Blast from the Past Thread #23!!Catch up and some ott!! pg 114 epi 230 - Page 68

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 10 years ago

she'd said she'd go away forever and he had no idea why it mattered. but it did. so much that he feared. asr was afraid to turn around and look at her place... what if he saw... a locked door. she's gone. he was not going to look, faraq nahin padta, but all he was aware of was that door, that house where he'd walked in with her in his arms, when he'd feared she was gone, when she'd held onto his lapel, when he'd had to steal a look at her through the window to make sure she was ok, she was alive, she was awake. and now he had to turn and see, every part of him wanted to see, he couldn't resist any longer, he turned. a locked door. he felt a rush of feelings he'd never known before. the billowing dupattas came from nowhere and reminded him of things, touching him, reaching out, bringing him murmurings and messages he didn't clearly understand. just  a funny dry pain shot through him and he couldn't look away. episode 50, neatly designed, no gaps, no awkward breaks, and an unforgettable moment without a single word where we try to catch a feeling it is really difficult to name or explain in mere words.

i don't know why but this longing of arnav singh raizada, this fear that she's gone forever seems to be echoing in the layers of these post wedding days, even in swami, especially in certain moments of 228. as he looks at her, as he wants her, does he think she can never be really his ever? he had feared crazily that evening in the guest house, but she was safe. then came lucknow and her decison to go away forever... hamesha. but she did return. he started to understand those messages, those feelings... and again came a moment of losing her. lucknow is one thing, but how to win the one you love if she loves another?  just thoughts, will be back to write about 228.

episode 228

"what if i lost you?!" he had yelled frantically without paying any heed to where he was or who was listening that night. holding her face in his hands, he'd let out his desperate fear and that incalculable need for a girl who came from nowhere and changed his world forever.

she had needed him to say as much to her, maybe she had no idea but this is how he said i love you, i can't live without you... maybe she needed the words then, so she had pushed him away and said, so what.

seething he had brought her back home, again going to pieces when her bangle broke an a shard lodged itself in her wrist.

he couldn't afford to lose her. she had become vital to life. to living.

while writing on 178, the "what if i lost you?" episode, i'd felt his desperation. life without khushi had already become impossible to imagine. a para from that take:

'as though the whole story of love got told in that one violent, vehement, exclamation on a dark road. a plea in it, a declaration too. don't leave me ever, i can't live without you. this point on that part of the story will be told, there will be a "khushi" connecting heartbeats, a silent near death by a terrace treacherous, madness, mayhem, even hate... yet the journey will go inexorably to the subtext of "what if i lost you?"'

don't ever leave me. main tumhare bina ji nahin paaoonga."

and yet, he had stood there watching on that terrace as he had been held by another. a part of him had felt, this was it... he had indeed lost her.

that feeling perhaps was separate from and more intense than any other feeling he'd had at that moment. i remember thinking, for a moment then he reminded me of his mother... dying inside the way she did when she realised her husband indeed had another lover. yes he was asr the brother watching catastrophic betrayal, but even more at one level he was the new, besotted, lover full of hope dying a terrifying death.

khushi was gone forever. he had lost her.

funny thing about love though, it is not easy to erase from the heart. even if your lover is false, even if your lover is unfair, sometimes even if they murder, they maim, they cheat on you. neither he nor she could snuff out that feeling, no matter how much they suffered.

228 continued from 227 on the theme of kkgsr trying out her new strategy to destroy him... kill him with expressed love. delightful acting by both sanaya and the red clad angry young hero.

she laughed in green as he seethed in crimson, his whole family enjoyed a little leg pulling of the mighty one. he sounded utterly cute complaining to nani... look what she's calling me! what? swami! snigger snigger around the table. 

frankly, that was not at all asr, but barun managed to keep his asr despite the cutesy. i said "phew!"

he charged off looking hot, managed to get a white shirt (yes yes yes) from akash who had arrived with yellow roses for one of the most embarrassing characters in ipk... he rushed off to wear his shoes, for once they were polished, wonderful.

and she planned yet another little game. it was meant to be light and fun and irritate him further.

that was all.

when she held his chin without thinking and pulled him close, she had no idea what this might lead to.

he looked up, taken by surprise, saw her leaning so close, then she made contact.

forehead to forehead.

