Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 10 years ago

. "Neechey aaja beti...Upar raja moti"...i loved and loved her on top of that fan in the police station with Manorama, my other luverrrly fave making eyes at her from below!!

my abs fave scene and dialogue from those days... geeta and jasbir also adored as the lovely janice, were two girls that made me feel so happy... to some extent bobby too, but those two a little ahead. and in sharmilee, somehow always felt a little bad for kamini... i was eleven... now you know my allergy to good girls... ha ha.

achha manorama's eyes and her eye liner πŸ˜†... oh she was the cutest.
indi52 thumbnail

Originally posted by: IssK.

Indispunsibhals IndicentiyaπŸ˜†,

Kahaan thii tum!! Maine tumhe kahaan kahaan nahin dhoonda...dammit tumhe kuchh ho jaata toh...❀️ πŸ˜† (And nahiiin you don't need to answer that! I had to say it. Bas.πŸ˜†) 

Achcha back to the typing board...

"Let's be free and fall to pieces" thrilled me the most while writing... I felt all 😎 πŸ˜†

So pleased you liked the edit (I need more images dammit!!)...

And "Deliverance" exists full time in my vocab courtesy a Paul McCartney song i used to be crazy about in the 90's..

Hope of deliverance, from the darkness that surrounds us :

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ykyXydXCXY[/YOUTUBE]
CREDIT: youtube

A song this, for that divine "dance on the bridge"...Hayye ladki, thanks!! πŸ˜Š

in pink, offhoho, i imagined a certain voice hurling those words at me... hands all set to grasp my shoulders and shake them with extreme violence... the only jarring note, my manorama like build. πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

i missed you too, but too many shyams and meetings and no mastani in this life.

i loving "let's be free and fall to pieces."

listening to hope of deliverance... how come i have never heard this before... isn't that his wife linda there? i remember band on the run... ok run to wiki πŸ˜³
IssK. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

. "Neechey aaja beti...Upar raja moti"...i loved and loved her on top of that fan in the police station with Manorama, my other luverrrly fave making eyes at her from below!!

my abs fave scene and dialogue from those days... geeta and jasbir also adored as the lovely janice, were two girls that made me feel so happy... to some extent bobby too, but those two a little ahead. and in sharmilee, somehow always felt a little bad for kamini... i was eleven... now you know my allergy to good girls... ha ha.

achha manorama's eyes and her eye liner πŸ˜†... oh she was the cutest.

Oh yeah, me too, always on the side of the bad girl. In the movies and in the life too. Befriended them, befuddled everybody, but i couldn't help it. A movie called Aaina by Yash Chopra, again in the 90's in all prob, left me seething cos they made out Amrita Singh, the older of two sisters chalk and cheese, to be evil because she was an ambitious young lady...and the younger sister, sweet to point of infantile, got the man who was initially interested in the older one but fell in actual lau with the younger. Anyway. I raved and ranted and raved and ranted... 

Jasbir...oh i loved her very much too. And i know what you mean about Kamini in sharmeeli...i saw on DD as a kid at some point and was most intrigued by a sexy song there...wasn't there one?...Kamini's intro or something? I later had a friend in school just like her...wavy hair, black band around neck, short skirts. Loved her streak.

And Manorama ijj too too fab, ladki. The eyes...ohho ho...Jauhar Mehmood in Hongkong...she was a riot...Eyeliner ho toh aisan, nandkissore!!

Humaari Khushi...very much the Geeta when we started out...and then before you know it, Sita happened...gooder than goods any.
Edited by IssK. - 10 years ago
IssK. thumbnail

Originally posted by: indi52

in pink, offhoho, i imagined a certain voice hurling those words at me... hands all set to grasp my shoulders and shake them with extreme violence... the only jarring note, my manorama like build. πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

i missed you too, but too many shyams and meetings and no mastani in this life.

i loving "let's be free and fall to pieces."

listening to hope of deliverance... how come i have never heard this before... isn't that his wife linda there? i remember band on the run... ok run to wiki πŸ˜³

I think it WAS Linda actually. Much after the Beetles split, of course.

Don't let them shyams deprive you of the mastanis in any way i say! I didn't realise some of the shyams i had in my life before i actually saw this slithery one in action...sugar coated and so manipulative...changed my perception of some of those around me.

Kamaal, the many levels on which this show has worked for me.

Edited by IssK. - 10 years ago
IssK. thumbnail

Originally posted by: ArshiHamesha

Wow ...IJ πŸ‘

This is amazing .I love this 

I could caress you till you burn
Graze your insides till you churn

Graze you, caress you till you churn and burn 
               tear you, gear you, till you find me in your run

He is not going to let her run away from him ,no matter what .If she is quiet Khamoshi , he will roar her inner walls till those shatter and each piece will say his name ,just his name that is ASR...but amazingly he wants the same .He wants her to tear him too but at the end tell him..."I am yours" just yours...

Thanks AJ, for liking, and for enhancing the rage and fury further. Above in red, Aarweniya said something similar as well..."hurt  her...hurt himself"...such a two way street this.

And him not letting her run away from himself is a wonderful, almost tantalising thought...wow.

I miss you!

πŸ€—
indi52 thumbnail
episode 249

shyam and khushi meet at the poolside and the scamming and scheming aspects of the show get going. i notice abhaas has gained a lot of weight and hair. his acting is more flat and loud, his music obvious. something tells me the makers are really worried about barun's impending time away. the first time i saw this episode, honestly the will and things just did not interest me by then, was exhausted by all the turmoil, completely unnecessary i felt then and even now, over the hero's decision to act in a film. too much information and for no reason... things happen when you do long term stuff, actors take breaks, manage it and get on with it... don't exhaust the audience...

khushi looks at him, a desperation in her eyes... she has been completely bludgeoned by the revelation of the "sach". her mind is really not in a good place... if someone did that to me... or something like this happened, would i be able to keep completely sane and do the smartest thing or even the sanest? perhaps not. and really if i think of her state in 100/101 when her babuji was unwell: a horror story out of nowhere, that one also brought about by this same man though she has no idea, she had lost it then too... she had yelled at arnav ji for paying. she had raved and then put her hand on her head and said, what am i doing... ultimately she had visited the real fear within her... i can't lose my father... not again... not a second time.

