Blast from the Past Thread #24 ** Golgappa Times ** p 113, ep 246 - Page 60

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Horizon thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: indi52

episode 237

felt like a complete episode, in fact a love story in itself... it was sweet sour chilli hot with a little accent of bitter too, and yes it had plenty crunch in it. the perfect golgappa episode.

one thing about ipk i found fascinating were their fights. so so so very life like. after nearly three decades of fighting enough and more with this man who i have this kind of long relationship with, i can tell the authenticity of a spat from far far away, almost by telepathy.

this fight was beautiful. look at how smoothly it entered the moment, exactly as it does in life.

just as everybody is feeling warm and relaxed and wonderful after asr's gesture of bringing tonnes of groceries for the family. just when he has proved beyond doubt that he is not doing this to flash his cash but because he considers himself a part of the family. endearing really, this arrogant tycoon when he is touched by the love, the genuine warmth, and the complete helplessness of two beautiful elders. khushi's fam is his fam, and he realises that ac and the five star food may have hurt them though that was never his intention.

just when he is charming everyone, and please don't tell me he had no idea that would be the effect, with his got a lot of stuff because i eat a lot.

just when his ma in law is indulging him and he says oh i'll eat anything as long as it is not tasteless good for health food.

just when a touch of magic enters frame.

just when this transpires before us...

"kyun," he said, "main kyun nahin kar sakta, staking his claim, refusing to be left out..." he looked at the two ladies and declares, "iss ghar ka damad hoon."

why can't i do it, i am teh son in law of this house after all.

gentle husky voice, almost asking permission to be damad, not wrenching the status.

"lekin babua, itta sara..." but son, so much, bua ji is hesitant.

"haan, buaji, main khata bhi toh bahut hoon..." yes, bua ji, i eat a lot too...

exquisite acting by barun... at thaw point of a relationship that has just started warming over pasta... a ray of sunshine about to burst through and this time, surprise, the horrible mr raizada is bringing it.

in the most innocent voice, "aur aap khilati bhi bahut hai..." and you feed a lot too...

the ladies go quietly awww.

babu ji joins in...

khushi has to smile... her laad governor is a downright charmer and his seena has its dil alright.

"kuch bhi normal, bas... acchi sehat wala khana nahin," is it a damad or one wanting to be accepted as a son here?

"please aunty," he says.

just then khushi says the one thing she need not have, should not have. don't call amma aunty, call her amma.

in an instant everything changes. he turns away almost exploding with anger, which really is his only way to hide the mindless hurt that grips him at the mention of mother... that too asking him to call someone else by that name so sacrosanct.

asr just breaks under that pressure. maybe because he had let too many barriers down, and felt extremely vulnerable. the character of khushi, who understood all the nuanced feelings of everyone, who was so sensitive about everyone's feelings when the shyam incident happened, and never said anything to anyone, she says this to asr without even thinking about what it might do to him.

maybe that too is because of that love and its fond wishes. she wants him to be part of her life completely, that's the message i get, make her dad his dad, her mum his mum...

"ab toh amma kahiye na," now call her amma, no.

asr, garima, bua ji, everyone begins to lose their smile... but khushi does not get it.

"just shut up!"

the explosion comes. a ripping heart, a torn out spleen...

he doesn't have a mother.

"meri koi maa nahin hai... mar chuki hai meri maa!" i have no mother... my mother has died! in his harshness, in his anger he hides pain that shatters him. even now. every time.

and just like that, barun brought back the man of the night of wedding... eyes marble like, disconnected and focussed with shards of anger, voice riven...  cuts into me. and everyone.

he had just become son, and back he goes to his shell, hurting madly... again he is asr.

garima seems to understand the undercurrents... she is angry about the way khushi has been going on.

a fabulously natural scene, slice of life.

he is in pain. and he only can be furious when that happens... months later he will trust her enough to cry in her arms... but he really cannot handle this...

he struggles in the bedroom, rips mosquito net and a nightmare comes in broad daylight... he remembers sheeshmahal after many days.

he was beginning to step out of its shadow maybe. she had kept him so busy with all her antics. his guard had come down and suddenly this.

she comes to apologise but this is not the time...

"khushi bas!"

she tries to say something, his hand comes up... he is beyond thought now... and this is when he always makes mistakes, hurts others because he is hurting so much.

"tumne jo bhi kaha usse mujhe kya feel hua usska tumhe idea tak nahin hai", you have no idea what i felt when you said what you said...

and then without thinking he refers to her family's home as "ghatiya" low, trashy... really not a nice word. especially when attached to one's family's home.

and the whole tide turns just on that one word. doesn't exactly this happen in the middle of a fight in my life too?

whoever wrote this understood intimacy and the thing about a fight between two people who love each other, where emotions never stay in control and the tongue exceeds the limit... too often.

we say not to say hurtful things, yet us humans... those we love the most we want to sometimes hurt the most or hurt without thinking.

he realises instantly.

she of course is so insulted and hurt, she speaks of the way people with less money survive and how no matter what, she has never allowed their acrimony to impact her relationship with his family.

i love the whole tenor and basis of this fight. it's real and full of those delicate emotions that take hold of us in these situations. she has so much abhimaan in her, and he a reckless anger as also utter remorse knowing he has crossed a line.

he listens quietly.

"aap amir log..." she is taking off about how the rich are...

"khushi, mera woh matlab nahin..." he tries to reach out... khushi, that's not what i meant.

but khushi is now the one who has felt a blow in her heart. she goes on... you are mad at me i understand but i am mad at you too and i have reason to be but till date never have i taken it out on your fam... and i won't, not even by mistake... but you have done that so many times.

"khushi."

she is not going to listen.

she leaves.

he comes home with golgappa.

bua ji and amma are surprised, they have cooked so much... but he saw this shop on the way.

and then again a glimpse into the endearing mr raizada... khushi's words have reached deep and made an impression.

"i am sorry buaji, sorry aunty... main abhi ke liye sorry nahin bol raha hoon... i should not have got angry... khushi was right..." he's not saying sorry for what happened just now, but for all the things he shouldn't have done. arnav singh raizada's this up front attitude when he found himself wanting was always attractive to me. he was not being "good" in a social niceties way, he is capable of assessing his action and apologising if he is convinced that he was not right.
he also takes steps to rectify... the remarriage as awful as it was can only be justified from this pov... he has erred, he will set things right and with all of himself.

"woh, main kissi ko maa nahin kah sakta..." beautiful delivery.

"aap kiss naam se humey pukaro iss se hamara rishta toh nahin badalta..." the name you call one by doesn't alter the nature of a relationship, in amma's wise words another important ipk thought... go beyond name, beyond form and find the meaning of a thing.

sanka devi returns, all down and out and does all she can to resist the g-gappas... she is angry with him, so she is not going to eat the stuff. again, so terribly khushi and utterly lover like. she is mad at him, but her walk with her dear babu ji has calmed her a bit... she too cannot do without loving this man, no matter how far either moves away from that basic position of dhakdhak, they both always resolve back to it... again very much like true lovers.

she finally succumbs...

his delight is in just watching her... tender sweet love. fragile so fragile... gets said through these things, how much he wants to see her smile though it is he who has filled her with tears.

golgappe... golgappe... run, pick up pack, tear with teeth and spit out the torn off bit... man looks at tornado astonished, a yikes at the spit out...

she was thinking of eating chatpata food... aww poor baby she too was feeling wretched. he needed to make her feel better and knew what to bring and he needed to apologise... see her happy again.

