Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AnotherAdmirer thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: -silhouette-

That was treat to read. Can I just say what an amazing SS? It was simply written with a great storyline and nice moments. I loved the understanding between the two and the religion aspect you put inside it. :D please do continue.

Thanks dear for your kind review. I am glad you liked it :)
I have a very dramatic style of narrative, it makes me really happy to hear from readers that I managed to keep it simple. 😳
AnotherAdmirer thumbnail

Originally posted by: preity_d

read two of ur chappys wow your r awesome grl... m just fav ing the page... u know the more I am reading the more I am getting hooked to it... u started from a very twisting turn with an interesting twist.. waiting to read how will zaya end up falling in love in ur story... loved the bed scene the most... 

nind nai aa rai hain?
light off kar du... concered aaliya said.
nai, zain
aww how cute they were... and aaliya slept while reading and she was clutching zain thinking him a pillow ... aww romantic, eh... keep going and pm me pretty plz, I am adding u in the buddy list

Hiee ! :D Thanks a bunch dear 🤗
Now I feel sad coz we are nearing it's end. 
I had this plot in mind, the moment I heard the 30 day challenge thing. I hate to break it to you, but love is far away, and this is a short story. Nevertheless you will get a happy ending, be assured :) 😳
AnotherAdmirer thumbnail

Originally posted by: ---Shweta---

My Most Favorite Scene though all are My Favorites. 😃

Zain stood at the doorway breathing in the fresh air of Bhopal, making firm his resolve he knocked at the door, it flew open from the light pressure of his hand. He stepped in looking around at the empty hall room.

'Phups ! Aliya !' he called out. 'Phups!'

Nervous yet determined, he stood in wait. It was time to sort out matters for Aliya. His family had been pretty cool about their decision, yet his phup's was upset and he couldn't let Aliya deal with it alone.

'Zain!' Aliya gasped surprised to see him at the door.

'Aliya you stupid!' Zain scolded walking towards her. 'Look at what you have done! How could you leave just like that?'

'Excuse me!' Aliya scrunched up her nose offended.

'No you excuse me!' he glared. 'Now I will handle everything coz you have done such a great job at it'

'What is wrong with you?' Aliya asked surprised at his behavior.

'Where's phup's?' He asked walking past the hall, heading towards the rooms.

'Come here give me a hug' Shabana sighed pleased. Zain smiled as he offered her a hug, careful not to hurt her. Shabana noticed Aliya smile by the door and gestured her to join them. At first Aliya hesitated yet she couldn't ignore her mom's plea for comfort and rushed to her.

'My two precious kids' Shabana smiled blessing them. 'May Allah keep the two of happy and blessed always'

'Don't worry' she smirked placing her hand on her waist with her typical head tilt. 'I haven't mixed anything in it'

'No chance jaanu' he added with a wink getting back to his cell phone.

Aliya went back to her book, an hour more of turning through the pages, she yawned feeling sleepy, her eyes fell on Zain's sleeping form, she couldn't help but notice how innocent he looked in his sleep, with his eyes closed, his face serene. She shook her head with a soft smile as she noticed he still had his earphones on, bending forward she took them off careful not to wake him. She heard it for a fleeting moment and paused in surprise bringing the earphone closer to her, she was stunned to hear the beautiful verses of Surah fatiha play on his mobile, she grabbed his phone and chuckled inwardly on realizing that he had been playing namaz on loop, which recited to him all the Surah's he needed to learn. She switched off the audio in his cell phone quite amused herself as she placed it aside and turned back to her book. 

Aliya clutched at her soft warm pillow snuggling closer only to realize it was Zain she was holding onto, her hand shot up as though she had been electrocuted. She sat up blushing furiously,

Aliya's gaze locked on Zain as she noticed him wear a plain white salwar Kameez, she couldn't help but accept he looked his best today.

I think I have included all Zaya scenes coz you are a Fantastic Writer. 

Aliya is Happy and Proud to see change in Zain.

Eagerly Waiting for Next Part.

Update Soon. 😃

Thanks a bunch dear, glad you liked these moments, I enjoyed writing them :) 
AnotherAdmirer thumbnail

Originally posted by: Marci

I'm speechless, MashAllah, that was beautiful dear!!!