khushi and loss. where does this fear take her? here she fears she will lose him, her arnav ji. to fight and yell and shout at him is one thing, to hate him while he is with her is tolerable. to not know perhaps was better. for now she knows what he thinks of her... and a fear in her of losing the most precious one in her life maybe? if i look forward, it's the ankahi anjani soliloquy getting crystalised in her maybe. her heart sends her messages, her instincts know what she struggles with to acknowledge. but really she is not quite herself... baat aapki hai... she is at one level going to pieces. in that state this desperate act of depending on a known devil just might come about.

human, she is but only that. and a very bad decision she makes.

still, her head speaks to her, and she says, no..."chahe kagzat sahi bhi ho lekin hum unhen kissi bhi tarah ke dhoka nahin denge." she will not trick him in any way she avers. she is trying hard to remain sane while all goes crazy in her.

again, it was a brave attempt, but she had to buckle finally. on the bridge she had said, no, i won't tell you a thing if you have such a low opinion of me... but haalaat, circumstances... what a hold it has over us at times. in that case, it was her heart that needed to tell him... no no no, she wasn't the characterless harlot he thought she was.

this time too her heart will have its way.

the dori she was given and she will bring up poignantly... that makes us do things we wouldn't have if we were not tied to an idea, a feeling...

he sits at his laptop, a brown shirt accentuating his incredible brownness, the bali dance comes to mind. the re-telecast has just shown it. a congealed concentrated hurt and turbulent pain in him... his feelings and thoughts are always deep as the ocean...bottomless really, they all go and merge and flow at some immeasurable depth below the surface that is so brown.

years ago, i had learned the word, "dun coloured", while trying to read the hungry tide by amitava ghosh. i did not finish the book... looking at this picture i kept thinking of the delta waters, the tide and the colour dun, maybe that is a bit dull and dirty and this sharper but that uniform brown covering seemed to speak of something not at all flat or monochromatic that lies beneath...

if you think such ghatiya things about me, then you are not fit to be told anything really... he is thinking of her and nothing else, his eyes move recalling her words...

ekbar aap humse poochkar toh dekhte... you should have tried asking me once. 

how can he not think of her? how can he not be anguished by her hurt... no one asked him to take the thread and hold it, but he did that of his own accord when he felt her pain and wanted to be the one to alleviate it, comfort her, say, sab kuch theek ho jayga... again 100/101 echo. he had not been pushed by anything other than an inner thing, an emotion. but then isn't an emotion really more compelling than most things... he had put his hand on her head. there was a promise in it, unbeknownst to him his heart had already made a deal... the biggest deal of his life.

there was no walking away, no reneging. more than the word that is uttered or given, is the word the heart has felt... he will try to go away, to break the deal... but will he succeed?

thoughts cascade... she hates shyamji, his dhoka... but khushi ji ghar bahut suna suna sa lag raha tah aapke bina. that ingratiating sentence of shyams interrupts.

eyelids lift, a feeling thickens.

and the coffee bears the brunt of it... back one day, after hurting her unbearably, telling her koi matlab nahin hai... she means nothing to him, he had had a similar converstaion with a drink and a man servant..

arnav bhaiya, coffee?

nahin chahiye.

chai de doon?

maine kaha na nahin chahiye!

i always enjoyed his unpretentious way with servants, and had a feeling they appreciated it too. they knew whose bark was worse than his bite... and who was there if they needed anything... in a world of fake and empty performance appraisals and and then sweetly worded stabs in the back... where sacking is called separation, i like this not sugarcoated honest human interaction... this gets trust, loyalty and involvement in work, all of which are priceless if something of meaning is to be done.

nani and di and mami worry... what's with him. i feel happy though, it is good to see him back at home, in his natural space. with his bunch of women fretting caring loving... families are so much about getting into each others lives sometimes claustrophobically even, but maybe it's good to get a little asphyxiated and then yell, shout... a funny joy in it.

di classically is ready to get juice for him, all problems can be solved by eating and drinking, and since he is the westernised sort, what could be more calming than some juice, it does wonders. yes it does, of course, but really you must pour it into the shoes to get the full goodness of juice. in fact, assure you it is really good for the heart when you do that.

nahin di, mujhe kuch nahin chahiye, i'm fine.

okay i am lying dead now, where did he get that "foine" from, amrika, vilayat, where... it is lethal and should not have been allowed to clear customs.

so cute, his di and nani are unimpressed by the deadly accentiya, they want to know about chottey and the khatirdari at sasural...

manorama and bua ji settle for a skirmish over the phone... was there not enough fawning over the son in law? mami must find out, humre arnav bitwa after all... she of the killing accent herself? haan? serbhees naat okay? haan? very bads moods... he has come back with.

buaji does a neat backhand shot... "baccha log jab lambi chhuttiyan ke baad jab school wapas lautte hain na, toh thode din dukhi rahte hain." when kids return from long holidays they are a bit down for a few days.

asr apparently gets the pyaar in their adrak wali chai which his home kaaffee doesn't have.

while it sounded great, i couldn't agree. yeah, he is a bit of a loner, and people around often don't get him. but this is where he is himself, especially in his room. and i like to see him walk in with that distracetd air handing over his bag to op, knowing this is his castle, no one bugs him here, he doesn't need to smile and be nice.

a sister tries to understand why her brother and his wife don't look happy... iss rishtey mein toh aap hi ko thoda sabr rakhna hoga. she advises khushi that it is she who will have to be patient in this relationship. there bua was at asr telling him sanka devi's virtues, here di monitors the relationship her bro has with his wife. so terribly natural where i come from. and most irritating.

brown man comes, speaks only to di, ignores the girl he thinks of all the time, a button decides it is time to do something about it and falls... krishna i think... something is always playing and playful around here.

