Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

aishwish thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

Chapter 9

Okay I got it, why dutta is always irritated with nakusha...she is the only one who has witnessed his terrorized side, and he is probably embarrassed😆.  No seriously, it's getting tougher day by day, or shall I say night by night😉. I understand that he doesn't wish to share his past with her or rather shall I say you don't wish to share it with us😡...but at least he can say that look  I know it's weird for you, but don't worry I'm normal😆. Or else she is bound to form stupid assumptions like sahab vampire hain or worst sahab paagal hain.🤣 But, one good thing that came out of it is (I guess ) that nakusha don't have to think  her scar as a reason of no "ahem ahem" between them. Now she should realize that his husband wish to do dhishum dhishum instead of ahem ahem at night.😆

Aah!! My favorite scene of this update na na entire ff...prannath  avoiding chudail...aah!! rosie thand pai gayi kaleje witch (no pun intended😆) .Lolzzz...dutta is so much done with her lectures, ek lecture mein ye haal hain, abhi toh pura syllabus baaki hai😆. But he is right, she and her food, I guess she takes the phrase" man's heart through stomach" way too seriously, but I quite liked the opening scene, I know it's no where mentioned and I'm over thinking but still I could feel that some where in all his sighing and ignoring, there was a affirmation as well. The best thing was how he thinks that she is not a guest...toh hai kya gadhe..annay ki mami?😛

Annay is absolute pleasure. I wonder how come kids in stories and movies are always pleasant when in reality its absolute opposite. More than the words I adore the gestures and its language that transpire between them. Well he is again being what he has always been gadha...no body is doubting that whatever he does for annay is good enough or not, it's just that  as a child grows, the way he is taken care needs modification. I so identify a over possessive dutta- annay relationship. All  that he needs to realize is, annay needs a running stream and not a stagnant pond.

Lolzzz I'm glad his gaze fell on the milk kept on side table...had it been nakusha coming with  milk , imagine his reactions.😉😆

OMG...rosie!!! Aisa kya kiya hai dutta ney?😲 Don't make him look bad yaar!😒 You are heightening my curiosity. And I can see you are so relishing it😡...but I'm not😡. Aur kitna suspense?😒 That's not done! Raaz kya kai us cottage kya, does it belong to the girl that left him, and why did she left him, and he blames himself . so many question and no answers...just a stupid grin on your face.😡 The bleeding wala scene was nice!😳

Sometimes I wonder, his hatred for moore has anything to do with the land? He is so concerned with  moore leeching nakusha...and I always really look forward to such scenes. Okay so he is accompanying annay to the picnic...this so similar to my life's story.😆

The picnic sequence was the best part.⭐️👏

Nakusha still have questions about her status quo. This is so good...her self esteem is always held high, she doesn't wish to simply enjoy her new found status courtesy  dutta rather she expects respect for herself as an individual, earned by her. It's very sad, but society is like that only cruel and shallow. Main fault is of roopa I always feel that society treats you in the same way your family does. If your family isn't concerned about you the society hardly does until and unless you achieve something that's pricey in the eyes of society. Once again...uncle nephew duo were heart warming. Mono syllabic utterances but gestures says it all❤️. The trust, the faith that annay has for his uncle is no doubt heart warming but  the confidence that dutta gets in presence of annay that no matter what he wouldn't let it go this time is heart touching. For a change nakusha getting worried for annay's safety was nice.

DSP uncle apne saath apne nephew aur niece dono ko laaye hain. Uncle's nephew plays with swings while his niece is much into paper craft😆. No on a serious note that was damn cute, but dutta with his "makkhi maarne ki aarzoo" stole the cake. But, but, but nakusha  wondering, what kind of an answer is it was the cherry on the cake.🤣 And just when I thought that aanay ke maamu bade ho gaye hain...he proved me wrong, by actually taking nakusha's challenge seriously😆.

On a serious note I absolutely loved loved loved this whole sequence. It had everrthing a little childishness , a little maturity when dutta wonders about nakusha, who is slwing brewing up with his life, lightness, fun everything.