Loved, how Zain was listening to Surah's, added such a serene touch. 👍🏼

Amazing update, can't wait to read the next part!

Thanks a bunch Marci, coming from you, it means a lot :) You are a fantastic writer yourself. I love reading your works !
AnotherAdmirer thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Yuks-

This is a very nice story so far

Thanks, hope you like it further ahead as well :) 
AnotherAdmirer thumbnail

Thanks! :) Will sure do 
AnotherAdmirer thumbnail

Hello folks ! :D I am back with the third chapter. Sorry for the delay.

It's really lengthy. I was thinking of dividing into two parts, but that would be unfair on my part given the long wait.
Planned the SS in 4 parts, and will be sticking to it :)
Length: 5K+
Enjoy the read !  ^_^

Chapter 3: GamesWePlay

Ghulam and Zain entered their home at the early hour in the morning having prayed their Fajr Salah at the mosque. 

'Three days and everyone is marveling over you' Ghulam began overcome with joy. 'Osman Brother has raised you well'

He smiled as Zain looked at him surprised.  'I felt so proud as other fathers told me, that seeing you they took inspiration to wake up their boys and get them to the mosque' 

Meri wajah se? Zain thought in amazement. I just started praying myself! Three days have been good though. This feels great.

'My daughter is lucky to have you in her life' Ghulam continued. 'It was Allah's will, He saved my Aliya, otherwise that good for nothing boy would have made her life a living hell'

Zain's smile went small as he glanced at Ghulam's content face. 

'Take some rest, I will see you at breakfast' said Ghulam parting ways.

Zain held his head down, the thought of his phuppa's expectations weighing him down. He looked around the room not feeling sleepy the least bit.  I can go out; it's a beautiful city. Can't go far on foot though, will have to get a car first. He noted as an afterthought heading towards his room hoping to find something to keep himself busy for the meanwhile.

He stopped on his tracks as he heard Ayat's voice reach him from a room close by; she seemed to be repeating some equations over and over again. He knocked at her door quite curious at his little sister, her rambling stopped and a second later the door flew open. 

'Bhai jaan?' Ayat asked surprised to find him at her door early morning. 

'What are you doing at this hour?' Zain asked.

'Studying' she answered defensively. 'Why?'

'Oh Right! You have maths today' he recalled.

'Yeah Last exam' Ayat nodded. 'I will be free after that!' she smiled at the thought.

'And you study maths like that?' He asked surprised. 'Good luck sis'

'Bhaijaan, please don't scare me!' Ayat sighed.

'How many hours before exam?' He asked checking his watch.

'I have 2 hours' Ayat answered.

'Good enough. I will teach you' said Zain thinking fast. 'Let's head to the terrace'

'Really! You will teach me?' Ayat exclaimed. 

'When you have a brother like me, you don't have anything to worry about' he said with a confident smirk. 'Now quick if you don't want to flunk' he called heading upstairs. 

Ayat and Zain together placed a cot and settled with pens and papers in hand under the open sky. Time passed and the sun came up fully as the two engrossed in explaining and solving questions raised their heads from the books having solved the last question. 

'Thanks Zain Bhaijaan, you are awesome' Ayat smiled.

'That I am' Zain beamed. 

'I just pray that these type of questions come and I will be in bliss' Ayat beamed matching his confidence.

'It will go well' he smiled at her.

'If only I had approached you earlier!' she sighed.

'Yeah me or Aliya atleast' said Zain. 'Can't learn maths like a parrot'

'I asked Appi for help, she was no good'

'No good?' Zain asked surprised. Miss Know-It-All couldn't help? Surprising! He chuckled inwardly at the thought.

'Yeah, Maths was a troublesome subject for her too'

'Really! That's one more thing she can never beat me at'

Ayat chuckled merrily. 'Appi is lucky to have you'

'You should consider telling her that' he suggested, a handsome smirk spreading across his face.

-----------

Zain headed back towards his room, his mind coming up with ideas one after another. Aliya sat at one side of the bed, with a cup of tea and newspaper in hand, her mind wandering towards Zain in concern; he hadn't come back after fajr.