complete contact of a powerful centre of energy, where the teeka sits... a potent symbol in hindu thought. the area between the eyebrows where we put our bindi, a little dot of colour, is also considered to be the sixth chakra, "ajna", the seat of concealed wisdom. the bindi represents the third eye... a mystical and highly esoteric idea of an invisible eye that has the power to perceive beyond what the eye can. and it sees things that ordinary sight is not able to. (information from the net, but most hindus have grown up hearing about this concept.)

she dragged him to her this time. and leaning over him, and laid her forehead on his. their bodies touched, where the third eye resonates. a mytical element to this touching. 

as the moment caught them in its clasp and took them away from all that was here, she began to lift her head, while he stared at her as if seeing her for the first time. and in their inverted lines, profiles almost flowing into each other and fitting, another concept of opposite forces being interconnected and interdependent came to mind, the yin and the yang.

but had there been not even a single mystical connotation, the moment and that touch were still profound. for an instant, both became who they were before the terrace ever happened.

a man and a woman who loved each other. who couldn't live without each other.

a moment of intense awareness. all non essentials fell away.

they stayed there, not moving, almost not breathing.

then a single word escaped his lips, guttural, resonating with the longing that was in his eyes that day he thought she had left... and the passion of the explosive "what if i lost you?!"

"khushi."

that was all he said.

i felt his desire, his love, his melting into her, his call to her soul, his immersion in her, and his heartbeat... now inextricably connected with her name.

she felt all of it too, she stayed there unable to react, to move, getting lost. then she pulled herself up, still disoriented, wanting him as much as he wanted her. and once more returned to the here and now and the game that must be played.

all the fun and play that followed was engaging, but at the centre of the episode somehow was that one simple moment, its effect radiating out in ripples across the rest of the action.

one more beautiful thing in that contact, that connection... the transference of colour, from him to her. this time it was a perfect bindi, red and vibrant, as though she had branded him and made him her own.

as though she is colouring him somehow, helping him find his colour, feel it, wear it... lovers always influence each other, the best ones do it positively, taking each other to new levels of life and consciousness... again and again their colours will mingle. in the guest house, it had been a cut and blood red, later sindoor and later still a pot of blood from her on him that would not go...

haldi on her dupatta, her being almost, he had rubbed. the future holds heady play of mehndi and haldi... 

intimate, sexual, sensual and even mystical this exchange of colour... 

he in the meantime skipped breakfast and lunch, not even gila gila pusta was consumed. funnily, even in reality too he looked a bit thin and drawn somehow, maybe this is around when ipk started telling on barun's health; but he didn't fail to have my dhadkane increase in that shot with the spider web like graph on him. i did notice too not one other guy working in ar is anywhere near good looking. 
Edited by indi52 - 10 years ago
aarwen thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
India already loving the edit and your thoughts. I am always confused about this(maybe not the rigth word πŸ˜•) but Barun looked so young, fresh in the beginning. Then around Teri Meri maybe slightly more mature, could be just the new found attitude, but still short gelled hair , mostly clean shaven or a light stubble then what happened later on? Did he just stop caring about the way he looked? 
Edit - I mean he still looked good (so people don't scare me away) but I personally found he so much better in the initial days. 
Edited by aarwen - 10 years ago
Mysticaldivine thumbnail