End note was again perfect  back to back sixes...but I liked the last one more, but this was great as well, in fact in many ways superior to the former, but still my inclination is towards the previous one.😳

Slowly nakusha is pushing annay to a more healthy way, and annay is as well, revoking the long lost shattered and abused child in nakusha. The candy floss scene was super good...and finally he is acknowledging her!!

Waiting for the next (I guess it's on the way)❤️...not at all looking forward to roopa, even imagining you in her doesn't help.😒

Special mention

Kala going on amaranth yatra. The more I think about kala on a pilgrimage the more my stomach aches.🤣

stranger2rose thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

thanks once again mimi for another beautiful siggie , what would i do without you 😊

Chapter 10

The view of the vast grass bathed in dew drops pleased nakusha's eyes. In the early morning nature seemed so fresh and alive. The wind was gentle, quietly moving the leaves along with it. As she threw the grains to feed the pigeons, their light twittering sound made the morning all the more peaceful. There was calmness and serenity in her whole being. After a very long time she felt relaxed and content with the way things were moving around her.

And this welcomed and much needed change came after they returned from that outing in the evening. It had been more than two weeks but all the happenings were still so fresh in her mind. She couldn't forget the joy on annay's face when he played with the other children and of course the slight hesitation in dutta's eyes in accepting that he had given in to her wish. Undoubtedly he would never accept that he changed his mind because of her but even this subtle variation in his attitude was more than satisfying for her. He didn't fully comply with her suggestion, instead came up with a solution that would suit both him and annay. She smiled inwardly. He knew exactly how to get what he wanted.

She glanced down at annay, who was filling the clay pot with water for the pigeons. He was the only one who never snubbed her, on the contrary accepted her in his life with genuine warmth and happiness. She was lost and lonely when she came in this house. However now she was slowly finding her feet. From a nobody she was turning into a somebody. The pigeons ceased to see her as a threat or a stranger. They didn't flap their wings to fly away instead came up to her when she fed them. Annay was right, with time they would change. And these innocent birds were not the only ones changing, even she was. Now when the servants addressed her as vaheni' it didn't feel odd and not just that now they even approached her for matters related to household chores. The new position and status rattled her a lot less. The house was beginning to transform into her home. And she liked it.

Lowering her gaze, she thought of dutta and unknowingly her lips stretched slightly. His presence no longer intimidated her. True, he was still reserved, unapproachable and well guarded, she could still not look into his eyes and speak her mind as he continued to run hot and called with her, sometimes he would be fine while other time he would be...stiff. Perhaps it was just part of his personality but there were occasions when she saw him smiling with annay. She shrugged her shoulders, maybe not much had changed between them but still she believed that somewhere the awkwardness in their relationship was evaporating. Although there were issues between them that remain unresolved for instance, in these two weeks she failed to convince him to allow annay to go to school or even play out, his opinions and decisions regarding annay were like hard and firm rocks that refused to move but still there was some solace that she could draw from this situation. Which was that now he didn't cut her off the moment she opened her mouth to speak. Instead he listened to her...silently, thought over her words and then obviously did what he believed was right. Thankfully now her point of view at least succeeded in leaving some impact on him.

Besides all this, he didn't get mad when she waited for him for dinners, although they continued to share most of their meals in absolute silence but even in that silence there was peace that soothed her heart, the absence of sound wasn't disconcerting. And most importantly, the nights weren't stressful for both of them. No more nightmares for him and no more ugly memories haunting her. Perhaps with the passage of time they both were learning to deal with their pasts and somehow starting to accept what life had offered them.

" maami hum rangoli kab banayenge?" peering up, annay asked with his hands resting on his waist. Sometimes he truly reminded her of dutta.

" itni jaldi kya hai ? banalenge...pehle tum aaj ki apni padaai khatam karo." It was the last day of the year and she had thought of welcoming the new year by decorating the home and doing a small puja the next morning. Annay ran inside to finish the work assigned to him by his teacher but not before frowning and pouting at nakusha. She simply smiled back at him.

A new year, a new start and somewhere in her heart she hoped and prayed that the coming year would mark the end of pain and sadness in their lives and bring in lots of joy and happiness in their small little world.