Zain entered his room and smiled in amusement at Aliya, who sipped her tea, her eyes scanning the news headlines. It was a morning routine of hers he had noticed over the past days spent with her.  She looked up at Zain as he entered, feeling relieved that he was back.

'Want tea?' she asked.

'No' he refused flopping down on the bed with ease, untying his shoe laces. She eyed his movements, surprised at the genuine smile that spread across his face. Zain flicked his shoes aside as he rested his back on the headboard.

'Zain!' Aliya sighed exasperated as she got up knowing well he wouldn't mend his ways, three days of continuous telling off he had yet again flung his shoes aside. Before she could reach, Zain jumped out of bed, picking his shoes and placing them properly next to the door.

'Sorry' he replied with a guilty face.

'Sorry?' Aliya repeated dumbfounded.  

Zain swiftly walked back towards the bed picking up the newspaper, hiding his smiling face behind it.

'I was reading' she emphasized tugging at the newspaper.

'Now I am reading' he retorted with a straight face pulling back the paper.

'Zain! This is my morning routine and you don't get to mess it up!' she warned tugging harder.

'Aliya, Reading morning paper won't make you any smart' he grinned not releasing his firm grip enjoying the banter.

She hopped into the bed, clutching onto the paper. 'That's for you to know slacker' she smirked happy at her retort.

'Oh you better grab a calculator' he matched her smirk.

'What did you say?' she flared up, her face reddening.

'You couldn't teach Ayat, How bad you must be!' he chortled, sending her temper rising.

Aliya huffed in annoyance and tugged at the paper with full force tearing it into half.

'No way!' she exclaimed in shock. 'I hate you' she sighed annoyed as she placed the torn paper aside.

'Feelings mutual' he chuckled heartily.

'So you were teaching Ayat all this while' she said quite amazed.

'It's her last paper today, you should do something for her' he suggested.

'You don't have to tell me, I have already planned something' she replied with a glint in her eyes.

'And what is that?' he asked interested.

'I am going to throw a party tonight' she smiled clasping her hands together with child-like enthusiasm. 'We are going to have close relatives, food and a fun game night'

Zain stared at her amused at her idea of fun as she picked a pen and started jotting down her plans. He shook his head at her muffling his laughter. Aliya rolled her eyes choosing to ignore him.

-----

It was around afternoon as he walked past the corridor peeking into each room on the way in search of Aliya, wondering where she had gone. That's when he caught the glimpse of her bright pink dupatta by a door wide open at the far corner of the corridor, soon he noticed her full form rummaging through a few boxes. He had never been to that room before, curious he approached her.

'What's this room?' he asked making Aliya jolt upright as she turned to glare at him.

'You scared me' she breathed. He chuckled at her as he entered further, the room now in full view, stacked with boxes.

'And It's the store room genius' she added getting back to her search task.

'What are you doing?' he asked looking around the contents.

'Searching for board games, can't find them' she answered. 'Here hold this box' she thrusted one into his arms and started climbing onto a chair.

'Tell me what you need' he said wanting to help.

'Just stand there' Aliya sighed reaching for the top shelf trying to grab a box, the chair shook dangerously. Zain placed aside the box in his hand and held Aliya by her waist as he put her down.

'Zain leave me!' she muttered furious getting rid of his grip. 'What was that?' she asked, frowning at his uncalled for behavior.

'You do all the work around here, ever thought what would we all do if you also end up hurt?' He said in a rough voice taking off his jacket as he climbed on the chair to get the box out.

Aliya stared at him in confusion, his care and concern was beyond her. He brought down the box and together they looked through the contents.

'I don't know half of these games' Zain mused going through them.

'We have game night once in a while. It's a family thing. You never played?' She asked surprised. 

'Dad was always busy with business and with my friends it was mostly football, by the time business stabilized, we had grown up busy with high school and tuitions. I don't think I missed out on anything though. He's the best dad ever besides I am more of an outdoor person' 

'Let's pick games for now' Aliya suggested surprised that Zain had shared this genuine side of him with her. 