"thoda khatta thoda meetha thoda teekha..." a little sour a little sweet a little hot.

madam has opened her mouth wide, about to pop in the first one.

thank the one who has brought all this... aranv babua.

huh. the g-gaps drops.

"laad gov ke laaye gaye golgappe... kabhi nahin khaoongi..." never will she eat golgappa broght by laad governor... promptly after that though, fab reasoning why she will eat one just one though.

he sips tea and waits for her... he is asr, he knows this will work i think...

hey hey heyheyhey... he watches her while pretending to be engrossed in his tea... tea? asr? do they give you your daily coffee here or not?

as he gazes engrossed at her while she has this deep intimate affair with a crunchy canape of sooji and its spicy potato and chana filling, and sweet sour paani, i am reminded of the first time he saw her in a red saree, her hair flew and he stopped and stared and rabba vey rose in the air. here along with that besotted look, a little laughter too, his jhalli babe is back in action, that is all he wants, some day he will realise that is all he needs.

the creatives crafted this simple scene with so much care and sensuality.

their love scenes as they are called were phenomenal, but their fights had pure true love in them, and even extreme sexual desire and tension...

one made us waft away into a world far away and embrace a feeling of romance, the other kept us right here on this earth and told us how divinely tumultuous it was to be in love. one was fantasy, the other reality, both were only and purely love.

Beautiful edits the last ones Indi and those last lines about their fights.. That's what made them realistic and endearing.. The entire GH track was slice of life.. Truly every day hubby wife encounters... Life, marriage, romance is not always about colorful duets in Alps but 99% reality bites .. Like you very rightly pointed when one's tongue goes too far than what they intended to, little loss of control, and then trying to make amends .. They both did. For persuading him to call Garima mama and he for unintentionally insulting their status, 
Garima and buaji's attention all new to him some one attending to him almost very min where as he is used to taking care of himself.. 
Oh coffee. ..poor ASR seemed to have been deprived of coffee ever since he married her..  Hope he didn't switch to tea permanently..
As much as they seemed to have more interactions, waded more through  normal life like situations.. Some where the i dearly missed the  dreamy eyed stares into the stars, the heavenly pool side, the endless pensive stares through the large French doors..altho as you said both were only and only pure love!
Horizon thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: cinthiann1758

This is my 2000th post.  I wanted to write it hear on the Blast!  You are all so special to me!   WooHoo!!!!  Some of my favorite pics.  Thanks to all the uploaders!

Cynthia, great way to celebrate post number 2000. Thanks for sharing that moment with us he. 
Horizon thumbnail

Originally posted by: Katelyn

Awesome job on the edit, Rhea! 👏⭐️⭐️  Love it!!  ❤️

Aarwen, lovely lovely collage..loved the background you used.. Lot of breaks yet a striking uniformity just like them!
Edited by Horizon - 10 years ago
indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: aarwen

Thank you so much for the compliment Indi di 😳 . You are very kind. This 25 yr old software engineer , who though loves reading but has never really written much of anything, is very thankful getting encouragement from the Eglish lit student 😊. I do enjoy writing about these two. Am also extremely uncreative but Arnav and Khushi force me to think of colors, shots, collages, edits! You like the new style.. Hehe Secret behind it I got some good quality videos.. As you rightly said it makes quite a difference..

twenty five, ooo less than half my age... got married at 25 me... i keep hearing people say they are not at all creative... nahiiin, we human beings are programmed to create and be creative... just need the right impetus... nothing like romance true blue dhakdhak to do just that. super writing and thinking... looking forward... oh and in eng lit, i barely managed to pass, still smart at the memory of my marks teehee. did english mainly to avoid studying... pleaded with parents to get me married but mera koi sunta hi nahin hai.
indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
indu, thanks so much for reading 237...

i too miss that star gazing, the pool, the eyes glittering in profile as he looks out... the encounters at the poolside in long shot... the body language there is just so different. the man of the house, and in his den... full authority. pull push drag haul fall endlessly in love, do what you please. and she a little fey always, the misfit in the alishan bangla who seems to add a total unorthodox twist to it. making it all come alive.

yeah, i often have to rationalise gh track in my head... and what keeps it going for me honestly is barun's acting. also bua ji and garima's, the perfect contrast to each other they... and kkg at certain moments not always.

they said story was over... then why is it that i can still see many things going on around that poolside between the two and not always sweet and gentle stuff, i can see the romance deepening still through some more wars and and intense moments... also on the terrace...
Crazy4IPK thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Episode-232

Khushi has connected big against Arnav. She just can't let him go so easily after calling her ghatiya.  She has already convinced the whole family to implement her plan. Along with nani, Anjali also joins in this plan. She brought gifts for Amma and bua. But Arnav is incorrigible, he is not going anywhere. Whereas khushi wants to go and she also can't leave him alone as he is not well.

"This was Khushi's idea"  nani's words embitters Arnav even more. khushi nods her head feigning innocence. Nani tells him that Khushi wants him to get a break from his work, so that he can take rest. When nani mentions to stay over there for do aat din, his eyes pop out in bewilderment. How can he stay there for 2-8 days. Arnav shows his imperviousness again, he can't go cause he has lots of work in office. Nani already resolved this problem, she involved Akash in office work, so he can go without any tension. Anjali pleads him, how can she says no to Khushi's family now. Arnav doesn't understand, as both the family stays in the same city, then why they need to stay there for some days. Anjali tries to make him understand that he should go for the sake of Khushi, she must be missing her home. She thinks, as Khushi left her home and staying here, same way he also should maintain the relationship with her family.

Loved connoisseur Anjali in this matter. Their out look is very broad, not like the typical dominating in laws of our country. And they are always ready to advocate for Khushi against Arnav.

"ok ok I'll go"  he agrees without too much fuss. But he will go tomorrow.

"I can do a little delay right?"  he replies at their baffled expression. all of them assent his decision. After they left Khushi calls him swami what acerbates Arnav. He puts his finger on her lips to make her quiet.

"don't call me by this name, as I agreed to go with you."

Arnav says meekly as his eyes veer towards her lips, where he keeps his finger. Khushi is in impediment to feel his touch on her lips. Arnav also can't remove his finger from her lips as he has become inert for a while. Khushi nods her head gently. Arnav realizes that he unknowingly touched the most intimate part of her body. He feels a bit shy and moves away. Arnav saw how she got affected at his mere touch. They know how much they are attracted to each other, then why so much inhibition, why so much mistrust from Arnav's side. I wish if he could've eradicated that terrace scene from his mind!

Khushi calls bua to let them know that they are coming on the next day.

(Sanaya kissed Barun's finger in off screen. I wish if Khushi would do that!)

In GH, bua and Amma are trying so hard to make their home adaptable for their rich son in law. Bua is trying to fix the old cooler and amma is trying to arrange the dining table. Like a little child there is so much enthusiasm and excitement in Amma's tone.