"dammit."

khushi picks up the button.

she did say that she had not taken the string, the dhaga, of her own volition... true. but it was she who picked up what would be sewn with the string.

that they met was perhaps not of her doing, fate/god/life call it what you will presented that. but to take it forward or not, that was her decision, not even his... chal khushi chal, go khushi go, she had admonished herself and run after him in the dargah, he in fact had walked away... episode 3, unforgettable scenes... strangely all these scenes have been playing in my mind...

and now instinctively the button she picks...

just as he has put a hand on her head... she has allowed the sindoor to touch it... coerced or not, her decision somewhere... once that is done and she is patni... and to use durga's word, premika, which she is even though she doesn't know it... she takes care of things, even when things fall apart.

that is the role she plays, she wants, she holds dear.

something about rotten sweets babli and bhabs and mr a... why was it necessary to strip payal of her payalness? okay, moving on...

"sirf ek button hi toota hai usske liye poori shirt change karne ki kyazaroori hai?" only a buttin is off, what's the need to change the whole shirt because of that, says anjali.

aur khushi ji hain na? and khushi is there, isn't she?

a tiny picture imprinted in the head, and the impact on a whole relationship, a little moment that destroys a lifetime... and yes, khushi ji is there... she will mend it.

he looks at her stricken almost. the look for the day was reminiscent of a classic time, 40s fifties, the faces looked more intense, the styling heightened it... his hair, her make up, colours. a time of more intense emotions maybe.

the sister for whom two lovers came closer and then clashed in a tempestuous storm, is here working to make sure the storm settles... not knowing her place in the eye of it.

a pair of eyes looked terribly sad and hurt.

another pair lifts its gaze, dun showing fury, hiding hurt.

a box full of dhaga is given to the girl, whose dori was snapped that made a tie the most carefully tied knot perhaps couldn't.

he stood helpless and maybe just wanting her approach... while his sister supervised. she walked to him.

she tucked a needle between her teeth, then resolutely held his shirt front ready to sew on the button. di left looking pleased.

as di left he looked up, a gaze full of consternation fixed on khushi's bent head till then...

they are together, and that somewhere is enough, a sense of two of them in each other lost is here, rabba vey trills in. i think of him standing by the poolside looking at her payal held aloft in his wondering hand. now she is almost pressed against the seena he doesn't have. some primal pure feelings, do they ever change.

the world keeps turning and new emotions emerge, take shape and touch and change things within... but that untouched thing i think remains. that's what reminds of their earlier days and later helps in resolving conflict...

it helps us too.

he let his eyes go blank... and held her hand stopping...

di has left... drama karne ki koi zaroorat nahin hai.

a silent murmuring look from a girl in a terrible quandary, almost a life and death situation...

he turns away, she hurts her hand on the needle...

where is the place for pretense anymore... he has put a hand on her head, a string has been tied in his heart... where is the struggle then.

khushi!!

and on that cry, comes back another one, outside by the pool, when he saw her blood on a glass...

all tied by a string neatly, from day one... a tale of an emotion... its journey through the bedard days of life... it's nishana never faltering...

sorry!!

where is the pretense, the anger the hatred...

not since the day he picked her out of a crumbling building, something elemental in it... could he return to don' care blithely.

she looks at him and he must look away though... only to lift his gaze again to her face, searching, searching for so long, ever since that terrace.

"hum drama nahin kar rahein..." i am not doing drama. lovely easy dialogue, life like... "dhaga hume zabardasti thamna pada... hamari marzi nahin thi..." i had to hold the string, didn't have my consent... sanaya's voice has planted it in my head and gut...

a wait, a beautiful moment as he listens intently, listening for something, and she looks up at him, and director sends in rabba vey... in every moment, in conflict or in hate, in disgust or in despair, in all things ugly too it was love and even death do not us part...

a mid shot, we can't breathe, this is just to allow us to, because now she will come back in with a heart stopping...

"lekin ab jo baandh diya hai toh..." but now that it is tied, then...

and a memory... he is holding her and telling her he has married her because he thinks she is having an affair, she has no character... he is holding her so tight, so rough..

he looks at her and stars get thrown and chucked.. they scatter on the floor.

a frame smashes on the road...

break break break...

but she can't.

he flings her away...

she steps closer... like a dance they move, one frame in the mind the other in reality... like that night of teri meri... writing the story of their lives

she comes in closer... to his heart.

kyun khwabon pe tere saayein hain...

and she picks another stitch...

kyun khamoshi hain zubaan meri ashkon se kah paaoo na...

it was all about these feelings really, which is why nothing else ever mattered... we didn't really need anything else...

sanaya's eyes told an epic today. they had been lying a bit dormant for a while, like a writer taking a break, or blocked... but a break is always good.

the eyes said so much, reading them will take a lifetime... or the kidnap time... to ponder to feel to let in and let nothing else matter.

yin and yang here.. shivshakti too... that eternal duality which wants to merge and become whole.

she sewed on, their faces inches from each other, did they look into each other's eyes... or did their gazes just miss each other's...?

a classic shot, her mouth on the thread, close to his chest, she pulled and cut the string... tying it even tighter. no doubt to some place beneath or between the aorta and the heart chambers...

he stood motionless. maybe not even breathing...

she wanted to talk to him... just for a moment... he ignored her, shrugging on his jacket. he left.

anjali came back and shyam joined them soon. di who is so good at gauging chhotey and khushi ji's every mood continued being curiously clueless in reading her husband's words. shyam's manipulation went on... a note of the hindi serial entered the frame.

but the beauty of what happened before was what mattered.

a little ipk style at the end... he looked tired and ddg in his meeting. she charged into his office wanting to tell him bahut zaroori things, but would she be able to tell him everything this time? alas. this is khushi... who runs to tell him all... just like he had gone to tell di everything that night.

asr is in his office, there has been a take over in london.. everything obviously has to be remodeled.

"i think we need new machinery.

what the!

this kind of behaviour is not acceptable..."

me giggling, i hate that not acceptable ridiculous phrase... who cares what is or isn't acceptable. lifewa just happens.

aarwen thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: sohara

Episode-247

"I married you, because I know you are having an affair with Shyam."

