Bangalore, March 7 (IANS) Galipata still rules the Kannada box office. The bad news is that too many films are ending up as big flops. The film industry here is just waiting for a big success.
Top five Kannada films are:
1. 'Galipata' - The film will complete 50 days shortly in many centres. Ganesh is the highlight of the big budget movie. It is expected to recover the cost of production because of its huge collections in the first two weeks.
2. 'Gaja' - The film has had a big opening and provided a major break to Darshan, who had some indifferent releases recently.
3. 'Bindaas' - The Puneet Raj Kumar starrer drew such huge crowds in the opening week that every analyst expected it become a super hit. The collections, however, have been falling from the second week.
4. 'Milana' - It is one of the hits released last year and is still running at some major centres. Its performance has been brighter than expected in the B and C theatres. The Puneet-Prakash combination has struck gold.
5. 'Inthi Ninna Preethiya' - Director Suri's film has had an indifferent start. This is surprising because Suri's last film 'Duniya' was a silver jubilee hit.ALSO READ: Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 11: Geeta Phogat to make an appearance to support sister Sangeeta Phogat