Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Disenchanted- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: seeta_naips

Ah so Kakisa is defending Rudra and Paro now

Kakisa understands Rudra too well, being cut from the same cloth. As for Paro, she just wants the girl back in his life.
-Disenchanted- thumbnail

Originally posted by: KhushiParo

<font color="#cc0000" size="2" face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif">Hi Rithu,</font>

<font color="#cc0000" size="2" face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif">nice update. A chapter dedicated to Sumer wow! I liked his character growth. Now totally in defending mood for Rudra and family. It's nice he's independent now and trying his best to help BSD.</font>
<font color="#cc0000" size="2" face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif">Hmmm... what's in store for us next...😊</font>

Thank you. Sumer was always the guy who stood up for his family whether they were right or wrong. Only now he accepts Rudra as a part of it. I wanted him to be more than Mohini's lackey so gave him a life of his own and a purpose to help catch Tejawat. What's in store? What surprises will Rudra face when he returns, what has Paro been upto, when will Laila strike and Is Tejawat going to be caught soon.
-Disenchanted- thumbnail

Originally posted by: deepsel

<font size="2" color="#6600ff">Dear Rithu darling..</font>

<font size="2" color="#6600ff">
</font>
<font size="2" color="#6600ff">A whole update for my tractor wala dil Sumer..Ummah...Loved his growth and his belief on PARUD..really very happy to see this side of Sumer and Mohini..</font>
</font>
<font size="2" color="#6600ff">I am so happy you are giving importance to all side characters including Aman..I missed them unoriginal series..</font>
</font>
<font size="2" color="#6600ff">Hmm the letter is an interesting twist in the story..Let me see if my guess is correct😉</font>
</font>
<font size="2" color="#6600ff">Probably the only PARUD story , only update in this forum without PARUD or either one in it and still managed to hook us to it...so hats of to you for that👏</font>
</font>
<font size="2" color="#6600ff">Now eagerly waiting how the next chapter unveils😛</font>
</font>
<font size="2" color="#6600ff">Cheers🤗</font>

Thank you deeps. I liked most of characters created by ST. So tried to include all of them in the story. The ones which made less sense I ignored.
Sumer and Aman have a lot of potential, both brothers to Parud, who want them to be happy. I wanted Mohini on team Rudra, so taking her down that road where she sees Rudra as an individual and not Mala's son.
More on the article in the next part.
I had to keep Parud away as its a little hard to write about anything else while they are looking into each others sees reading each other's souls. I'm elated that I still managed to hold your attention.
Cheers
IISHAFS thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
chapter 30 is amazing  
-Disenchanted- thumbnail

Originally posted by: Shafoo

chapter 30 is amazing

Thank you. Amazing was not the adjective I expected for a Parudless chapter. I'm humbled.
Crazy410 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I love this new twist and complication.
Thanx for the pm
-Disenchanted- thumbnail

Originally posted by: Crazy410

I love this new twist and complication.

Thanx for the pm

Thank you. More twists and turns in the pipeline. Hope you will love them as well.
-Disenchanted- thumbnail
Chapter 31

General VK Singh was an unhappy man. The girl who filled his home with such joy had become a pale shadow of her former self. Her room no longer smelled like roses from the scent that came through the open window. She no longer spent hours sitting on the garden seat by the rose shrubs and worked on her embroidery. She no longer noticed the roses that filled the house which their maid knew she loved to see around herself. She never spent her mealtime caressing their soft petals smiling to herself. He had laughed when his wife told him why the girl was so fond of roses. Most people saw Rudra as a fire not a delicate rose, a fire that protects, a fire that destroys but not a fire that warms the heart, atleast not yet. He had a long way to go before he learnt to cherish life and not just save it, to embrace relationships and not just acknowledge it. He had to understand that it was ok to fall in love with a beautiful woman and let her love lift him up. He knew the boy was crazy in love in his niece, his most recent actions were proof of that. But he needed to know if she was truly in love with him or had she bonded with him to the point that she is ready to rebuild her world around him and cannot see a life for herself where he is not the center of. He remembered how she had called him a Jallad and had asked to have him removed from her sight. It had a taken Tejawat's truth to come out before she saw him for the hero he is. And now she saw him as a life partner, but he wondered was it because she felt safe under his shielding presence or because she saw a friend and possibly a lover in him. The boy needed more than a loving partner in his bleak life.