Arnav's disdainful words petrified khushi completely. All of the wounds are raw and still bleed and his heart finally opens the flood gates to let all the bottle up anger flow. He married her to protect his di's marriage from breaking. His hold on her arms gets harder in contempt. Khushi became completely decadent, what she should say against such strong and baseless allegation. Arnav was in quandary for so long, how she could do such things. With the crescendo of the intense music in the BG, the tension between them also ascends.

"Didn't you ever think of trapping that married guy who is son in law of Raizada family, the family who did so much for you."

Arnav's poignant words are piercing Khushi's heart like million needles.

"how dare you played with my sister's life? How could you?"  He again grabs hold of her upper arms vehemently. Khushi's eyes get redden with tears, she becomes languid with abysmal pain. Arnav can see the innocence in her eyes. But he is in denial, her tears what always make his heart spasm with pain, is not affecting him any more. He continues his volley of afflictive words with voice laden with contempt,

"I know the innocence in your face is just a show off. How much innocent you look from outside, that much."

He doesn't complete but blasphemes her even more,,

"If di wasn't pregnant I would tell her everything on that night. Main nahi chahta tha ki di ke anewale nanhe khushi iss khushi ki  Bajase barbad ho. I can do anything for my di, can marry a girl like you, what I did. I was just waiting when this six months time period will finish and my di's pregnancy gets secured. So that I can throw you out from my life for good. Because I hate you khushi. and now you know the reason of this hate, that you don't have a character."

With her heart pounding painfully, she stares at him, a maelstrom of chaotic thought running berserk in her head. The sheer intensity of his rancor left her momentarily disoriented. Rage pain, misery and betrayal shred him to gruesome merciless pieces After trampling her with the fusillade of despicable words, he throws away her stars in the ground and strides away gracefully giving her a loathsome glare. 

These gifs are magnificent! πŸ₯Ί

"kiyu khwabon pe tere sahe hai,

Dil kyu hai tanha mera

Kyu khamosh hai zuban meri

Ashqo pe kehe paoo na

Kiyu dard hai itna

Tere ishq mein

Rabba vey rabba vey

Rabba vey rabba vey

these gifs too! β­οΈ

The air gets rife with melancholy with the new sad version of rabba vey. Never felt such scorching pain before to hear a sad song. It must be the affect of IPK.

My heart has riven asunder with his every contemptuous word. I'm not even in a state to write further. I wish if I could give her a tight hug. Khushi became completely mortified, she is so wretched that can say anything or defend her. She slides down to the terrace ground as the dam finally breaks and she succumbs in undecipherable grieves. Copious tears brim over and stream incessantly down her cheek his words are echoing through her ear drums reverberating through her whole being leaving her burnt and scorched. She reminisces her wedding night, his every words are annihilating her inwardly. A derelict Khushi crumples in the terrace ground with her heart and soul are stricken by a devastating pain that wracked her whole body. The air around her shuddered uncontrollably with intense, pure, unadulterated grief. it feels like the end of her world.

Shyam hides the will paper when he sees Anjali coming in the room. Though Anjali gets incredulous, but she is so gullible that Shyam easily averts her query. He wants to know when saale sahab and Khushi are coming. Anjali tells him that they are coming back in few hours. Shyam smile devilishly to hear that. he is planning to implement his next ploy!

this gif is so creative!

The man is standing in the patio, enraged, despondent and wretched. He is fighting with his tumultuous thought. He recollects Khushi's convo with her friend about her wedding, her confession inebriated state on the day of holi. And the terrace scene where she was in Shyam's embrace, she was telling him to leave Anjali. What he will believe! A fierce conflict between his heart and his mind, ebbing and flowing in the murky depths of his eyes. He closes his eyes to conceal his turbulent, muddle thought frothing at the surface, battling hard to break free. He hadn't been able to completely thwart a feeling of self doubt that had been gnawing at his heart ever since he saw the terrace scene. When he was whirling in the vortex of his rational thought, khushi comes there. She veneers her pain, tries to act normal as if nothing happened. loved these lines. Even with his eyes closed this man can convey so much.

When the pain is too deep, a woman always tries to hide it. Or she is so scorched inwardly that doesn't even want to show her anger. She tells him why he is not getting ready yet; they suppose to go back to Shantivan by noon. She is picking her clothes from the clothesline, she is talking gibberish, will he buy all new clothes for her after going back? They will have more baggage now. Bua and amma must have already filled his car with some. They also got so many gifts form the moholla, after all she came home for the first time after her marriage. She tells him to check the pursey (parts) of his car. She doesn't want him blame her mohollawale if the car beaks down in the middle of the road. She goes inside to pack. Arnav is completely flummoxed to see her staccato behavior, her nonchalance, is she a stoic!

"kiss mitti se bani hai yeh!."

Bua and amma successfully cooked Italian pasta for their favorite babua. Ammay exults, "It exactly looks like the pic in the recipe book."

When Khsuhi tastes it, her face distorts with distaste.

"buaji yeh khilake aap humse jaldi shantivan vejne chahte hai kya?' she is asking  besan ka laddoo for her favorite Payalia and her favorite jijaji.

They made everything for everybody. Arnav is espying her every move, it's unfathomable to him how she is behaving so normal!. Seeing him coming from bathroom, khushi reminds him to take everything! She quips; he also should check beside the hand pump, whether he forgot anything there or not. Bua chides her for her banter. Amma suspects something is wrong. She asks her, is Arnav fine; did they have a fight. Khushi says he is sad as his bidai is going to happen. He gonna miss you more than me. amma pats her lightly, she is too naughty. Khushi asks Arnav, great mothers instinct isn't it?

"kiyu ji hum theek keherahi hai na. you will miss them right?"

Arnav's anger pulsates more to hear her banter.

While packing Arnav's eyes go to the stars laying on the bed. He holds it and thinks how Khushi is so insouciant!. After spurting out the truth he was expecting some kind of umbrage or explanation. Or was he expecting she would try to prove her innocence! He might want himself to be wrong for suspecting her alleged affair with Shyam. When he was still cogitating Khushi enters still trying to behave normal. Actually she was overacting to veneer the clamor of her heart.. Her voice is still broken. She again starts her incoherent talk with constrict voice, where she will put the extra container, bua gave besan ka laddoo for Payal, what she loves, but she loves all kind of sweets. She gives a flying kiss to Salman Khan. 