Originally posted by: indi52

"although 'making love' may serve as a polite name for an act that has many rude ones, it's misleading. for lovers do not so much make love as they are remade by love--dipped into the fire, melted down, reshaped. if they are devoted to one another, love will transform them, dissolving the shells of their old separate selves and making them anew." 

~~~ scott russel sanders, a private history of awe ~~~πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

episode 227

"god knows kab aaygi!" god knows when she'll come, the episode started with asr waiting for khushi to come to their bedroom, wanting to see her despite having been pretty nasty to her a couple of days ago. a sense of someone becoming part of you, your day incomplete without them coming through, even as he lies awake on his uncomfortable chaise longue, his eyes darting to the hideous multi-coloured mobile which she has added, defiantly altering his room to accommodate her. he the lover of black, white, grey, at best some dull brown, sober blues, muted olive green now in a blast of colour. they are on his walls, adorning his poolside, on his bed (poor fellow, the pink floral sheet next to his brown one, so telling of two really differently made people), and he can do nothing about it. 

That pink is her Right which she is using here as for her she is here for forever but when he will throw the dagger at her she will FIRST time tell him, today I know , no one gave me that right...that tells me how blindly she trust him and has this trust he will never abandon her no matter what.This is a big thing for an orphan who has no one in this world as I described it Arnav has his sis but Khushi has no one and he realized it on the first day of his SORRY that how strong she is and how can she still be all cheering up all the time despite all  of this.

but back to "god knows kab aaygi," and the outburst "but who cares" (r rolling, utterly endearing), i have to say i can't think of a single tv hero whose dialogues were as natural and perfectly in line with persona.  he is westernised, sharp, a man of few words, clipped and non fussy, an urban soul. his words are from his life, his times... english comes in naturally, expresses him as he is, his language may not be pure and shuddha, but it is energetic and urban, mixing a smattering of english into hindi or using hindi words most naturally in an english sentence.

πŸ‘πŸ‘

despite sad sighs from purists, i think the "mixed" language is here to stay and more and more a sign of our times... the english having gone everywhere and spreading their language, it sort of crossed over and began to belong to all of us and we speak it our way... and now that the colonial days are kind of over and there is an ease with one's own culture, not considering it in any way infra dig, it's almost cool to mix both tongues. i see it in my land all the time, and elsewhere too. in fact, i speak this combined language myself, my bangla has some english in it (makes many people cringe), and when i write i use words like pyaar nafrat mohabbat ramanchi quite easily right here, all the time.

We do but ask those who get frustrated while not getting the meaning of it

asr's sentence construction is matter of fact and far from flowery, and totally contemporary; another matter that he says all this with the air of a nawab and you want to rush and become part of his darbar, an aura of ancient indian nobility, its best side that is, somehow clings to him though he is oh so westernised really. and no matter what his state of mind or the story... never, not once, does his dialogue sound thobby, out of place, unreal, or filmi. huge salaams to hitesh kewaliya and team... they were superb with dialogues. each and every character was well thought out in terms of the spoken word, especially the very down to earth and "normal" sounding hero who actually was the most larger than life character of the entire show.

"ab sundari ko shaitan ke mahal mein jana hai..." now beauty has to enter beast's castle... she's pretending she doesn't care too. yet she's most irritated he's gone to sleep. they haven't spoken to each other for a while, she's wilting without him... a funny fear of this angry man she loves and a sense of dejection that he didn't want to see her. 

at this point, there's only one thing to do, turn to the goat who comes calling and have a hearty chat, while the who cares man must open his eyes and see her the moment he hears her voice. 

He was so desperate to hear it that when this non stop doesn't leave him alone in Swami track , he just takes her as it is

and later... till he's seen her and she him, where is sleep. where is peace.

227 is officially the opening of what came to be known as the swami track. the first time i saw it, i laughed a lot, but also got angry, felt disconnected, did not see what it had to do with the two characters i had gotten to know. why this break into meaningless laughter.

while reading aarwen's take, it suddenly struck me... this was not just ha ha funny. this was two people in a terribly tricky situation, who desperately love and need each other, who though living in the same room for days, cannot do what they want to do with the other... love, make love, discover each other physically and emotionally... do all the things a newly married couple who adore each other might do.