'Eww what's this?' He frowned raising his smudged black hand. 

'That must be the ink bottle!' Aliya gasped.

Zain's cell phone rang taking their attention off the box. 'Can you attend it?' Zain asked his hands dirty. 

Aliya nodded taking the call. 'Chand Khala' she greeted in surprise.

Zain signed her to carry on as he headed out to clean his hands. 

Aliya felt overjoyed to hear from Chand Khala, she had been missing her and thinking of taking out time to call. There was a lot she had to speak about and share. 

---

Zain found Ayat enter home on his way back towards the store room. 'Champ is home' he announced approaching her. 'How was your paper?'

'Fab!' Ayat grinned wide. 

'That's great' they hi-fied in victory. 

'Where are others?' she asked looking around. 

'Party preparations are high' Zain told her with a smile, it was a relief to see Ayat happy and about. She had been immersed in her books the past few days.

'Party?' She exclaimed surprised. 

'Exams over, time for celebrations, isn't it?'

'Great!'

'I need your help' he added.

'With what?' 

'It's a secret' he grinned, whispering the rest in her ear.

--

He stood by the dining table watching Aliya as she worked in the sweltering heat all alone in the kitchen. She had saved herself twice from getting burned picking a cloth in time to hold the red-hot cooking utensil. She was bothered, he could tell, as she furiously worked with a continuous frown on her face.

'How long have you been cooking?' he asked as he entered, smelling the aroma of fresh spices and food.

'I am nearly done' she replied appearing miffed at him.

'This place is a furnace' he frowned, feeling the heat.

'Yes you better leave, I want to work here' she told him turning away. Zain ignored her and grabbed a spoonful of Biryani.

'This is delicious' he said relishing its taste.

She disregarded his complement picking a cloth ready to take the hot utensil off the stove.

'Let me do that' he grabbed the cloth from her getting a firm grip of the container. 'This is huge' he muttered getting an idea of how much it weighed as he lifted it off and placed it aside. Aliya pursed her lips glaring at him.

'I don't need your help. I am perfectly capable of throwing this party on my own'

'You don't have to do everything on your own' Zain smiled at her kindly. 'So tell me how can I help?'

'You? You will help me in the kitchen?' she asked surprised.

'Mom's a chef, Dad owns restaurants' he said with air of listing his qualifications. 'I lived off on my own for 7 years and survived. So yes I can cook'

'There's nothing to do. I am nearly done' Aliya sighed looking away. She didn't know why he was doing all this, being sweet to her, being caring and loving, when he didn't need to. Her mind told her the answer, yet she didn't want to believe it. ChandKhala's words repeated in her head. She couldn't believe this of him. Zain wasn't that mean, or was he?

'Aliya?' Zain waved his hand in front of her face finding her lost. 'Back to Earth Aliya!' She looked up at him surprised as he smiled once again, warmth emanating from him.

'An hour to the party, let's just get ready' she sighed heading out.

--

Zain stood in front of the mirror, dressed in his casual jeans and a black collared t-shirt. To his amusement he found Aliya lost in thought over two of her dresses which lay spread across on her bed. 

'Red one' he suggested peeking over her shoulder.

Aliya gasped shaken. 'Why do you keep doing that?' She asked exasperated.

'Didn't want to scare you' he said genuinely knowing she had been on the edge after the entire day's work.

'Well I am going for the light blue one' she said stubbornly picking the other dress.

'If you wear red, you will complement me' he added hoping she would pay heed to his advice.

'And why would I want that?' she asked.

'It will make everyone happy' he simply answered.

She scanned her eyes over the two dresses and picked the one he had suggested heading towards the washroom. 

Zain smiled at her simplicity. She was dazed and surprised with this new him and he was enjoying every moment of it. When it came to their arguments and bickering, she was a tigress and fought like one, but he had come to know the soft side of her, the one who lived deep inside, with her fair share of fairytale dreams. 

He only realized now as he helped her around, took care of her that she was as fragile as one can be behind the hard exterior she had built for herself.