A knock at the door interrupted his thoughts and he kept the file aside and opened the door. "Aman, what are you doing here so late?" he asked surprised to see the young man. "Please come in, is everything alright, should I get Paro?" he enquired concerned. Aman shook his head, he felt the general needed to know this before they decide what to tell Paro. He told the general how his sources had told him that Tejawat's men were in touch with the journalist, Mahesh to defame Rudra. He intercepted them and got the article Tejawat wanted published. He then showed it to the general who was disappointed with Rudra again. "See this is why I had forbidden you both from talking to the press. By seeking them out voluntarily, Rudra has exposed himself to judgement by the everyone" he told them angrily. Aman argued that the major only wanted to clear Paro's name and that's why he went to Mahesh. "Aman, I know Rudra had noble intentions, I have read the original interview. But at this point of time, we must focus on the mission and get hold of Tejawat rather than be distracted by a PR nightmare which is exactly what this will snowball into." Aman assured him that there wasn't any truth to the matter for it to become such a big deal. He had already verified with Sumer Ranavat and his parents. The general annoyed, he wanted his best men to focus on Tejawat's crimes and not how the gossip was affecting Paro. The girl was handling it with as much grace and sensibility she has been blessed with it. "Aman, I'll talk with the reporter and ask him to hold the articles till the mission is complete. He will cooperate if we promise him an exclusive. Can you please get back to the actual case?" he asked in a calm manner. Aman agreed and turned to leave. "Are you sure you don't want to meet Paro before leaving?" he asked gently. Aman admitted that he wanted to, but didn't want to get sent out of the state for mixing his personal and professional lives. The general didn't expect this response from Aman, he meant well, when he sent Rudra away. The major had started making decisions for Paro. He should let her decide how she handles Nandini's situation. It wasn't anyone else's business except Paro's. And from the way he tried to squash the rumours not bothering how it would affect his career as a BSD officer or the reputation of the BSD as a whole, it was evident, that Paro was a distraction to him. It wasn't a problem that he saw his life partner, the problem was that she wasn't helping him right now. Rudra was the cadet with most promise, whom the academy expected to go far in his career. He was the one who trained him and nurtured him so far. He wasn't ready to watch all that go in smoke because the man was besotted with his niece. They both made a lovely couple as his wife remarked at the party, the first time she saw them together. But until they brought out the best in each other, he didn't want them near each other. Both were too close to his heart. Unfortunately, Aman would not understand all this. He only knew that his sister and friend were pining for each other. "She misses you and would love to see you. Her face has lost its glow and her eyes no longer sparkle" he said concerned about his niece. Aman looked straight into his eyes and told him honestly, "She misses Rudra, he was the reason for the glow on her face and sparkle in her eyes. Sir, I know you want to watch out for her. But its not fair to punish him for loving her when you and I love her in our own way. Is it so terrible that he sees her as his bride?" The older man sighed and replied that his friend would be back in a couple of days and he will continue to work on the Tejawat case as his senior partner.

Geethanjali overheard the last part of the conversation coming down the stairs and was confused. If everyone could see that Rudra was in love with Paro, why did she take such a step. "Geethu, can you put this folder on my desk. I'm tired and going to bed early" her husband told her, handing over a file. She gave him a soft smile and wished him good night. She then made her way to his den wondering if the space they had created between the lovely couple was tearing them apart. She bumped into a chair and the folder slipped out of her hand scattering the pages within. She quickly glanced through the pages and arranged them in order, when one sentence caught her eye.

I would have provided her every physical comfort, unconditional love, unflinching support and eternal commitment. Her life would be filled every joy she dreamed of, everything she wished and hoped for. You see, though I am not a religious man, I do believe in keeping my promises.