Nakusha after feeding the birds turned around to pick the washed clothes that were hanging on the rope for drying. She touched her pink colored sari, it was dry, she pulled it down from the rope and as it slid a gasp escaped her lips and her eyes turned wide.

" taayi ! tu ?" nakusha was astonished to find roopa stand before her. What was she doing here? Whereas roopa wasn't least surprised to see the shocked expression on nakusha's face. After all nakusha wasn't expecting her to show up and why would nakusha expect or even care to think about her when she was busy enjoying the luxuries that life had suddenly bestowed upon her. Someone who until few weeks back didn't have enough food to fill her stomach, was today throwing away grains to feed these birds for apparently no reason.

" kaisi hai?" roopa hid her displeasure and forced herself to add sweetness in her tone.

" main theekh hai." Nakusha replied hurriedly and frantically turned her neck to check if they were being watched or not. What if someone caught her with roopa when she was strictly ordered by him to leave PV forever.

The corners of roopa's eyes crinkled in displeasure, nakusha didn't even have the courtesy of asking in return how was she doing? Huh!

" tu toh humein bhool hi gayi." The accusing and taunting statement made nakusha look right into roopa's eyes. She hadn't forgotten her step sister. In fact she hadn't forgotten anything. Each and every day and night of the twenty years spent with her couldn't be erased from her mind so easily and quickly. Nakusha had never argued or voiced her thoughts before roopa, when she was a child, she was scared of her and by the time she grew old enough to give it right back to her sister, she had gotten pretty used to the physical and verbal abuse inflicted on her. It hurt but it didn't pain so much. And today when she was in a position to shut roopa's mouth still she preferred to keep her own mouth locked. Perhaps anything said or done wouldn't change the equation between them.

" taayi, tu yahan kya kar rahi hai?" nakusha avoided beating around the bush.

Fine, if nakusha wanted her to come straight to the point then she would. Letting out an audible sigh roopa replied," kuch paise chaiye the." Nakusha wrinkled her face in confusion, she was here for money? But dutta had already paid her enough.

Roopa tilted her head slightly and shamelessly cleared the doubt running in nakusha's mind.

" pehle ke paise khatam ho gaye."

" khatam ho gaye? Itni jaldi ? par kaise?" she couldn't believe that within less than a month roopa had spent all the money. Roopa dropped her head momentarily , her little sister was firing questions at her and she was not liking it. She raised her head and feigned innocence.

" tu toh janti hai ki inki dawaa daru par kitna paisa kharch ho jaata hai."

Nakusha pressed her lips and faintly nodded her head, she knew where the money had vanished. Her jobless brother in law was earlier only into gambling but off late he had not been keeping well as he started drinking as well. She shuddered at the thought.

" taayi, mere pass paise nahin hai." Nakusha replied calmly and honestly. There was a time when she handed over all that she earned after cultivating and selling the crop to her sister without uttering a word but now she wasn't working, hence had no money. In fact she didn't even have any savings otherwise she would have probably thought of helping her out.

Roopa shot her a bewildered look, was she kidding her? She was now dutta shriram patil's wife, the caretaker and practically the sole owner of pv and she was saying that she had no money? Did she really wish her to believe that? Roopa eyed her suspiciously and smirked while crossing her arms before her chest.

" saaf saaf bol de tu kuch dena nahin chahti..jhooth kyun kehti hai?" she wanted to be sweet and nice to her but unfortunately it wasn't working. Nakusha immediately shook her head and answered," nahin tayi..aisi koi baat nahin hai." For years she had been defending herself, it had become her habit and today when she was no longer answerable to her still she found herself doing just the same. Roopa's lips spread in a sly smile as she stared at the gold chain dangling around nakusha's neck and asked," tu sach keh rahi hai?"

Nakusha followed her gaze and at once clutched the gold chain, it wasn't an ordinary piece of ornament, it was her mangalsutra, it was given to her by her husband, she couldn't think of giving it away. And if roopa thought that she would help her out with her husband's hard earned money then she was... wrong. Very wrong. Dutta had already helped her enough and now she wouldn't splurge his money on her. Nakusha opened her mouth to make it clear when she was called out from behind.