----

One by one the guests had arrived, greetings were exchanged and seats were taken, the hall room had been lit bright with chatter and laughter ringing around, the party was on its full swing. Aliya's relative and cousins engaged in conversations with Zain, who felt like a special guest, given the attention he received. Soon dinner was served and things proceeded normally.

'This is getting boring' he whispered in Aliya's ear.

'Everything is smooth and perfect' Aliya replied with a smile. 'This isn't one of your Bangkok parties, where people dance the night away with music blaring in their ears. Now excuse me I have guests to attend to'

He watched her as she walked away mingling with the guests laughing along with her cousins. He had a feeling they were cracking a joke on him, Aliya smiled as she eyed him from far. He stared back defensively and walked away.

As the guests helped themselves with dinner, Zain spotted Shabana seated alone away from the crowd; he decided to spend time with her instead of feasting. 'Phup's what happened?' He asked as he sat next to her. 

'Nothing' Shabana answered with a sad face.

'Why the long face?' he asked not liking it one bit.

'Ever since Aliya and you have come to Bhopal, you both have hardly spent a handful of moments together. Aliya rarely has time for you. She has been working like a machine. It's all because of me' Shabana sighed. 

'Khabardaar' he warned holding her hands as he looked at her. 'Don't you even dare think like that, As for Aliya I am worried she's going to crash' he added with a chuckle. 'Kitna kaam karti hai' he wondered with a fondness etched in his voice.

Shabana smiled softly caressing his face with her hand. 'It pleases my heart to see you here, getting along with everyone.'

'I love it here' Zain smiled.

'Does Aliya make you happy?' She asked concerned. 

'What do you mean?' He whispered looking away hoping to dodge the question. 

'Everything happened in haste' Shabana explained trying to read his eyes. 'Bhaijaan came to us with your hand in marriage for Aliya, before we knew the Nikkah took place and the next day you all flew to Mumbai. I was worried when I learned from bhabhi that you two weren't happy together'

'But-' Zain interrupted.

'At the Walimah and then the newspaper incident' Shabana shuddered at the thought. 'I couldn't console myself, couldn't assure myself whether we had made the right decision that day. Was it a terrible day or a happy one? I don't have an answer'

'A happy one' Zain assured her with a smile. 'Our families bonded in a deeper stronger relation that day, how can it not be a happy one?' 

Shabana smiled still not content, he had managed to avoid her question and it troubled her.

Ayat interrupted them as she came with food set in a plate 'Ammi, This is for you. Zain Bhaijaan, you haven't taken anything. Should I make one for you too?'

'Thanks I will make one for myself though, you sit with phup's' he excused himself.

----

Aliya stood in the middle with guests crowding around her at the terrace under the open sky; it was time for her favorite part, Games. She had spent time planning and picking the right ones to keep her guests entertained. This was the moment she hoped everyone would remember.

Zain stood at the far corner out of sight loading a gun with his signature smirk; he raised it high taking an aim at Aliya, careful, it was his one chance. He couldn't mess it up. He held the trigger, balancing the gun, taking a sharp aim as he pulled the trigger and watched it hit its target.

BANG!

Aliya gasped as something hit her midriff, knocking the very breath out of her; the guests went quite as she looked down at the blotch of gooey orange liquid on her front with an incredulous face.

'PAINTBALL!' Zain announced sending everyone hurling in laughter. Aliya gaped at him her mouth forming a comical 'O'. Ayat as if on cue withdrew a bag from under the table passing on guns with color pellets. 'RULES! Game starts NOW' Zain called over everyone's heads.' Do not leave the terrace unless you get hit!' Zain doubled in laughter as he spotted Aliya march towards him with furious eyes. Paintballs pelted towards her and she ran for cover.

'Good luck with the game' Zain told Ayat running to his hiding spot. 

Soon people were aiming at each other, laughing aloud as they ran for cover with the elders leaving the terrace letting the young ones get on with the game.

'Ayat!' Zain called as he watched her pass by and pulled her aside.

'Where did Aliya go? Did you see her?' he asked urgently.

'No I missed her' Ayat whispered running away.

'Aliya is royally pissed' Zain chuckled as he loaded his gun his eyes on the lookout for others. 'Can't wait to get her'

'I am not going to leave Zain and Ayat!' Aliya muttered to herself, an action plan forming in her mind as she spotted her cousin and shot her.

