishaan were staying a few more days, as they had to attend a meeting in Mumbai before leaving for Dubai again. They had decided that they would tell Ishaan after Seher spoke to her Badi Ammi. They could trust him to keep quite till Zain spoke to his parents.

Soon the others started to make their way down for breakfast and the topic was closed until further notice. After breakfast, Sanam wanted to get Seher alone to talk to her. However, she didn't want to make it obvious to Zain that she was not happy with the news she had received. So she wanted to be as discreet as possible. Aisha and Zia had already gone to the city to make some last minute purchases before their flight that night. She quickly texted Aahil that she wanted to talk to Seher alone, and to see if he can distract the boys with some video game? He texted her back that he will.

Aahil suggested to the boys that they play a game on his PS3 for a while, since the boys were leaving tonight? Seher too was turning to go towards the informal sitting area to join them, when Sanam called out to her.

"Seher, can you help me take some of this stuff back to the kitchen? No Latiff today. He had to go out to meet his aunt!"

"Sure. Sorry Api". She said contritely, quickly coming forward and taking the plates off Sanam. They walked back to the kitchen together, and put the things down. Sanam then looked and Seher and asked her to come with her. Seher frowned and followed her outside to the chairs in the lawn. Sanam knew no one could hear them there.

"Seher? Yeh sab kya hain? This sudden engagement? What's going on?"

"Why should anything be going on Api? Anyway, it's not sudden. Zain asked me days ago, and finally I realised I had no reason to say No!"

"No reason to say No, or suddenly found a reason to say yes?"

"WHY are you interrogating me like this Api? Yeh apko ho kya gaya hain? I always thought you wanted me to settle down? I thought you would be happy that I'm getting married?"

"Yes I want you to settle down. But that dosent mean I can be happy when I know this is a mistake?"

"Why is it a mistake? Zain is a great guy, and we have so much in common. I thought you liked him?"

"Yes I like him!"

"Then why are you not happy?"

"Main kayse kush ho sakti hu Seher? Nikah tum Zain se Kar rahi ho, lekin mohobaat kisi aur sain?" said Sanam looking at Seher squarely.

"Please Api...not this again?" said Seher looking away.

"How can I ignore it Seher? No matter how much you deny it, I know what I saw yesterday? You were dancing with Zain, but your eyes were with Rehan? Do you think I'm blind?"

"There is no point in discussing this Api. Rehan and I are finished. Over. It can never happen. I am moving on. Trying to be mature about it! WHY can't you let me?" Seher said angrily.

Sanam heard the anger in her voice, but she also saw the pain in her eyes, and she just could not say anymore. Her sister was hurting and it pained her. But it seemed like Seher had made up her mind to move on from Rehan? She and Aahil had both tried, but she was determined.

"Fine Seher. As long as you are sure you're doing the right thing. I just want you to be happy. That's all! Also, I think Zain is a great guy!" Sanam said as she took  Seher's hand in hers.

"He is Api, and I am sure he will keep me happy! He is my best friend after all!" Seher said as she squeezed Sanam's hand. They smiled at each other for a minute and Seher quickly stood up and made her way back into the house.

"Ha Seher, woh tumhari dost hain...lekin mohobaat nahin" she said, sighing, her eyes sad, as she watched Seher walk away.

To be continued...

* Lyrics derived from the song "Dil Kyon Yeh Mera" - Movie : "Kites" (2010)

Hi All,

Here is the update as promised. I will be looking to move things along a lot more next update. Hope you guys like it. Happy Diwali to all of you who celebrate!

Thanks

Mandy

Previous part  Part 9                  Next Part -   Part 11

Edited by MrDarcyfan - 9 years ago
M firs agin and Mandy thanksss a Lott
This is surprise 

Res for update
😭 Once again MU sehar said yes To rehan 
Here rehan is hoping to talk to sehar 
When sehar wanted to give him a chance she saw something and perceived something different these MU are hurting badly 

I am sure now rehan will back off knowing she said yes to zain 

Gosh this helplessness 
I guess people can never overcome their first love and even their name or mention about them brigs up all memories back and here they are facing each other and trying to be normal/ civil that must be really hard when you know you still feel for the person😭
Poor sehan and their wrong timings and all MU 

Dil kyu yeh mera is one of ka fav song and I loved it here and I could feel that eye lock and gaze 

Totally loved the update thanks for updating 

As always will be waiting for next update 

Ps I am not from laptop so unres I find that hard so I made separate post. 
MrDarcyfan thumbnail

Originally posted by: snehalovegurti

😭 Once again MU sehar said yes To rehan 

Here rehan is hoping to talk to sehar 
When sehar wanted to give him a chance she saw something and perceived something different these MU are hurting badly 

I am sure now rehan will back off knowing she said yes to zain 

Gosh this helplessness 
I guess people can never overcome their first love and even their name or mention about them brigs up all memories back and here they are facing each other and trying to be normal/ civil that must be really hard when you know you still feel for the person😭
Poor sehan and their wrong timings and all MU 

Dil kyu yeh mera is one of ka fav song and I loved it here and I could feel that eye lock and gaze 

Totally loved the update thanks for updating 

As always will be waiting for next update 

Ps I am not from laptop so unres I find that hard so I made separate post. 

Actually I don't believe that our first love is always our true love. But sometimes it is. In the case of Rehan, his first love was Sanam, but his true love turned out to be Seher. In Seher's case, Rehan was the first guy she ever trusted truly and let her guard down with. What she felt for him was intense, and she had to forget him when the truth came out. She had to give him up. So she never got over him. Same goes for Rehan too. He was forced to give up Seher because of his Mother's truth and all the misunderstandings that happened because of it.

If Seher had been able to get over Rehan, she could have been happy with Zain. They have a lot in common. But sometimes, that is not enough. Rehan was trying to face his truth. So he broke up with Sonia. But Seher is yet to face hers. But that is the only way they can be happy.

Edited by MrDarcyfan - 9 years ago
kals82 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Seher is her dad,...
Take hasty decision... And then regret...

Poor. Rehan..

Awesome update