" what are you trying to prove now? What ghatiya plan you are making? why you are behaving that nothing has happened?" he asks angrily, unable to control the rapidly mushrooming desperation in his voice. Khuahi still feigns ignorance. Arnav wants to say more, but can't speak as bua calls her from outside. She wants to give her more sweets. khushi says, "jitna mitha denge kaam parega." interesting phrase.. rapidly mushrooming desparation

Is it her indirect reply to Arnav, that he nurtured so much bitterness inside him, that her defense will not lessen it.

Finally it's time for bid adieu. Khushi is carrying a big portrait of Arnav and her in her hand. Why she is holding it so closely, is she trying to get the strength to face the upcoming storm?

Bua and amma beg their ardent apology to Arnav for all the discomfort he faced in their small house. Arnav refutes, the love and affection what he got in the house is more than everything, it doesn't matter the house is big or small. Bua kisses him on his forehead and amma cares his cheek lovingly. khushi feigns anger,

" arey sare ashirwad damadji ke denge, toh humare liye bachenge kiya?" 

amma can sense her daughter's disquietude, she is too garrulous today.

"humari ye adat to unhe itni ache lagte hai amma."

He bangs the dickey door of the car , tries to control his anger under rein. Khushi also agitates a bit in anticipation. She can anticipate what dread is waiting for her. She needs her beloved amma and bua's extra love and pray today. She hugs them before bidding the final adieu.

On the way to shantivan, Anjali calls Khushi. She again starts her gibberish talk, trying to hide her tension in the faade of zeal. "di is so happy." She is also happy to meet everybody after a long time. She tells everybody's name one after another.

"aur shyam." Arnav asks her with gritted teeth. Khushi tries to ignore his question and continues, who else she will meet. She shows him the pic of them, dancing together in Preeto's sangeet. She doesn't know when they took the pic and Nandini masi framed it for her. His eyes blaze as unsuppressed anger erupts him like lava.  He screeches the care to a halt. Khushi jerks in fear. Anticipation and apprehension make her tizzy. She yet didn't recover from a bout of his extreme rampage.

Arnav gets down from the car and drags her out vigorously. He hurls the portrait on the road, what she was carrying so lovingly. He is cantankerous in anger.

"That is enough...enough..." his holler echoes in the orchard around the bridge.

"don't you forget that I know the secret behind your drama. What do you think; I'll forget everything so easily! Don't try to act that you don't know what I'm talking about." He says angrily his voice pulsates menacingly.

Khushi is aghast, his every words are ravaging her soul. Arnav's tirade continues,

"Actually it doesn't make any difference to you. That's why you didn't think to explain it to me. or you might have nothing to say.'

He is inciting her to speak. The self flagellation continues unabated inside the calm surface of her mind, but she is still taciturn, staring at him with bewilderment.

His vexation continues,

" Or how would  you have, cause you know very well that you are wrong. And you are expert of hiding your faux passes. It's sad that you and my family love you so much. You don't deserve their love. It's good that your mom and dad are not alive to see these days.

Khushi who was listening and enduring his accusation silently, can't bear his insolence any more, it's felt like a sacrilege to her sanctuary. She retaliates him with gritted teeth,

"humari amma babuji ke bade mein ek shabd nahi."

Ok, now he is successful to make her speak. He wanted to instigate her more to know the truth,

"kiyu, what wrong I said. You always say that your parents have become stars. So how will you face them?"

Fulminating anger suffuses her face; she antagonizes him strongly by pointing her finger towards him,

"I told you not to say a word against my amma-babuji"

both become silent for a moment.

"Hume ghar jana chiye. Di is waiting." Khushi aberates the topic and turns towards the car. His anger goes to zenith now, he doesn't want to relinquish until he gets her explanation.

"no way you and me will not leave from here, until I get my answer." Arnav bangs the door shut and hauls her vigorously near the bridge again.

"we are not going until I get to know that after getting such good upbringing, how can you stoop so low! We will not go until I know how could you deceive me and my family. And today after coming out everything how can you behave so normal as if nothing happened."

He told her that not his family only but she cheated him as well. So he accepted that there is something between them. Khushi's eyes are redden with pain and rage, but still she is numb. Now Arnav relents her and asks her meekly,

"khushi mujhe explain karma zaroori nahi samjha?'

Khushi now recriminates,

. "so you want the explanation, why I am behaving like that as if nothing happened. How dare you asked such question? You want to know, why I'm quite, why I''m not  giving my explanation then listen, Agar aap humare bare mein itni ghatiya soch rakhte hai toh humein nahi lagta aap humare safayi ke layak hai".. If you can think so low of me then you don't deserve any explanation from me. if you think that I have an extra marital affair with Shyam, then you are most welcome with your morbid thought. Lekin humari taraf se apko serf khamoshi milegi. "

Arnav contemplates her for some moments. He is trying to read her mind. Khushi continues,

"Why didn't you ask me this before, why didn't you ask me on that night when you married me forcefully?"

Just let me die. 

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jy5cExWxMhc[/YOUTUBE]
credit goes to Shy
plz ignore typos and mistakes, i don't have time to proof read.
gifs credit goes to tumblr

Lovely take Sohara. You delve into Khushi's state beautifully. Striking choice of words throughout your post. And your gifs tell their own story of a broken girl and a tortured boy. I was telling Issk earlier that this scene reminds me of that jugni song she shared with us. A crying girl who was left all alone. No one came to console her. And there you were wanting to hug her!
The VM is a masterpiece. The song overlaying the dialogues and all those scenes. Hauntingly beautiful. Favourite lines in red above.
kizh72 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: IssK.

I think it WAS Linda actually. Much after the Beetles split, of course.

Don't let them shyams deprive you of the mastanis in any way i say! I didn't realise some of the shyams i had in my life before i actually saw this slithery one in action...sugar coated and so manipulative...changed my perception of some of those around me.

Kamaal, the many levels on which this show has worked for me.