"Chai foot ka admi hai, chhaad uchi karo to kano baat hai." (he is a six foot tall guy, so there is no point to raise the height of the ceiling)  Bua replies in frustration. Bua meant that their son in law is too precious, so it will be beyond their means to make him comfortable. Or moreover to keep him cool they need to provide cool and comfy environment around him, as he is very hot headed.

Bua finally could fix the old cooler. She pleads to the machine to run properly, as it's the matter of their honor. Babuji is enjoying the helter-skelter of two ladies. Bua thinks her sanka devi is a very good hearted person, but she is anticipating some storm. Oh yeah not a simple storm but a tempest is on the way. She calls amma to check if the air is coming from the cooler or not. But unfortunately no air is coming; or moreover it breaks again, when bua bangs on it.

How warm and caring this poor people are; they are trying to pour their heart out to entertain their son in law. And fortunately Arnav felt it strongly during his stay in GH. That's why herebuked Khushi that in spite of such good upbringing how she turned out so immoral!

In RM Khushi is bidding a tearful adieu to all. She tells them to take care of themselves. She will miss everybody a lot.

"ok then let's not go. Neither you feel bad, nor you miss anybody, you'll not feel bad"  Arnav quips to cancel the trip. He is annoyed at Khushi's filmi bidai. But Khushi sure will go. Payal gives her a light pat on her head. Nani tells Anjali, how cum she is bidding bye them without feeding the breakfast. Anjali intentionally didn't feed them, as she wants chottey's in laws to get a chance to take care of him. Arnav embitters again to see his dramebaaz biwi's emotional adieu. He also bids them bye casually without knowing that what kind of torture is waiting ahead for him.

"see you guys. Very soon."

By the way my man is looking too delicious. Though he looks a bit sick, but looking hotter than usual.

At the threshold, mami calls Arnav, but he can't see her. mami appears from a hidden place, makes him startled. She alerts him to be careful, as he is going to his wife's maternity home. Arnav doesn't get her. She thinks they will feed him so much oily food, that he has to fish the vegetable from oil. How much he will refuse, they will feed him even more. There will be no rule there, that's why she is giving her the solution. Arnav is baffled, obediently listening to his crazy mami. She gives him a bottle of medicine to take every night after dinner. She put the bottle inside his laptop bag. Arnav is flummoxed what she is doing with his laptop,

"jaan bache to lakh do paye, laptop kharab ho to dusra ajaye."

"okay"   arnav seems got scared at mami's premonition.

Arnav and khushi are on the way to GH. Khushi is delectable as she is going to her own home. Bua is asking Khushi on the phone, what they will prepare for Arnav, roti or paratha? When Khushi asks Arnav, he gets mad and screeches the car at stop sign. He  gives her an angry glare. Bua wants to know what kind of lassi he will drink, with salt or with sugar? Khushi says, salt, as he can't have sugar. After hanging up the phone, without looking at him, she tells Arnav that she knows, Arnav is starring at her angrily.

"you can stare me whole day, now let's go as the signal is green now."

Khushi murmurs herself, "KKGSR, when you will understand when you have to keep quiet, or moreover when laad"  Khushi looks at Arnav and continues his monologue, "you are sitting with him in his car. He will stop the car with cheee and open the car with a taak and you will be out of the car. Aur garr karke gari age nikal jayega"  she is cursing herself and narrating what will happen now.

"out"  surprisingly Arnav does the same. He screeches his car in a halt and tells her to go out.

"again" she is rueful. He looks at her with darting eyes. She unbuckles her seat belt, ready to go out. She asks him,

"will you go to buaji's house alone? I mean you can't go back to the house. What everybody will say?"

Arnav is taciturn, only gives her an angry glare. Khushi cowers to see his angry look,

"but you must've thought something before stopping the car. I know you can manage."

Khushi intends to get out from the car.

"Sit quietly in the car." Arnav orders her grimly.

Khushi still intends to go out.

"I told you to sit."

Khushi is nonplus what to do

"seat belt."

Arnav starts driving and khushi starts to sing to irritate him,

Aaj mausam hai suhana (the ambiance is nice)

Maiyke jaaneka hai bahana (got an excuse to go to mom's home)

What the what the what the (she says this lines in lower voice, so that Arnav can't hear.)

Rasta hai anjana (the road is unknown)

Aur sathi hai deewana (the partner is crazy)

What the what the what the.

Arnav again gives her a contemptuous look and grumbles, "again".

khushi is frolicking inwardly. She quite adapted his calibrated anger.

Though Arnav was giving her angry glare while she was singing, but he actually liked his crazy wife's demeanor. Cause later, when Khushi became woebegone after the kidnapping track, he himself told her to sing the mausam hai suhana song.

Mami is delighted, because she could warn Arnav about the things he will face in his in law's place. she bumps with Babli on her way. Babli needs some, color, toothpaste, soap etc. mami wants to know, why she needs those; is she planning to make robot. Then why not she is making one for her, so that, she can replace it with khoon bhari tang, who will be obedient to her. Babli gets annoyed at her nonsense prattle; she doesn't need her help. Mami thinks, it's a good idea to replace KBT with a robat.

Why mamiji? Why you disgrace yourself to your small niece by insulting your daughter in law again and again! And you want more obedient DIL than Payal? I guess she is more obedient than a robot.

Arnav and Khushi reach Laxminagar. The whole vicinity is waiting there to welcome them. Like a celebrity Khushi waves her hand from inside the car. When they got down, Arnav tells Khushi that he will take care of the baggage. But he gets dumbfounded to see the back of the car full of bags. I'm surprised, the business tycoon's wife carried her stuffs in shopping bags, she doesn't have a luggage!

Oye"  barun's expression comes out from ASR inadvertently. "are you?" he anticipates whether khushi is planning to come here for good or not, he asks her,

"are you settling here?"  He starts to put down the bags from the car. Oh god where that shrewd ASR has gone! I can see a typical husband instead. He is so annoyed that when khushi intends to say something, he tells her to shut up. When he finished unloading, khushi reminds him to get the plant out from the car. Arnav is surprised to see the plant in the car.

"I thought if you miss your plants here, so"

Arnav is amused to see her sensitivity. He meets her eyes with some hesitation and eventually delves into it, his relenting in echo of a vague surrender. He can't take off her eyes from her. The look of surprised pleasure on his face makes her eyes soften with tenderness. Both stares at each other for a while, try to feel each other. They know very well that they have some unexpressed emotions, enormous feelings between them, which is impenetrable and undecipherable.  A perfect rabba vey moment and the tune in piano makes the moment more enthralling. Khushi knows how much he is attached to his plants. To unite him with Lavanya she sold her only precious belonging of her mother and filled his office cabin with greeneries. That day he sure could sense that it was Khushi who did it, but my heart still lurches painfully that he never came to know about her sacrifice. If he would've known he could never called her a gold digger.

Khushi takes the plant form his hand. Arnav calls his driver to remove the car from here. Khushi tells him that he can keep it in Happyji's garage. He agrees and parks the car there.