That was the key indi which I am seeing and described in Viv's answer couple of pages before and this is not a joke that's why it never seems joke to me.It was always a meaningful track yet the only thing is they directed it in a funny way.

along with an emotional restlessness and the anger they both feel, a sexual tension and hankering is growing. a need.

this perhaps is one way of engaging. its craziness makes it special. exclusive. and breathtakingly intimate. this is perhaps the instincts' way of devising the mating dance... a foreplay as it were. we have seen them before hurling water at each other, again in that intimate, i want to reach you touch you sort of way... that time he was doing crazy things to bring her back home.

since the tumultuous evening of valentine's day, every now and then their true feelings has come careening out and the dam has almost broken... holi, heer ranjha. but just as surely, after that has come anger and distance. because one thinks the other is a harlot, and the other thinks she's been dragged into hell by a monster.

there's no resolution, no let up. the tension keeps mounting.

khushi is mad at him and wants revenge. but note, she is not exactly doing really terrible things to him. now suppose it were shyam who was bothering her, would she do cute little things like hanging up salman poster, taking over his bed, washing clothes in his pool or would she be slapping him and running out of the place?

She changed her raananiti. πŸ˜†

here instead, she is "ragging" him, roughing him up a bit, a way of "touching" him, and enjoying herself hugely while doing it too. by her proactive dive into revenge mode she is actually keeping the conversation alive, the emotions warm and in place. and he? if lavanya did these things to him would he tolerate it? would he play along? never... his instinct is picking the cues alright and he is playing back with her... now angry, now fretful, now pulling, now hauling, but never ever letting go.

Paagal hai but cute hai...is not just statement,it's his heart's voice.

this is too exciting to walk away from, that is why neither lets it go... not till the day on the bridge and the "truth" is out.

there was no way of keeping the conversation normal, so this was the way... one of the many ways in which lovers speak and flirt when normal channels are not available.

after the first scene, came two people looking at each other yearningly before either could sleep, then before setting out to "kill him with love" her convulsive need to touch his hair as he sleeps there looking vulnerable and lovely... all say the same thing. love. and these tender moments give the structure of the episode its depth... you know everything is really an intimate communication between two lovers.

love has strange ways of speaking. sometimes it says swami.

his eyes opened the moment she passed him, and of course, he stared at her with endless longing as she slept... no matter what the misunderstanding, the chhap gaya hai, the whatever... the "khushi!" he'd connected to his dil ki dhadkan... that truth asserts itself over all else.

and so with her.

first look in the morning at her bed naturally... but she's gone. "subah subah dabba service shuru ho gaya... pata nahin yeh natak kab tak chalega..." he knows this is a natak. not for a second is he fooled, but he does play along.πŸ‘

okay, breathing break. couldn't get a cap, so swift was the slight flapping of jacket and putting on of button. but i am at the foot of the steps, dead.😳

telling meeting with di who is now resolved to interfere a bit and ask if all is well. the intercepting of the beastly letter has her thinking. i am trying to hear her, but please must a man look so deadly even in red tika? partucularly so in fact. brown suit, red teeka, should be a fashion disaster but aaargh.πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

daljeet is a lovely anjali and the bro sis vibe consistently beautiful and believable, though i am a rough tough sort so anjali's gentleness and cheek stroking can drive me nuts at times,πŸ˜†  πŸ˜† πŸ˜†but it's such a lovely way of showing how much he actually needs to be shown love too, though he doesn't say so... contrary nature, you'll show me love, i'll harrumph and stalk off but you'll know i am thrilled inside and really thrive on"laad" from those who matter to me, and i don't need too many such people, in fact i won't allow too many such, just one... or maybe two.

anjali shoos away her irritating brother, after his utterly devastating, "main aisa hi hoon" i am like that (yeah he is and please do not try to change him anyone), and that gorgeous, "di jo bolna hai clearly bolo". then she comes to khushi and while explaining her strange bro's ways, gives her the deadliest weapon to attack her rakshas with... love. seems he can't, never could handle being petted and loved... 

di explains, he puts up a badi si diwar, a huge wall, if you evince lub, but if you work with him his way, you'll reach him and get to see a new asr... aha! "ab ek nayi khushi kumari gupta singh raizada bhi nazar aayenge.

toh yeh hai shaitan ka asli raaz!" now a new kkgsr will be visible too, so that's the beast's secret.

next thing you know, she has a long ghungat on and dragging his feet, he leaps up, sees her new look freaks out... goes to check his shoes... he knows the minx he's married. kuch dala hai kya! a brusque question, and very cleverly writers connect us to one of the cutest and most love releasing days in all of ipk, episode 75, mango juice in shoe because she couldn't get orang, ohhh will he ever forget that day, his heart did such a flip, and his smile had to lopside.