" vaheni."

She hurriedly shoved roopa behind the hanging clothes and said," taayi , tu ja yahaan se." then turned around and found laxmi coming out of the house. She hoped roopa would escape before being spotted by anybody. Laxmi narrowed her eyes, nakusha seemed flustered but why? However nakusha attempted hard to calm down her nerves.

" apko bhau uppar bula rahe hain." Informed laxmi.

Nakusha  nodded her head, didn't say anything and remained rooted to her spot.  Laxmi shot her a strange look, What was wrong with this woman, why was she still standing here instead of leaving? Anyway, she didn't have time to deal with all this early in the morning, she had other chores to do. With that she turned on her heel.

" kahan jaa rahe ho?" nakusha panicked on seeing laxmi move toward the hanging clothes.

" sookhe kapde utaarne." Laxmi replied and thought wasn't it pretty obvious? What a silly question had she asked? Nakusha indeed looked like a fool as she added further," par kapde abhi geele hain."

Laxmi tried to maintain her composure and pulled the sari slung over nakusha's shoulder, it was absolutely dry.

" bhau ko intezar karna pasand nahin hai." She reminded nakusha for her own well being. Nakusha gulped and left away slowly. Now everything was in bappa's hands. If she'd get caught then be it. Still while climbing up the stairs she couldn't help but wonder, what if he came to know that she was meeting roopa behind his back after he had explicitly ordered her to leave pv? He had fixed her alliance with suresh and after suresh died he had stepped in his shoes and married her primarily because he wanted to free her from the claws of roopa. And now if he saw or someone told him that she was still in touch with roopa then it would surely blow up his mind. What was she supposed to do now, tell him or remain silent in the hope that roopa wouldn't return again?

Dutta slammed the cupboard shut after taking out what he required. With the corner of his eye he saw nakusha standing at the door. He turned around and studied her. She fidgeted with the end of her sari while her eyes remained downcast, staring at the floor into oblivion. She was surely standing before him but her mind was elsewhere.

" kya hua?" his husky voice made her snap up her head.

" nahin..kuch nahin." She stammered with her words. Shewas fine, perfectly fine. His dark eyes held her gaze, trying to read her eyes. She averted her gaze and asked softly," aapne bulaya tha?". He nodded his head and walked up to her.

" yeh rakh." She glanced at his hand and found him giving her money. Her jaw dropped, had he seen her with roopa? She looked at him confusedly. What was happening?

" main chahta hoon aaj se tu ghar ka kharch sambhale."

She thought she heard him wrong, he wanted her to handle household finance but why? This sudden responsibility ruffled her even more. She had never dealt with money, it was always roopa who dealt with all this, she simply worked and handed over the money to her and moreover taking care of a huge house like PN wasn't child's play. There were so many things that needed attention, how would she do this? She curled her toes, moistened her dry lips and refused straight away. " nahin sahab, main nahin kar sakti yeh sab." He watched her intently. He was certain that she was capable of taking charge. She was honest, hardworking and sincere. He had observed and appreciated these traits in her even when they were not married. And all this didn't change after she came into this house. He often saw her running around to do the household chores herself and sometimes even getting the servants work properly. And seriously, he wasn't asking her to manage the finance of the country, it was just this house! Also it was high time that laxmi be relived of this duty and instead a family member took upon the responsibility.

Hey, wait a minute, did he just thought her of family?

Whatever he brushed the thought aside and freed one of her hands that were clutching the end of her sari. Her eyes shot up as he placed the bundle of notes on her palm. Without tearing his gaze away he spoke slowly," main janta hoon ki tu yeh kar sakti hai." Emphasizing on each and every word that came out of his mouth. She silently looked into his eyes. There was trust, faith and confidence in them for herself. Trust in her ability, faith that she wouldn't let him down and confidence that she could do it with ease. She slowly blinked her eyes. Here she was thinking that not much had changed between them. He didn't leave her hand and ushered her behind him. Pulling his cupboard door with the other hand he showed her the safe and placed its key oh her open palm that held the money.

" aur chaiye honge , toh is mein se nikal liyo..samjhi?