'Ruined my plans, watch out you two. I am coming' Aliya smirked enjoying every bit of the game.

'No one defeats Aliya but me' Zain thought to himself leaving his safe spot.

He thought he caught a glimpse of her at the far corner and followed only to have a series of bullets pelted towards him, he ducked and ran back. 'Will have to get rid of others first' he decided.

'Zain Abdullah. My only target is you' Aliya thought to herself.

He fought his way to the other end looking for Aliya. 'Mamu Ki Bhanji, Kahan gayi?' he muttered banging into someone. They both jumped facing each other.

'Zain Abdullah' Aliya smirked pointing her gun at him.

'Mamu Ki Bhanji' Zain grinned back, his gun pointing at her too.

'You Shoot I shoot' Aliya remarked.

'That will have both of us out of the game' he pointed. 'And you don't want that'

'You are my only target' Aliya smirked not releasing the trigger.

Zain gulped, he didn't want to hit her only to get hit by her. 'No it's time for payback' he whispered inching closer to her, his own shadow falling on her face, her eyes still shining under the moonlight.

'What do you mean?' she asked uncomfortable.

'I helped you all day, I have been good. You don't get to shoot me' he coaxed her, hoping for a distraction so that he could escape.

'You were good only to delude me, to carry out this devious prank of yours, to make me your first target' she replied her gaze stubborn.

'Good you worked that out. My Brilliant prank'

'And I will put a brilliant end to it' she smiled. That's when he found the much needed distraction, at the other end in the dark corner shifted a figure aiming a gun towards them. He ducked pulling Aliya along with him, their heads bumping into each other.  

'There I saved you, but next time you will be my target' he whispered gone in a fleeting second.

15 minutes into the game, Zain had been unable to find Aliya again, he decided to keep an eye on the terrace gate incase Aliya got shot. He didn't want to miss on that. Ayat approached him with soft steps. 'BhaiJaan'

He turned to spot her clean. 'Ayat, are we the only ones left?' he asked cautious.

'Appi and a few others are still in the game' she whispered back.

'Did you spot her?'

'I know where she would be' Ayat grinned. 'But I need help to get there. Someone to have my back'

'Show the way' Zain smiled surprised as she led the way towards a small room at the corner of the terrace, a paintball splashed on the wall missing him by inches. Ayat spotted their enemy and aimed a hit which met its target.

'Meri behen hou pakki baat!' Zain grinned proud of her.

A series of paintballs bombarded them in response. 'Run!' he told Ayat, together the two rounded on the other side of the wall.

'Two more. Let's get rid of them first' said Zain. That very moment the two remaining people came out aggravated as they fought each other. 'How can you hit me bro?' spoke one.

'By mistake! Who hit me though?' muttered the other annoyed.

Aliya Zain thought. She's somewhere close.' Where would she be?' he asked in a soft whisper.

'Where the water tank is' Ayat answered pointing her finger at the terrace of the small room. 'We used to hide there from Ammi' she added with a soft chuckle.

'How do I get up there?' he asked amazed.

'Wooden stairs' she grinned pointing towards the one at the far corner. 'That is if you can climb' she teased.

'Of course I can' he said with a confidence he didn't feel.

'Oh let me' said Ayat with a soft chuckle. 'You won't be able to climb, just look at your face'

'Watch me' he grinned not caring for the world feeling the adrenaline rush kick in as he climbed up ignoring the unstable ladder as it dangerously shook under his weight.

He reached the top to find Aliya seated at the other end on a wooden block. He aimed at her carefully maintaining a distance so that the hit doesn't give her a bruise. Her face visible under the moonlight, he stalled taking in the breath-taking sight. Her hair flowing as the cool breeze swept by. She rubbed her hands together, trying to keep herself warm.

His second long distraction cost him as Aliya turned around feeling his presence.  

'Achhi jagah hai, Chhupne ke liye' he remarked.  

'Chhupne ke liye nahin, Dushman pe nishana lagane ke liye' Aliya smirked.