we are reminded by just that one dialogue that this is kkg, she is quite capable of these childish plans and extra filminess. in fact, she thrives on this whole thing. 

WHen she mentions Gopi Bahu, Krishna story and his Gopi came in my mind meaning Gopian...πŸ˜† Khushi and her different avatars..to irritate him from now on till she finds out the truth

she's all sweetness, he's hassled... he can sense a full blown strategy here. "kyunki aap hamare pati hain... aur yeh hamara kartavya hai," because you are my husband and this is my duty, she avers demurely to his ragged question... why are you taking off my shoe?

"no, i don't want any kartavya!" oh that hindi mix.

as she goes to leave, ready to dash into the door, a "khushi!" and a lunge forward to make sure she doesn't get hurt, and into the comedy gets mixed a stroke of "i love you dammit". 

Always

"normally toh tumse chala nahin jata, upar se dupatta or liya... hatao isse," sublimely brusque the voice. normally? takes years to know a person that well, but in just six months he knows all about her "normally" and of course being laad governor he has the right to tell her to take off her ghungat in a loud commanding voice. lovely. 

I love him as he always wants her to be who she is , no change at all...I love you the way you are...

i did always like his attitude to women... no need to change and do things to fit in with anyone or some archaic tradition, be your own person, do as you please.

"saath nibhana sathiya," wife is delighted with the results of her simple ploy. and dialogue writers have a lot of fun setting up a cool slick and filmi to and fro between the two.

"kya naya drama hai?" what's this new drama? aaah the voice, a funny sort of patience in it, he is going to put up with the drama, it's better than the silence.πŸ‘

"oh but it's been on for a while." she deliberately misunderstands. gh was writer of that serial too, and gopi vahu was pretty popular in her time, makes me wonder what the ladkiyan of my country want.

"i am talking about your drama."

"but mine is not that, taking care of you is my kartavya."

"DAMN THE KARTAVYA!"😊 man stalks out, door is banged. i am again dead. who says death is forever, some you must return from again and again only to seek the pleasure of death once more.

wife gets ready to use his allergy to love as her "ramban davai"... she has found a path to reach him actually and stay very close, striking what she aims at... his heart. 

next morning, all set to drive him nuts, she got blown away just looking at him. then she told herself to be strong and attack... be strong, huh? so you have feelings for this nasty man who has hauled you to the temple, turned your life into a mess... niiice.

"humney kaha uthiye na, swami!" i said, wake up, swami!

"swami... what...!!!" of course, swami had to look ddg in that flopped hair, just up from sleep state. and my favorite part of barun's face, his asymmetrical right lip, pulled down at the corner, at its sexiest in the swami days.πŸ˜†πŸ˜›

"aap ke 'what the' ke karan thandi ho rahi hai..." because of your 'what the' the tea's getting cold. shudh pure hindi with a little asr in it. ufff.

I loved her voice here.Cute and sexy itself

then came another classic: who the hell is swami?!!!

only barun can make that sound cute, confused, maddening, hot, little boy, all man. i am seriously considering upgrading myself from fangirl to groupie. 

He is awesome hereπŸ‘

"aap, aur kaun," you, who else, countered the fiend in green swirling alluring churidar kurta, veil adorning head.

sparkling dialogues, constant to and fro... "ghungat hatao, humey swami mat bulao!" remove the veil, don't call me swami... no please, thank you... only roughness and intimacy.

"kaise na bulao?" how not to call you? more drama, more foreplay... 

"yeh toh hamare kshma maangne ka..." this is my way of asking for forgiveness.

"kya maangne ka...?!!" the harvard grad is flummoxed by the shudh bhasha.

dialogue writer has a bit of fun with teh real shudh bhasha speaker of the show, the totally croked shyam... and teh actor's name is tossed into madam's dialogue... an "abhaas" of whatever is mentioned.

"swami!! oh nnnot again... stop it just stop it..!!" he can't take it. 

"humne aap ka tauliya aur itr bahar rakha hai, aap nahane jaa sakte hain..." i have kept your towel and perfume, please go for your bath, says teh supreme patni/wife of the raizadas.

"haaanh?" is all the articulate tycoon can manage. i have a feeling had they been in a "normal" marriage too, he'd have not expected his wife to do such things. very cutely self sufficient this 27 year old... i like.

"pss.. pss parrfume..πŸ˜†." khushi is incorrigible, and sanaya unsurpassable here.

he goes ballistic checking... "zaroor kuch gadbad hai", bet there's some hanky panky. i am thinking of the lovely gadbad episodes straight after teej... when she was so humg up on some gadbad that had happened.

"gadbad ho gayi, jiji... tumne uska naam le liya. ab saari raat humey neend nahin aayegi... baar baar ussika khayal aata rahega."  

πŸ‘

in this episode, complete gadbad with his life. 