She shook her head in negation. He furrowed his brows in confusion, what was it that she didn't understand?

" sahab, main chaabi nahin sambhalegi." Now this was too much, he was giving her the key as well? This was a big responsibility and she didn't wish to take it.

Oh god, she was behaving like a stubborn child who needed to be explained and convinced for everything. He doubted he had the patience to put up with such kind of a behavior.

" agar mein ghar par na hoon aur paison ki zaroorat padi , toh kya karegi?"

" apka intezaar." She shrugged her shoulders and promptly replied. He glared hard at her, it wasn't tough but she was making it for no reason.

" nakusha, mujhe is baare mein behas nahin karni hai..tu neeche chal, mujhe aur bhi kaam hai." He hadn't raised his voice but definitely the tone had changed. She could see he was losing his cool hence decided to give up this argument. She used the key to open the safe, kept the money back and locked the safe.

He clenched his teeth and asked," tu yeh kya kar rahi hai?" he couldn't believe she was being so difficult with him. After closing the cupboard she turned and answered calmly," meri almari mein taala nahin hai, jab lag jayega toh main yeh paise nikal legi." She then tied the key at the end of her sari. So she was being careful, this further confirmed his belief that he had taken the right decision. Good. He nodded his head and strolled out. While coming down the stairs he saw laxmi passing by and called her out. Nakusha who was following him closely froze. Had laxmi seen roopa? The fear began to creep in. She gauged laxmi's expression to read her mind. Laxmi appeared unruffled and collected, as though nothing had happened. Nakusha, mentally thanked bappa. Dutta looked over his shoulder and informed nakusha that tomorrow being the new year, they would be distributing boxes of sweets among the people of PV, thus he wanted her to go to the market and order enough boxes of sweet and look into the necessary arrangements plus prepare salary envelopes of the employees of PN. Laxmi's eyes at once darted over nakusha, so now she would be paying her salary? The thought didn't appease her. Dutta found laxmi looking or should he say staring at nakusha.

"mausi, aap bhi iske saath bazaar chale jaana." Laxmi nodded and lowered her head. He turned around and peered up at nakusha," koi pareshani ho toh mausi se pooch liyo..theekh hai?" He now hoped , after knowing that laxmi was there to help her out, she'd feel much relaxed. Nakusha gave a faint smile and shook her head in agreement.

The moment dutta left for work, nakusha was all geared up to take on the new responsibility entrusted upon her. As a result she was all over the house instructing servants and cleaning every nook and corner along with them. Mentally preparing a list of items that would be needed for the morning puja. It was a simple task that didn't require elaborate arrangements so keeping it perfect was all the more important. For the first time he had trusted on her and she didn't wish to goof up and let him down. Keeping her hands on her waist she slowly took a full turn inspecting the entire hall area. This part of the house was done with. She glanced at the huge wall clock. It was way past noon and she had to visit the market to order sweet boxes.

" mausi , main paise lekar aayi, phir bazaar ho kar aate hain." Nakusha left to her room to get the money. Laxmi straightened herself from the crouched position and pressed her aching back.

" safai toh aisa kara rahi hai jaise kal diwali ho." She grimaced and threw aside the duster then properly adjusted her wrinkled sari. Moving a hand through her hair she fixed the jasmine garland. She was all ready.

While stepping out of the house nakusha noticed the basil plant at the entrance. It had dried up because of the cold. Tomorrow they would be requiring basil leaves for the puja hence this plant needed to be replaced moreover it wasn't auspicious to have a dried or dead basil plant at the entrance of a house.

" bhaiya , dekho mere ko ek naya tulsi ka paudha chaiye..jaldi." she told the guard standing at the gate before leaving for the market.

It took them more than two hours to select and order for the sweets along with making arrangements for a small tent in the courtyard. Nakusha exhaled in relief, the boxes would be delivered by evening and the tent house would also send his men within few a hours to make the tent. She was thinking whether she had forgotten anything or not when she a felt a small pair of arms wrapped around her waist. Annay glanced up at her and complained," aap subha se kya kar rahe ho?" looking down she smiled at him and ruffled his hair. He was right, the whole day she had been running around the house and not being able to give him any time.

