Suspenseful precap

Antara could want to speak wid him abt her father wish

it's not that suspenseful πŸ˜›
and you'll find out soon! πŸ˜ƒ
-.serendipity.- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 10 years ago

Chapter 8

I woke up to the sound of the sheets ruffling. I looked up and saw Antara tossing and turning. I looked at the clock. It was 4 in the morning. I didn't know if I should wake her up or not. I decided against it and tried to loosen her grip on my hand so that I could leave before she won't up. Her grip was strong. Kahin Chashmish ne weight lifting toh nahi shuru kar di? Idiot Raghu... This is the worst time to make a joke, I thought.

I tried once more but it was as if Antara didn't want to let go. I sighed and gave up. There was no point; I would end up waking her. I fell asleep once again as it was too early to wake up.

I woke up to the sun rays hitting my eyes. My head felt really heavy. I looked up at the ceiling. I wasn't in the hospital but I wasn't in my own room either. I recognised it as the guest room at Raghu's house, but what was I doing here? 

I got up only to be pulled back down. I looked down to see what had pulled me back. My hand intertwined with Raghu's. He had been here the whole night?

I carefully removed my hand from his and shook his shoulder. "Raghu, utho," I said, attempting to wake him up. "Chashmish, sone de na," he replied, sleepily. "Raghu, maine kaha na, utho," I repeated. He refused to get up.

I got up and headed out and saw aunty sitting in the family room. "Antara, kaisi ho tum?" she asked. "Main theek hoon aunty. Actually aunty, mujhe aap se kuch baat karni hain," I said sitting down. "Haan, bolo na beta," she replied. "Actually woh kal papa ne kaha tha ki woh... woh chate hain ki meri aur Raghu ki shaadi ho," I said. I looked at aunty to see her reaction.

"Antara, tumare papa ne hume yeh sab phele bataya tha, main aur Raghu ke papa iss rishte se bahut khush hain. Par Raghu aur tumara nahi pata. Kya tum Raghu se shaadi karna chati ho?" she asked.

This wasn't a wish of mine; it was something that I had to do. I had to do this for Papa. Besides, Raghu was my best friend. He would understand me, right?

"Ji aunty, main Raghu se shaadi karne ke liye tayaar hoon," I replied. "Ab sirf Raghu ki haan baaki hain. Main aaj hi Raghu se baat karongi aur phir hum tum dono ki engagement ki tareeq set kar denge," she said.

"Aunty, if you don't mind, kya main Raghu se baat kar sakti hoon, iss shaadi ke baare mein?" I asked. I think that it would be better if I told him rather than someone else telling him. "Haan beta, kyun nahi?" she replied. "Thank you aunty," I said.

The door opened and I saw uncle walk in with papa. "Papa," I said and ran up to him. I led him over to the couch and helped him sit down. "Antara beta, yeh dawaia hain jo doctor ne prescribe ki thi," he said handing me the bag.

"Main aap ke liye paani le kar aati hoon," aunty said. "Aunty, main le kar aati hoon," I said, stopping her. "Theek hain," she said and sat back down. I headed towards the kitchen.

I was heading out with the tray when Raghu came in my way. "Toh finally tu uth gaya," I said. "Haan, woh mom ne kaha tha ki tujhe mujhse kuch baat karni hain. Kya hua?" he asked. "Main yeh de kar aati hoon, phir baat karenge," I said, gesturing towards the tray. "Theek hain," he said, letting me pass through.

"Aunty, main bas thodi der mein aati hoon," I said. "Theek hain beta, tum jao Raghu se baat kar lo," she said. I smiled and headed up to Raghu's with him.

"Ab bata, kya hua?" I asked her as we walked into my room. "Raghu, kal raat hospital mein, Papa ne mujhse kuch kaha," she said. "Kya kaha?" I asked. "Raghu... woh chaate hain ki... ki humari..." "Humari kya?" "He wants us to get married."

I looked at Antara, shocked. Me, get married to Antara? "Aur tune kya kaha?" "Maine haan kar di. Main aur kya kaarti Raghu? I want to fufill his last wish and if this is it, I'm going to make sure that it's complete." She turned to look at me. "Raghu, I know that you don't wont to get married but will you please help me? Tu mera saabse aacha dost hain."

I looked at him, waiting for him to reply. Please say yes, I thought. "Raghu," I said, "tere kya faisla hai?" "Main tujhse shaadi karne ke liye tayaar hoon," he replied. "Saach?" "Haan, ab chal, unhe bata de?" "Haan, chalo." I turn to walk out but am stopped by Raghu. "Kya?" I asked.  

I took her hand in mine and said, "Ab hum un ke liye ek rishte mein bandh ne jaa re hain, sab ko aisa lagna chaiye ki yeh shaadi hum iss liye kar rahe hain kyunki hum ek doosre se pyaar karte hain." She nodded and we headed down the stairs. "Papa," she said. "Maine aur Raghu ne shaadi karne ka faisla kiya hain." "Saach mein beta?" he asked. "Ji, Papa."