the poor man looks at her irate, and snarls, "swami se achha toh laad governor he tha..." laad governor was better than swami... so he is willing to take one of her names. actually, she has given him that name first, and he has sort of gotten attached. she is "pagal" withan amused smile, he is "laad governor " with clenched teeth... another way of saying darling, sweet heart, lover, whatever.

asr is hot and hotter. kkgsr is fun and games and sexy..

Love him as this is the moment he finally accepted his name given by his Khushi...

the fiend dances. the beast discovers colour in his wardrobe now. "what the!" at another level of pure sexiness is blasted out.

shudh hindi torture continues,πŸ˜† shy and feminine "aapatti" fearing wife says, "aapki kameez kissi poorani film ki tarah lagti thi...", your clothes looked like some old film... she has thrown 'em all away... he is not throttling her, just glaring as she plays "kaanto wala phool game... swami, this is love... 

as she leaves, of course, she walks into the door. and he yells, "dhyan se!", watch out... he hates watching her get hurt. he knows he's hurt her, he knows there was something wrong, galat in the way this happened. even if she were the harlot he believed her to be. most important, if he had his way, if he were not the man who took all responsibility on himself, he'd never ever ever hurt her. try throwing away even the sweetest gentlest man's entire wardrobe and see what he does. 

I loved her deep dialogue...Kantoon wala phool...

It took him a while to get it how to separate thorns from roses..

she hears his concern and she has to smile. though she covers it up with a phoney "shukriya" quickly.

toward the end of episode, some more rambans at the viewer.

asr talks to akash... uff. 

asr yells at hp, "JAAAO!" again i leave the planet.πŸ˜†

and yes, he was bare torso, the flattest stomach, the most toned arms and clavicle, the towel there to make it all look hotter, hair wet and tousled, anger in his eyes and stance, right lip dragged down and demanding swoons.

πŸ€’πŸ˜†

it's a good thing she had her dupatta on... otherwise foreplay would have gone much further than shudh tv audience can take.πŸ˜†πŸ€£

and finally, the ultimate torture and loss of identity for our hero... he is in red, she is giggly and triumphant in green... go and stop, constant signaling.

two actors, perfectly matched in their ability to portray a range of feelings and delightfully versatile, kept sexy alive and kicking despite the ha ha. this is really really tough actually. comedy has a brain thing to it and sex a gut thing, in most cases, the brain tends to drown out the gut in our world where such a premium is put on being sharp and witty, a premise of the brain. the writing was easy and light and the actors made it sparkle and dance.

It is these two who made IPK..Bas

sorry to say, one of the clearest indications that creatives were getting lost... all the trp and channel interference and demand had put too much pressure, the first crack that showed... babli.

No clue WHY????hmmm ...???????

and if you inspected a bit more, you'd see akash and payal's character being pushed around, not really headed anywhere. i am the last one to quibble about pure language and stuff but what is "aap ne meri subah bana di?" i bet none of the dialogue guys wrote that... direct translation from angrejiii? but mano kept my heart with her "kishmishes."

i watched 50 this morning, when khushi left for lucknow... there were several separate segments... nani la mami and cooking, kkg leaving, shyam looking for her, di and ar at lakshminagar. the episode tied everything up so neatly, easy flow into each other, wonderful use of dialogues, no lose ends, such great use of asr/anjali/shyam in front of kkg's house, anjali as usual hiding from reality behind puja... these were creatives fresh and inspired, interested in every second of the episode. unfortunately, forced marriage on, that interest waned.

Beautiful as always. I liked this track as this is an important one to make them understand each other but the the way it is written and directed that is another story.

How can two ppl live under one roof and not have an urge to be touched..impossible and that frustration is springing in her as her nautanki and in him as an anger

My comments are in between.

Edits are cute.

Thnx

indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: aarwen

India already loving the edit and your thoughts. I am always confused about this(maybe not the rigth word πŸ˜•) but Barun looked so young, fresh in the beginning. Then around Teri Meri maybe slightly more mature, could be just the new found attitude, but still short gelled hair , mostly clean shaven or a light stubble then what happened later on? Did he just stop caring about the way he looked? 

Edit - I mean he still looked good (so people don't scare me away) but I personally found he so much better in the initial days. 

thanks, aarwen, for liking the edits.

he certainly looked younger fresher hotter in the early days and the role too was at that aggressive sexy stage.

my feeling: 12/14 hour work days, non stop work, barely a day or two off a month, eating weird food all the time, make up, grungy not too clean environment of sets, lights camera action, i guess all of it takes its toll.

he had been working as lead for 3 and a half odd years continuously by the time ipk ended... i have no idea how his mind even worked by then.