A disgusting scene between Anjali and shyam. I wished to skip it. Shyam was passing by the poolside, immersed in thought to make the key as soon as possible. Anjali who was watering the plants calls him. but he was so much in his self that he can't listen to her. Anjali gets angry and starts to throw water to him by hose pipe. He realizes that the soap is melting because of the water. He berates her to stop by addressing her Anjali, what enrages Anjali more and she keeps throwing water and makes shyam completely drenched. Clever shyam hides the soap inside a plant and starts to flirt with Anjali. I was so disgusted that they use Arnav and Khushi's forward and backward walking here. Anyway, shyam challenges anjali and Anjali gets scared and keeps walking backward. Anjali stops when she gets obstructed by a tree, Shyam intends to smear mud on her face. But instead he takes the hose pipe from her hand. In spite of her incessant plea, he makes her soaked with water.

Babli asks HP for soap. Both come by the poolside and babli gets delectable to find a soap there. it is Shyam's soap. She immediately picks it for her use.

After romancing with Anjali, Shyam realizes that he needs to collect the soap before anybody can get it. But the rascal gets nuts when he doesn't find the soap where he kept it. 

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=wDmLfpDL8Bg[/YOUTUBE]

credit goes to Appy Indy

plz ignore typos.

gifs credit goes to tumblr

Edited by sohara - 10 years ago
aarwen thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Horizon

Engaging take aarwen. Sorry took quite a while to come to this. He entire GH track weaves and showed such nice bonding between the Gupta women and ASR. He didn't have motherly figures at home.. Although he is reluctant to address Garima as one just yet.. But his special respect and affection to this generation of ladies evident. 

Yes that moment of he watering the plant is the most sublime.. The moment Khushi most thoughtfully brought his plant even in the midst of all her busy craziness comes flashing infront.. 
Loved your connection to the Diwali words.. Where he said similar things..the few days of  Farq padtha hai, as heart breaking as they are, seemed to have reflected his heart quite openly to Khushi. She read his despair, his frustration, his anger with himself and with her..as she said that time she knew its her he is mad at.. And she knew those words reflected his own insecurities than his anger towards her.. 
Oh he most certainly hated being called jijaji, or uncle during Dasehra, :) he only loved laad governor.. Her exclusive rights on him.. 
Naam laal.. It almost entered the  Webster dictionary as a metaphor.. Like Rabba veying as a full fledged verb..he perhaps always noticed it with her in his proximity and her breath racing.. First time letting it out.. As much as he loved her for himself he equally loved to be taken in by how she is effected by him.

Thank you aarwen.. Thoroughly enjoyable..

Thank you Indu (taking the liberty of calling you by your name if you don't mind) .  Okay I can't think coherently of all the other things you wrote because I am having a laughing fit reading that line in orange above. 🤣 

Arnav's bonding with buaji and amma gives this man such a gentle edge right? And I like what you say about Khushi understanding his anger. She would always rave and rant about scary laad governor but would rush to take care of him or even just get a glimpse of him every time. Made the whole story so much more exciting and magical when in the midst of trying to ignore each other they would feel all the farak padta hai in the world for each other. Well, all the happenings in Gupta house are very funny, sweet and nice but I have to agree with what you wrote to Indi di . Those poolside tensions and divine attraction, I miss that too.

Oh and forgot to mention thank you for liking my edit 😊 .
Edited by aarwen - 10 years ago
Crazy4IPK thumbnail
episode-233

Shyam became crazy not to find his soap by the poolside. And fortunately he found it with Babli, who was engraving something on the soap. She is not ready to give it back to Shyam. But eventually she agreed when he promised to get her some transparent glycerin soap. After getting the soap from Babli the creep thinks to make the key as fast as possible.

To welcome their precious son in law Gupta ladies decorated their front yard with colorful Rangoli.

"look how beautiful rangoli they made to welcome you."

When Arnav starts to come across the rangoli, Khushi admonishes him to step there, cause the rangoli will spoil. Arnav rankles,

"then let's go back, why spoil the rangoli."

Khushi shows him how to come across the rangoli. By stepping on the blank spot of the design, her lissome body flounces over the rangoli in an easy gait. As if she is a butterfly in the flower garden. Isn't she the butterfly of Arnav's garden? Buaji named her right, titliya. When she reaches the patio, she tells Arnav to come the way she came. Arnav looks baffled, how to meander across the rangoli without spoiling it. khushi keeps instructing him where to put the step. Poor man, with hand full of bags totters on the meander. But he still follows his predominant crazy wife's frivolous instruction obediently. When he is almost half of the way, she tells him to lift his hand up and turns around.

"Aab hath upar karke ghoom jaiye."

Like a submissive husband he follows her instruction without realizing that it's one of her prank. She smiles mischievously when he did so. She actually wanted him to dance on her finger. Today is her lucky day; the vicissitude is in favor of her for sure. She made ASR agreed to stay in her house and now she is making him dance on her tune. ASR roils, so she relents, tells him to give his hand. She holds his hand with her both hands. Both look at each other intently. For a moment they become oblivious of their animosity and get lost in each other's eyes. Khushi again tries to acerbate him,

Shall I leave your hand? No, if I leave your hand then the rangoli will spoil."

With a strong pull she brings him to the patio and he lands so close to her. khushi is thin, but strong for sure.

Arnav's hand is entwined with her both hands; their close proximity agitates both of them. She leaves his hand and says sarcastically,

"aab aap ek sadharan admi ki tarah chal sakte hai. Rangoli naach khatam."

(now you can walk like a normal person, cause the rangoli dance is finished.)

Arnav gives her an angry glare.

Morning shows the day. ASR started his journey at gupta house by dancing on Khushi's tune. And khushi will try her best to keep doing it. feeling a pang of pity for my sexy boy.

After doing the acrobatic rangoli dance they finally knock the door. An over enthusiastic Buaji opens the door and greets them cordially.

"nand kissore has come." For the first time damadi came to her house, her happiness knows no bound. She hugs Khushi and Arnav as well. Arnav looks a bit awkward. When bua doesn't tell them to come inside Khushi asks her, where is everybody. Bua excitedly calls Garima, who comes and welcomes them with Aarti. When she is about to feed Arnav Prasad, Khushi warns her not to feed him, "he has sugar disease."  Instead she eats it and looks at him derisively. Arnav looks a bit annoyed; he wanted to eat the Prasad I guess. When he addresses Garimaji aunty, Khushi retorts him,

"Kya aunty amma kahiye naa."

Bua gets surprised to see too many bags of Khushi. 

Surprisingly the nosy neighbors followed them in their personal yard as well.😆

Arnav sits in the living room of GH. All the ladies go inside to the kitchen to get food for him. Arnav and babuji alone in the living room, an awkward moment again. He asks him how is he doing. babuji nods his head, he looks convalescing well. When the three ladies come back with the food, Arnav recollects what anjali and mami told him about the khatirdari of the sasural. He gets a bit scared. But when they kept the dishes in front of him he gets even more scared, cause they served him all the bland food, without, oil, spice and less salt. Bua tells him that this all are good for his health, like,

"As if I don't eat anything." He grimaces inwardly to see the insipid food. Amma tells him that they intentionally made this healthy food, as Khushi told about his sickness. He glares Khushi angrily and Khushi gives him an assenting moue. He refuses to eat and moreover he starts to sweat in heat. Why he is wearing three piece in delhi's hot summer weather? Though I am very much annoyed on Khushi for playing with his meal again, but I guess he would've fallen sick to eat all spicy oily food in this hot summer  weather. But I didn't know that our man loves spicy food, not bland food. Amma can see his discomfort. She tells bua to turn on the cooler. Bua runs to turn on the cooler. Rather cooling, the cooler makes shrill sound. Because of that they have to scream now.

