Cartoon Network & AXN Animes

meryline thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Hi guys,

This might be an unusual request, but I'm totally stumped. I need some help figuring out when some of the anime shows aired on Cartoon Network India and AXN India channels for the first time. I'm writing up a summary of my life, but I lost my old journals to look back on. It'll really help me out as they are the ones that introduced me to the anime world that changed my life forever. I'm now an accomplished anime/manga artist with several commissioned artworks.

I would like to know when the following anime "first" aired on the respective channel years ago when I was younger, I'm in my late 20's now. I have rough idea when it might have aired because I longed it in my old journals, but I just need a confirmation so I can be totally sure!

AXN India.
  • Flame Of Recca & Grander Musashi: I have memory of both being aired back-to-back. (It might be around the year 1998-1999 I'm not really sure...). Please clarify.
  • Curious Play (Mysterious Play or Fushigi Yuugi): It may have aired around 1999-2001. Please clarify.
CARTOON NETWORK India:
  • Ninja Robots (Ninja Senshi Tobikage): Please clarify when the show first aired.
  • Speed Racer: Please clarify when the show first aired.
  • Pokemon: Please clarify when the show first aired.
  • Digimon: Please clarify when the show first aired.
  • Cardcaptors (Cardcaptor Sakura): Please clarify when the show first aired.
  • Dragon Ball Z: Please clarify when the show first aired.
ANIMAX India:
Although not very certain, I'm think these were 2003-2004+
  • Inyuasha: Please clarify when the show first aired.
  • Samurai X: Please clarify when the show first aired.
  • UFO Baby: Please clarify when the show first aired.
It would help me a lot if I could get the original air year, don't need the exact date. I'm not asking airdates of each episode, just the shows themselves. This would mean so much.

Thanks!
Edited by meryline - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
I don't know about AXN but for CN I don't know about Cardcaptor Sakura but I think may be Dragon Ball Z is the first anime in CN😕..but not sure..
meryline thumbnail

Originally posted by: deboleena.manna

I don't know about AXN but for CN I don't know about Cardcaptor Sakura but I think may be Dragon Ball Z is the first anime in CN😕..but not sure..

Actually I'm fairly sure it's either I think Ninja Robots or Speed Racer which were the first animes to air in Cartoon Network.

I'm looking to pin pointing rough year they aired. If Anyone can help, I'll greatly appreciate it!
Edited by meryline - 9 years ago
rohitpatel5 thumbnail
Firstly congratulations for chasing your dream and living it 👏  Now...coming to the question. Speed racer was definitely the first one to have aired from your list...I was in 4th std then (year 2000)...And the second one should be  Ninja Robots, was in 6th std IMO...Hope this helps 😊 Edited by rohitpatel5 - 9 years ago
No2Pencil thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Oh.. how can i forget about digimon -- that used to be my stress buster. I think it was aired in 2004 in India .. didn't see the whole digimon series but 1st one will always be my favt. 😳
SpringBreakers thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
I very well remember that Animax began around sometime in June or July of 2005. Clamp School was the first anime I saw!
UFO Baby may have aired around late 2005 or early 2006 on Animax! But I am still not sure!
No2Pencil thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: justlovetv

I very well remember that Animax began around sometime in June or July of 2005. Clamp School was the first anime I saw!

UFO Baby may have aired around late 2005 or early 2006 on Animax! But I am still not sure!

you're the 1st person who talked about UFO baby and i love that series ..no matter how over the top and cheesy it is ... its sooo cute and heart warming and spceially baby ru 😳
SpringBreakers thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: No2Pencil

you're the 1st person who talked about UFO baby and i love that series ..no matter how over the top and cheesy it is ... its sooo cute and heart warming and spceially baby ru 😳

Mee too! I loved that show as well! Baby Ru was adorable! It was no doubt cheesy, but it was really awesome!😃
Miyu would OTT at times and Kanata would constantly make fun of her also!😆