i find him hot in all and any form... but yes those months right up to teri meri, and uff stick out ears diwali... aaa.
Mysticaldivine thumbnail
oh i loved this happy, loopy, floaty, deep dupatta take, faiqa. it was there everywhere... that diaphanous gauzy strip of chiffon/georgette. getting into all sorts of situations.

on that first day, it was the dupatta that made her trip and fall into his arms.

That is the moment she fell on his heart and he felt what he shouldn't at all.

that first touching of his face with her while dupatta... something almost mystical and certainly sexual about it... as though it touches him body and soul. it wants to be with him, on him, in him.

While watching you feel all sorts of things on this side of the screen

and the tree worship day, the dupatta in pink lehriya, playing with him, reaching out... just like that sunday in a hot hot store room.

Dupptta was like DM's chunari which was always there to bring them closer...even that chunari Anjali insisted in his car and Shyam tied it...Cupid but it reminded him after her that she is gone but then it reminds him that because of her , his Di has locked herself in the room because she wanted her and He brings her back after throwing money...how beautiful this story is ...without mushy ghushy stuff

the dupatta was another voice perhaps of khushi's at times... speaking of things within her.πŸ‘

i adored that scene on the cliff top when he picks up the dupatta and puts it across her shoulders. one day months ago in a garage, he'd ripped her dupatta... how little she had meant to him, though she was already on his mind and really irritating him... he could only be mad at her then. and now, putting that dupatta on her is like putting his own respect in its place, honouring her is honouring their love, him... it is as essential as life. 

He completes the loop  what he did in the garage and this journey continues 

however contemporary we may be, there is an issue of belonging protecting honouring in the finer man woman relationship that has gone beyond just sex... the dupatta somewhere, though an old symbol, still holds its place... the vastra... the protector who always
 guards you from haran of your vastra... the man who sees you as your own person, not just an object of desire. if he takes off the dupatta... it's only in the privacy of their own space where passion is allowed to be expressed in an intimate way, and they both wish to have it that way.
I remember in one of the segments Sanaya mentioned that our Director wants this Dupptta and all but this was the most important element of IPK and regardless it is old but still holds big meaning.

i was so so touched on the suhag raat night he'd set up, when he chose to keep the dupatta with himself, putting it on her with such tender love, as if it's an honour to do so, telling her so many things with that one gesture. beautiful.

I adored that scene and the way it is directed and cinematography is uff...He did chose the color for her which he loves on her as always especially his gazes on her before his first sorry as she is wearing this color

of course, on the road to nainital, that lovely picking up of dupatta, handing it while looking away, but in a different state of emotion.

dupatta was indeed a part of their story... thanks for the beautiful post.

Story has many many characters besides Arnav and Khushi and that is my attraction.I wish I have time to write more but you have to accept me the way I am...with my little time

Mysticaldivine thumbnail

Faiqa there is so much I want to talk about in your post that am sure I will end up missing some. I don't know how you manage to remember all this and then manage to fit every piece into its relevant place. It is indeed here that the comfort of taekwondo pose and necessity to hold hand arises.. I also found the part where you say Arnav knows how to love and is only lacking in his ability to display very insightful.. He never was embrassed when he showed his love openly to Khushi.. How amazing can Arnav get?! πŸ˜Š . Mistrust between Payal and Akash.. brialliant..

Episode 36 the clock showed 9:00 πŸ˜² . 

There was so much to ponder upon reading your take and from a mere fun episode it became so much more meaningful. Thank you..
[/QUOTE]

Rhea😊

Thnx for reading and commenting.

Glad you enjoyed it.😊

My ID is what it makes me as these two and IPK is all what stays in my mind and I saw these epis million times to go through what I feel and see through these moments and that's why I remember most of the time.

Thnx

Faiqa I wasn't too happy with my edit. There were so many scenes to chose from that it felt incomplete.. and then you came along and did this.. Very very very sweet.. You took us through this beautiful love story holding on to the folds of a joyously fluttering in the breeze color changing dupatta...  Thank you for this..

The pleasure is all mine.I love to explore IPK and it's layers.
Edited by ArshiHamesha - 10 years ago
Mysticaldivine thumbnail

Originally posted by: DurgaS

@Indi, thanks for loving the poem. 😳 

@Faiqa, what a zabardast dupatta post. Loved it immensely. I am inspired. Shayad kuch chid jaaye tarannum mein, dekhte hain ... 😳 (Something might come out in melody, let's see...) 

Btw, thanks for the vm 'Main tenu...'. I have downloaded it. It is really beautiful. I'd heard the song earlier too. Did Sohara post it earlier? Ya, where is Issk nowadays? 