Wasn't the band called 'Wings'? Not very familiar with the music from that phase. For some reason his "Long and winding road" playing on a loop in my head! I think he wrote it for her. This uncle of mine used to tell us kids that the music of the beatles and Simon & Garfunkel is "sheer poetry"! Thanks for that song, not one I had heard.

wiwy thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Hey Ladies πŸ˜ƒ
Here's announcing the winners of the riddle πŸ˜ƒ Thanks for your amazing answers and co operation. You all are winners!πŸ€—

Riddle 
πŸ˜ƒ
Our Riddler has sent a riddle after a long time... do post your answers on the thread.
Riddler will reveal the answer when she is good and ready.

What will make ASR more attractive to girls when he ages?

Two votes went to Rhea's answer and two votes  to Durgey's answer. 

So both Rhea⭐️ and Durgey⭐️ are the joint winners of the Blaster's Choice Answer.πŸ‘ πŸ‘Congratulations Rhea and Durgey!πŸ₯³ πŸ₯³

Durgey⭐️ is also the winner of the Wiwy Ishtyle Answer  because keeping in my mind the silver thread that was my answer too!πŸ˜ƒ Congratulations Durgey!πŸ₯³

Riddle Answers :
@ aarwen/rheaπŸ€—
Wiwy - Yeaa your first riddle while I am here.. I always wanted to take part in this guessing game.. ok since the color theme is blue.. how about the answer .."his blue tooth" .. old men have teeth fall off but ASR will always have his blue tooth.. πŸ˜†

@ DurgeyπŸ€—
Wiwy, 

What will make ASR more attractive to girls when he ages?

Since it is a silver jubilee thread, I will take my clue from there. The answer, his silver hair. Or what is popularly called his salt and pepper look. :-)

Edited by wiwy - 10 years ago
aarwen thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: indi52

episode 249

Aah how the eyes speak even when they are not turned towards the camera!

shyam and khushi meet at the poolside and the scamming and scheming aspects of the show get going. i notice abhaas has gained a lot of weight and hair. his acting is more flat and loud, his music obvious. something tells me the makers are really worried about barun's impending time away. the first time i saw this episode, honestly the will and things just did not interest me by then, was exhausted by all the turmoil, completely unnecessary i felt then and even now, over the hero's decision to act in a film. too much information and for no reason... things happen when you do long term stuff, actors take breaks, manage it and get on with it... don't exhaust the audience... Completely random comment but whenever there is a will being mentioned all I think about is the lesson Hercule Poirot has drilled into me. Very important to read every document before you sign. ASR the tycoon needs to be extra careful. Trust not even your shadow is what Agatha Christie insists.

khushi looks at him, a desperation in her eyes... she has been completely bludgeoned by the revelation of the "sach". her mind is really not in a good place... if someone did that to me... or something like this happened, would i be able to keep completely sane and do the smartest thing or even the sanest? perhaps not. and really if i think of her state in 100/101 when her babuji was unwell: a horror story out of nowhere, that one also brought about by this same man though she has no idea, she had lost it then too... she had yelled at arnav ji for paying. she had raved and then put her hand on her head and said, what am i doing... ultimately she had visited the real fear within her... i can't lose my father... not again... not a second time. The first part thank you for saying this. Though I do wonder if Barun wasn't leaving would this misunderstanding continue for as long as it does. Still thanks for the reminder that in such a case even in real life or maybe specially in real life we don't make the most intelligent of choices.

khushi and loss. where does this fear take her? here she fears she will lose him, her arnav ji. to fight and yell and shout at him is one thing, to hate him while he is with her is tolerable. to not know perhaps was better. for now she knows what he thinks of her... and a fear in her of losing the most precious one in her life maybe? if i look forward, it's the ankahi anjani soliloquy getting crystalised in her maybe. her heart sends her messages, her instincts know what she struggles with to acknowledge. but really she is not quite herself... baat aapki hai... she is at one level going to pieces. in that state this desperate act of depending on a known devil just might come about. lovely. 

human, she is but only that. and a very bad decision she makes.

still, her head speaks to her, and she says, no..."chahe kagzat sahi bhi ho lekin hum unhen kissi bhi tarah ke dhoka nahin denge." she will not trick him in any way she avers. she is trying hard to remain sane while all goes crazy in her.

again, it was a brave attempt, but she had to buckle finally. on the bridge she had said, no, i won't tell you a thing if you have such a low opinion of me... but haalaat, circumstances... what a hold it has over us at times. in that case, it was her heart that needed to tell him... no no no, she wasn't the characterless harlot he thought she was.

this time too her heart will have its way.

the dori she was given and she will bring up poignantly... that makes us do things we wouldn't have if we were not tied to an idea, a feeling... nice reading into this Indi di. Yes sometimes when it is about the one you love you get compelled to react. Your mind may warn you, you may have enough reasons to know it is definitely not the thing to do and yet you can't help yourself. Out of your control really. Happens in a fight all the time. You know its not the wisest thing to say. Better to be silent. Better to walk away. yet you are powerless to do so. just like our man and woman here.

he sits at his laptop, a brown shirt accentuating his incredible brownness, the bali dance comes to mind. the re-telecast has just shown it. a congealed concentrated hurt and turbulent pain in him... his feelings and thoughts are always deep as the ocean...bottomless really, they all go and merge and flow at some immeasurable depth below the surface that is so brown.

years ago, i had learned the word, "dun coloured", while trying to read the hungry tide by amitava ghosh. i did not finish the book... looking at this picture i kept thinking of the delta waters, the tide and the colour dun, maybe that is a bit dull and dirty and this sharper but that uniform brown covering seemed to speak of something not at all flat or monochromatic that lies beneath... I am not a fan of this brown shirt really. but it did have an effect of muting and dulling things in my mind. 
If white brought out the blazing scorching yet icy cold sun in him, brown seemed to make it murky, dull. you write of it beautifully. 

if you think such ghatiya things about me, then you are not fit to be told anything really... he is thinking of her and nothing else, his eyes move recalling her words...

ekbar aap humse poochkar toh dekhte... you should have tried asking me once. 