That was almost sweet, she thought to herself and settled down to read the rest of the article.

She couldn't believe what she read. She read it again and then again. This was what he wanted for Rudra. It was an interview which was mostly about the baraat massacre. But some of the things stood out to her.

What was the hardest part of the case?
The hardest part of this was to win over Paro's trust. Being raised in Birpur, the BSD were the enemy. She saw me shoot her husband yet she stood tall. Threats to her life and those of her loved ones didn't daunt her. She was firm in her beliefs and in Tejawat's teachings until he himself admitted the truth to her. No amount of explanations or pleading helped to change her stand. She was possibly the most loyal supporter that Tejawat had, even though she was completely unaware of his dealings.

Do you regret the mission after the way it seems to have affected you personally?
No, it gave me an opportunity to meet and protect an admirable woman who had a heart of gold and a spine of steel whose honest soul was her greatest strength and resilience was her best weapon.

There are several rumours that unsavoury and unethical tactics were used when she lived with your family?

That's not true. Though our methods were unorthodox, her rights as a human being and her dignity as a woman were protected to the fullest. It was not reasonable to keep a young woman in a holding cell for more than a few days that's why I took her to my home where she would be comfortable yet safe while I proceed with the investigation. Her death had to be faked to keep Tejawat's men away. Her true story had to be hidden from my family for their safety. When questioned about my relationship with her, my father lied that she was my fiance. Since then she has been treated as family and showered with all the love that a new bride would receive from her in-laws. The only problem she would have had is going through with wedding rituals when she considered herself to be someone else's bride. But I couldn't help with that, as admitting the act would lead her out of the Haveli where she was far from Tejawat's reach.

And the most important question of all, the one which made her read the entire article repeatedly,

Would you have gone through with the wedding? What would have happened after the ceremony?

Yes, I wouldn't have had much of a choice. But as for what happens afterwards, I would have provided her every physical comfort, unconditional love, unflinching support and eternal commitment. Her life would be filled every joy she dreamed of, everything she wished and hoped for. You see, though I am not a religious man, I do believe in keeping my promises. You see, Paro is a remarkable girl whose only fault is that she was misguided by Tejawat like all of Birpur. Though I was not in love with her, I know she is exactly the kind of person my father would want me to settle down with. Why else would he pronounce her as his future daughter-in-law so easily.
As for me, I would have provided her every physical comfort, unconditional love, unflinching support and eternal commitment. Her life would be filled every joy she dreamed of, everything she wished and hoped for. You see, though I am not a religious man, I do believe in keeping my promises.

Geethanjali didn't know what to think, she knew Rudra will get in trouble for this. He had implied that the BSD couldn't protect a female witness. He had prejudged Tejawat as a villain before the investigation was over and the courts convicted him. The words, was not in love with her, shows that his motivation was to give Paro her life back rather than make sure justice was served to the crime syndicate responsible for the arms dealing. No wonder her husband sent the young man away. She wondered how much Paro knew. From the way Aman left without meeting his sister, she guessed nothing. The girl would be heartbroken if Rudra ends up suspended for this interview which was probably not authorized by the BSD. But something else was going on with her. Something that was making her go away from the young man who was ready to place the world at his feet. She never got any answers earlier in the day when she asked her reason behind the decision that would change her life. And Geethanjali could see that her niece wasn't happy with it either. So why was she choosing to be the next woman who would walk out on Rudra Pratap Ranavat?

custodian75 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
I am first👍🏼  
Lovely update. Though Rudr gave that interview to clear Paro's name, it has got him into trouble. Both are unhappy away from each other. I think the reason Paro has lost her spark is because she is not able to do anything for her jija. She wants to talk to her, find out if she is happy if not then to save her. 
Edited by custodian75 - 9 years ago
kulfi89 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
nice update😊... but still no parud... 🤢... But the stand of the other characters abu parud was well written everybody has their own point to make... waiting for the next update... nd hoping it will be filled with parud😉