"Is the breeze coming?  Bua asks, completely blocking the cooler with her gigantic figure.

"if you move then the breeze will come." Khushi moves bua aside. But Arnav is still sweating. Amma suggests bua to bring the cooler near Arnav.

"zor lagake haiya."  two elderly women start to pull the heavy cooler near Arnav. amma warns bua not to pull that much as the cooler what is connected with the electric line without a plug, is getting disconnected.

"Leave it, seriously. I'm ok."  Arnav is in predicament.

A solution comes to bua's mind. She tells Arnav to get up.

"It is said that well can't come to the thirsty, but a thirsty can come near the well...Kua piyasa ke pass nahi a sakta hai, lekin piyasa to kue ke pass jaa sakta hai naa."

Arnav is now completely nonplus what to do. He gets up and the three ladies bring the table near the cooler. Arnav is simply stupefied, he even can't understand whether he should help them or not. He sits down and bua again asks with exuberance, is the air coming? All looks at Arnav with a question in their eyes. But the man who always lives under the AC is still sweating. Amma tells bua to increase the speed and eventually the knob breaks, makes bua flabbergasted and so as everybody. Arnav starts to hiccup now. Amma runs to get water and sugar for him and Khushi starts to pat his back.

"who is missing you? I'm here by your side."  Khushi asks him quizzically feigning shyness. She keeps guessing who can miss him, naniji, no, or di, no, hariprakash, no, he is still hiccupping. "laxmiji?" he now is in extreme pique and gives Khushi a stern look. And surprisingly his hiccup also stops. Khushi gets jovial to know that Laxmi is missing him. Khushi is not sparing any chance to irritate him. But I think there is a possibility of Laxmi to miss him. like us Laxmi also would have a crush on him. Remember we are all the phangoatia, I mean fangirls.😆

Bua tells amma to bring sweets for him. khushi again reminds them about his diabetes.  they made sugar free lauki and gazar halwa for him. but after eating such insipid food, Arnav is not in a mood to eat anything at all.

"seriously I don't need sweets. Thanks."  He gets up to wash his hand. Khushi is smiling mischievously. Amma can feel that he didn't like the food. khushi retorts back, he liked it, his health is not well that's why he didn't eat that much. she goes to see whether he needs anything .

I really don't know this insensible Khushi who played with his meal again. I can forgive her for the last time when Arnav fainted, cause that time she though he ate lunch in office. And how she repented that night, I guessed she will never play games with his meal again. so this time it's unpardonable. Moreover I never liked Khushi mocked his illness.

Arnav comes to wash his hand on the patio, where a broken mirror and cheap bar soap welcome him.

no hand wash"  ASR now is frustrated.

Khushi comes there to rub more salt on his wound, "do you need anything?" he gives her a loathsome look, doesn't even in a mood to retribute. Bua calls her and Khushi tells her that she is coming to make poori and aloo for herself.

"crispy pooriya!" she is excited to eat all the scrumptious food.

Arnav looks at her with bewilderment. After feeding him tasteless food she will now eat all tasty poori and aloo. She will make jalebi too. She runs inside in excitement.

Frustrated Arnav calls Aman to send his toiletries and towels. He looks his image on the broken mirror in resentment,

"Kaha phaas gaya mai." (where I am trapped?)

Classy and Dainty ASR has to see his reflection on the broken mirror now. he literally has slumped in the dirty cesspool.

This broken mirror is used just for comedy or does it have any significance? Is it the indication of his broken path ahead, like kidnapping and all? Don't know, have to read Faiqa's take again to get to know.

Gosh I was getting embarrassed to see the broken mirror.I didn't get it why Gupta family didn't throw this? Or they love to keep spare things like broken mirror, used gift wrap, etc.😆

Babli is making something special for Akash. Payal comes there trying to be affable with her, but she still shows her attitude. The previous day she didn't even enjoy the movie with Payal. Payal suggests her to put some blue on her project, she thinks Akash will like it. Babli retorts her immediately; she doesn't need her advice, cause she knows Akash better than her. Payal still tries to be amicable with her. She asks her whether she did any mistake!

."you came here, that is your mistake."  Mami interveness with her paltry attitude. Payal ignores her insolence and asks Babli whether she should tell Akash to get some cartoon for her? Babli refutes, she doesn't like cartoon or moreover if she needs anything, she herself will ask to Mr. A. this little girl is a spoil brat.

The terrible breakfast is over. Khushi is cleaning up the table.

By keeping her glasses on her head, bua is groping everywhere for her glasses. Khushi is in her full sanka mood today. She sees it on bua's forehead, but doesn't help her to find it, rather smiles at her carelessness.

The door bell rings and Khushi opens it. Vimla masi is here pretends that she is surprised to see Khushi, but actually she saw Khsuhi coming with her husband. She tries to sneak inside, whether she can take a look of Khushi's husband or not. Bua is surprised to see her at this hour. She came to borrow some milk. Khushi is baffled, "milk in a bowl? Is she petting a cat?" She answers her perfunctorily, her interest is more to watch Khushi's husband. Khushi brings milk for her, but she had to leave without seeing the precious damad. Khushi is bewildered, what they are searching inside the house?

Bua is still looking for her glasses and this time Khushi makes her wear the glasses from her head.

Again someone is on the door. Amma opens and another neighbor Lata is here she came to return sugar, what she borrowed before. She also is trying to look for something. Amma is confused, when she borrowed sugar? Bua now understand the reason of so many visitors. Khushi asks her,

"Buaji what happened to everybody, aye, jhake aur chale gaye."

Amma is still thinking when did she borrow sugar. Bua now tells them that this are all excuses to see damadji. She asks Khushi when damadji's work will finish. Khushi tells them that his work will never finish, but why delaying in the shubh kaam. She shouldn't feel embarrassed to introduce him with people.. She insists her to go to talk to Arnav about it. After sending amma and bua to Arnav's room, she mutters in exultance,

"age age dekhiye hota hai kya laad governor"

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=aJ1uZzCbpaw[/YOUTUBE]

credit goes to the maker

plz ignore typos.
gifs credit goes to tumblr.
Edited by sohara - 10 years ago
Crazy4IPK thumbnail

Originally posted by: indi52

episode 236

"just get out, khushi, aur mujhe nahane do!"

i hear a lot of heroes with this hate ya madly or don't want you near me thing these days on tv, saying shut up get out, etc., in english too at times, but the deep dense intimacy asr brings to his ire, gussa, nafrat, irritation... not one does.  some are downright ludicrous, some not too bad, but this thing... so much nuance, voice, eyes, body language, all so tuned to who asr is, what he feels, why he says what he says, how he is, what is essentially him, undeniable and one of a kind really. i am always grateful that i got to the tv screen one fine evening.

