The battles were close in practically every category, but at the end, when the dust settled, this is how the picture looked:
- Aditya Narayan was recognized for his performance in Saregamapa Challenge 2007 as the Fresh New Face- Male
- Divyanka Tripathi's performance in the show Banu Mai Tera Dulhan fetched her Fresh New face –Female award.
- B.R Chopra was honored with Lifetime achievement award while Kareena Kapoor and Karan Johar was proud recipients of Global Achievement Award.
In the Programming Honours
- Comedy Circus proved to be the most popular reality show Best Reality category
- KBC 3rd season was adjudged Best Game Show Quiz
- Jahalak Dikhla Ja 1st season won the Best Music Dance Show
- Music Arts and Dance was awarded the Best Children's Programme
In the Popular Honours category
- Karan Johar picked up the trophy for the Best Anchor for Chat show category.
- Vikram Gokhle won the Best Actor in a Negative Role
- Deven Bhojani was awarded Best Actor in a Comic Role
- Ali Asgar won the Best Supporting Actor for his performance in Kahani Ghar Ghar ki.
In the technical Honours category
- Anurag Basu's Love Story won the Best DOP (Fiction) and Indian Idol 3 was awarded Best DOP (Non –Fiction)
- Left Right Left took the honour for Best Title Track
- Amberdhara won for Best Costume, Dialogue and Screenplay.
And that's not all; the performances were stunning as well. The night was filled with excitement as Ronit Roy set the stage on fire with his opening act. Dancing with the Brazilian troupe on Hindi numbers like 'Hare Krishna Hare Ram' 'Welcome'. Tushar Kapoor, Shabbir Ahluwalia, Rohit Roy kept the excitement going with their 'Bad Boy' Act on Ganpat remix.
The famous mundas of television Eijaz Khan, Karan Patel, Jay Bhanushali, Sharad Malhotra tried to woo the soni kudi Lara Dutta in a fun-filled act that provided the viewers with the perfect balance of Bollywood and Television.
A very special treat- for the very first time the platform was shared by the winners of both Jhalak Dikhla Ja and Nach Baliye - Prachi Desai & Deepak and Sanjeeda & Aamir Ali.
Ace director Karan Johar shared the stage with the famous on screen couples Hiten & Gauri, Saurabh & Shriti Jha, Sayanti Ghosh & Manav Gohil and Karan Singh & Shilpa Anand. The act paid tribute to the ace creations by the director.
The icing on the cake was the stupendous performance by none other than the Bollywood ka Baadshah Shah Rukh Khan. His first ever performance for a television awards show mesmerized audiences with his reminiscent fauji look. Choreographed by Ganesh Hegde this was a tribute to the television industry and all the leading ladies of television who have created an identity for themselves through their characters they portrayed. The act introduced each member of his Chak De team - Navneet Nishan, Neena Gupta, Smriti Irani, Gautami Kapoor, Sakshi Tanwar, Rajshree Thakur, Mona Singh, Anita, Prachi Desai and Divyanka Tripathi.
The Global Television Honours were presented in a star–studded ceremony where Kareena Kapoor, Saif Ali Khan, Tusshar Kapoor , Amrita Arora and host of Television personalities attended the event attended the event
Catch all the glitz, glamour and excitement when the spectacular ceremony will telecast only on 9X