" aapne kaha tha ki hum rangoli banayenge..kab banayenge?" he furrowed his brows and pouted at her. She slapped her forehead, making rangoli with him had completely slipped out of her mind. She opened her mouth to speak when a servant came up to her and said," vaheni , yeh tulsi ka paudha." She took the shrub from the servant and asked annay," tumne kabhi paudha lagaya hai?" he shook his head, no, he had never sowed any seeds or planted anything.

" chalo main dikhati hai." She held his tiny little hand and took him out to sow the plant. Annay stood on his toes and closely watched nakusha as she first pulled out the dead plant from its root then dug some mud and placed the new shrub in it. while tapping on the mud she told annay to get some water for the plant. Annay ran and came back with a long water pipe. Nakusha grinned at him, there was no need to pull the long pipe till there, even a glass of water would have been sufficient. But she didn't mention it to him instead took a step back and asked him to water the plant. She was still brushing off the mud from her hands when annay tip toed again to reach the plant. He carefully watered it then heard nakusha from behind," bas bas ho gaya." He twisted his lips in mischief and suddenly turned around aiming the pipe on nakusha.

" nahin..annay..." she shrieked while holding her hands out to block the water but it didn't help, within a minute she was fully drenched. She wanted to glare at him but when she saw him laughing out loud she couldn't even pretend that she was upset. He looked too cute to be scolded.

" badmaash." Was all that she could mutter before rushing to her room to change.

Her light lemon colored sari soaked and stuck to every curve of her body. She pulled the cupboard panel to retrieve another sari when all of a sudden the bedroom door barged open. She was so startled that she literally jumped out of her skin on seeing dutta come in. Her mouth dropped open stunned and her face lost all the color. What was he doing here? Why did he have to come back early and unannounced?

Like her even he was caught off guard. He was briskly striding in when he saw her and stopped. Hardly a few steps away from her he at once looked down in embarrassment and found her slowly curling and uncurling her toes. Unwillingly his gaze began to move up from her toes. The light colored sari was now quite transparent and sticking to her body like second skin. He clenched his jaws and muttered a curse under his breath.  Unknowingly he stepped closer to her. His eyes moved further up and he saw a drop of water travelling down her neck to her collar bone and then getting lost when it went further south. His direct and unwavering gaze continued to travel up and this time a drop let fell from her cheek only to land on her soft and delicate pink lips. She took a sharp intake of breath and quivered, oblivious to the reason behind her tremor, was it cold or his ...close proximity? As now just centimeters away, he was towering over her. She felt as though the walls were closing in around her. He had literally trapped her against the cupboard. She couldn't breathe and found herself nervously peering up at him. He had the most amazing eyes. She had no idea why she just thought that.

Moments later he was leaning over her. She didn't know what was coming but whatever it was, it drew her eyes shut...

Thanks for reading. 

Edited by stranger2rose - 9 years ago
tamanna1391 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
nice update dutta trusting nakku with everything roopa ko abhi aana tha hope nakku will not let roopa bother her or dutta
Edited by tamanna1391 - 9 years ago
uwith thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
hi rose
awesome ud...roopa need to be shown door...dutta given her responsiblity...money...hope she doesn't disappoint...ud soon
Nakusha thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Hi oxy rose

Loved the ud...will be back with comment

Nakusha thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
congrats oxy rose for striking 50👏
Edited by Nakusha - 9 years ago
Frosty_Moon thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
fab update rose... enjoyed...
tahera57 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Thanks for ud rose,

will comment baad maen

congrats  for reaching 50... I just came and read the ud in a hurry , page no notice hi nahin kiya.. .oops

thanks Nakusha for reminder
afi7861 thumbnail
Congratulations reaching on 50 
FASSBEN thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

HI rose

First of all congratulation on 50 pages. Now for the ud just loved It roops show up and asks nakku for money I don't think we will see the last of her. Dutta has finally got some trust In Nakku that he has now given her the  responsibility of the house and  money I hope she does not let him down. The last part was nice love to find out what he will do seeing Nakku like this. pls ud really soon

thank as always