@Horizon, thanks for the Saibo song and vm. It is awesome. The song suits so well. Wonder if there is a song that doesn't gel with IPK. Even, the regional songs look good on Arshi. I was watching a Tamil vm by Siva today, my daughter says 'Mom, Tamil vm? Ye to hadd se zyada hogaya.' πŸ˜† 

Thnx Durga for liking it but now I will be waiting for this Taranum...

That VM is Sohara's I just love it so much
Mysticaldivine thumbnail

dull day at work, added some colour. 

off screen πŸ‘ love his pose here...πŸ‘ Good one
Katelyn thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 6

thanks, aarwen, for liking the edits.

he certainly looked younger fresher hotter in the early days and the role too was at that aggressive sexy stage.

my feeling: 12/14 hour work days, non stop work, barely a day or two off a month, eating weird food all the time, make up, grungy not too clean environment of sets, lights camera action, i guess all of it takes its toll.

he had been working as lead for 3 and a half odd years continuously by the time ipk ended... i have no idea how his mind even worked by then.

i find him hot in all and any form... but yes those months right up to teri meri, and uff stick out ears diwali... aaa.

Gorgeous and drooling edits, Indi!  🀒
I agree with you both, initial days...ufff 🀒  In bold Indi, my thoughts exactly.  *hi-5*  I'm all for stick out ears!!    Yeah, long hours of work can take toll on the body.  And also they  were less attentive to the little details!!

Edited by Katelyn - 10 years ago
Mysticaldivine thumbnail

@Horizon

She is in green and he is in red...Be Alert !!!

QUOTE]

Arshi, You beautifully bring out how their relationship progressed past that dreadful night.. them selves remaining oblivious to their new found comfort and getting habituated to each other.. that's  a very nice writing..

Normal ppl takes years and they have crossed that mileage in months.

great connection to beauty and the beast while they sleep.. their most essential conversations happening when they are asleep...That connection to 9.00 from 36 is very interesting..

Khushi discovered him Rakhshua when she wakes up her eyes but he is her Rajkumar behind her closed eyes...epi 29 ...The loop closed for Khushi which started that day...I just added to my 226 as I forgot and it was bothering me as if something is missing and just clicked me during my lunch at work and made a note to fix it today.

Anjali having more trust in Khushi was most understandable.. I always wondered why Shyam was interested in khuhsi in the first place when both these women are essentially similar at the core.. the way they fight with adversaries might be different.. but in their belief systems.. their being most sensitive to the needs of the people around them.. Payal seemed some what different as she seemed more practical than these two.. perhaps that can be attributed to the fact that both Anjali and khushi lost their parents early while payal has a relatively stable childhood. the are almost like shadows to one another...

Horizon I see them different even in their beliefs too as Anjali is weak in this belief system which provides you strength not make you weak what she did after holding mangalsutra , that was weak belief...Khushi holds strong one with all of her innocence and remained stick to it.She doesn't have ill version and that's why she will use that as a joke to stop Arnav that she had stopped him from his back before going at work.

Anjali's disability was not there even when Arnav and Anjali were thrown out of sheehmahal by chachaji. may be she had an accident later.. but there was never any reference to when/ how it happened. .. a detail that would have been fabulous.

I wondered seeing this as I was oblivious about this one.

Anjali's secret revelation of her bro came more across as his displeasure to explicit expression of affection than anything.

He thinks Khushi is doing drama with all of his family as he mentions it on the road.

Loved that matching of yellow and red. thanks arshi.

Journey of Duppatta

Arshi, that was an engrossing write up for the most remarkable journey of that dupatta from sheesh mahal to their ultimate wedding. This little piece of adornment around her neck managed to do what these two grown up adults couldn't manage a few times.. a decent conversation.. it played its role of an emissary to perfection ...most touching part being your description of the purity of the dargah dupatta caress on his visage.  Purity.. some thing this man is deprived of.. as immorality is at the core of his pain..his insecurities.. as much as he cared/ strived for integrity. And, all of a sudden, as much as dissimilar these two are ..they seem so impossibly identical at their cores.. some thing that always connected them.. just the way that dupatta did!

Thanks for the great insight Arshi.

Well said Horizon , 

A decent convo these two couldn't have yet this piece of fabric did a lot .

The purity of emotions can touch  your restless soul and nothing much as far as I see life and Arnav neededd that as he was stung with impurity badly in his past.The way she was pure in white and he was in pure in black and then he covers his head with white and she covers hers but then they are on both side of that chaddar and she crosses him while touching his soul , that makes me stay there and just keep watching that small scene over and over ...

Thnx 
Edited by ArshiHamesha - 10 years ago