I looked at Raghu and he squeezed my hand in reassurance. I turned back to Papa and smiled. "Ab jald se jald in dono ki sagaai kara dete hain," Aunty said. "Antara tum ghar jaa ke kapre badal kar aa jao phir hum saab ek saath breakfast kar lenge. Raghu tum bhi jao." "Ji Aunty," I said and headed off to the door with Raghu behind me.

I stopped at the gate outside and said, "Thank you." "Kiss liye?" he asks. "Mera saath dene ke liye. I know ki maine tujhse bahut badi commitment maang li hain. But I promise, ki main biwi hone ke poore farz nibhane ki koshish karoongi." "Antara, main bhi tujhse promise karta hoon ki main hamesha tujhe khush rakhonga. Isse zayaada main tujhe kuch aur nahi de sakta," he replied. "Jaanti hoon," I said and headed towards my house.

I looked at my reflection in the mirror. Why did I say yes to Antara? I would never have said yes to anyone like this and after all, this is the question of both of our lives. But she's Antara... she's special. She's not just anyone; she's my best friend. I've known her since the day she was born. My mom's voice broke my train of thoughts. "Raghu, jaldi neeche aao, Antara aa gayi hain." I quickly pulled on a shirt and headed downstairs. I saw Antara standing next to the table. I smiled and sat down at my normal seat.

"Antara, tum jao, Raghu ke saath betho na," Aunty said, pushing me towards Raghu. "Nahi aunty. Main aap ki madat kar deti hoon na," I said. "Koi zaroorat nahi hain. Tum jao aur Raghu ke paas betho," she said. I sighed and reluctantly sat down next to Raghu.

After breakfast, we all sat on the couch talking. What used to seem so normal had become so strange and unknown for me. I was used to being so comfortable with Raghu and now in one second everything had just changed. I couldn't take it anymore. I stood up and said, "Aunty, uncle, mujhe lagta hain ki mujhe aur Papa ko ghar jaana chaiye. Papa ko thodi der ke liye aaram karna chaiye." "Haan beta, sahi bol rahi ho. Raghu, tum ek kaam karo, jao aur Antara aur bhaisaab ko ghar tak chod aao," she said. "Nahi aunty, humara ghar kaunsa bahut door hain, hum chale jayenge," I say. "Koi baat nahi, Raghu tum jao." It was next to impossible to win against aunty so I agreed and left with Raghu.

I unlocked the door and Papa went inside. Raghu was still standing outside so I stayed to talk to him. "Raghu, woh sorry. Main aunty ko rok nahi payi," I said. I knew that he was just as uncomfortable as me. "Koi baat nahi, ab toh iss saab ki aadat dalni padegi, baki saab ke liye toh hum hone wale husband wife hain na," he replied. "Antara beta," I heard my dad call me from inside. "Mujhe jaana chaiye," he says and turns to leave. After he leaves I lean against the wall and take a deep breath. "You can do this Antara, he's your best friend, nothing's going to change," I say to myself. I hear my father call me once again and I go inside.

It's night now and I'm cleaning up the kitchen when I hear the tune. Papa is sleeping in his room so I head up to the balcony outside my room. This tune is probably the most comforting thing at the moment. It's only thing that can help me relax and sort things out. I open the door and see Raghu on the other side. He looks up and stops playing as soon as I step out. Tears are forming in my eyes. It's too much to handle. Papa's cancer and the fact that's he's going to be leaving me soon and my marriage was Raghu. Nothing was normal in my life any more. My life, which had seemed perfect up until last night, had now shattered into small pieces. I didn't even know what was happening.

I closed the door and lay down on my bed and cried my heart out. A few minutes later, I feel a hand on my shoulder. I wipe the tears away and turn around to see Raghu. "Tu yahan?" I ask standing up. "Chal," he says and takes my hand. "Par kahan?" I asked. "Tu bas chal," he says and I quietly follow him.

We stop in front of Papa's room. "Tu mujhe yahan kyun laye ho?" I asked. "Antara, iss waqt uncle ko sabse zayaada teri zaroorat hain. Tujhe un ke saath hona chaiye, aise rone se kuch nahi hone wala. Un ke saath apna har ek pal bita aur unko khush kar," he said. I look ar Raghu and then towards my father, sleeping on the bed. I turn back to Raghu and nod. I walk in the room and sit down on the bed next to my dad. I look out the door and see Raghu standing there. He waves and turns to leave. I smile. Thank God I had Raghu in my life otherwise I would have been a complete disaster.

A/N: Well that's the end. I hope that was long enough! If you made it to the end, thank for reading! Leave your likes and comments and if you're a new reader, like the index on the first page to receive PMs. πŸ˜Š rest of the colouring and pms later! gotta go to bed! 

Edited by Wahian4lyf - 10 years ago
-.serendipity.- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Glad you liked it 😊
Roy.nikki143 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
What a wonderful update Kiret
Loved it so much
They are bestest friend and soon will get married
But none of them is falling for each other πŸ˜•