The prestigious IIFA awards took place last night and needless to say, it was a star-studded affair. Right from bringing in the big honors for some expected winners to some surprises and an array of exhilarating performances, it was all you expect the grand affair to be.
Anees Bazmee's Bhool Bhulaiyaa 2, the horror comedy starring Kartik Aaryan and Tabu, won two awards – Best Choreography for title track and Best Sound Design.
Brahmastra: Part One - Shiva won the majority of the awards on Saturday at the gala event, including Best Playback Singer for Shreya Ghoshal (Female) and Arijit Singh (Male), as well as Best Supporting Actor (Female) for Mouni Roy.
Babil Khan, the son of late Bollywood actor Irrfan Khan, shared the Best Debut (Male) award with Santanu Maheshwari. Khan was celebrated for his role in the film Qala, and Maheshwari for starring in Gangubai Kathiawadi.
Khushali Kumar won the Best Debut (Female) for Dhoka Around the Corner.
Here is the entire list-
- Best Film: Drishyam 2
- Best Director: R Madhavan for Rocketry: The Nambi Effect
- Best Actor in a Supporting Role (Female): Mouni Roy for Brahmastra: Part One - Shiva
- Best Actor in a Supporting Role (Male): Anil Kapoor for Jugjugg Jeeyo
- Outstanding Achievement for Fashion in Cinema: Manish Malhotra
- Outstanding Achievement in Indian Cinema: Kamal Haasan
- Best Adapted Story: Aamil Keeyan Khan and Abhishek Pathak for Drishyam 2
- Best Original Story: Perveez Sheikh and Jasmeet Reen for Darlings
- Outstanding Achievement in Regional Cinema: Marathi film Ved, directed by Riteish Deshmukh
- Best Playback Singer (Female): Shreya Ghoshal for the song Rasiya from Brahmastra: Part One - Shiva
- Best Playback Singer (Male): Arijit Singh for the song Kesariya from Brahmastra: Part One - Shiva
- Best Music Direction: Pritam for Brahmastra: Part One - Shiva
- Best Lyricist: Amitabh Bhattacharya for the song Kesarya from Brahmastra: Part One - Shiva
- Best Cinematography: Gangubai Kathiawadi
- Best Screenplay: Gangubai Kathiawadi
- Best Dialogue: Gangubai Kathiawadi
- Best Choreography for title track: Bhool Bhulaiyaa 2
- Best Sound Design: Bhool Bhulaiyaa 2
- Best Editing: Drishyam 2
- Best Special Effects (Visual): Brahmastra: Part One - Shiva
- Best Background Score: Vikram Vedha
- Best Sound Mixing: Monica O My Darling
- Best Debut (Female): Khushali Kumar for Dhoka Around the Corner
We wish the winners loads of congratulations.