They both stood with raised guns, eager to defeat the other.

'On the count of three then' Zain challenged.

'One..Two.. '

A loud bang echoed as he felt the sharp hit on his back and winced in pain. He turned to look at his attacker. To his surprise Ayat stood inches away from him with her gun in hand.

'Dhoka!' he exclaimed in surprise. Aliya burst out laughing at him.

Another bang echoed, Aliya gasped shot squarely on her chest. 'Mujhe kyun maara!' she yelled.

'Main Jeet Gayi!' Ayat laughed throwing her gun aside. 'Haar gaye donon!' she rubbed in.

'Main tumhari badi behen hoon' Aliya whined having lost. 

'Dhoka diya tumne' Zain accused.

'Hello Kya Badi Behen? Kya Dhoka?' Ayat defended herself backing away towards the stairs. 'You two played against each other, I just used it to my advantage'

'Ayat main chhodungi nahin tujhe!' Aliya warned running after her.

'Main bhi!' Zain agreed.

Ayat laughed as she climbed down the stairs and ran off. Zain and Aliya stood watching her leave the terrace. Calming silence followed.

'Well I am just glad you didn't walk out of this clean' Aliya directed her words at Zain.

He turned to her secretly scooping the wet color from his shirt in his hand. 'Aliya' he said with a smile, his eyes glinting with mischief as he smeared the orange on her face.

'What?' Aliya asked surprised backing away at his touch.

A smile slowly crept up on his face, as he waved at her, his fingers smudged with color. Aliya's eyes widened as realization hit her.

'ZAAINN!' she yelled 'Am not going to leave you!' she scooped color from her own dress reaching for his face.

'Too bad I am tall' Zain laughed, his grip firm on her wrists. To his surprise Aliya ducked rounding on him from the back as she smeared the color on his face. 'Ruko tum!' he challenged, his face orange.

Aliya ran for her life and barely made it down the first step, when Zain held her hand, not letting her go.

'No Zain I will fall!' she yelled terrified, closing her eyes as the ladder dangerously shook. 

'No you won't' he assured letting go of her hand.

Aliya opened her eyes to see the ladder held secure by him. Slowly she stepped down, her face turning red locked under his gaze. Her feet soon found firm ground. She glanced at him in surprise as she ran away.

---

(Zain's point of view)

Party was over. The guests had left. Aliya had convinced Phup's and Phuppa to head to their room, promising to take care of everything. She then approached Ayat who lay deep asleep on the couch.

'Don't trouble her' I voiced my concern 'She barely slept last night preparing for exams'

'I know but she has to head to her room' Aliya emphasized. 'Ayat, wake up! Off you go to your room'

She was right. I admitted turning away. The room was a mess; I could already see the amount of cleaning up needed. We should hire some people for this. I thought looking for my phone, not knowing where I had placed it.

'Where are you going?' Aliya quizzed with a stern voice. I stopped dead on my tracks and turned to meet her gaze, as predicted she looked furious with her hands on her waist, shooting daggers at me. 'I think we should hire people to clean up this place' I mumbled my suggestion, shrinking under her death glare.

'We are cleaning up this place' Aliya emphasized picking a clean hand towel and giving it to me. 'Get working and don't even think of running away'

So here I was cleaning up, an aspect of party I had never witnessed before, never wanted to witness again either. Aliya was busy in the kitchen, while I scrubbed the table. The room now looked fairly clean, I sighed in relief. Finally done with the work! All I wanted to do now was crash on my bed.

To my surprise Aliya came with a pair of gloves, some scrubbing agent and equipment's in hand.

'Good work' she said looking around, I rolled my eyes in annoyance. 'We are done. I am tired'

'Hello Mister!' she called blocking my way. 'Remember the mess you made at the terrace?'

'I made? You played as well' I defended myself.

'It was your idea. Had you let things be my way, there wouldn't have been such a mess at the first place' she charged with accusation. I wondered how she gained all the strength to argue. She worked like a machine!

'Not to mention be such a boring end to the party' I scowled taking the cleaning equipment's from her, heading towards the terrace. She followed suit in silence. Together we worked on the blotches of color all around; Bhopal by night had turned cold, with chilly breeze blowing past us. Working around scrubbing the floor clean kept me warm, yet the cold tile was hard to ignore.