Loved what you said about Barun's way of dialogue delivery. Barun is outstanding. no other hero from TV can even come a bit close to him. He is better than all the bollywood heroes of current time.

khushi is delaying him... so she can haul him out for a tubewell bath

i sat tight watching, i would examine the scenes i decided, but at one point it all got to me... i skipped... this is all wrong. the khushi i know would never do this to him, her revenge is taken her way... but in private. she has every reason to be completely hurt by him, and furious too. but to me, messing with his foood is not khushi. khsuhi as who she is, that is. and this bath, well, definitely alien abduction.

i also have the same feelings. Don't know why they tried to ruin her character.

having said that i have been thinking and going nuts. finally, reading from real life and my most flawed self... yes, under duress people do crazy things. crazy crazy things. khushi perhaps wanted him to feel insulted too, not just learn how the other half lives... yes we do stuff not "normal" at all... we err... 

what was sorely missing was what we do after that. asr did it... but khushi never really did. she never ever thought through these thing. nor apologised.

She didn't apologise, cause she didn't feel guilty of doing so. I agree that she crossed her limit out of fun, but she didn't hurt him like Arnav did. I can't compare this prank with the afflictive words what he said to her every now and then.

again, i feel because audience is mainly female... there is a lot of "buttering" going on by mainline television. so while all our stories finally convert you to an "achhi bahu", and we have no place whatsoever in our lives for girls who are not married nor girls with ambition other than marriage... we try and keep you happy by saying you are "devi", you are flawless... you are too good...

you. are. never. wrong.

this is ridiculous. even dangerous. 

so... asr, on behalf of khushi, may i please apologise to you for that unforgivable pull out onto the street. both amma and bua ji were horrified too. but the biggest sorry really for treating you like a moron... in your towel (and i love large white turkish tawliyas), with your eyes closed, you walked out of the house, down steps, onto the street, without even realising you were out in the open? no breeze on your beautiful skin so exposed for trp, no sound in your ear with those most devastating lobes, no sense in your head to calculate, o shatir one, that this can only be the road and that water from some well there? sorry sorry sorry...

I wonder how cum he just couldn't feel that he is outside. really where his shatir dimag gone?

and see, star plus, production house, writer... i am one of your most devoted female viewers of this show and i have survived being less than perfect and apologising when i realised my folly.

khushi would have too.

in fact, that would have made her truly wonderful... original. without that, she feels just cantankerous and unresolved, nutty but not cutely so. 

"khushi, tum meri beizzati kar rahi ho..." he was so natural... khushi, you are insulting me before all... he said it as she explained to an onlooker that he was asr, the owner of... khushi gave him an sp achhi bahu lecture... but he was right... that is exactly what she was doing.

throwing khushi out on to the stone floor by the pool was not right. dropping her from his office floor was not right. taking him out for a tubewell bath, without his knowledge, was not right. all of them came as a result of some provocation... but as actions they were all galat. 

achhi bahu talk, garib amir talk, smart writing about how in which case people of middle class come out and willingly get beizzat every day as they have no choice. none of it saved the scene. not even the most perfect naked torso. here, asr, take your brown shirt, wear it and devastate me with just the inflection in your voice... i don't need bare body flaunted.

this so disgusting that to gain TRP they made him bare again and again.

"baat mat karo mujhse, i don't want to talk to you!" he was brusque, real, and he did look hurt... 

he knows why khushi does what she does... but he is hurt by the extent to which this is being taken... he will say as much when in a vulnerable moment he will call gh ghatiya, a couple of episodes down. 

izzat is key here.

to arnav singh raizada, that izzat of his is really all he had left when everything collapsed. he has worked very very hard to be respected. he was the son of  a man who played with women and whose mother committed suicide because of that... imagine the gossip and curiosity around it. pays wit your sense of respect.

then his uncle threw them out onto the street, again showing great disrespect to them as people. ridiculing them.

clings to you these feelings of shame and failure, on the skin it sizzles... asr needs to be respected, even if he is not loved, for perhaps he has decided di's love is enough, but that respect?

crucial to him.

khushi plays with that. knowingly.

can we forgive everything in the name of sanka? 

yet, strangely, despite his anger and hurt, he finally lets it pass. arnav singh raizada truly does get my respect for that.

he looks very very upset as he sits to work.

"of courrrse, no electricity... annnd no battery." man is angry. who wouldn't be.

"bijli aa gayi...!" the electricity is back, he runs to charge the phone. cute. "suniye, khana lag giya" khsuhi apprises him that they are ready to eat.

"no! phir se wahi bakwas tasteless khena..." no, again that bad tasteless food. he looks fragile...

a decision is made...

and buaji opens the door to receive the parcel she hasn't asked for...

a paanch hajaar/five thousand rupee bill, lovely how the two women try to pay it... because how can you ask the son in law to pay.

"shayad unhe khana accha nahin laga hoga na, iss liye manga liya hoga..." garima feels a pang in her heart, she has been cooking stuff she normally wouldn't and he has perhaps not liked it so he has ordered food...

they empty out the their bags and coffers to pay...  that rupee by rupee add up, something so endearing there, they want to keep his izzat...

how nice these poor people are!

bua ji is natural, real as is amma. money from dibbe waley businness  of kkgsr and bua ji's husband's pension money go toward paying the five star bill.

i am thinking, oh no, now what has this matter of fact man gone and done. didn't he learn from the ac incident?

and khushi is angry... no thought of the bruising of his self respect just a while ago. she knows arnav singh raizada can do awful things, hurt her folk. oh the layers of misunderstanding about each other these two have.

"arre khana aa gaya aapne mujhe bulaye tak nahin... paise aapne..." brown man appears, oh the food is here, why didn't you call me... the money... he reaches for wallet.

the ladies can't take money from him...

and a love for the people in khushi's life begins to grow here, to him they were elders whom he was supposed to respect... he tried to do that. the ac thing had told him he had hurt their pride and self respect though he had not meant to. 

but bua ji's fussing and amma's gentle care had started a connection quite different. one of love, not just distant respect. just as khushi grew close to his fam, he is getting attached to hers. 

... he is totally at a loss, they paid, he didn't mean them to and bua ji is all set to start cooler, "baitho bitwa baitho baitho..." such open happy loving, how can a boy who lost this touch of simple unaffected love all those years ago, not respond to this. "asr ke seene mein dil nahin hai..." asr doesn't have a heart in his breast, he had said long ago, nothing could be further from the truth. 

He never got such pure love what he got from bua and Amma. though his family loved him, but the care was always missing. Specially I'm really upset with Anjali. She couldn't give her the tantamount love what he gave her.

the heart was always there... hurt, vulnerable, behind a protective fort of no faraq, and yet it wanted to be loved... asr simply disarmed, flows toward this clean love.

his "ji buaji," easy, gentle, so telling... he is feeling pretty awkward.

considering what khushi did... really the boy is nand kissore.

"arre, maine sabke liye mangwaya..." 

he has got food not just for himself... for everyone. 

beautiful beautiful scene... how much this arrogant unthinking man who cares not for middle class people who has to be taught so much has thought of each person.. the best he can...

instantly it registers with khushi. the music of their feelings wafts in. she is completely surprised and touched.

"yeh mushroom soup, ekdam mild hai... matlab halka hai, uncle ke liye..." mushroom soup easy and mild for babu ji, asr fishes out the pack and hands over... something so loving in the way he does it. matter of fact loving asr ishtyle.

khushi feels sall sorts of things, she had just assumed something... but no it wasn't so. and when was the last time someone got something specially for babu ji... he knows how much she loves him, is that why he thinks of the soup first, i wonder... 

then the sweetest thing ever, for the wife who he is angry with and hurt by even... "aur yeh pasta red sauce, spicy hai... woh... khushi ko teekha khana accha lagta hai..." he has ordered a spicy pasta, because she likes hot food, the opposite of what he likes.

this very tender side of asr, always there. a complete contrast to his other side it is. i find this natural, life like. he is a full deep character, every trait of his has weight, nothing bland about him. and to spike and accent it, his particular brand of gussa.