how can he not think of her? how can he not be anguished by her hurt... no one asked him to take the thread and hold it, but he did that of his own accord when he felt her pain and wanted to be the one to alleviate it, comfort her, say, sab kuch theek ho jayga... again 100/101 echo. he had not been pushed by anything other than an inner thing, an emotion. but then isn't an emotion really more compelling than most things... he had put his hand on her head. there was a promise in it, unbeknownst to him his heart had already made a deal... the biggest deal of his life.

there was no walking away, no reneging. more than the word that is uttered or given, is the word the heart has felt... he will try to go away, to break the deal... but will he succeed?

thoughts cascade... she hates shyamji, his dhoka... but khushi ji ghar bahut suna suna sa lag raha tah aapke bina. that ingratiating sentence of shyams interrupts.

eyelids lift, a feeling thickens.

and the coffee bears the brunt of it... back one day, after hurting her unbearably, telling her koi matlab nahin hai... she means nothing to him, he had had a similar converstaion with a drink and a man servant..

arnav bhaiya, coffee?

nahin chahiye.

chai de doon?

maine kaha na nahin chahiye!

i always enjoyed his unpretentious way with servants, and had a feeling they appreciated it too. they knew whose bark was worse than his bite... and who was there if they needed anything... in a world of fake and empty performance appraisals and and then sweetly worded stabs in the back... where sacking is called separation, i like this not sugarcoated honest human interaction... this gets trust, loyalty and involvement in work, all of which are priceless if something of meaning is to be done. How we think Aman respects his boss a lot too! Its fascinating how IPK manages to convey these subtle feelings without outright saying anything about it. Wonder if it is thought out in advance or just happens because of the real story they tell. Since its so real you automatically end up feeling even the hidden unplanned things just like out in asli duniya.

nani and di and mami worry... what's with him. i feel happy though, it is good to see him back at home, in his natural space. with his bunch of women fretting caring loving... families are so much about getting into each others lives sometimes claustrophobically even, but maybe it's good to get a little asphyxiated and then yell, shout... a funny joy in it. Yes in 248 itself I was feeling relaxed now that ASR returned to that familiar space. Living away from home for a few years now, I am always amazed at the rush of feeling I get as I enter the city I lived in for 20 years. four fifth of my life. With Arnav this tie to Shantivan is even stronger because this is his personal space in the harsh world around. but about family interference..πŸ˜† .. I can't stand it.. absolute loner types I am.. a little ASR is what I am andar se.. can stand at the side and watch the madness with a smile (mine nowhere as gorgeous sadly) but be dragged into it.. forget it di..

di classically is ready to get juice for him, all problems can be solved by eating and drinking, and since he is the westernised sort, what could be more calming than some juice, it does wonders. yes it does, of course, but really you must pour it into the shoes to get the full goodness of juice. in fact, assure you it is really good for the heart when you do that. haha is that what she was thinking? Harvad returned boy needs his juice? πŸ˜›loved the memory you bring..

nahin di, mujhe kuch nahin chahiye, i'm fine.

okay i am lying dead now, where did he get that "foine" from, amrika, vilayat, where... it is lethal and should not have been allowed to clear customs. I will go see this again. don't remember.

so cute, his di and nani are unimpressed by the deadly accentiya, they want to know about chottey and the khatirdari at sasural...

manorama and bua ji settle for a skirmish over the phone... was there not enough fawning over the son in law? mami must find out, humre arnav bitwa after all... she of the killing accent herself? haan? serbhees naat okay? haan? very bads moods... he has come back with. I didn't like mami making the call.

buaji does a neat backhand shot... "baccha log jab lambi chhuttiyan ke baad jab school wapas lautte hain na, toh thode din dukhi rahte hain." when kids return from long holidays they are a bit down for a few days.

asr apparently gets the pyaar in their adrak wali chai which his home kaaffee doesn't have.

while it sounded great, i couldn't agree. yeah, he is a bit of a loner, and people around often don't get him. but this is where he is himself, especially in his room. and i like to see him walk in with that distracetd air handing over his bag to op, knowing this is his castle, no one bugs him here, he doesn't need to smile and be nice.absolutely

a sister tries to understand why her brother and his wife don't look happy... iss rishtey mein toh aap hi ko thoda sabr rakhna hoga. she advises khushi that it is she who will have to be patient in this relationship. there bua was at asr telling him sanka devi's virtues, here di monitors the relationship her bro has with his wife. so terribly natural where i come from. and most irritating.

brown man comes, speaks only to di, ignores the girl he thinks of all the time, a button decides it is time to do something about it and falls... krishna i think... something is always playing and playful around here.

"dammit."

khushi picks up the button.

she did say that she had not taken the string, the dhaga, of her own volition... true. but it was she who picked up what would be sewn with the string.

that they met was perhaps not of her doing, fate/god/life call it what you will presented that. but to take it forward or not, that was her decision, not even his... chal khushi chal, go khushi go, she had admonished herself and run after him in the dargah, he in fact had walked away... episode 3, unforgettable scenes... strangely all these scenes have been playing in my mind...

and now instinctively the button she picks...

just as he has put a hand on her head... she has allowed the sindoor to touch it... coerced or not, her decision somewhere... once that is done and she is patni... and to use durga's word, premika, which she is even though she doesn't know it... she takes care of things, even when things fall apart.

that is the role she plays, she wants, she holds dear.

something about rotten sweets babli and bhabs and mr a... why was it necessary to strip payal of her payalness? okay, moving on...