Aliya continued working in silence, I stopped to observe her, she looked odd, and the way she moved around with her shoulders hunched. Something was wrong I could tell. Had she taken the prank too serious?

'Did you have fun?' I asked hoping to start a conversation.

'Yeah the game was fun' she replied in a soft shaky voice.

'Are you feeling cold?' I asked surprised now facing her. She looked pale, her face delicate as she scrubbed at a stubborn patch of color on the wall. I held her hand spraying some cleaning agent on the patch, easily washing it off.

'What's wrong?' I asked turning to her.

'Why are you here Zain?' she asked close to tears. Surprised I fumbled for an answer.

'Phup's hurt. Our family needs us'

'Jhooth' Aliya countered my defense.

'I am not lying'

'You are not speaking the truth either' she whispered looking away. She was hurt. I could tell but why?

'ChandKhala told me' she said giving me a harsh stare.

'ChandJaan?' I asked confused as to where the conversation was heading.

'You didn't know the reason I had come to Bhopal. What did you think Zain? That I had left. That I was gone? I realized only today. 30 Days. Coincidence or not?' she asked in disbelief, her eyes upset. I didn't know what I could say in my defense. She was right. That is what I had thought..

'I thought maybe I was wrong, but then I remembered what you had said when you reached here. So tell me Zain Abdullah, why are you here?' she asked again.

'I will tell you why you are here' she replied to my stony silence heatedly. 'To sort things out, to convince Ammi and Abbu that we should part ways, this is why you are staying here! To leave me here Zain!'

Her harsh words stung as I met her hostile eyes. Like a bitter pill I had swallowed I bit my own tongue watching her leave. I stood there I don't know for how long, it had started raining. I watched the remaining paint mess wash out as light rain drops dribbled on the marble. All that she had said was true, but things had changed the moment I had decided to stay in Bhopal.

Drenched in water I shivered feeling the cold get better of me. Locking the terrace door I headed back to our room, knowing she must have slept off by now, tired as she was from the day's work. I entered to find my guess accurate; she lay curled on one side of the bed, wrapped under the blanket sheets.

Taking some dry clothes from my cupboard I winced as pain shot through my shoulder blade, Ayat had shot the paintball from a close distance; it was bound to leave a bruise. I frowned as I changed my shirt, gritting my teeth at the pain that shot through.

Once dry and clean, I stopped by Aliya's side and pulled the sheets just enough to let her have air to breathe.  

----

Like & Review !

~ZJ

Edited by AnotherAdmirer - 10 years ago
MsfairyCindreLa thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Res
Unres
Awesome..
Zain tchng ayat 😃
He was searching for her.. wow.. so cute
Loved hiw she said abt der games n ol..

Paint ball.. yayy
Loved the game..
Wonder is der something with the bruise 😉

Overall beautiful update, , 👏 Edited by MsfairyCindreLa - 10 years ago
-Ammie- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
YES!! My day is made!
Res! 
about shehr e zaat...i'll scrap you in a minute 
-------------------------------------------------
First of i feel obliged to inform you that ur absence from the forum for the past one week has not gone unnoticed 😆, so yeah creeply enough i've missed you and your posts on Beintehaa forum...but i'm so elated to see you back with an update! 🤗hopefully i will get to see you around more in the coming weeks 😳

on topic, i have just finished reading the update and i must admit this was a really fun update!
haha the paintball fun on the terrace, with all your cousins and a cute guy by your side sounds perfect! really interesting and captivating update!
i absolutely love how you have tied drama, comedy and romance together in this update!
a vey entertaining read...also the development in ZaYa's relationship is commendable!
i'm moved by the fact that Aaliya has just realised Zain's reason behind landing in bhopal...poor soul.
looking forward to the next...and i think the last? (is it?!) update to this lovely SS!
lets see if they sort things out this time...😉

Edited by -Ammie- - 10 years ago
Hakuna_Matata11 thumbnail
That was an awesome upd.
loved it.
Tfd pm.