"toh maine socha ki... khushi ko teekha pasand hai..." so i thought... khashi likes spicy... he sort of lets it hang in the air. khushi is close to tears.

she holds the box... i am thinking of that "tum kuch kha lena" day when he had handed her a box of food and she had been so touched though she didn't know why; bemused, she had sat staring at the food. and he had just wanted to give it to her himself, though ostensibly he was doing it to help di... that day they had warred constantly and he had been hurt by her describing him negatively to the kids and he had felt really bad for misjudging her, not replying to her call. he had also been grateful to her for what she'd done for di... of course, the ankh micholi playing with op had left him totally spun weirdly.. layers of feelings of so many kinds they always ignite in each other.

and today as well. it's not that simple ever. anger hurt tenderness hate laughter more, many things tie them to each other.

"yeh macaroni white sauce, aap ko achha lagega..." this white sauce with mac, you will like... he has got that for the two ladies.

bua ji and amma are terribly touched, a tad shy too, and they have no idea how to eat the stuff.

for this scene really, the episode sparkled with beauty. pretty rare this beauty.

the bad boy who doesn't know how to live the way they live, knows how to love the way they love it seemed. he watched them intently for a bit, saw his ma in law struggling with her fork, then showed her how to use it. 

... this episode is really about these two and a boy... about a distant damad who became like a son, though he couldn't call anyone mother. 

very well said.

"aunty, isse aise khate hain..." aunty, it's eaten like this. asr solves, directs, talks straight, does what he thinks is right. never meant to hurt anyone... as he feels their love he seems to blosson...

khushi watches her fam being shown love by her husband, she is entranced by the happiness around the table, he brings it. he has watched her doing exactly this too at his place. the feelings these moments generate finally hold sway.. the bad nasty wretched feelings have to give way.  

beautiful detailing by director of the two women warming to this overture by damad ji. bua ji is spectacular, ah those many expressions. music is mellifluous. feelings murmur, a family bonds, over small little gestures and looks, so much happening, very ipk.

he asks tentatively, "aap ko khana achha laga... " do you like the food? unbelievable... i am thinking. look what a bit of love from the heart does to this softie. he is not thrusting his taste down their throat, he wants to know if they like it; it's important, he wants to get it right and he wants them to enjoy the meal. the faux pas of last evening perhaps makes him want this even more.

i remember him watching with a moving smile as his whole fam gathered around shyam while he made jalebis, the day after teej. these things have always mattered to him, but he has chosen to watch from a distance... now, he is ready close the distance, get involved, be part of it... 

loved what you said. He had so much inhibition before, but after getting close to Khushi's family he is opening up more.

bua ji is totally smitten with her rude damad, she bursts out, "bahut achha haai... itna majaa aaya!" is's very good, really enjoyed... 

amma gives a sweet gesture of approval.

and just as you think this is so lovely, the sugar is controlled. not good for a man with diabetes, after all.

and so mohan comes with news.

asr sees the suv. minus wheels, sitting on bricks. expression that was soft and puppy dog cute hardens instantly. what the goes all the way to "f".

"khushi, ek minute bahar aao..." coe out for a minute... he is tense but trying not to yell and scream before the family. 

asr music is starting. war coming up... we are being conditioned and prepared. 

and holding her hand he charges down the steps.

hmm, he is very angry, but no need to do that cheek thing in front of the whole world, asr.

"aap ki seat, ab aap kahan baithenge..."  khushi's mouth opens, eyes go saucer like, hands come up to cover mouth. she is horrified. Only the shell of the suv remains, everything is gone.

"gadi ke spare parts kahan hai... abhi batao..." where are the spare parts, tell me now. he is harsh. can i blame him for thinking she is the culprit, given the last few days.

she is upset that he accuses her of stealing, but he "bloody well can" assume that because her brain can think that way... and neatly comes in the humiliating early moments of episode. if you can devise that public bath, you can do anything.

"sahi hai, tum mujhe pareshan karne ke liye kuch bhi kar sakti ho..." to hassle me, you can do anything.

and just as we saw at the head of episode, the mohalla slowly gathers around.

"humne kuch nahin kiya..." i've done nothing.

"agar nahin bhi kiya toh bhi galti tumharo hi..." if you haven't also, even then it is your fault. 

divine senselessness. 

yes, everything is khushi's fault. who told her to appear before him, fall into his arms, tremble those lips and go straight to someone's heart piercing right through that fortress wall, through each and every faraq nainn padta. yes, khuhi, it is your fault. exactly as once she had yelled, "sab aapki galti hai," so here... your fault. bas.

and a nice husband wife fight. 

call police.

don't tell me what to do. i have already called.

good... then come and eat.

i wont go inside till spare parts come.

"theek hai, khade rahiye tab tak jab tak khud ke purze kharab na ho jaaye..." fine, keep standing, till your parts all stop working. teehee. um, what does that robbing of each car part mean? all his insides are stolen by this mad wife of his and getting spruced up nicely?

she tells him to calm down, neighbours watch. 

"right, sab mujhe nahate hue dekh sakte hain, lekin chillate hue nahin!" right, everyone can watch me bathing but not shouting.

got to give it to the angry asr. he's got a point. shatir connection, my dear man.

girl storms in.

hot man leans against car, of course after banging it once. characteristically. aadat se majboor.

yeh shyam nahin mastani.

a quick mention of shyam ji the boringly evil. he is angry with the locksmith for taking time.

he loudly talks to no one in particular about "badiya mauka", great chance. something very unpolished in the way shyam is directed. unnecessary typical serialness. he was so interesting when it al started.

damad ji...

mama ji find shim here. he even sees the soap with the key impression. he comments this damad's ajeeb aadat... earlier he was there when the wire in the pool incident happened. yet he never connected anything. they simply disappeared him.

it's a trend of IPK not closing the loops.unbelievable. how could they disappeared such important character.

while one damad took big steps toward becoming a son, the other who always behaved like a son again showed his true colours. green and vicious.

last thought: all about food this episode... eating together, feeding, such primal human ways of bonding, trusting, creating community. and over this spread a delightful feast of emotions... the starter was a little off, but the main meal, lovely, and the sugar free dessert, wah wah... especially upset man standing leaning against his robbed ransacked car ... and that topping of, so they can watch me bathe but they can't hear me shout.

stupendous!
I know you are frustrated about the public bath. Me too, when the episode was first aired. But forgive the crazy girl, like ASR forgave her. Since they met, ASR caused her too much pain, so I ignored her prank. she gave too much in this relationship. She bore a heavy toll, so just forgive her.
you beautifully depicted the meal scene. yes it was such a warm scene that made me emotional as well.
And ASR proved himself all the time that he was the nand kishore for both Raizada and Gupta family.
the lines I marked blue, stood out for me.
My comments are in purple.
aarwen thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

Episode 240 

The entire population of Lakshmi Nagar is queuing up to get broken old junk fixed by the great Arnav Singh Raizada. How our shows like to exaggerate sometimes! All this is in retaliation to his declaration that Arnav Singh Raizada can do anything.  He who was used to shouting out orders and having people cowering in front of him has finally met his match in this spontaneous crazy loving girl. She dares to challenge ASR, whenever he gets too complacent with himself. Makes Arnav see his mistakes, shows him how the world thinks and lives, even manages to thaw the icy exterior and reach the mushy soft interior. Basically turns his world upside down and he can't get enough of her.