"sirf ek button hi toota hai usske liye poori shirt change karne ki kyazaroori hai?" only a buttin is off, what's the need to change the whole shirt because of that, says anjali.

aur khushi ji hain na? and khushi is there, isn't she?

a tiny picture imprinted in the head, and the impact on a whole relationship, a little moment that destroys a lifetime... and yes, khushi ji is there... she will mend it.

he looks at her stricken almost. the look for the day was reminiscent of a classic time, 40s fifties, the faces looked more intense, the styling heightened it... his hair, her make up, colours. a time of more intense emotions maybe. Have you seen barfi the movie? Am not a fan of it but someone had asked the director, I think he was, why he chose to make the move in old kolkatta and not in the 21st century and he said human emotions were straight from the heart then. Not complicated by wordly rig marole. I liked his answer.

the sister for whom two lovers came closer and then clashed in a tempestuous storm, is here working to make sure the storm settles... not knowing her place in the eye of it.

a pair of eyes looked terribly sad and hurt.

another pair lifts its gaze, dun showing fury, hiding hurt.

a box full of dhaga is given to the girl, whose dori was snapped that made a tie the most carefully tied knot perhaps couldn't.

he stood helpless and maybe just wanting her approach... while his sister supervised. she walked to him.

she tucked a needle between her teeth, then resolutely held his shirt front ready to sew on the button. di left looking pleased.

as di left he looked up, a gaze full of consternation fixed on khushi's bent head till then...

they are together, and that somewhere is enough, a sense of two of them in each other lost is here, rabba vey trills in. i think of him standing by the poolside looking at her payal held aloft in his wondering hand. now she is almost pressed against the seena he doesn't have. some primal pure feelings, do they ever change.

the world keeps turning and new emotions emerge, take shape and touch and change things within... but that untouched thing i think remains. that's what reminds of their earlier days and later helps in resolving conflict...

it helps us too.

he let his eyes go blank... and held her hand stopping...

di has left... drama karne ki koi zaroorat nahin hai.

a silent murmuring look from a girl in a terrible quandary, almost a life and death situation...

he turns away, she hurts her hand on the needle...

where is the place for pretense anymore... he has put a hand on her head, a string has been tied in his heart... where is the struggle then. beautiful Indi di!

khushi!!

and on that cry, comes back another one, outside by the pool, when he saw her blood on a glass...

all tied by a string neatly, from day one... a tale of an emotion... its journey through the bedard days of life... it's nishana never faltering...

sorry!!

where is the pretense, the anger the hatred...

not since the day he picked her out of a crumbling building, something elemental in it... could he return to don' care blithely.

she looks at him and he must look away though... only to lift his gaze again to her face, searching, searching for so long, ever since that terrace.

"hum drama nahin kar rahein..." i am not doing drama. lovely easy dialogue, life like... "dhaga hume zabardasti thamna pada... hamari marzi nahin thi..." i had to hold the string, didn't have my consent... sanaya's voice has planted it in my head and gut...

a wait, a beautiful moment as he listens intently, listening for something, and she looks up at him, and director sends in rabba vey... in every moment, in conflict or in hate, in disgust or in despair, in all things ugly too it was love and even death do not us part...is that why when he bruised her arm i was never angry at him? or when she insulted him or interfered with his way of life I was never angry at her?

a mid shot, we can't breathe, this is just to allow us to, because now she will come back in with a heart stopping...

"lekin ab jo baandh diya hai toh..." but now that it is tied, then...

and a memory... he is holding her and telling her he has married her because he thinks she is having an affair, she has no character... he is holding her so tight, so rough..

he looks at her and stars get thrown and chucked.. they scatter on the floor.

a frame smashes on the road...

break break break...

but she can't.

he flings her away...

she steps closer... like a dance they move, one frame in the mind the other in reality... like that night of teri meri... writing the story of their lives oh nice parallel!

she comes in closer... to his heart.

kyun khwabon pe tere saayein hain...

and she picks another stitch...

kyun khamoshi hain zubaan meri ashkon se kah paaoo na...

it was all about these feelings really, which is why nothing else ever mattered... we didn't really need anything else...no nothing else

sanaya's eyes told an epic today. they had been lying a bit dormant for a while, like a writer taking a break, or blocked... but a break is always good.

the eyes said so much, reading them will take a lifetime... or the kidnap time... to ponder to feel to let in and let nothing else matter.

yin and yang here.. shivshakti too... that eternal duality which wants to merge and become whole.

she sewed on, their faces inches from each other, did they look into each other's eyes... or did their gazes just miss each other's...?

a classic shot, her mouth on the thread, close to his chest, she pulled and cut the string... tying it even tighter. no doubt to some place beneath or between the aorta and the heart chambers...

he stood motionless. maybe not even breathing...

she wanted to talk to him... just for a moment... he ignored her, shrugging on his jacket. he left.

anjali came back and shyam joined them soon. di who is so good at gauging chhotey and khushi ji's every mood continued being curiously clueless in reading her husband's words. shyam's manipulation went on... a note of the hindi serial entered the frame. so that is what was off.. I kept trying to put the feeling in words.. thanks.

but the beauty of what happened before was what mattered.

a little ipk style at the end... he looked tired and ddg in his meeting. she charged into his office wanting to tell him bahut zaroori things, but would she be able to tell him everything this time? alas. this is khushi... who runs to tell him all... just like he had gone to tell di everything that night.

asr is in his office, there has been a take over in london.. everything obviously has to be remodeled.

"i think we need new machinery.

what the!

this kind of behaviour is not acceptable..."

me giggling, i hate that not acceptable ridiculous phrase... who cares what is or isn't acceptable. lifewa just happens. hahaha you mentioned this in your post on Cynthia's take too. Was giggling even then. Such a serious sequence and you making me giggle. This kind of behaviour is not acceptable.. samajhi aap? (see adding a bit of inspired writing from my side. the samajhi aap does set the tone, right πŸ˜‰ ?)

Lovely as always Indi di. Could be just my reading but I felt a little longing in your writing for even the scenes you did like. Must have seen that "stitching button on" scene in many movies or on tv but for the life of me can't remember any example. IPK ka scene chap gaya hai mann mein. The quandary that the these two actors manage to convey and oh so believingly (if that is a word) is inconceivable at some level. Just acting? And this complicated situation they are in. Love each other madly. Long to reach out to each other. hold each other close. And yet not able to. hurt more, harm more. Cry more, break more. And in all that love like no one else ever has ever loved before. So life like. or so it feel..πŸ˜†

So many thoughts that you had stood out for me. lovely understanding of this thing that they can't give a name too. And I liked your positivity.
Previous
1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 ... 115
Next