Everyone is still waiting while khushi tries her best to get her husband to do the work. She is actually willing to buy body wash, let him sleep on the bed to get him to do this. Ever pragmatic he reasons out that he can go shopping himself and of course he doesn't want her sleeping away from him. His shatir dimag is on an overdrive.  She should have made better offers which he would have had no chance to resist. "Main jo chahta hun tum wo karogi?", while holding her gaze and taking those deliberate steps towards her.  How they like to play with our not so innocent imaginations! She stutters and he has that hint of a smile on his countenance. Alas nothing like what I hoped does the raizada repair center owner propose.. Instead Arnavji wants to go back to shantivan.  Deal or no deal, right now. If he leaves all his clients this speechless and charmed no wonder he is this most successful business man at this young age. He is fixing everything. She stands smiling enjoying this opportunity to get an unrestricted view and valid excuse to look at her competent, handsome, sweaty, tired husband. Even in the middle of being very busy he does not forget to glare at this jhalli letting her know she is always there in his thoughts.

"Makai ka bachcha ..ka natak hai sasura".. Haha buaji's expressions and amma's hand movements. Awesome! How hard they are trying to do all they can for damaadji. And this time it is not merely out of duty or fear but out of lots of affection for the dear boy. Immensely enjoyable scene as they try to cook something which they know he likes to eat. Taiji the man is already extremely intelligent! Only his wife can get him into these situations. I love how buaji in all her directness announces that her son in law is a priceless diamond , owner of chain of industries and should not be treated as a mechanic. She scares and throws all the neighbors out. She is also smart enough to catch on the eye movements of babua. Sanka devi gets her ears pulled and a telling off on how to treat her husband. He is your husband, treat him with respect and dignity... "lihaaz karo".. And he looks from behind like a kid who has managed to complain to the teacher and get his best friend rightfully scolded. 

In their fights they quite often forget the external eyes watching their relationship. He has no qualms in ignoring the crowd as he picks her in his arms in a mandir or letting his employees get the impression he is proposing an illicit affair to get her home. And she will not think twice before barging unannounced into meetings or making him do all this crazy stuff in her house. Being slightly more mature he does set right some misunderstandings, slapping the demeaning employee an example, while she usually doesn't even bother doing that. Their own private world. Their own rules. Their very own game of love which bars them from expressing what is truly in their heart but still ensures that both emerge winners.

I don't mind five minutes of screen time to look at Barun's posture, gestures while listening to his grave concentrating voice. A bit senile buaji follows him apologizing, pacifying.  "nai buaji".. Oh he is being patient and loving as he tries to explain to buaji what a bluetooth is. I can imagine Aman biting back laughter on the other end. Stylish rolling of his hands as he walks away. And then after this almost aristocratic elegance we have to endure the next scene as well...

The problem is some things just don't feel right with a character. Like the towel dance, I can't bear him slipping on cow dung. The shudder, exasperation that follows makes me forget this is a character penned down on paper. I get indignant on behalf of the suave Arnav and am mortified that he has to bear everyone gaping at him in this state. Absolutely possible to slip and fall and be covered in dirt for anyone. It is just that this is happening to Mr Raizada and his wife unfazed enjoys on, that makes me squirm while watching. She even manages to irritate him further by gesturing and not talking when he angrily warns her, "don't say a word". There is a certain sense of insensitivity that makes this scene awkward for me than plain humorous. Akash getting glued to a chair works but Arnav sliding and falling on a street with Khushi heartless does not work for me.

It does give her a chance to have a little water sport with laad governor. Maybe everyone just likes him drenched. And even now her laughter as she enjoys spraying the water and her temporary victory have him feel happy too. One of the rare times or is it the only time when a hey hey hey seemed a bit forced. It is definitely possible but doesn't feel perfect that's all.. Amma complains to Payal how Khuhsi keeps troubling damaadji. I am left wondering he was being genuinely nice to her family and hasn't been very nasty to her either could she have called a truce for now? But some wounds aren't that easily healed.

Finally it is time for that one scene.. She comes looking like a pretty angel. And he is behaving exactly like the son of the house doing work for buaji. Fate has them poised exactly where they had to be. I like Sanaya's voice here. Soft with gravity, sincerity. She is all dignity interspersed with innocence. He eavesdrops. His face reflecting worry. How will his dearest khushi handle the questions. But at times like this the woman steps forward and stuns him as well as us. Lehenga, jhumke, churiyaan, payal, tika.. all adornments of a bride which she did not get a chance to enjoy. She has spent hours gazing at the stars planning this grand event of her life. Giggling with jiji about it. A dance,  saree, bangles, bindi, he had given her all and she had come to associate his face with her prince charming. Her racing heart had eagerly shyly joyously found that one person who would make all these dreams a reality. Make them more precious as she would get to share them with him. 

And then at the peak of their courtship, at the brink of certainty of bliss had come his quiet, deadly, curt low voice.. "shaadi karni hogi..mujhse..abhi..6 mahine ke liye.". With her answers she slowly weaves the fantasy that she could only long for in reality. Continues to disarmingly smile for the sake of those wonderful dreams.. for the sake of her friends.. for the sake of her own sanity, self respect and also for the sake of her own Arnavji. Yes, the man she would love to hate. Tries desperately to be unconcerned about but just can't. Her own betraying heartbeat knowing it belongs to that one other who has ruthlessly crushed it. Even then it refuses to not be owned by that very man.

At that very precise moment she looks up and in the mirror is a reflection of the same torment she is going through. He stands there glued, unable to tear his eyes away. Barun's lips pulled down much more assymetrical in the reflection. Her khol enhanced beautiful tantalizing eyes gaze at him seeking an answer. He looks away as rabba ve decides to mourn out in touching melody. When he did this he only thought of di or maybe he did not think at all. His anger was directed at his khush and jeejaji. He did not think what it would do to this always cheerful soft hearted uncomplicated girl. In this minute I think it no longer mattered to him if she was this evil scheming planning home wrecker. Even then he would still wish her to have her perfect wedding to a loving husband. He would willingly die a thousand deaths to be able to fulfill her dreams.  If only life could have been this simple! It was not. His shoulders hunch a little more with a reminder of the unbearable burden he has to bear. He had unfeelingly roughly dragged her to the temple steps. He who did not believe in marriage had decided to tie himself up to the girl who had crushed his newly awakened heart. Marriage mattered to her. She had clenched her eyes shut, tears streaming down her delicate features as he made her his.  He had bound them together. Isn't that what they had desired? But the bond came with an expiry date. All the dreams and crazy happy giddy love were lost. No, there cannot be any respite. His devastated eyes are drawn back to hers as he relives each painful shattering second of that dark decisive night. Kyu dard hai itna tere ishq mein?